Guardian Shouts...

Guardian Shouts...

in Guardian

Posted by: Miss Sugarific.8471

Miss Sugarific.8471

….can’t be heard by others. I confirmed this with several people. While the warrior shouts can be heard (no clue on the ranger shouts, maybe because they only relate to their pets).

I dunno why, but it peeves me a bit >.> Just felt like pointing that out. But yeah, I know there are bigger issues in the game x)

Guardian Shouts...

in Guardian

Posted by: Sender.7958

Sender.7958

Charr male guardian doesn’t even HAVE a shout for Stand Your Ground ;p

Agree there are definitely bigger fish to fry but it bugs me as well.

Guardian Shouts...

in Guardian

Posted by: Miss Sugarific.8471

Miss Sugarific.8471

Ah… Stand Your Ground does have a voice for my female human guardian. My fav shout is Save Yourselves. It sounds so cool ^.^

Guardian Shouts...

in Guardian

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

It’s important for other players to hear the shouts. It’s an audible queue that they have stability for example. That’s important if you want them to change their game play at that moment (one example: not spend their own stability buff because they see the same knock-down coming).

Otherwise nobody knows they just received stability (unless they are actively scanning their buff icons).

In a twitchy game like GW2, it’s bad to not have the guardian shouts audible.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Guardian Shouts...

in Guardian

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Since I mostly use shouts in my utility skills I agree people should hear me yelling buffs at them. I had no idea they didn’t hear it but come to think of it I never hear another Guardian shout SYG! Retreat! or what ever.

Also is the trait Pure of Voice broken or does it only work some of the time? (As in a 50% chance) I want to convert conditions into boons and heal myself even more with Altruistic Healing when I yell at people.

Guardian Shouts...

in Guardian

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

Also is the trait Pure of Voice broken or does it only work some of the time? (As in a 50% chance) I want to convert conditions into boons and heal myself even more with Altruistic Healing when I yell at people.

Yeah it’s broken. It currently only works with Stand your Ground, so you’re better off slotting another trait.

Guardian Shouts...

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

It’s important for other players to hear the shouts. It’s an audible queue that they have stability for example. That’s important if you want them to change their game play at that moment (one example: not spend their own stability buff because they see the same knock-down coming).

Otherwise nobody knows they just received stability (unless they are actively scanning their buff icons).

In a twitchy game like GW2, it’s bad to not have the guardian shouts audible.

I agree, its quite important for players to hear the shouts. Right now, I have to manually tell people on vent that I’m doing xxx shout. Its quite annoying, along with the missing shout audio for certain races. I’m actually surprised none of this has been fixed…..well not really that surprised seeing anet doesn’t read the guardian forums.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Guardian Shouts...

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I don’t think people want to hear “Retreat” and “Save Yourselves” in the middle of fights.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Guardian Shouts...

in Guardian

Posted by: BHamlyn.2601

BHamlyn.2601

To a certain extent. I have noticed about a 10% chance that a shout wouldn’t remove the condition properly, but it’s been fairly reliable for me up to this point, so I have not traited it elsewhere just yet. Having a low health pool means I need to have a lot of condition removal to stay alive.

Guardian Shouts...

in Guardian

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

Charr male guardian doesn’t even HAVE a shout for Stand Your Ground ;p

When I had my Charr Guardian equipped with Stand Your Ground, he certainly did growl out “Stand…your…ground!” It’s lower pitched, but it was there.

Guardian Shouts...

in Guardian

Posted by: Parsifal.5791

Parsifal.5791

Yeah it’s broken. It currently only works with Stand your Ground, so you’re better off slotting another trait.

Does it not work for Retreat! as well? I thought it did…

Guardian Shouts...

in Guardian

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

I’ve had pretty good luck with Pure of Voice in my builds. I always keep an eye on the party icons, and when I see 3/5 or better with a red box, I shout, and the box goes away. I typically use “Retreat!”, “Stand your Ground!”, and “Hold the Line”. If there is no need for the speed bonus (no graveling mounds to chase after :P) I’ll use “Save Yourselves” instead. I’ve seen all of them remove conditions on myself with Pure of Voice, and most of the time on party members. If a condition wasn’t removed, I assumed it was because they were too far away. I’ve noticed shout range is quite a bit smaller than I would have imagined.

My female Charr guardian has no sound for “Hold the Line!”. Sometimes she’ll say “Armor up!” from getting the protection, but nothing along the lines of “Hold the Line”. I hear her say every other shout, but I’ve never asked if my party members could or not.

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Bullfrog.1324)

Guardian Shouts...

in Guardian

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

I don’t think people want to hear “Retreat” and “Save Yourselves” in the middle of fights.

The same could be said of “For Great Justice”-why do we need to hear that shout and not the others? IMHO, other sound bits are taking priority over the shouts, as I have heard my Guardian shout “Hold the line” less than ten times over 750+ hours. It should be reworked so that everybody hears the shouts, whether it’s “annoying” to some, as it’s a shout after all.

On GW1, there were no sound bits but at least you did see the shout over the character head, and everybody could read it. If they do that, that would be ok as well, but in this age and day, they can just program it so the shout sound bit takes precedence over everything in battle.

Guardian Shouts...

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i think i’ve never noticed mine saying “hold the line”! have never wondered if others hear the same thing i do. although, i occasionally hear other characters say stuff. or i might just be hearing things :/// a lot of “faster than a centaur”, “i’m 6 feet tall”, etc etc.. aren’t those from boons from other classes as well?

at the same time, if in a party, i’ve trained to watch the boons and conditions on my allies. as well as myself. for some people, they may not be an expert at all classes or have taken the time to study other classes skills, so even if they do hear the shouts, they might not even know what they mean. whereas noticing the boons paint a picture that is just that – either you have boons, conditions or nothing.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Guardian Shouts...

in Guardian

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

i think i’ve never noticed mine saying “hold the line”! have never wondered if others hear the same thing i do. although, i occasionally hear other characters say stuff. or i might just be hearing things :/// a lot of “faster than a centaur”, “i’m 6 feet tall”, etc etc.. aren’t those from boons from other classes as well?

at the same time, if in a party, i’ve trained to watch the boons and conditions on my allies. as well as myself. for some people, they may not be an expert at all classes or have taken the time to study other classes skills, so even if they do hear the shouts, they might not even know what they mean. whereas noticing the boons paint a picture that is just that – either you have boons, conditions or nothing.

“Hold the Line” is/was bugged and wouldn’t play its associated audio clip. Since the Lost Shores patch, my male Sylvari Guardian occasionally shouts “They shall not pass!” and “Defend this keep!” when I use the shout.

FYI,

“I can outrun a centaur!” is an (in)famous phrase used by humans when they gain Swiftness. It’s GW2’s meme if there was one.

“I fell six-feet tall!” is shouted by Asuras gaining the Might boon.

Guardian Shouts...

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i’ll test around again. SYS and retreat, the other two i use i hear consistently. that’s pretty cool you Sylvari shouts those. haha i’ll have to pay more attention and see if any changes were made for my Norn.

haha, i figured. usually saw a human zooming by after. and i assumed 6 ft tall is by Asuras. lol.
so i guess they’re not necessarily related to shouts then. and i guess for these, most people hear them.

oops.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Guardian Shouts...

in Guardian

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

I was using “Retreat!” last night, and could definitely hear it on my end. Not sure others heard it, but they sure did appreciate the boon getting back to the group event fight we were failing. hahaha.