Guardian Bugs compilation.

in Guardian

Posted by: Apraxas.3685

Apraxas.3685

The spells behavior needs to be like 99.99% consistent on all situations, if it heals you when you tele close, it has to heal you when you tele from far away, the only possible explanation i see is that the heal somehow gets to your target faster than your character if you are far away, causing this little situation where you were not “there” when the aoe actually healed people around but a mili second after, this could be why you get heals when you are close since you were already there when the heal popped.

Is anybody able to confirm how the spell works now so i can edit the post to remove the fixed bugs?

in Guardian

Posted by: Fluffiness.7286

Fluffiness.7286

I have tested Merciful Intervention on NPCs and players. What you described is absolutely the case. The only reason why i am asking about this skill is because they did fix the visual healing points (green numbers) upon healing. Why i find this skill worth adding is because it heals both parties (guardian and allies). It has a long cooldown even after adding a point into trait to reduce meditation skills.

What i think is that this skill was intended to be this way maybe. Or did the dev missed out on tweaking the incoming area heal to wait for the guardian to teleport to its allies before initiating the heal.

in Guardian

Posted by: Psy.6153

Psy.6153

Trait Inner Fire
supposed to give Fury when set on fire, instead it is giving a 1 stack of Might

Please fix.

Portal Bomber of
Sea of Sorrows NA

in Guardian

Posted by: Knox.8962

Knox.8962

Symbol buff stacking is either bugged or limited in a not noted manner.

Trait for longer symbols, reduced 2H cooldowns, longer retaliation, dump 30 points into virtues and stack +boon duration runes. (you can use +protection duration runes for this as well if you want to smack the target dummy in LA for a while).

Chain cast Symbol of Wrath or Symbol of Protection and watch the boon duration climb steadily. Somewhere around 11 seconds, it appears as if the ticks of the symbol don’t apply. You’ll see the buff stack up to about 13 seconds or so, and then the next tick of the symbol won’t do anything. When you get back down to 11 or so seconds, the buff will apply again, adding another 2 seconds-ish.

The same thing happens with the protection from the hammer. It stacks up for a while but around 11 seconds, the ticks of the symbol stop applying additional duration.

You can use a shout to extend the duration longer than the “limit” but it will creep back down afterwards until you settle back at that 11 second range.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sunryse.7845

Sunryse.7845

When using Zealot Flamme, you do not get fury when the Inner fire Tooltip state : ‘’When you are set on fire, you gain fury’’.

Zealot flamme tooltip : ‘’Set yourself Alight.’’

in Guardian

Posted by: Uriel.3684

Uriel.3684

The spells behavior needs to be like 99.99% consistent on all situations, if it heals you when you tele close, it has to heal you when you tele from far away, the only possible explanation i see is that the heal somehow gets to your target faster than your character if you are far away, causing this little situation where you were not “there” when the aoe actually healed people around but a mili second after, this could be why you get heals when you are close since you were already there when the heal popped.

Is anybody able to confirm how the spell works now so i can edit the post to remove the fixed bugs?

I tested this skill in a dungeon run last night and it was completely broken. My character didn’t teleport, and there were no heals to anyone in my party. I saw no green numbers on screen and no change in players health bars in the party panel. When ever Merciful Intervention was used I would simply blink in place. I used this as often as possible for about an hour with no positive results.

in Guardian

Posted by: BlurKiller.1976

BlurKiller.1976

Auto attacks when having a ranged weapon equipped and casting “Retreat!”
refer: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Auto-Attack-activates-when-using-Retreat-with-Scepter-equiped-guardian/first#post115970

Also could you guys look into sanctuary? Currently mobs and projectiles alike are passing it like its nothing.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Guardian-Sanctuary-bugged/first#post264427

in Guardian

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

Another issue I have with Orb of Light is that if you cast then activate it immediately, the orb doesn’t seem to appear and heal or do damage.

I can confirm this. Double tab the orb button causes your orb to go on cooldown, but no damage is dealt and no heals are delivered.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

Seems that it’s already been classified, but Purging Flames not removing conditions is seriously hampering.

in Guardian

Posted by: kipz.8701

kipz.8701

Empowering Might trait is definitely bugged. Ran SE yesterday to confirm for myself and in the party windows nobody was gaining might on MY crits.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Empowering Might trait is definitely bugged. Ran SE yesterday to confirm for myself and in the party windows nobody was gaining might on MY crits.

