Guardian Searing Flames

Guardian Searing Flames

in Guardian

Posted by: AGGabriel.9230

AGGabriel.9230

As the topic says the guardian searing flames (When you apply burning to a foe remove a boon ) this specific trait should be obvious lower on cooldown like 5 sec (or less) this shud be efective vs the overbon spawn clases thief ,ele,war engy specifically vs ele they spawn almost all bons in very very fast rate faster than guardian and run from side to side escaping guardians attacks and runs to spawn all skills to heal

Guardian Searing Flames

in Guardian

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

“When you apply vulnerability, remove a boon. 3 sec icd.”

Discuss. ( Just got the idea, and I’ve no real opinion myself- just a thought)

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Guardian Searing Flames

in Guardian

AGGabriel.9230

the problem here the guardian has only 1 and only 1 skill (on land hard to believe) 3 traits and one sigil that can apply vulnerability barley and some with hard to get build

Guardian Searing Flames

in Guardian

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I agree that cool down really keeps it from being very useful. Though I imagine they want to prevent it from being overly powerful with our VoJ capabilities of pretty quick application of burn even if it’s not very long burns. 5s doesn’t seem bad though I’m still unsure if that would make it all that useful for situation I’m thinking of, but maybe powerful enough in some that it’d cause issue? /shrug, one of those many traits that has me scratching my head.

Guardian Searing Flames

in Guardian

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

the problem here the guardian has only 1 and only 1 skill (on land hard to believe) 3 traits and one sigil that can apply vulnerability barley and some with hard to get build

I had in mind a good synergy with vuln on blinds for a ( medit?) gs/ sword focus build, having 3 blinds on weaponset+ VoJ and possibly symbols. It would still be better than now, and not overpowered ( at least I don’t think so).

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Guardian Searing Flames

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Hmm… A lower cooldown could quickly make it too strong, it’s not that hard to apply burns since VOJ does it automatically regardless of build. Currently I’m trying it out on my Mediguard to remove might from eles, it feels fine. With lower CD I think it would be too much considering other players since you’d only need to autoattack them and strip them constantly from boons

9 Guardians later…

Guardian Searing Flames

in Guardian

AGGabriel.9230

Hmm… A lower cooldown could quickly make it too strong, it’s not that hard to apply burns since VOJ does it automatically regardless of build. Currently I’m trying it out on my Mediguard to remove might from eles, it feels fine. With lower CD I think it would be too much considering other players since you’d only need to autoattack them and strip them constantly from boons

I really don’t consider it to strong, the necro already have that ability to rip bons why not us we only have one easy acces condition ( burning ) and that barely deal some damage. Why not juice it up like what they done to rangers ?

(edited by AGGabriel.9230)

Guardian Searing Flames

in Guardian

Vikkela.7261

I’m not sure I understood you correctly, could you rephrase it a bit, please?

9 Guardians later…

Guardian Searing Flames

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

What if it also did damage when removing a boon ? & the CD was changed to be per target instead of on the guardian him/her self.

Something like

“When you burn an enemy you also remove a boon, when said boon is removed you also do X damage” (say around 1k)
This ability cannot trigger more then once every 10 seconds per target & cannot critically hit.

This would give guardians a little bit more burst on targets with boons & make the trait better for fighting groups.

Guardian Searing Flames

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

At that point why not just put it at 300 damage, increase the power scaling, and allow it to crit?

I’d really like it to have a cooldown per enemy, rather than only procing once per 10s.

Fishsticks

Guardian Searing Flames

in Guardian

Vikkela.7261

I really don’t consider it to strong, the necro already have that ability to rip bons why not us we only have one easy acces condition ( burning ) and that barely deal some damage. Why not juice it up like what they done to rangers ?

I am not considering its current form too strong either, it’s quite nice, since you don’t need to use a single trait, rune or sigil to keep proccing burning on an enemy with your attacks because VoJ does it for you. You don’t even have to think of your burning damage when using it, you can go full power meditation guard and still get that might stripped from that Ele

Of course if Anet decided to lower the CD i wouldn’t be complaining, I like getting buffs

9 Guardians later…

Guardian Searing Flames

in Guardian

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

They are historically stingy with skill balancing. Like that healing skill LoW, it has been long called for no castingtime, they responded by reducing casting time by subtracting 0.25 second from the current casting time of 1 second … so 0.75 s … yay!. In another instance, the Ranger grandmaster trait – Strider Defense, 15% chance to 20% chance in a super situational situation setting. So I don’t see a possibility of what you are suggesting to come to pass.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Guardian Searing Flames

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

The issue is the boon strip only effects one person. Justice intervention will only boon strip 1 foe while the rest of his team have 12 stacks of might.
Unless I’m completely off base here.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld