Guardian- Charr or Human

Guardian- Charr or Human

in Guardian

Posted by: Qoltera.3042

Qoltera.3042

Hi guys, just want a general opinion, I have a 26 charr guardian, but I feel like his movements are too clumsy, and I’m thinking of remaking as a human. I already have a human warrior so I didn’t want repetition. But, here’s also a question, is the clumsiness just in my head? Or do charrs attack slower?

Guardian- Charr or Human

in Guardian

Posted by: Reborn.9862

Reborn.9862

I tried both for awhile trying to figure out what race I liked, human definitely seemed better, I ended up with neither but it was still better in my opinion.

Guardian- Charr or Human

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

if you run a max sized Norn vs a min size Asura, the Asura will seem quicker and more nimble in most, if not all cases. it’s hard to convince our brain what we see otherwise, and the perception is that bigger larger characters, ie Norn / Charr, will always seem clunkier.

so i want to say the clumsiness is in your head. i main a Norn Guardian.. and first starting out? i was terrible at jumping! cause of the same clunkiness you talk about (the terribad camera angles definitely didn’t help). but i stuck with him. : )) and later on, after creating sylvari, asura, humans, i felt jumping on them was a lot harder and less natural compared to my Norn. and most people will argue it’s easier on the smaller races. so i guess it comes down to what you get used to and accustomed to. : ))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Guardian- Charr or Human

in Guardian

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I like charr for Battle Roar, sometimes can be useful in a group lacking any fury output. I have a charr guardian and a sylvari guardian, both 80’s and I use one built for one set of dungeons and one built for the other. I enjoy them both equally ^-^ Maybe you could consider having both charr and human :o

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Guardian- Charr or Human

in Guardian

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Hi guys, just want a general opinion, I have a 26 charr guardian, but I feel like his movements are too clumsy, and I’m thinking of remaking as a human. I already have a human warrior so I didn’t want repetition. But, here’s also a question, is the clumsiness just in my head? Or do charrs attack slower?

I have an 80 guardian human, charr, and norn. I prefer the charr because a Charrdian is the best guardian =P. Also gives us access to an interesting elite, and fury

My characters (some of them) below, guess which race I prefer =P

Attachments:

(edited by GSSBlunaspike.4153)

Guardian- Charr or Human

in Guardian

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

The clumsiness is always an illusion with big characters, since all have the same speed etc. If you are big, you have to move ‘slower’ so the speed result mach the small races. Of course it is an illusion, everything else woul be catastrophic. It’s the same if you for example compare a Tauren with a Gnome in WoW.

I myself main a Charr Guardian, just be cause I think Charrs are awesome, they are like beasts and don’t look like a 19 year old baby-face. Also the weapons are a lot bigger.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Guardian- Charr or Human

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Charr racial elites are cool

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Guardian- Charr or Human

in Guardian

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I made a norn. Cause my human was already engineer and a big norn seemed to be fitting as guardian.

Guardian- Charr or Human

in Guardian

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

Run and attack speed differences are an illusion. The only actual drawback about the bulky species is camera issues in tight spaces, especially jumping puzzles. Motion sickness bait is what it is. I give mad props to people who do 100% map and jumping puzzle completion with a norn or especially a charr.

Guardian- Charr or Human

in Guardian

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

The human racial heal is good for guardians. Dont need to take signet mastery if you run it.

Guardian- Charr or Human

in Guardian

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

I went human because of the six packs. I like tracing them with my mouse pointer sometimes.

