Guardian Bugs compilation.

in Guardian

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Attacking siege in WvW with a one-handed sword doesn’t work properly. Sword Wrath will hit, Sword Arc will Hit, but Sword Wave does no damage and will repeat itself three times. So attacking will look like this Sword Wrath for 53, Sword Arc for 55, Sword Wave for 0, Sword Wave for 0, Sword Wave for 0. Makes it so that you have to cancel your attack combo after Sword Arc and attack the siege again or have a lot of time where you are doing no damage to the siege.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Was just going to post the same thing as i just started running a 1h sword spec. Also does the same on target dummies. Sword wave DOES work on gates however. So not exactly sure what is causing the issue. Also, changing ranges does not seem to work. So its not a “too close too far away issue”, it just doesnt even register as hitting.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: Slaughterfreak.2678

Slaughterfreak.2678

in Guardian

Posted by: Apraxas.3685

Apraxas.3685

Virtue of resolve already on the list.
Added the master of consecration bug, it is just a tooltip error the consecrations actually last longer ingame.

(edited by Apraxas.3685)

in Guardian

Posted by: Slaughterfreak.2678

Slaughterfreak.2678

Added the master of consecration bug, it is just a tooltip error the consecrations actually last longer ingame.

I know that virtue of resolve is on the list already, but you just have the tooltip error. The error I described is that the increased effect (in combination with Absolute Resolution) is not transferred to party members, they still get the weak healing^^.

And the consecrations don’t actually last longer, do they? I tested them all and timed the effect with a stopwatch lol, and it was at most half a second longer, which I believe is just me not clicking stop quick enough^^, no the skills actually lasting longer…

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

The error I described is that the increased effect (in combination with Absolute Resolution) is not transferred to party members, they still get the weak healing^^.

This is an interesting observation, IMHO if I spec into absolute resolution it should also boost my battle presence:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Battle_Presence
according to the wiki it says it doesn´t, which we already know it doesn´t, but it is by design or a bug?, ill put this on the unsure section. thx:)

in Guardian

Posted by: cmerc.2081

cmerc.2081

Staff skill Empower’s boon duration is still bugged. I could have sworn a lot of people made posts about this when the Lost Shores patch notes came out and stated the increase in base duration from 8 to 10 seconds, but I can’t see anything of that nature now. Right now with +35% boon duration, the skill description says I will get 13 and 1/2 seconds of Might stacks, but I only get ~10.

in Guardian

Posted by: yuD.3618

yuD.3618

the 2nd function of rune of Air, Pack and Speed (20% duration of swiftness) not working on my guardian. I’ve tested this on pvp rune and pve.

15% duration of boon from rune of Monk and Water working properly thought.

Anyone else has same bug as mine?

(edited by yuD.3618)

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

the 2nd function of rune of Air, Pack and Speed (20% duration of swiftness) not working on my guardian. I’ve tested this on pvp rune and pve.

Did you time the actual duration or only the tooltips?, It is a known issue that runes and traits that increase the duration of a specific boon will not be reflected on the skill tooltips.

in Guardian

yuD.3618

ok i will test again this evening, tks.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

Potential exploit ( or arguably a cool feature of the skill ):
Judge’s Intervention: If there is a nearby mob, you can cast Judge’s Intervention the moment you hit the deck from a fall of any height and be teleported to the enemy receiving no fall damage ( provided it’s in range, target selection is not required ) – timing must be fairly precise.

note: I ticketed this a couple of months ago, but since no patch has been forthcoming, I’ll post it here

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

in Guardian

yuD.3618

Did you time the actual duration or only the tooltips?, It is a known issue that runes and traits that increase the duration of a specific boon will not be reflected on the skill tooltips.

just check ingame, not shown on tooltip but increase the duration though, tks.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sovelin.7650

Sovelin.7650

Renewed Virtue of Justice only failed to renew on these occasions for me:
1) Always in personal story instances where the mob didn’t give XP (very annoying as in those specific instances there are tons of mobs)
2) Rarely in personal story where mobs do give XP (much less common)
3) Against mobs that don’t die (certain mobs who have a role after the fight, or NPCs that you are challenging).

