Guardian 26th March patch

in Guardian

Posted by: Lahm.7056

Lahm.7056

- Guardian -

• Wrath skill: Now strikes enemies that it passes through. (Downed skill)
  • Symbol of Protection skill: Now correctly hits five maximum targets and applies boons to five allies.
  • Symbol of Faith skill: Now correctly hits five maximum targets.
  • Virtue of Courage skill: Aegis correctly reapplies when stripped.

- General -

• Reduced quickness from 100% attack speed to 50%.

Looks like we are heading in the good direction balance wise since we had the least changes across all professions in this patch. Hopefully Scepter and Sword will have some love next patch.

Lancelot – Guardian – Deso – Hyperreal [PAL]
- Proudly not going to go DH -
I’m looking at you, Rev..

(edited by Lahm.7056)

in Guardian

Posted by: Grogba.6204

Grogba.6204

- Wrath skill: Now strikes enemies that it passes through.

Finally! Now I only need that one major from Zeal!

Deathlaz0r Build!

in Guardian

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

What the hell is wrath skill? There’s like 20 skills with the word wrath in it.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

The only thing I could comment on reading though was concerning the buff to Warrior banners, such as:

• Banner of Defense skill: Increased toughness and vitality granted to allies from 90 at level 80 to 170.

It’s a shame Strength In Numbers didn’t get a similar hike.

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

It’s our downed state uber dps skill. I expect everyone will switch to Strength and Revenge of the Fallen now – AH is dead!

Everyone who complains about a guardian’s low HP pool failed to grasp that it allows us to enter Downed State far more effectively than other classes.

Be prepared for all guardian zergs in WvW like this one:

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

in Guardian

Lahm.7056

It’s first downed skill. I left a note next to its line because it is indeed quite ambiguous.

Still no Sword or Scepter love in this patch, shame. :/

in Guardian

Lahm.7056

It’s our downed state uber dps skill. I expect everyone will switch to Stength and Revenge of the Fallen now – AH is dead!

Everyone who complains about a guardian’s low HP pool failed to grasp that it allows us to enter Downed State far more effectively than other classes.

Why would AH be dead? It’s been a while since the healing returns would to go up to 5 players max, this symbol fix was needed for those who built around it.

About downed state, this buff was good to give us a better edge at rallying because it was sometimes difficult to target anything that was dying to get a rally, it simply became easier. =P

Funny aspect that you mentioned about the low HP pool linked to easier access to downed state, but still I highly doubt Anet would be trying to push us over that kitten mechanic.

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

sarcasm is a kitten.

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

@Lahm – I apologise, the tone of my post may not have been entirely clear – I’ve updated it slightly.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Aye, internet’s infamous loss of tone. Lahm, it’s sarcasm.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Guardian

Posted by: Codo.2860

Codo.2860

@Lahm – I apologise, the tone of my post may not have been entirely clear – I’ve updated it slightly.

It was clear enough to me! XD

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

The only thing I could comment on reading though was concerning the buff to Warrior banners, such as:

• Banner of Defense skill: Increased toughness and vitality granted to allies from 90 at level 80 to 170.

It’s a shame Strength In Numbers didn’t get a similar hike.

This right here really upsets me.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Lahm.7056

I’m the one who apologizes if I seemed to be too inclined in trying to show a different POV, I guess it wasn’t necessary as you knew what you were saying.

About the video, all I can think of now, is that consumable related to enhance the downed state will be top sellers among Guardians soon. :P

Concerning what you mentioned about the comparison from our Strength In Numbers trait and the newly buffed Warrior banner skills, well a trait is obviously going to be inferior to a off-hand skill, also other professions who have similar stat ‘aura’ increase also have values same as us Guardians, correct me if I’m wrong. =P

(edited by Lahm.7056)

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Well, they really didn’t do anything. Just some bug fixes, so I can’t complain.

My poor Warrior on the other hand….lawl

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Guardians! remmember if you die?
Die alltogether in the same cell, turtle of death!

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

Concerning what you mentioned about the comparison from our Strength In Numbers trait and the newly buffed Warrior banner skills, well a trait is obviously going to be inferior to a off-hand skill, also other professions who have similar stat ‘aura’ increase also have values same as us Guardians, correct me if I’m wrong. =P

I would imagine they’d think twice about giving even more utility to Valor anyway.

in Guardian

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

Errr. How did the symbols hit wrong amount of targets again? Did they hit too many or too few? In either cases we didn’t get any nerfs nor buffs.

