Guardian PVE Build help

Guardian PVE Build help

in Guardian

Posted by: jknrich.1549

jknrich.1549

Hello guys. I got my guard to level 80 last night and love it. My biggest problem is I do not know what build I am looking for.

I want a tanky/dps style guardian.

I am unsure of gear and traits so any help would be lovely. Also any of your ideas would be great.

Guardian PVE Build help

in Guardian

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

a few questions before I can suggest a relevant build:
-What sort of PVE are we talking about? open world? dungeons? fotm? solo? teamplay?
-What are your favourite weapons?
-How comfortable are you with using dodges and aegis as defense instead of toughness and vitality?

Oceanic [LOD]

Guardian PVE Build help

in Guardian

jknrich.1549

For me it’s open game play and dungeons. Not done fotm yet. So looking for solo.

I have brought knights gear so looking to tie in with that.

Weapons. GS
Hammer
Torch
Mace

Staff does help.

Hope this information helps.

Guardian PVE Build help

in Guardian

Wukunlin.8461

Knight gear is a good starting point with an AH build
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-7;4NFF40L3sF-90;9;6TT9;453A16A5;0U-k6;2CqNYCqNYm-kg0-R7;2V1W6XAYEZL4Sa-o-G-2ix
Hammer is good for sustained dps, protection and AH procs, can use GS for more burst if you really like.

I recommend experimenting with different traits and skills all the time to find whatever suits you most.

At some point you may feed you have too much survivability and could use damage then you can switch to a more dps oriented build.

Staff is always nice for open world mobility.
I never got into mace so I can’t say much about it other than I feel like it doesn’t do enough damage for a place in PVE and the auto chain doesn’t cleave properly (3rd hit isn’t aoe) last time I used it. Torch is in an awkward spot, #4 skill can hit pretty hard, #5 is an okay condition cleanse but it doesn’t cleanse the guardian using it.

Oceanic [LOD]

(edited by Wukunlin.8461)

Guardian PVE Build help

in Guardian

jknrich.1549

So if I was to go more dps what would you say would be good gear.

Thanks so for the advice. Really helpful.

Guardian PVE Build help

in Guardian

Wukunlin.8461

berserker’s is the best dps gear. Sword has the highest dps of all guardian weapons but GS and hammer aren’t bad. When you want to go full dps you can drop the whole AH line altogether and go for all the traits that increases your weapon damage.

Oceanic [LOD]

Guardian PVE Build help

in Guardian

jknrich.1549

Can you do a hybrid guardian build. Good dps while taking a hit. But more dps. Does that make sense.

Guardian PVE Build help

in Guardian

Wukunlin.8461

yes:
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-7;4NFF40L3cF-90;9;49T-T-1;059A;117A;15RV0;2udbTudbTm-FvcFR7;31061B2E3M4Ra-o-G-2iZ

this is built around sword though, hammer and GS are a bit more difficult to trait for full dps. The traits are at weird spots needing to take useless traits >_<

Oceanic [LOD]

Guardian PVE Build help

in Guardian

Posted by: airick.9850

airick.9850

You can try and use this one. It uses both Sword+focus and GS (I know it doesn’t use mace or focus >_> sorry) But it’s what I use. I feel meaty and I’m able to deal a good amount of damage. Especially with the stacking of vulnerability once enemies start dropping and the might you gain at the same time.

http://tinyurl.com/knjmy2h