Guardian Armor choice?

Guardian Armor choice?

in Guardian

Posted by: Aven.7295

Aven.7295

Q:

So i have a question for a few expereinced guardians. I understand the builds just fine but im workinder what gear should a guard be walking around in for decent survivablity and damage.

I currently see people saying a combo of Knights + valkyrie’s in both armor and jewlry. Could someone tell me what the combos usualy is?

Currently im running full soldiers armor with rune of the soldier and cleric jewlry.

Im wondering what i would need to replace to get a decent amount of crit and offensive power while still remaining tanky.

Aven Scorchfield, lvl 80 Guardian
Server: Maguma
Guild: Judgement [Eye]

Guardian Armor choice?

in Guardian

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

A:

Gw2buildcraft — I know that’s probably not what you want to hear but you’ll just end up with different answers across the board, so you’re better off playing around with it yourself and getting the #s you want.

Guardian Armor choice?

in Guardian

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

Usually people put valks in gloves, boots, sholders, back item, amulet. Also all accessories/back item with +crit damage for the upgrade jewels for the best ratio. Knights in the other slots (chest, rings, legs ect).

The reason for this is that these slots have a better crit damage vs stats ratio. Which is easy to calculate.

Also as said about play around with buildcraft, it is handy.

(edited by purpleskies.3274)

Guardian Armor choice?

in Guardian

Posted by: Sherman.4631

Sherman.4631

Knight + (anything) to be honest, but most likely with some vitality so you can reach a 14 000 – 16 000 Hp.

We’re out of chicken

Guardian Armor choice?

in Guardian

Posted by: Mazer.8923

Mazer.8923

I’m wearing full knights armor with berserker trinkets and I love it. Usually the only reason I’ll die is if I get focus fired or I over extend myself (which happens more than I’d like to admit). I feel my survivability (unless I do something real dumb) is great and my damage is pretty good as well with out going full offense.

Guardian Armor choice?

in Guardian

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

I min/max and use a mixture of pieces depending on the build.

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

Guardian Armor choice?

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

it’s good that you understand the builds. i’d start from choosing a build that you enjoy and want to focus on, then to start building your gear around that.

typically, other than having a focus on healing power or any other non-primary stats… a mix of Knight’s Valkyrie Berserker and Soldier would be good. since you’re not going all out zerker, you can slot in crit damage in the spots where you give up the least amount of stat points per 1% added crit damage, starting with trinket upgrade slots.

then take into account what runes or upgrades you want as well. if you’re into raw numbers, orbs would probs be best. i have two builds, and just switching the runes to a mix of emerald orbs and ruby orbs, i can increase both dmg and armor by a little. though i am stubborn, lol, and want to keep the runes for “concept” or background reasons for my character.

then lastly, sigils and food can also make a huge difference to your build and there are a lot to choose from there to tweak.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Guardian Armor choice?

in Guardian

Posted by: Aven.7295

Aven.7295

thanks all, ive been playing around and ive settled on soldier armor with knights jewls since thats all i can aford atm. Ty all for the help

Aven Scorchfield, lvl 80 Guardian
Server: Maguma
Guild: Judgement [Eye]

Guardian Armor choice?

in Guardian

Posted by: Akitsuki.6803

Akitsuki.6803

The combo that I’m using right now is Soldier Armor Set, and Berserker Weapon and Accessory.