I checked the wiki description, says nearby allies, the range is really really short, make sure your allies are practically next to you or it wont work, also, it is possible that illusions and pets and other stuff ate the buffs because of distance priorities. Ill check it out when i get home

in Guardian

Posted by: kipz.8701

kipz.8701

Hmm, alright.

Didn’t know about the range although all allies seemed pretty close. I’ll have to test it out again. Would be nice to know the actual range on it

in Guardian

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Purging flames only removes ONE condition on cast, and it should work like Mesmer’s Null Field (removing conditions over time) . Maybe it’s me but the wording is not clear enough.

in Guardian

Posted by: Krulz.6245

Krulz.6245

Pure of Voice
Does not work properly with Hold the Line! or Save Yourselves! Full explanation + video in this post.

This one needs to be addressed soon, it can kill many builds =/

Thank you for this thread.

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~

in Guardian

Posted by: Tim.9850

Tim.9850

I rarely use the staff, but the “Line Of Warding” skill doesn’t work at all against an “Earth Elemental”. Every single one of them walks right through it every time when I tried it in the Diessa Plateau region.

I assume that is a bug?

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Every earth elemental i’ve seen has stability by default, is there a specific version that doesnt that still can pass through it?

in Guardian

Posted by: Tim.9850

Tim.9850

I don’t even know what “stability” is in the game. It’s one thing that does tick me off, is all the skills that don’t list the “fine print” about what the skill actually doesn’t work against. A lot of the skills are worthless due to not working as advertised in the tooltip.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

what a gracious day, anet has blessed us with a few bug fixes

Bane Signet: This skill’s animation will now work properly when activated by greatsword and hammer users.
Line of Warding: This skill now lasts for 5 seconds instead of 8 seconds.
Merciful Intervention: This skill has been updated to heal when it completes and isn’t aborted.
Renewed Focus: This skill now functions better while underwater (players are able to use abilities sooner) and functions with the Virtues trait Elite Focus. This skill now also properly refreshes Virtue of Courage when it is being affected by traits.
Shield of Absorption: This skill will now appear correctly for all races.
Wrathful Spirit: This Honor trait’s retaliation duration has been decreased from 10 seconds to 3 seconds.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Renewed Focus: This skill now functions better while underwater (players are able to use abilities sooner)

tried this.. i was not able to notice any difference, still super long aftercast and i cant cast anything for a few after it finished casting.

If anybody can help me test these changes see if they actually work as intended now, thanks

// bane signet and line of warding bugs fixed

(edited by Apraxas.3685)

in Guardian

Posted by: Krulz.6245

Krulz.6245

Too bad Pure of Voice was not addressed =/

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~

in Guardian

Posted by: avalon.4102

avalon.4102

Hi,

After a lot of testing, it is obvious than CLEANSING BOLTS from projectiles finishers in a light field don’t work; they don’t remove any conditions.
Moreover, the projectiles (be it from GS #3 skill or mace #3) go to random places.
All this makes this finisher utterly useless at the moment.

Regards

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Yeah, its a shame really, just gotta be patient., ill keep updating the post as im able or somebody else to confirm that they got fixed.

(edited by Apraxas.3685)

in Guardian

Posted by: Twaygarr.8940

Twaygarr.8940

Shield of Wrath: This skill seems not to work 1/2 the time, no shields pop up.
Shield of Absorption: Same thing, 1/2 the time I get no option to “Detonate”.

in Guardian

Posted by: SKuDDer.1860

SKuDDer.1860

Renewed Focus – Doesn’t actually make you invulnerable while casting. Players can still attack, stun, knockdown, etc.

Ring of Warding – Players can jump over, dodge through, teleport, and basically do just about anything to get out of this. For how long this ability takes to cast and CD time, its a waste of a 5th slot hammer skill in its current state.

Banish – This ability needs a longer range, or less casting time. By the time you finish the animation, the player has run circles around you. Often misses all together even with the player right in front of you. A waste of a 4th slot skill in its current state.

Hammer Bash – Casting time needs to be dropped down a bit. Most people use great sword because you can attack constantly and do the same amount of damage. If the casting time is going to remain, the damage should at least be more.

Signet of Resolve – Every 10s a condition is cure. As of now there is no real benefit of being a melee character. We do not get constant speed, or increase in damage, or increase in resistance to CC abilities. Most melee players can be kited way to easily. I suggest making this from 10s to 4-5s.

Save yourselves – Why are these CD’s so long? we are melee, CD’s should be short.
Judge’s intervention – Why are these CD’s so long? we are melee, CD’s should be short.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Thank you for your feedback skudder, however i would like to do a friendly reminder that this post is for bugs and stuff that isnt working properly, not suggestions about balance.

in Guardian

Posted by: Light.3976

Light.3976

A better explanation of what’s happening with Symbol of Swiftness

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/59597-swiftness-from-symbol-of-swiftness-doesnt-stack-in-duration-correctly/#entry1873412

By the way, are we going to have a list where we request for better worded traits and skill descriptions? Lots of them don’t tell us the exact numbers, for instance, how much does SoA detonate heal for or what is the damage increase per boon for power of the virtuous (interesting behavior)?

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

A better explanation of what’s happening with Symbol of Swiftness

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/59597-swiftness-from-symbol-of-swiftness-doesnt-stack-in-duration-correctly/#entry1873412

By the way, are we going to have a list where we request for better worded traits and skill descriptions? Lots of them don’t tell us the exact numbers, for instance, how much does SoA detonate heal for or what is the damage increase per boon for power of the virtuous (interesting behavior)?

Yep that swiftness post pretty much explains the issues it has, about the tooltips and descriptions i would also love them to be concise and easy to understand like the ones on gw1.

in Guardian

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Too bad Pure of Voice was not addressed =/

I’m really sad it wans’t fixed either as it’s a mandatory triat in my main build.
And even then… it’s a MAJOR trait! darn it!

Also, I can confirm the Renewed Focus underwater aftercast WASN’T fixed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Mezorick.3610

Mezorick.3610

Merciful intervention considers engineer turrets to be allies. I’m not sure if this is working as intended, but it sure is frustrating to try to use the skill to teleport to an ally in need only to end up in front of a turret somewhere else.
And i’m not even sure if the turrets are healed with this skill.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

yes i already had a section explaining how annoying is to have your skills prioritize stuff like pets and other non player entities around you.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Hi,

After a lot of testing, it is obvious than CLEANSING BOLTS from projectiles finishers in a light field don’t work; they don’t remove any conditions.
Moreover, the projectiles (be it from GS #3 skill or mace #3) go to random places.
All this makes this finisher utterly useless at the moment.

Regards

Found an interesting note on the wiki

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Combo

according to these the bolt finishers from whirl act like an aoe kind of thing. not really bolt oriented.

in Guardian

Posted by: avalon.4102

avalon.4102

Hey Apraxas,
thanks for the link, but be they bolt or aoe or whatever, they don’t work.

A lot of these aoe combo finishers don’t work by the way I believe

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Hey guys, ive been testing renewed focus for some time and ive noticed that in rare occasions the skill will fail to negate any damage, you will be casting the animation and stuck in place, if you move the spell will not use its cd and u can use it again, its like it never activated. has anybody else experienced this?

in Guardian

Posted by: voidelysium.7285

voidelysium.7285

Bug / Hidden Feature: When using GS skill Leap of Faith inside a ‘light’ combo field (possibly other combo finishers that grant some form of substantial retaliation) that will take you to greater than 20 seconds of retaliation, absolutely zero retaliation is granted by the combo. Shouts and virtues on the otherhand, will grant above and beyond this arbitrary 20 second limit.

in Guardian

Posted by: DeadlyStormZ.2370

DeadlyStormZ.2370

Guardians’ shout cannot be heard by the others while Warriors’ shouts can

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

You mean the audio?

(edited by Apraxas.3685)

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Bug / Hidden Feature: When using GS skill Leap of Faith inside a ‘light’ combo field (possibly other combo finishers that grant some form of substantial retaliation) that will take you to greater than 20 seconds of retaliation, absolutely zero retaliation is granted by the combo. Shouts and virtues on the otherhand, will grant above and beyond this arbitrary 20 second limit.

i just did a leap finisher while having 28 seconds retal and it jumped me to 36 on a light field, tips on how to test it?

in Guardian

Posted by: voidelysium.7285

voidelysium.7285

i just did a leap finisher while having 28 seconds retal and it jumped me to 36 on a light field, tips on how to test it?

Keep trying to stack that retaliation with various shouts, I did more testing, and I found that I can get as high as 48s of retaliation with a burst of skills, but sometimes shouts, combo finishers, and symbol of wrath will work, and sometimes they just won’t. It is super inconsistent. That’s the main problem.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Keep trying to stack that retaliation with various shouts, I did more testing, and I found that I can get as high as 48s of retaliation with a burst of skills, but sometimes shouts, combo finishers, and symbol of wrath will work, and sometimes they just won’t. It is super inconsistent. That’s the main problem.

tried again with 47 seconds, jumped me to 53 ;o, however i did notice that there is some kind of diminishing return or cap on how much retal you can get after certain time passes, because I had like 15s retal and popped a lot of cds not only the leap finisher and it did not go up. I presume is just a cap mechanic so you cant stack it up to ridic ammounts.

(edited by Apraxas.3685)

in Guardian

Posted by: DeadlyStormZ.2370

DeadlyStormZ.2370

You mean the audio?

yes, the audio

in Guardian

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

The guardian trait that refreshes virtue of justice on killing an enemy is largely useless in those storymode missions where you fight lots of enemies that give no exp/loot, because the skill only works on enemies who give exp.

This is an understandable design decision, and I can also see why you would make some of the waves of monsters in story missions not give exp, but the two together remove key parts of my build.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

has anybody tested merciful intervention since the patch? does it heal the guardian properly if teleport from far away or does it still fail?

Also, I’ve been testing orb of light a lot to check that about shooting in random directions thing. I noticed that it doesn’t really shoot in random directions, it has some kind of (tracking component) onto it.

Examples.

• Target is not moving, the orb will hit the enemy without issues.
  • Target is moving, the orb will fly in intercept course attempting to hit the enemy while on the move, meaning it tries to predict its course. This has 3 possible outcomes.
    Number 1 The mob will continue the path and will get damaged by the orb of light.
    Number 2 The mob changes direction, the orb will continue to move in the previous intercept course and miss the target.
    Number 3 The mob stops moving, the orb will continue to move in the previous intercept course and miss the target.

This is why people think its flying in random directions, if the mob stopped moving right when you finished your orb of light casting you will get the impression the mob is static, but your orb of light will fly in the direction it though it would be if it didn’t stop moving.

(edited by Apraxas.3685)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ranc.7192

Ranc.7192

Apraxas…..why are you taking the time to post and test all this stuff about bugs with guardians………its really helpfull dont get me wrong…….but Anet needs to pay you lol

Your doing more work then the devs

Rexir-80 Guardian
Guild- [EMP]
Server-Jade Quarry

(edited by Ranc.7192)

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Apraxas…..why are you taking the time to post and test all this stuff about bugs with guardians………its really helpfull dont get me wrong…….but Anet needs to pay you lol

Your doing more work then the devs

I do so because I play a guardian, I love the class, and id like it to be completely functional, it saddens me to see how guardians get nerfed and tweaked for the sake of balance when half our skills and traits are not working as intended somehow, Id say Anet should focus on getting the class working right, then test the meta and then balance it, because balancing for skills that don’t work and just theory craft is not fair imho.

I would also love to get some kind of dev reply from time to time to know if they are aware of the bugs, or if they are working on them or something, feedback would make maintaining this post immensely more rewarding.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Hey guys, I found this video showing how a guardian blocked several attacks in a row like a warrior using block.

Does anybody have any info on this that can help us find the issue?

in Guardian

Posted by: Xenotor.1350

Xenotor.1350

Merciful Intervention
You teleport to the next ally (npc pet or player) the ammount of Hp from the ally plays no role. So even if an ally is in 1200 range with low heal you will teleport to an ally with full heal if he stands closer to you.

@Apraxas that should be the mace skill 3.

(edited by Xenotor.1350)

in Guardian

Posted by: AbsintheMinded.4609

AbsintheMinded.4609

Renewed Justice – Seems to behave differently in world PvE than it does in dungeons. Specifically, I I feel like it refreshes on any mob(s) I’m attacking regardless of getting the killing blow, however in a dungeon it refreshes much less. I’m not going to say that I think it would or should refresh as much as outside, but I do think that it’s acting differently and should be refreshing more.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

yes but mace 3 only blocks once and then it does an aoe to damage, if it doesnt block anything then it gives prot.

Edit: I contacted Azshene from team paradigm since he has been in the pvp scene for quite some time and he believes it is a bug with mace 3 as well, he has seen it happen first hand but doesn´t know how to reproduce it.

(edited by Apraxas.3685)

in Guardian

Posted by: AbsintheMinded.4609

AbsintheMinded.4609

Mace 3’s block can do multiple blocks, if they all happen pretty much simultaneously. For instance, AC explorable, the boss in the center has a whirly-death-spin. Mace 3 blocked several for me once.

Probably very rare or difficult to reproduce.