Guardian Misnomer?

Guardian Misnomer?

in Guardian

Posted by: Draaconis.2574

Draaconis.2574

So I’ve played my Guardian all the way to level 80 and played it at 80 for a couple of weeks now. I don’t understand what the title “guardian” is supposed to mean in this game. Maybe I’m playing it wrong, but there is no aggro management to speak of nor elemental defense that I have seen. WvW is a joke. I haven’t found anything to make you immune or even resistant to movement impairing effects so I can’t even stay on my feet long enough to fight in WvW. What is the actual point of this class? I have since gone back to my hunter, but I’d love to know what I’m missing in the Guardian since I like to play the protector in MMOs.

Guardian Misnomer?

in Guardian

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

I believe is it more of the archetype that they intended for the profession.
What would you rather call it?

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Guardian Misnomer?

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Guardian is supposed to be shield bearer to guard allies (but shield skills sucks and ppl dont wear shield). But in this case we could call this class Buffer or Booner

Guardian Misnomer?

in Guardian

Posted by: Belarorn.9062

Belarorn.9062

Guardian is all about Group support. There is no “Holy Trinity” in this game, tank, healer and DPS instead everyone more or less is responsible for their own survival with there own healing skill and utilities. What a Guardian does is increase everyone’s ability to survive on their own with Group heals and Boons. You will never tank in GW2 so instead you increase your groups abilities to tank themselves until the aggro switches

Guardian Misnomer?

in Guardian

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Stability (StandYourGround!, Hollowed Ground, traited Virtue of Courage…) prevents the enemy to fear/launch/knockback/pull you. Condition cleanse abilities like Purity trait, Smite Conditions, Contemplation of Purity, Purging Flames, traited Virtue of Resolve and -40% condition duration food can get rid of Immobilise, Cripple, Chill.

Guardian is all about defending the group they are the part of. That role includes beating the brown thing out of everybody who gets too close. It is one of the best support profession in wvw. Condition removal, stability, on-demand Aegis, reflect, heal, might, swiftness. Almost every weapon setup (sword-focus excluded) has hard CC like immobilise, ward or knockback. The more selfish builds can dish out a lot of damage while still having access to some support skills.

Not counting the unfamous shield the guardian weapons are well rounded and all of them has it’s role.

I don’t do dungeons but my guild does. Guardians are always welcome there.

Trust me OP I had the same feeling about my newly levelled guardian. It’s basically my main now in WvW.

#I no words have"

Guardian Misnomer?

in Guardian

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

So I’ve played my Guardian all the way to level 80 and played it at 80 for a couple of weeks now. I don’t understand what the title “guardian” is supposed to mean in this game. Maybe I’m playing it wrong, but there is no aggro management to speak of nor elemental defense that I have seen. WvW is a joke. I haven’t found anything to make you immune or even resistant to movement impairing effects so I can’t even stay on my feet long enough to fight in WvW. What is the actual point of this class? I have since gone back to my hunter, but I’d love to know what I’m missing in the Guardian since I like to play the protector in MMOs.

WoR guards your party from all incoming projectiles and reflects them back to the source to deal damage.

SoR guards your party from all incoming projectiles by destroying all incoming projectiles.

Sanctuary guards your party from all incoming projectiles as well as keeps out enemies away from your party.

Aegis guards your party from an incoming attack. A good guardian is aware of enemy telegraphs and uses Aegises wisely to negate large damage dealing attacks. Retreat, VoC, and SoR all grant Aegis. And additional Aegis may be gained by using Renewed Focus to recharge VoC.

Protection guards your party from 33% of incoming damage. Guardians are able to keep Prot. uptime up as long as they are traited for symbols.

Hallowed Ground and SyG guard your party from being knocked down and chain CC’d.

Purging Flames guards your party from enduring enemy conditions by 33% as well as guarding them by curing three of their current conditions. VoR also cures conditions when traited with Absolute Resolution and guards the party similarly from conditions.

VoJ, Leap of Faith, Flashing Blade, Ray of Judgement all guard your party by blinding enemies.

It does go on but I’m sure you get the point by now.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Guardian Misnomer?

in Guardian

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Im pretty sure there called guardians because regardless of what utilities you use. What traits you have. Or how you play you ALWAYS 100% of the time have hte potential to protect an ally. Thats a guaranteed FACT of the guardian playstyle and often what separates a good from a bad guardian.

Ghost Yak