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

Errr. How did the symbols hit wrong amount of targets again? Did they hit too many or too few? In either cases we didn’t get any nerfs nor buffs.

Some symbols were only proc’ing for 3 instead of 5 ( Mace ), and hammer protection would only hit 3 if you had Writ of Exultation traited. So you could say it’s a buff ( or rather a de-nerf )

Quite happy about that one as I often have WoE switched on

source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guardian-Bugs-compilation/page/8#post1564459

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

in Guardian

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

anyone know if the quickness change did anything to Tome of Wrath skill 4?

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

in Guardian

Posted by: Kangataz.6842

Kangataz.6842

Please make scepter 2 a symbol already…..This would balance out that lack lusterness of scepters. It looks like a symbol, why is it not a symbol!!!!

in Guardian

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

anyone know if the quickness change did anything to Tome of Wrath skill 4?

It is still the same… no buff of duration for quickness.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

Please make scepter 2 a symbol already…..This would balance out that lack lusterness of scepters. It looks like a symbol, why is it not a symbol!!!!

I’d rather have scepter #1 buffed…. ranged dps is nice. If it ever hits.

Make it a homing missile allready!! No need to wait 4 major patches for that.

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

in Guardian

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

The fact scepter 1, most broken autoattack in game… is still here boggles my mind.

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

aww just when i started to enjoy the Sigil of Rage on my hammer. actually procs way more often than you can notice… hmmm. and sad we didn’t get a duration buff for tome.

and re: symbols, oops, i never even noticed it only hit up to 3 targets (mace and hammer). this included dmg to foes AND boons to allies?

was hoping for more this patch for the Guardian, but sometimes, i guess less is more.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Irena.1062

Irena.1062

Indeed, give scepter 1 more range, speed and make it homing, make staff have more range, make it so zealot’s defense does not root you, and make it so sword 2 does more damage. That would fix just about everything.

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

and re: symbols, oops, i never even noticed it only hit up to 3 targets (mace and hammer). this included dmg to foes AND boons to allies?

I believe so – the hammer worked ok provided you didn’t have WoE traited – so you may not have noticed it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

Indeed, give scepter 1 more range, speed and make it homing, make staff have more range, make it so zealot’s defense does not root you, and make it so sword 2 does more damage. That would fix just about everything.

Scepter does not need more range or speed, it just needs to hit. Simply make it homing and guardian will have a viable ranged option.

I don’t get it why this didnt happen allready? It cannot possibly be intended that theres 1 profession that is unviable in 1 department of the game. I speculate they simply are not aware of it, like someone else said: its mindboggeling that it hasnt been fixed yet. If there was enough attention about scepter #1 and a dev would have read it, it would’ve been fixed the next patch.

It does astound me most of the community whines about hammer skills and whatnot, like poster above me and thus it strikes me this important matter is not viewed as important enough…

edit: In my opinion there should be like 5 rage posts per day from different people about why scepter #1 hasnt been fixed yet. Strange tbh. Does most of the community not care about guardian ranged viability?

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

(edited by Sandra Martino.3870)

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Scepter does not need more range or speed, it just needs to hit. Simply make it homing and guardian will have a viable ranged option.

I don’t get it why this didnt happen allready? It cannot possibly be intended that theres 1 profession that is unviable in 1 department of the game. I speculate they simply are not aware of it, like someone else said: its mindboggeling that it hasnt been fixed yet. If there was enough attention about scepter #1 and a dev would have read it, it would’ve been fixed the next patch.

It does astound me most of the community whines about hammer skills and whatnot, like poster above me and thus it strikes me this important matter is not viewed as important enough…

edit: In my opinion there should be like 5 rage posts per day from different people about why scepter #1 hasnt been fixed yet. Strange tbh. Does most of the community not care about guardian ranged viability?

Technically, Scepter 1 does have homing. You can see it actually following the target, but as you alluded to, it doesn’t always land… or never lands if the target is just slightly mobile.

The community is more or less split on having range viability.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Guardian

Posted by: GoZero.9708

GoZero.9708

Considering both my Engineer and Thief took a hit, I’m glad that my Symbol Guardian had both of the important symbols fixed.