Guardian Meditation pvp "meta" build nerf?

in Guardian

Posted by: Cracklerjack.4895

Cracklerjack.4895

Some back knowledge, I have been gone for a long time (almost a year) and recently jumped back in 3 days ago to play some pvp. Looked at the metabattle.com and went from there. Basically, I don’t really care about a “precious” build. I have not been back long enough to get that far.

I watched all of the Dev’s presentation of the upcoming changes to the Guardian and besides Glacial Heart, I didn’t really see anything the seemed like a nerf to this meditation build. If anything, it seemed like a lot of good changes which made me excited. Am I missing something?

in Guardian

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

What nerf? ALL of the changes(excluding the gimmicky glacial heart) seemed like buffs heck they even trimmed a decent amount of useless traits or fixed broken ones into something interesting.

in Guardian

Cracklerjack.4895

Like, I said, I’m pretty happy with these upcoming changes. A lot more diversity In my opinion.

Heard there was a nerf from a particularly upset Elementalist that I kept soloing in pvp. His exact words were; “noob medi build!” “good luck with your build when it gets nerfed!”

I told him his tears were delicious which added to my glee. For the most part it did make me curious on whether or not this fun build was going to be nerfed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

We’re not getting nerfed but there’s speculation that other classes buffs may be greater than our own. Particularly their synergy such as the Warrior’s trait line. It’s tough to say really.

All the same, that guy doesn’t know what he’s saying, or, he got the wrong impression of something.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Should be a buff with Smiter’s Boon and what not.

Dont’ worry too much, adapt to the new traits when they come and keep killing people and tasting those delicious tears, so salty, so delicious.

in Guardian

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

What nerf? ALL of the changes(excluding the gimmicky glacial heart) seemed like buffs heck they even trimmed a decent amount of useless traits or fixed broken ones into something interesting.

Glacial heat change will end up being a fairly big nerf. Its a big spike potential totally removed. I don’t even play a medi guard I play a altrustic healing bunker and believe me that and might blow together could wreck people if they both crit never mind the fact that even a 2 second chill is very powerful. It’s not the end of the world but it’s a nerf. Most other classes got more powerful as well you can’t just point out the fixes Guardian’s got it seems to me every class but Necro and Ele are coming out ahead after the revamp.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Glacial heat change will end up being a fairly big nerf. Its a big spike potential totally removed. I don’t even play a medi guard I play a altrustic healing bunker and believe me that and might blow together could wreck people if they both crit never mind the fact that even a 2 second chill is very powerful. It’s not the end of the world but it’s a nerf. Most other classes got more powerful as well you can’t just point out the fixes Guardian’s got it seems to me every class but Necro and Ele are coming out ahead after the revamp.

Removal of Glacial Heart’s 400-800 aoe damage is indeed a nerf but it’s not going to “ruin” hamguards. A lot of people didn’t even use the build until Tage.

We have to see how effective the Slow condition is, its icd, and if it can effect 5 people. All the same, we need that 400 critable aoe damage trait.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

What you think will be the new Medi Guardian meta? Radiance/Valor/Virtues or Valor/Honor/Virtues

Radiance give
- Blind on F1, which recharge after a kill
- +15% crit chance with our scepter or Gain fury when we hit a foe with 3 stack of burn
- Immobilizing with our F1 or +20% burn duration and Zealot Flames when we crit
- +25% crit chance against foe with burning
- +33% burning damage

Honor give
- Vigor on crits
- Shield of absorption and boons when reviving ally
- Heal on dodge
- Aegis heal or might on crits
- 15% endurance regen when F2 is passive
- +3000 hp or Symbol are larger, longer and heal

Which line will dominate? Obviously Radiance will make us better at bursting, but honor will give us more sustain, which may be necessary since we gonna have less defensive stats.

Going into honor may also give us enough sustain to take Virtuous Mallet instead of Absolute Precision. Reduce cooldown on Hammer 2, 3 and 4 is nice and Slow is a powerful condition

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Guardian

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

Hmmm, how much baseline stats are they giving us since traitlines won’t give stats anymore? Losing the extra toughness and ferocity from Valor is pretty big IMO.

in Guardian

Posted by: Pitman.9210

Pitman.9210

That’s the big question. Many builds could just die if we can’t get the stats we need. I really hope they give us the option to select jewels again. Maybe use this opportunity to take away the health from zerker so it’s in line pve. Just get the health with a vitality/thoughness/ferocity jewel.

(edited by Pitman.9210)

in Guardian

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

The base stats well get back through gear, problem is wth is gona give us boon duration and condition duration.

in Guardian

Cracklerjack.4895

Technically, during the stream the Devs said they removed it only because chill seemed to not mesh with the whole guardian picture they were trying to paint. That being said they did mention that if enough people got upset about it they would find a way to implement it into the game. Time will tell but if it really bothers you that it’s gone, you really need to make it aware to the Devs.

in Guardian

Cracklerjack.4895

The base stats well get back through gear, problem is wth is gona give us boon duration and condition duration.

I’m not too concerned about this since they did say they were working on this. I might be naive but heck I’m going to hold faith in them.

in Guardian

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

Technically, during the stream the Devs said they removed it only because chill seemed to not mesh with the whole guardian picture they were trying to paint. That being said they did mention that if enough people got upset about it they would find a way to implement it into the game. Time will tell but if it really bothers you that it’s gone, you really need to make it aware to the Devs.

They would need to read the forums first to know if people are upset. We all know they don’t come in here.