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

Guardian- Charr or Human

in Guardian

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

man if you can tolerate some graphic bugs ill suggest you to go for a charr!
Charrs are the perfect race for guardian:
1) utility: battle roar → allow us to get might and especially fury to us and party… a nice dps incrementation
2) utility: mine → allow us to get a cripple! maybe you don’t understand but … guardians haven’t cripple ability… that’s like water in a desert xd
3) elite: charrzooka → allow us to get range o.O same as cripple… surely you dont want to use charzzoka during a 1vs1 fight… but as a zerg side combat range skill it’s perfect (or to defend over a keep wall)
4) charr … it’s like a cat … everyone like cats that’s all xD i strongly suggest you to look during char creation if armor presents graphic bugs over you… or later you have to buy a total makeover kit… as me :<

Guardian- Charr or Human

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I main a Charr Guardian and have to say the animations are quite horrendous. In particular the GS anims. The #1 chain is quite nice and has a satisfying powerful blow type feel. #2 and #5 are rather stupid looking and also spin in the wrong direction when compared to the battle stance. #5 should at least be just one spin, not a double, and for the love of God, they should make it a different spin animation altogether! Geez that was just lazy dev design! #3 is clumsy looking, but still retains the power hit. Would be nice to have the ranger GS (minus eagle grfx) anim though. In fact, the #5 would be nice to have with the Ranger GS#1 chain ender. And #4 is okay.

The humans from what I’ve seen have some nice animations alternatives, but yeah, the Asura have the nicer looking ones on Guardians.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Guardian- Charr or Human

in Guardian

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Always decide what class you want to play by looking at the armor, imo. Except PvP. In PvP it’s usually better to have an Asura so you can hide your attack animations easier. Anyways, I personally hate Charr because the only halfway-decent sets are T3 and maybe Vigil. Everything else (CoF included; that’s pretty much THE armor set for the 13 y/os of the world) is disproportionate and ugly. My vote goes to Human every single time.

http://www.gw2armor.com/

Go there to preview armor on the different races.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

Guardian- Charr or Human

in Guardian

Posted by: Maestro Limekiller.6052

Maestro Limekiller.6052

Run and attack speed differences are an illusion. The only actual drawback about the bulky species is camera issues in tight spaces, especially jumping puzzles. Motion sickness bait is what it is. I give mad props to people who do 100% map and jumping puzzle completion with a norn or especially a charr.

Just wanted to second this to help you decide. If you want to do map completion with all that entails doing jumping puzzles and reaching many of the vistas, playing Charr is extremely challenging (may induce rage…not the good in-game kind).

Go human if you don’t want to make multiple attempts to finish puzzles or vistas and just play WvW for the fights.

Go Charr if you don’t mind that and/or you plan on taking on a squad leading/Commander role (easier for groups to see Norn and Charr characters).

[ZOMG] Maestro
Ehmry Bay

Guardian- Charr or Human

in Guardian

Chadramar.8156

The other problem with charr and jumping puzzles is the annoying four-legged run that Anet slapped on player characters — and ONLY player characters — for some infernal reason. It not only looks stupid but makes precise movement harder to pull off, too. Sure, if you occasionally autoattack thin air, you stay in combat stance, but that doesn’t fix the “looking stupid” problem. :p

If I could ask for one fix for this species (which is still my second favourite after the sylvari), I’d pick a new two-legged run animation even over getting tail clipping fixed for all armors.

Guardian- Charr or Human

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

The other problem with charr and jumping puzzles is the annoying four-legged run that Anet slapped on player characters — and ONLY player characters — for some infernal reason. It not only looks stupid but makes precise movement harder to pull off, too. Sure, if you occasionally autoattack thin air, you stay in combat stance, but that doesn’t fix the “looking stupid” problem. :p

If I could ask for one fix for this species (which is still my second favourite after the sylvari), I’d pick a new two-legged run animation even over getting tail clipping fixed for all armors.

Hell no! The four legged run anim is one of my favorite things about the Charr.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Guardian- Charr or Human

in Guardian

Chadramar.8156

Really? I think it looks extremely awkward and unrealistic, especially when wearing full armor, and it’s doubly awkward because NPCs don’t do it. I’m really curious why they gave that animation to players but not NPCs — were they aware it’d look weird if all the charr loped around like that?

Guardian- Charr or Human

in Guardian

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Hell no! The four legged run anim is one of my favorite things about the Charr.

I think what would make people happy is the option to disable this. I would do it because it makes jumping incredibly hard at times. Especially when he shifts stance at the most inopportune times. Just having the option to turn it off or on would be amazing.