Guardian Build Advice needed

in Guardian

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

I have a nice guarding that I am playing of our guild’s creation. But would like to explore with another build.
I kind was always wanted to make a burring(condition) Hammer of Wisdom and Sword of justice for solo PVE build.
Is this viable especially with the September changes? Thoughs any solid solo PVE build Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any builds to work with.

(edited by Angelica Dream.7103)

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

No. Neither condition damage nor spirit weapons are viable in PvE.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

By solo PVE, I’m assuming you don’t mean soloing dungeons and bosses? If that’s the case, stacking damage effects (your direct damage form weapons + symbol + burning + Spirit Weapons) is a very effective strategy for open world PVE farming in Orr especially. I personally don’t use SW’s while farming because I can’t be bothered to call them up every minute.

I don’t think the September changes will affect it all that much because SW’s damage hasn’t changed and you don’t really need their effects from Commanding them to optimize your farming.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Just general PVE runing around mapping (solo).
Anyone have a great build?

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

I run this for farming Orr

GS + Sc/F
Zerker + Traveler’s runes
5/5/0/0/0 as core … distribute the rest as you see fit (i.e. got 6 in Zeal for enhanced burning, put 1 in Virtue for might buffage, etc… )
Skills: Heal signet, power signet, burning signet (or stability), Cleanser

You have your speed with Travelers, you open with Active VoJ or Leap to blind as opener, you stack damage with burning + symbol + direct weapon damage to get to fast closure then cleanse if you need to to close out without baggage.

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I can run anywhere with just Defender’s Flame slotted and a mace/foc and completely annihilate any mob or group of mobs. It works a bit better with some other trait points spent but its insanely good trait for solo pve.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

As the OP asked, I need too a build not for farming but for pve solo (mapping, events, hearts etc) ^^ Any suggestion?

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

PVe solo, farming … the builds are the same because conceptually, their is little difference between the two. You want to kill fast and move quickly.

in Guardian

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

Thank you then! Just made a guardian and wanted to be sure how to build it