Guardian - Known Issues 2015

in Guardian

Posted by: Tintaglia.4762

Tintaglia.4762

I don’t see mention of a problem I’m having with Staff #3. It turns my character around 180 degrees from the target and sometimes loses the target. Is it intended to turn the player around?

in Guardian

Posted by: bobert.5160

bobert.5160

Not really bugs but the skill tooltips for Line of Warding, Ring of Warding, Sanctuary, and Protector’s Strike fail to mention their combo fields / finishers.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

2013-09-04_____________________________________________

• Remove Protector’s Strike infinite block bug (2013-09-03 patch)
Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Here’s a bug/issue that I didn’t see above:

Wall of Reflection doesn’t reflect (or even block) bottles thrown by Skritt Lobbers. Unsure if this also applies to gears thrown by Gear Lobbers or other varieties similar to them.

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

Yup there are various unblockable/unreflectable attacks in the game ( most are intentionally so ) – it’s hard to say whether this is the case here.

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

2013-09-18_____________________________________________

• Added Zealot’s Defense shield rendering issue (2013-09-17 patch, thanks Heartnet.5340)

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

CHANGES

2013-10-18_____________________________________________

• Fixed: Perfect Inscriptions now correctly displays passive signet effects
  • Fixed: Pure of Voice now only removes and converts 1 condition as intended
  • Fixed: Toolbox flame effect now syncronises with Supreme Justice traited.
  • Fixed: Master of Consecrations now displays correct duration/cooldown information in tooltips
  • Fixed: Shield of Absorption no longer displays dome ad infinitum when placed in auto-attack mode
  • Fixed: Signet passive effects will now apply upon entering a PvP zone.
  • Added: Virtue of Resolve/Battle Presence when traited with Absolute Resolution does not indicate 25% passive healing bonus
  • Added: Signet of Resolve does not remove 2 conditions when traited with Perfect Inscriptions ( reduces cleanse time to 20% instead )
  • Added: Master of Consecrations display duration twice for Sanctuary
  • Added: Purging Flames only removes 1 condition on activation most of the time.
  • Added: Indomitable Courage does not show reduced passive recharge for Virtue of Courage
  • Added: Wrathful Spirits does not reflect 50% damage increase in the tooltip
  • Added: Permeating Wrath facts are not reflected in Virtue of Justice’s tooltip

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

2013-10-21_____________________________________________

• Added: Channelled skill tab-switching bug – (2013-10-15 patch, thanks Harbinger.8637)

in Guardian

Posted by: xFireize.6318

xFireize.6318

It looks like Purging Flames removes 3 conditions, but I started paying attention to it after the last patch. Maybe they fixed it? Can anyone confirm?

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend
Why bother being a Guardian if you don’t guard anyone?

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

Yup good catch – this looks like it’s been stealth fixed in the last build – will update the list shortly

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

2013-10-24_____________________________________________

• Removed: Purging flames now correctly removes 3 conditions on cast – (thanks xFireize.6318)

in Guardian

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

“Hold the line” doesn`t take bonus from boon duration.

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

“Hold the line” doesn`t take bonus from boon duration.

This is working fine for me in the Mists.

With 0% Boon Duration I have 4 seconds of Protection and 6 seconds of regen.
With 30% Boon Duration I have 5.2 seconds of Protection and 7.75 seconds of regen.

Which game mode did you notice this in?
Also are you sure you’ve not just hit the +100% Boon Duration cap?

in Guardian

Posted by: seekerking.2875

seekerking.2875

• II
    Vengeful
    Tooltip doesn’t reflect retaliation increase.

I’m not sure if this is what you’re talking about, but please refer to this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Guardian-Vengeful-Trait/first#post3106764

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

2013-10-31_____________________________________________

• Removed: Vengeful trait now correctly shows retaliation increase in skill tooltips (thanks seekerking.2875)
  • II
    Vengeful
    Tooltip doesn’t reflect retaliation increase.

I’m not sure if this is what you’re talking about, but please refer to this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Guardian-Vengeful-Trait/first#post3106764

Yup, thanks. That was different issue which seems to have been stealth fixed in a recent build. Previously the +25% retaliation wasn’t being shown at all in Skill/Virtue tooltips when Virtues II was traited.

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

not sure if this is the right place to ask, Tarsius and Co. so it’s confirmed that Signet of Resolve, with Perfect Inscriptions, only still removes on condi every 8s, instead of 2 every 10? Just brain storming builds right now. : )) thanks for all the hard work buddy.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

I first noticed it on the Oct 18th Patch and I’m pretty sure I tested it again after the last build and it was still working that way. I’ll can give it another go in a while just to be sure.