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Have you guys noticed that Trident 4 ( that retal underwater bubble) suffers the same super long aftercast just like renewed focus had before fix?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Refraction

If i swap weapons after finishing casting the bubble i can move fast again.

in Guardian

Posted by: Eli.6051

Eli.6051

Focused mind must be a bug, i don’t think it’s worth to invest 20 traits point on this one just to reduce 1/4 second casting time….. please make this one more functional.

in Guardian

Posted by: ref.8196

ref.8196

Symbol of swiftness NEEDS to be fixed. It can actually overwrite and REDUCE the duration of swiftness, for example if someone casts swiftness lasting 20 seconds, and you dump a symbol of swiftness on the floor, and run through it, you only have about 4 seconds of swiftness remaining.

in Guardian

Posted by: Gahn.8150

Gahn.8150

Symbol of swiftness NEEDS to be fixed. It can actually overwrite and REDUCE the duration of swiftness, for example if someone casts swiftness lasting 20 seconds, and you dump a symbol of swiftness on the floor, and run through it, you only have about 4 seconds of swiftness remaining.

This must be, alongside with the skill literally not working in some situations (terrain aggravates the problem but it seems really random sometimes), the most frustrating bug for me, seeing as it doesn’t stack duration anyway with other swiftness spells.

At least fix the stacking part if anything.

Gahn Lonewolf [TDA]
Norn Guardian
Gandara

in Guardian

Posted by: Antares.9826

Antares.9826

Shiled of Absorption only knockbacks on cast, not sure if it’s bug or intended

Orb of Light has predictive shot meaning it’ll fly so it hits it’s target if it doesn’t change direction (Orb of Wrath has a similar system), it also get stuck in it’s detonate state if the damage from it is being negated in any way eg. block, invulnerable or reflect and won’t return unless you switch weapon or use the detonate skill

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

I don’t see this on the OP – Purging Flames does not have its duration increased by Master of Consecrations.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

I don’t see this on the OP – Purging Flames does not have its duration increased by Master of Consecrations.

Remember you should not trust tooltips as they are mostly bugged, did you verify the actual duration or just based on tooltip?

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Plz somebody tell me Im removing bugs from this list tonight. I don’t see any listed at all on the patch notes. QQ

in Guardian

Posted by: victus.8563

victus.8563

Justice will never trigger outside of melee range, either passive or activated. Using a ranged weapon in melee range will trigger it. Also, the burn duration of Justice is not affected by runes or sigils increasing burn duration.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Justice will never trigger outside of melee range, either passive or activated. Using a ranged weapon in melee range will trigger it. Also, the burn duration of Justice is not affected by runes or sigils increasing burn duration.

I checked this and found something interesting, the Runes and sigils DO increase the duration. for example, Justice ticked 6 seconds with +55% burn duration, JI ticked 4 times. The funny thing is that.. Without any runes or sigils justice only ticked 4 times.. which is odd considering its supposed to be 5 seconds for 5 ticks, This leads me to believe justice burn duration is actually shorted than indicated. Im adding this to the list.

in Guardian

Posted by: Yamedo.2561

Yamedo.2561

Thanks again. Like I told Necro players this is very helpful. There are 600 traits and about 800 skills, some are bound to break. We will look at this stuff ASAP. Reminder, fixes take a few days, then we need to test them for a week or so.

Jon

It’s been 3 months and I would say 99% of these bugs haven’t been fixed yet. =/

in Guardian

Posted by: Yamedo.2561

Yamedo.2561

I don’t see this on the OP - Purging Flames does not have its duration increased by Master of Consecrations.

Remember you should not trust tooltips as they are mostly bugged, did you verify the actual duration or just based on tooltip?

To me, imo, it felt a tad longer. I’ll go take a look again.

in Guardian

Posted by: Grumwulf.9602

Grumwulf.9602

When using Leap of Faith combined with the trait Blind Exposure into a group of mobs so that all are blinded you will get vulnerability stacks equal to 3 * the number of mobs blinded on each mob. This means that blinding a group of 4 mobs will get you 12 stacks of vuln on each one. This doesn’t work with the blind from VoJ. I haven’t tested it with the sword.

