Guardian Dungeon Sets

Guardian Dungeon Sets

in Guardian

Posted by: aydos.8259

aydos.8259

I was just curious what sets you guys tend to get for stats.

I just hit 80 and I am running a tanky/heal build where I am using Cleric Armor/Jewelry with Knight weapons. I am also running soldier runes.

I try to just get beat on in the dungeons for my team while splashing heals out.

I love having the high power toughness and healing.

I am not seeing any dungeon sets with these stats unless I am blind.

Am I missing a set or do people just not get the dungeons sets.

Is my only option to buy Exotic cleric armor and then run the dungeons for the sets just for looks if I am wanting this kind of build?

I guess I could get the AC set which is power tough vit and then get cleric exotic weapons, but I will still be missing a lot of healing.

I was just wanting everyone’s 2 cents on running a build like this and dungeon gear.

Thanks all in advance.

Guardian Dungeon Sets

in Guardian

Posted by: Yulan.4069

Yulan.4069

Most guardians I know use Knight’s gear, wich is obtainable in SE and Arah, with Cleric’s trinkets and a variety of weapons.

Ah, the Scepter of Orr. You have taken a risk to deliver this. Now I shall return the favor.

Guardian Dungeon Sets

in Guardian

Posted by: Jacobin.8509

Jacobin.8509

6x Knights Armor
1x zerker or soldiers weapon

2x Knights earings
2x Ascended zerker rings
1x Ascended zerker amulet
1x Ascended zerker backpiece

with 0-0-30-30-10 this results in 15.6 k health close to 3k armor with 41% crit and 75% critical damage.

With the high crit empowering might + altruistic healing + omnoberry pie/ghost for lifesteal gives the build a huge amount of self healing.

There is no ascended cleric gear, and healing power generally scales poorly especially with altruistic healing so people tend to build the least amount of defense necessary to survive high end content then going full offense.

Guardian Dungeon Sets

in Guardian

Posted by: thisisu.7504

thisisu.7504

Arah dungeon set
3pc Knight – Chest Legs Helm
3pc Berserker – Shoulders Gloves Boots
Berserker Accessories.

Thisisu – Mesmer – FotM 51
Thisisudax – Guardian – FotM 49
Fractal Videos: http://www.youtube.com/thisisudax

Guardian Dungeon Sets

in Guardian

Posted by: aydos.8259

aydos.8259

What runes are you guys running ?

Guardian Dungeon Sets

in Guardian

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

In my opinion, you should either go all Cleric’s, or none at all. The only ability that really scales well with healing power is Selfless Daring. In full Cleric’s it heals for 1.5-2k. In no healing gear it heals for 500. In my opinion, boon duration has a much greater effect on healing than healing power.

I personally use a setup near identical to what Jacobin posted. The only exception is that I use berzerker earrings instead of knight’s. The runes I run are 2x Monk, 2x Water, and 2x major Sanctuary. This is solely for boon duration and entirely so that I can have perma-swiftness by cycling “Retreat!” and “Save Yourselves!” without having to use a staff.

Soldier runes and Lyssa Runes are the only other runes I’ve had experience with. I don’t use an AH build, and have Pure of Voice traited, so Soldier runes are redundant for me, but might not be for you. Removing conditions with shouts is awesome. Lyssa runes were a great DPS boost, and the condition cleansing and boons from using Renewed Focus were nice. I changed away from them because I felt the rune set was too selfish, and because of the aforementioned desire to have perma-swiftness.

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast