Guardian Damage?

Guardian Damage?

in Guardian

Posted by: TheAltarBoy.3176

TheAltarBoy.3176

Hey guys,

I just have a ranger main right now and I have decent survivability but I don’t really have good burst damage. I just kill stuff by slowly wearing it down and outlasting it.

I wanted to make an alt and I was thinking about a guardian but I was wondering what their damage is like.

Guardian Damage?

in Guardian

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

If you think YOU were all about survivability and wearing down an opponent without massive burst. You will understand the guardian class perfectly.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Guardian Damage?

in Guardian

Posted by: TheAltarBoy.3176

TheAltarBoy.3176

Well the issue is I’m looking for something that isn’t that type of game play. With the ranger even if I spec power/precision I still don’t really have much burst damage.

I wouldn’t mind keeping some of the survivability but I’m looking to do a lot more burst damage.

Guardian Damage?

in Guardian

Posted by: Zeldim.2503

Zeldim.2503

go warrior if you want burst dmg. Im a guardian however my dmg is one of the weakest of classes however our burn makes up for it but it’s not as high as other classes

Guardian Damage?

in Guardian

Posted by: LordGustoff.3752

LordGustoff.3752

If you are looking for burst damage, try the Theif. A has been said, the Guardian is all about wearing down and outlasting your opponent.

If you did what they did, you would have what they have.
You have what you have because you do what you do.

Guardian Damage?

in Guardian

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Well the issue is I’m looking for something that isn’t that type of game play. With the ranger even if I spec power/precision I still don’t really have much burst damage.

I wouldn’t mind keeping some of the survivability but I’m looking to do a lot more burst damage.

Then don’t pick a guardian. Even when speced glass cannon we can’t do the damage of the true damage classes. Guardian shines in that we provide decent damage with high utility. If you are looking to be able to 2 shot stuff in cursed shore then there are much better classes available. My opinion that in PvE there are actually classes that achieve our damage/utility but are better at the damage than us. I’ve seen necros do things that are just insane.

Guardian Damage?

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

I’ll do what others are not and you can decide for yourself.

I run a GS / Hammer build. I’ll post base dmg → crit with rough, off the top of my head figures, with the combo I usually use on medium & light armor.

JI 1k
Leap 900 – 1700
VoJ 1.8k
WW 2800-5.5k

Swap

MB – 3.5-6k
Auto Attk x2 900-2.2k
Chain 1.5k

That takes about 11-13 seconds.

You decide if thats’ “Bursty” Enough for you.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

Guardian Damage?

in Guardian

Posted by: Trungalung.7850

Trungalung.7850

If you can land a “full” Whirling Wrath, you’ll get burst damage that can rival warrior’s 100 Blades. However, that is hard to pulled since it requires the target to literally stand still. The picture below is from PvE, but I’ve critted 14-15k Whirling Wrath in WvW before (costs me two cool downs to set it up).

Attachments:

Guardian Damage?

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

yeah, but common, you’ve got 10 stacks of might and 25 stacks of either pwr or crit… lol

Holding that for any duration in WvW as a guardian is tough.

Nice SS btw, love it

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

Guardian Damage?

in Guardian

Posted by: Trungalung.7850

Trungalung.7850

I’m hovering around 10-15 stacks of precision in WvW due to the fact that only my on-switch set has the sigil of perception. About might, it’s easy to get them with Inspired Virtue of Justice and Sigil of Battle plus whatever allies randomly throw at you. The hardes thing is to get all WW projectiles hit the target.