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

When using Leap of Faith combined with the trait Blind Exposure into a group of mobs so that all are blinded you will get vulnerability stacks equal to 3 * the number of mobs blinded on each mob. This means that blinding a group of 4 mobs will get you 12 stacks of vuln on each one. This doesn’t work with the blind from VoJ. I haven’t tested it with the sword.

Oh, that’s a nice bug. Bet that gets a fix quickly. Will have to test with flashing blade tonight

in Guardian

Posted by: ilovepi.3542

ilovepi.3542

Signet of Mercy: Even when an ally player is downed, selected, in range, and in FOV the active skill works less than 50% of the time for seemingly no reason.

On many occasions I’ve tried stopping everything I’m doing, getting withing ~600 of a downed (not defeated) player even though the range is greater than that, selecting him or her, and using this skill while standing still and looking right at him or her … and it fully channels and the ally is just lying there downed afterwards. Sometimes it does work as intended, but I don’t know what the deciding factor is for it to work or not work. (If a specific is needed, it rarely works in FOTM. Seems like it should be useful fighting the Maw but I no longer bring it because it simply does not work most of the time.)

As more of a complaint than a bug: the activation time is so long two allies could probably run up and almost revive the ally before it’s done.

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

Oh, that’s a nice bug. Bet that gets a fix quickly. Will have to test with flashing blade tonight

Confirmed the multi-mob vulnerability stacking effect on Leap of Faith.

However the effect is not present on the blind aoe from flashing blade ( and VoJ as previously noted ).

Brilliance is also not dependant on the number of surrounding mobs and hits for 3 stacks + 1 stack per tick

While not an AoE skill, I’ll add for completeness that Ray of Judgement also has the expected behaviour, applying 3 stacks of vulnerability per ray bounce

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

30 points in the Guardians Virtues branch shows “Increase Virtue Recharge Rate by 30%.”

The three virtues have base recharge rates of 30 / 60 / 90

It seems a 30% reduction should equate out to 21 / 42 / 63

In game though the values are only reduced to 23 / 46.5 / 69.5

These are obviously not exact values as I am not given exact numbers in game to work with but they should be close enough to illustrate the point.

In summation, the traits screen shows a 30% reduction when the actual reduction is ~22.5%

Perhaps my math is off or I am misinterpreting the information so feel free to tell me if this is the case.

Yes this has been discussed previously, its working as intended. The post with the full explanation should be in the first couple pages.

in Guardian

Posted by: Barnabus Stinson.1409

Barnabus Stinson.1409

Wave of Light (Downed 2) Often fails push back, either if enemy is standing on you, or in the middle of a finisher.

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

Wave of Light (Downed 2) Often fails push back, either if enemy is standing on you, or in the middle of a finisher.

If the enemy has stability, then they won’t be affected by any push back skills.

in Guardian

Barnabus Stinson.1409

If the enemy has stability, then they won’t be affected by any push back skills.

I check every time for stability and rarely find that did have it.

in Guardian

Barnabus Stinson.1409

Absolute resolution – Increase in passive regen is shown on tool tip but wasnt actually giving that much

Just saw that I didnt catch it with the tool tip up, But it was meant to be 266.

Attachments:

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Absolute resolution – Increase in passive regen is shown on tool tip but wasnt actually giving that much

Just saw that I didnt catch it with the tool tip up, But it was meant to be 266.

Virtue of Resolve
When improved with Absolute Resolution the tooltip indicates an erroneous healing number, showing a 97% increase instead of the correct 25%.

in Guardian

Posted by: Smileyhat.6783

Smileyhat.6783

Not sure if this one has been pointed out:

The Sword Wave skill with the 1h sword (third attack in the 1-key attack chain) is unable to hit some attackable objects.

Example in the screenshot: you can see me stabbing the crates, but it never registers a hit. It doesn’t happen with every object, though; I was able to hit the cannons in the same area.

Attachments:

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Not sure if this one has been pointed out:

The Sword Wave skill with the 1h sword (third attack in the 1-key attack chain) is unable to hit some attackable objects.

Example in the screenshot: you can see me stabbing the crates, but it never registers a hit. It doesn’t happen with every object, though; I was able to hit the cannons in the same area.

added to the list.

in Guardian

Barnabus Stinson.1409

Virtue of Resolve
When improved with Absolute Resolution the tooltip indicates an erroneous healing number, showing a 97% increase instead of the correct 25%.