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

Yup still 1 condition every 8 seconds

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

: (((

and thanks, Tarsius hahaha. not bad i guess, but hopefully this’ll get a “fix” as well.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Susanoo.2586

Susanoo.2586

Just something I’ve noticed recently with the Pure of Voice Grandmaster trait, the trait effectively “Removes” or “converts” 1 Condition, yet Conditions with Higher stacks do NOT take Priority, for instance if you have 12 stacks of Bleeding but 2 stacks of Vulnerability applied before the Bleeding the 2 Vulnerability stacks will be removed First, Virtually making this form of Condition cleanse useless unless you keep track of what conditions where placed on you and when. Soo,

Pure of Voice Grandmaster trait, Not taking Higher Conditions stacks as Priority.

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

Like all condition removal skills in the game, PoV removes the most recently applied condition irrespective of intensity. ( or are you saying you have you observed it the other way around? )

This is why skilled players will attempt to cover important stacks with trash conditions to prevent them getting purged easily, and Anet probably view that as an extra dynamic of play.

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

FYI Runes of Perplexity got a silent (and long overdue) nerf in the form of an 8 sec ICD

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Perplexity-runes/page/9#post3264438

in Guardian

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

This Whirling Wrath greatsword targeting bug needs to be fixed =(

in Guardian

Posted by: psy.5437

psy.5437

The guardians sword main auto 3 “sword wave” has some unusual behaviour when attacking certain statics. It does not connect at all with the static does no damage and the guardian will continue spamming the third strike until the skill times out.

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

The guardians sword main auto 3 “sword wave” has some unusual behaviour when attacking certain statics. It does not connect at all with the static does no damage and the guardian will continue spamming the third strike until the skill times out.

Yeah that should probably get a mention – it’s been an issue forever. The third attack is actually a projectile attack which is why it behaves oddly sometimes and can easily get obstructed, or worse, reflected back in your face.

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

2014-01-27_____________________________________________

• Added long-standing issues with the Sword’s third auto-attack – ( thanks psy.5437 )

in Guardian

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

I’m not entirely certain if I just overlooked it and it was alredy mentioned, but there’s a little problem with the trident 2: Purifying Blast.
When you detonate the orb it either triggers a single combo field twice or if there are multiple combo fields present it will trigger 2 of them.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

double placing of the hammer symbol.

If the target dies before the third hit and the third hit lands it places SoP, as it should be.

What happens next is the bug. If you press the chain again you will place a second SoP and also get double damage from dual ticks and double uptime on protection from the symbol.

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

double placing of the hammer symbol.

If the target dies before the third hit and the third hit lands it places SoP, as it should be.

What happens next is the bug. If you press the chain again you will place a second SoP and also get double damage from dual ticks and double uptime on protection from the symbol.

Nice find.. I’ve not seen that happen on the hammer, but it sounds a lot like what happens with the sword auto-attack, which repeats on the third step ( mentioned a few posts up ) – I thought it was just the projectiles bugging out, but perhaps it applies to all weapons

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

2014-02-06_____________________________________________

• Added double Symbol of Protection issue with Hammer auto-attack ( thanks Brutaly.6257 )

in Guardian

Posted by: BuckeyeMagic.8496

BuckeyeMagic.8496

Been toying around with some new builds. Radiance V “Searing Flames” seems to have an internal cooldown that I haven’t been able to pinpoint. It also does not function as you might expect when combined with Virtues VIII and Virtues XI.

Supreme Justice does allow you to apply burning faster. This highlights that either the Searing Flames internal cooldown is possibly longer than 10 seconds, or the combination of the two doesn’t work.

Permeating Wrath does apply the area Burn and does work with Supreme Justice (procs on hit 3 instead of hit 5), but does not consistently remove boons from enemies around the player as expected when combined with Searing Flames. This was tested in a 3-on-1 situation, with no pulsing AoE boons activated.

More testing needed, but that’s what I got so far.

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

Been toying around with some new builds. Radiance V “Searing Flames” seems to have an internal cooldown that I haven’t been able to pinpoint. It also does not function as you might expect when combined with Virtues VIII and Virtues XI.

Supreme Justice does allow you to apply burning faster. This highlights that either the Searing Flames internal cooldown is possibly longer than 10 seconds, or the combination of the two doesn’t work.

Permeating Wrath does apply the area Burn and does work with Supreme Justice (procs on hit 3 instead of hit 5), but does not consistently remove boons from enemies around the player as expected when combined with Searing Flames. This was tested in a 3-on-1 situation, with no pulsing AoE boons activated.

More testing needed, but that’s what I got so far.

