Guardian Build

Guardian Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Starduster.9746

Starduster.9746

Hey all I’ve spent some time looking at different weapon combinations on my Guardian and have stuck with the Greatsword from the beginning (3/4 of the way to Sunrise )

Now I’ve decided to stick with the Staff as well and tried to make a build based around Might. I plan to do both PvE and some WvW roaming with it so I’d love if anybody could give me some pointers and tweaks I could make to it.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUMQJARWlYg67mFSOEfIFRuA7DEsSR8uH2DMC/MC-j0yAoLIMGAlBgEBl9KiGblLslugUBjmqEQduoa/BRUNA-w

Thanks in advance
Starduster

Guardian Build

in Guardian

Posted by: JoxerNL.3752

JoxerNL.3752

Just had a quick look, your trying to mix your runes together on armor, after the proposed balance changes this will not work anymore, just a headsup, other then that, it looks alright to me

Guardian Build

in Guardian

Starduster.9746

Oh really? Thanks for telling me I’ll look into the changes and see what I can do about it I guess

Guardian Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

for pve go full zerker but you will probably want some more sustain in wvw, that build works if you are lazy and want to camp GS, but falls far behind a 20,25,0,0,25 build

Guardian Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

^^ I’m shaking my head here … can you elaborate on how ‘camping’ a GS on a Guardian is lazy? That seems to be an outrageous statement, considering GS is a very high damage output and the build presented has sufficient damage and support, considering it’s to be used in both WvW and PVE situations.

Your advice doesn’t fit with the restrictions the OP presented … the build is for both WvW and PVE. I’m being assuming here but if the OP wanted two different builds for each, he wouldn’t be asking for an opinion for a single build for each.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Guardian Build

in Guardian

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

You can’t really optimize for both with one build.

Guardian Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

^^ I’m shaking my head here … can you elaborate on how ‘camping’ a GS on a Guardian is lazy? That seems to be an outrageous statement, considering GS is a very high damage output and the build presented has sufficient damage and support, considering it’s to be used in both WvW and PVE situations.

Your advice doesn’t fit with the restrictions the OP presented … the build is for both WvW and PVE. I’m being assuming here but if the OP wanted two different builds for each, he wouldn’t be asking for an opinion for a single build for each.

GS auto attack is weak and should be used on rotation in order for it to reach it’s full potential with s/focus

Guardian Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Careful … you can optimize anything given restrictions, but I do get your meaning; you can’t have a build that very good for one and also very good for the other.

GS auto attack is weak and should be used on rotation in order for it to reach it’s full potential with s/focus

Let’s tone down the extremes here. 1. Few people simply AA on GS, even if they aren’t swapping to other weapons. 2. Lazy just doesn’t matter … GS brings alot of damage on it’s own without swapping. 3. The OP isn’t using S/focus anyways so … the relevance is questionable. Sure, he can swap to it in PVE but he’s already not swapping gear, what makes any reasonable person think he’s going to optimize DPS swapping S/F + GS? It’s not matching the profile.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Guardian Build

in Guardian

Starduster.9746

Thanks for the feedback so far
I understand that I can’t be the best at both PvE and WvW with one single build ut I’m looking for a way so I can perform decently in both

Guardian Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Adam Of Awesome.7802

Adam Of Awesome.7802

Hey all I’ve spent some time looking at different weapon combinations on my Guardian and have stuck with the Greatsword from the beginning (3/4 of the way to Sunrise )

Now I’ve decided to stick with the Staff as well and tried to make a build based around Might. I plan to do both PvE and some WvW roaming with it so I’d love if anybody could give me some pointers and tweaks I could make to it.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUMQJARWlYg67mFSOEfIFRuA7DEsSR8uH2DMC/MC-j0yAoLIMGAlBgEBl9KiGblLslugUBjmqEQduoa/BRUNA-w

Thanks in advance
Starduster

This is what i would do if I was trying to make a might-centric build that uses GS and staff and would use it in WvWvW. But I just slapped it together so… it would still need testing and tweaking

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQJAWRlYgiD3GSNEfIFSugqCxDODCE+ueQRQUDB-jwzAorkhxCERQIK5Jkm9iWCEsyF2SXQqgRTvgpKB0lJWdiqXh8JFRrWEAzCA-e