Oh right noted, sorry didnt know this. Kinda makes the trait a bit useless but thanks for the info.

in Guardian

foofad.5162

I tested this extensively, it doesn’t get a duration increase.

Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

Posted by: Shizune Fujibayashi.4813

Shizune Fujibayashi.4813

Something I’ve noticed about the “Hold the Line!” shout is that its audio component sometimes actually plays something, but it’s usually incorrect, sometimes hilariously so. What I think is happening with that skill is, the audio it plays is randomized on each cast. However, most of the time the audio selected isn’t valid; your race doesn’t have any audio for that piece of dialogue, and so it plays as silent. Occasionally, though, the random audio is actually something your race has lines for, so it plays…but there’s a lot of dialogue in the game, so it’s usually not the correct line anyway.

in Guardian

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Unable to “pick up” or “interact” with objects whilst autoattacking with scepter. Kind of a pain in the Jade Maw Fractal when you really want to pick up a Reflecting Shard.

in Guardian

Posted by: Unknown.3679

Unknown.3679

Been getting a lot of weapon swap bug for the past 2 week in dungeon like AC/CoF/CoE/TA/CM. I am using GS/Staff and GS/Scep+Focus or Shield. This happen most the time during and after a major battle with bosses. I swap between weapon a lot during major battle and when the bug kicks in prevent me to swap. The swapping arrow became gray and stuck with 1 weapon. The only fix was “forced” to fight until all battle ended and un-equip your weapon and re-equip them.

Symbol on the Staff is missing the Swiftness boon half of the time when you are crossing directly on top of it. It is still bearable because of the CD but it should work 100% of the time, sheesh, I even take 80% of effectiveness.

in Guardian

Posted by: rahuri.7048

rahuri.7048

Orb of light works one out of 5 times for me. It usually just shoots itself at the ground in front of me, instead of going towards my team so I can detonate.

in Guardian

foofad.5162

The direction Orb of Light travels is based off of camera angle. Your character has an invisible “extra” axis that you can’t see which determines where the projectiles you fire without a target go. If you move forward while aiming the camera up, your projectiles shoot up. Most people play looking about 30 degrees down at the ground or so, so that’s why your shots go into the ground.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

I tested this extensively, it doesn’t get a duration increase.

I tested this just now using the tooltip timers as checkmarks.

traited purging flames is in the field from 31 to 25, which is 6 seconds.
untraited purging flames is in the field from 39 to 34, which is 5 seconds.

i believe it does increase the duration fine, but since its only 1 second more its hard to notice it.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

The direction Orb of Light travels is based off of camera angle. Your character has an invisible “extra” axis that you can’t see which determines where the projectiles you fire without a target go. If you move forward while aiming the camera up, your projectiles shoot up. Most people play looking about 30 degrees down at the ground or so, so that’s why your shots go into the ground.

correct, its impossible to aim to your allies using only targetting, you need to aim like a fps.

in Guardian

Posted by: Metaphysicist.9427

Metaphysicist.9427

Right Hand Strength has the same issue as Sigil of Superior Accuracy for me on my Hammer. I’m sure the %crit is there but it just doesn’t update the tool-tip.

It also doesn’t do the same on the skill builder for the Hammer but will on Sword/Shield.

in Guardian

Posted by: Xersis.3478

Xersis.3478

Activating Virtue of Resolve does not work for some odd reason now. The regenerating buff does not show up at all on my screen nor my groups screen. And we do not get healed at all either.

in Guardian

Posted by: Romer.1034

Romer.1034

Renewed Justice bug is happening all the time now. Especially in personal story lines.

Edit: Also ‘Hold the line’ is missing the audio for my female asura. The bug topic only lists Charr and Sylvari.

(edited by Romer.1034)

in Guardian

Posted by: SkeeLd.2164

SkeeLd.2164

Not 100% sure it’s a bug but doesn’t look intended to me: using Tome of Wrath elite, if you cast 4 (the one that gives you haste/quickness/whatever) and immediately cast skill 5, the latter will finish channeling as soon as the haste boon runs out and cast the spell, removing over half the channeling time. Haven’t checked if the damage is lower but it sure as hell has the same effect on surrounding mobs.