Searing Flames does indeed have a 10 second ICD, and what is more it’s activated regardless of whether boons are removed – so basically from the first moment you apply burning – could this explain the behaviour you are seeing?

in Guardian

Posted by: BuckeyeMagic.8496

BuckeyeMagic.8496

The 10 second ICD would account for a bit. When you combine all three traits, however, you basically spam burning around your character every 3 hits. The hope was that the combination would grant AoE boon removal. In practice, only one boon is removed (total), even if burning is applied to multiple foes around the player (instead of one boon removed per burned target).

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

The 10 second ICD would account for a bit. When you combine all three traits, however, you basically spam burning around your character every 3 hits. The hope was that the combination would grant AoE boon removal. In practice, only one boon is removed (total), even if burning is applied to multiple foes around the player (instead of one boon removed per burned target).

Yup, it’s very likely the boon removal ICD is handled globally ( just like similar sigil/rune effects ), so the first time it triggers it’s on cooldown regardless of how many AoE hits you get

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

2014-04-23_____________________________________________

• Removed: Runes of Grove, Earth, Strength, Lyssa now function as advertised
  • Removed: Zealot’s Defense graphical glitch
  • Updated: Symbol of Swiftness ( removed out of date reference )
  • Updated: Zealot’s Flame – burning application

in Guardian

Posted by: Minae Iss.7054

Minae Iss.7054

“Retreat!” cannot be used while in air , all other shouts can.

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

“Retreat!” cannot be used while in air , all other shouts can.

Ah good call. I’ve not actually noticed that before, but I rarely use shouts outside of SYG these days.

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

2014-04-27_____________________________________________

• Added: Retreat cannot be cast in the air ( thanks Minae Iss.7054 )

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

2014-06-04_____________________________________________

• Fixed: Other players can now hear Guardian Shouts

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Purging Flames when traited with Consecrated Ground is glitched and it only removes one condition instead of three.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Purging-Flames-with-Consecrated-Ground

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

Purging Flames when traited with Consecrated Ground is glitched and it only removes one condition instead of three.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Purging-Flames-with-Consecrated-Ground

Thanks, will add it once I’ve had a chance to test the other effects.

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

2014-07-13_____________________________________________

• Added: Purging Flames only cleanses 1 condition when Consecrated Ground is traited ( thanks Fashion Mage.3712 )

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

2014-07-24_____________________________________________

• Added: Zealous Blade not healing with Binding Blade.
  • Fixed: Virtue of Courage correctly represents Indomitable Courage trait in tooltip
  • Fixed: Signet of Resolve correctly represents Perfrect Inscriptions in tooltip
  • Updated: Permeating Wrath with tooltip fixes
  • Updated: Supreme Justice with tooltip fixes

in Guardian

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Ray of judgment bounces 3 times instead of the listed 4, could be a tooltip error or we should be doing more damage.

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Flashing Blade and Justice Intervention does not teleport as intended when you’re not in line of site.
Skyhammer
-Does not teleport when a panel breaks under you and you’re free falling.

These have costed me a down numerous times…

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Searched through the thread and I didn’t see anything, but has anyone else had trouble with Focus 5 not preventing you from losing Aegis? I’ve noticed it several times, and it seems to me that despite having the shield up and blocking attacks, my Aegis buff is removed after the first hit is blocked.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

(edited by Andred.1087)

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Searched through the thread and I didn’t see anything, but has anyone else had trouble with Focus 5 not preventing you from losing Aegis? I’ve noticed it several times, and it seems to me that despite having the shield up and blocking attacks, my Aegis buff is removed after the first hit is blocked.

That should be the case but it isn’t… currently Aegis has priority over other blocks, even if Aegis was on before other blocks are activated. If this wasn’t the case other people would pop Aegis for the 20% increase damage, then focus #5 to keep aegis as long as possible.

Also, our “Teleports” from Flashing Blade and Justice Intervention is actually a “Shadow Step”. Shadow Step’s mechanic allows you to teleport Only if you have line of sight. Wood and other materials are considered “see through” allowing you to Shadow Step through. Explains why you can’t “Teleport” off of the glass panels on Skyhammer, even after the glass breaks.

Highly annoying. A Teleport mechanic suppose to enable you to teleport anywhere you see fit.
The tooltips needs to say shadow step instead of teleport…. or fix the teleport mechanic. This being the only method of guardian mobility, we can’t be limited to not “teleport” because a pebble was in the way.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

If this wasn’t the case other people would pop Aegis for the 20% increase damage, then focus #5 to keep aegis as long as possible.

Yeah, that’s the idea, lol

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

in Guardian

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

Radiant Retaliation is completely broken as of late. Equipping this trait does not change your retaliation damage at all.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

Virtue Recharge rate bonus from traits isn’t calculating correctly.

At 20% reduction the figures are 25, 50 and 75 for the cooldowns.

They should be 24, 48 and 72.