Guardian Skill Patch May 17

in Guardian

Posted by: Nero.8047

Nero.8047

Guardian

• Spear of Justice: This skill no longer hides the off-hand weapon when cast.
Paragon of the Seraphim Order [Ankh]
a small, casual Guild with a play as you want style.

in Guardian

Nero.8047

Have we become cynical enough that this even amazes us as Guardians anymore?

Eventhough this is no big Seasonal Patch, a single patch note along this trend comes of as kicking someone who’s down.

in Guardian

Posted by: King Cephalopod.7942

King Cephalopod.7942

We did it! Proleague here we come!

A little savagery now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Don’t cry, Signet of Mercy. Others may forget you, but I will always remember.
Our deficiencies may be overcome by practice and self-discipline.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

/wtfisthisidonteven

Attachments:

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Best balance ever!

It took them like 5 mins to balance this

This made me to try my Guard again, NOT!

At least we got new gem shop update weapons.

(edited by Ragnarox.9601)

in Guardian

Posted by: aelska.4609

aelska.4609

Finally !! Guard is now awesome to play, I just have to zoom on my little asuran to see her tethering the ennemies by this awesome animation <3

in Guardian

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

At least there wasn’t a nerf, like several others got.

in Guardian

King Cephalopod.7942

Are you suggesting guardian was on par with other classes before, or will be now that the patch has dropped?

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I think it was actually a OP buff to the class, the visuals of the offhand will be nerfed so other classes can have better visuals…

Expect other classes to start demmanding nerf.

I think it was to much. and if Anet guy reads this stuff, theres quite some tooltips on guardian that are not being updated when traited.

But please dont do all tooltips at once, other classes migh also think guardian is OP and if they start thinking they need effort or cant smash keyboard for win, or needs thinking, to kill a guardian they will demmand nerf.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

bearshaman.3421

Are you suggesting guardian was on par with other classes before, or will be now that the patch has dropped?

No, I said all I meant to say. If you want to read something else into it, that’s on you.

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

bearshaman.3421, yeah but other still are on better position to receive those than guard is, if they tune down anything on guardian, well it would make sense to remove class from the game, all that class can do is try to farm bad players with traps… anything besides that isnt effective or works in a fight.

in Guardian

Nero.8047

“At least we can see our off-hand while using Spear of Justice.”

will be the first thing I’ll always think with Guardian Patch notes from now on.

in Guardian

Posted by: Rigante.2470

Rigante.2470

Grouch thinks guardians are a-ok in spvp. It’s a ludicrous position but he is the guy in charge not us peons.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I wonder if that was meant to troll us.

in Guardian

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

Guardian is not OK in pvp. One or two builds are

That being said NO CLASS is ok in pvp. Just a handful of meta powercreep

in Guardian

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

While I’m sitting here waiting for a meeting to start, I have to ask why they don’t do Q/A session about what we’d like to see regarding DH/Guardian changes.

At the very least they can see where they can focus their efforts of thought and where the most impactful changes can be made.

Guardian/DH has some pretty clear and definitive holes and when we wait for changes and are met with graphical fixes, it’s very frustrating as a customer.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Someone tell me its April 1st today.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Guardian

King Cephalopod.7942

Someone tell me its April 1st today.

It’s always April 1st around these parts.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Anet pls, Rev is still OP, where is the 20% nerf to True Shot and Mighty Blow?

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in Guardian

Posted by: Etterwyn.5263

Etterwyn.5263

Anet pls, Rev is still OP, where is the 20% nerf to True Shot and Mighty Blow?

They alternate between LB and traps. July update will nerf traps again. Have to wait till October for another True Shot nerf.

in Guardian

bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421, yeah but other still are on better position to receive those than guard is, if they tune down anything on guardian, well it would make sense to remove class from the game, all that class can do is try to farm bad players with traps… anything besides that isnt effective or works in a fight.

If you want my full opinion on it, it’s this:

There was no nerf, therefore I’m happy. Because every time I turn around, one of the professions I play is getting nerfed, and it’s usually because Anet forgets that the game isn’t sololy PvP, so the changes it makes screws with us PvE players as well. I like my guardian, and I’m happy it didn’t get nerfed this time around (unlike my ranger, ele, and mesmer). But all of my classes have been nerfed at some point (into the ground with exception of ele), and it’s almost always because of pvp.

I’ve advocated strongly for a skill split between the two so this can stop happening. Most people only really play one or the other, so people would have one set of skills to learn for their game mode. I know MOST (did not say all, so don’t yell at me about you liking both, I know you exist) pvp people hate having to do pve content, and vice versa, so it wouldn’t be a learning curve issue (unless you like both, in which case you’re really playing two different games anyway).

So yeah… not a troll post. just want nerfs to stop, and game to balance separately around game modes.

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

Even for pvp they tune up for gimmick rotations on the choosen meta, and make everything else borked up class builds, they dont even want to balance the game there, why should they balance in everything else, to much spliting skills would be to much of an effort and would be a nasty result.

Nerfs, yeah, you, me, and a all players would love nerfs to stop, but they wont, Anet design needs meta swifting like this, since game is very empty and needs that, to create a sensation/placebo that things envolve to keep players atracked to a failmode.

Anet wil continue to nerf w/o fixing what unbalances the game imo, it is a infinite wheel of fixes to hide fixes that made stuff worse, then new expansion in hope new fixes got forgotten, repeat, and call as if everything is a sea or roses.

With the current game design and orientation, if this is actually what Anet pretended, will always be a joke off buffing and nerfing.

in Guardian

King Cephalopod.7942

There was no nerf, therefore I’m happy. Because every time I turn around, one of the professions I play is getting nerfed, and it’s usually because Anet forgets that the game isn’t sololy PvP, so the changes it makes screws with us PvE players as well. I like my guardian, and I’m happy it didn’t get nerfed this time around (unlike my ranger, ele, and mesmer). But all of my classes have been nerfed at some point (into the ground with exception of ele), and it’s almost always because of pvp.

I’ve advocated strongly for a skill split between the two so this can stop happening. Most people only really play one or the other, so people would have one set of skills to learn for their game mode. I know MOST (did not say all, so don’t yell at me about you liking both, I know you exist) pvp people hate having to do pve content, and vice versa, so it wouldn’t be a learning curve issue (unless you like both, in which case you’re really playing two different games anyway).

So yeah… not a troll post. just want nerfs to stop, and game to balance separately around game modes.

Elite specs are still OP as kitten, of course they should get nerfs. As for guardian not getting nerfs being a cause for happiness, do you thank your waiter every time you go to a restaurant and your drink hasn’t been kittened in? PvE is kitten-easy, and your method of counting nerfs by quantity is flawed. Chronos were in demand in raids even after the alacrity nerf, and no class nears the healing support of druid/tempest. Hell, DH was the power damage elite spec but tempest still topped the charts for raid damage.

in Guardian

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Guardian

• Spear of Justice: This skill no longer hides the off-hand weapon when cast.

I am feeling sorry for you guys but this is so much a pure comedy that me and guildies couldn’t help but L0L and make joke around it for a few mins.

better luck next time!

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Guardian

bearshaman.3421

Elite specs are still OP as kitten, of course they should get nerfs. As for guardian not getting nerfs being a cause for happiness, do you thank your waiter every time you go to a restaurant and your drink hasn’t been kittened in? PvE is kitten-easy, and your method of counting nerfs by quantity is flawed. Chronos were in demand in raids even after the alacrity nerf, and no class nears the healing support of druid/tempest. Hell, DH was the power damage elite spec but tempest still topped the charts for raid damage.

Elite specs are called elite for a reason. And there will be more of them. Which can’t happen soon enough because at the present moment there is a narrowing of build diversity happening (for pvp and any challenging group content). And yes, there are places where I would be very happy that someone didn’t do something to my drink. One understands this once one understands how the world works outside the confines of your sheltered existence. PVE is more than open world, and I think people who do high level fractals and raids would laugh at your idea of easy. PVE is more than just open world. Chrono alacrity builds are in demand, but nothing else from a mesmer is. While druid tops the charts for healing, most classes don’t need that much of it, and so it still gets kicked from groups regularly in favor of other classes, and base rangers even more so. And as I said already, yes eles are doing fine.

in Guardian

King Cephalopod.7942

Elite specs are called elite for a reason. And there will be more of them. Which can’t happen soon enough because at the present moment there is a narrowing of build diversity happening (for pvp and any challenging group content). And yes, there are places where I would be very happy that someone didn’t do something to my drink. One understands this once one understands how the world works outside the confines of your sheltered existence. PVE is more than open world, and I think people who do high level fractals and raids would laugh at your idea of easy. PVE is more than just open world. Chrono alacrity builds are in demand, but nothing else from a mesmer is. While druid tops the charts for healing, most classes don’t need that much of it, and so it still gets kicked from groups regularly in favor of other classes, and base rangers even more so. And as I said already, yes eles are doing fine.

That’s cute. Nice high horse, by the way, with that “sheltered existence” stuff, assumptions into underhanded remarks make for perfect arguments. You’d be happy paying for a service and not getting kittened over more than usual? In a nice restaurant in a pricey city? This isn’t some backwater developing group made of two people in a garage, this is a large company.

No matter how you look at it elite specs are kittened. If they’re just better, the first group should’ve only been building on the base class. If they’re alternative to the base class, they need to be at the same power level. They’re neither.
High level fractals and raids? I’ve done high fractals. They’re simply tedious. People can do raids in masterwork gear and undermanned.

in Guardian

bearshaman.3421

That’s cute. Nice high horse, by the way, with that “sheltered existence” stuff, assumptions into underhanded remarks make for perfect arguments. You’d be happy paying for a service and not getting kittened over more than usual? In a nice restaurant in a pricey city? This isn’t some backwater developing group made of two people in a garage, this is a large company.

I’m realistic. I know what I’d ideally like the world to be, but it isn’t. So I deal and make the best of it. I find it more useful than complaining, which never gets you anything anyway.

No matter how you look at it elite specs are kittened. If they’re just better, the first group should’ve only been building on the base class. If they’re alternative to the base class, they need to be at the same power level. They’re neither.
High level fractals and raids? I’ve done high fractals. They’re simply tedious. People can do raids in masterwork gear and undermanned.

Really? You’re the only one I’ve ever seen have that opinion of either of those pieces of content. Maybe you should be over in those forums sharing your secrets with the rest of us.

in Guardian

King Cephalopod.7942

This is a piece of consumable entertainment software. Life can deal you a kitten hand and you have to deal, but this is a thing done for fun. When it stops being fun, people do one of two things: complain or quit. Hell, people complain if they’re still having fun but they see something wrong elsewhere. This is an online game with servers, so when enough people quit to drop earnings by whatever margin all the people who still had fun stop having a choice.

Most raid guilds seem to do a fine job clearing both wings weekly, so I fail to see how I need to provide some amazing secret. I did daily fractals for the past few months but stopped about two weeks ago because I got tired of doing them. But you know what’s more important than difficulty? PvE can be changed by the devs. If it gets too hard, they can knock PvE enemies down a peg or two. They can design encounters to capitalize on certain strengths or weaknesses of the classes. It’s designed to be beaten. In PvP and WvW the only things that can be balanced are the classes against each other.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

This is exactly as I suspected; nothing that will make anyone rethink how they play the class; yet another affirmation that Guardians ARE the target balance class Anet wants it to be. If that bothers you, seriously find another class now. How many patches do you need before you come to appreciate this point?

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

This is exactly as I suspected; nothing that will make anyone rethink how they play the class; yet another affirmation that Guardians ARE the target balance class Anet wants it to be. If that bothers you, seriously find another class now. How many patches do you need before you come to appreciate this point?

Until they fix close to useless weapon attacks, utilities that never see the use of them because it does so little on the CD they have, and traits that doesn’t make any sense being in the lines they are or doesn’t synergies with anything else at all.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

If guardian were really “in a good spot” and at the target balance position like you claim they would be nerfing the utter crap out of elementalists, revs engineers & possibly others.

All of them can fill all the same roles a guardian can but do it better with greater flexibility of role with the same gear/PvP amulet

At this point if you actually believe they know what they are doing when it comes to design of the guardian over all let alone in PvP then your completely deluded because it could literally take several hours to list all the design flaws the class has

(edited by Ragnar the Rock.3174)

in Guardian

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

When I saw that patch note, I honestly didn’t know how to react. Are those who are responsible for balancing this game in terms of pvp patched this for giggles?
Are we on the bottom now? Warriors seem to raise above with their adrenal health that keeps them alive, thief is not too shabby as well if played well (and if the team knows how to play with them.)
Hug me, I am scared of our grim future.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

How is this a ‘balance’? It’s like they looked at the final patch notes and realised that guard was missing and had to put something in.

RP enthusiast

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Ok, let’s have some FULL disclosure here…

Elementalist
•Normalized the Conjurer trait’s aura duration by decreasing it from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.
•“Feel the Burn!”: The cooldown of this skill has been increased from 20 seconds to 25 seconds.
•“Flash-Freeze!”: The cooldown of this skill has been increased from 25 seconds to 30 seconds.

Guardian
•Spear of Justice: This skill no longer hides the off-hand weapon when cast.

Mesmer
•Echo of Memory: The recharge of this skill will now begin when Time Echo’s effect ends.
•Persistence of Memory: The cooldown reduction of this trait has been reduced from 2 seconds to 1 second.
•Mental Defense: The recharge of this trait has been increased from 25 seconds to 30 seconds.
•Well of Calamity, Well of Action, Well of Recall, and Well of Precognition: The visual effects of these skills have been restored to their original state for the player. The previous effects are now used as the lower level-of-detail versions.

Ranger
•Seed of Life: The number of conditions removed by this skill has been decreased from 2 to 1.
•Lunar Impact: The cooldown of this skill has been increased from 5 seconds to 7 seconds. Daze duration has been reduced from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds.
•Ancient Seeds: Fixed a bug that allowed multiple triggers of this trait on a single target.
•Juvenile Smokescale—Bite: The damage of this skill has been reduced by 15%.
•Juvenile Smokescale—Takedown: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from being blocked.
•Juvenile Bristleback—Spike Barrage: Fixed a bug that caused this skill to fire more projectiles than intended and reduced the overall projectiles to 10. Fixed a bug that caused 33% of the projectiles to deal 33% less damage than intended. Increased all projectile damage by 10%. Missiles are now fired directly at the target instead of at slight angles in the target’s direction. The missile launch point has been normalized, fixing a bug that caused some projectiles to fail if the creature was on an incline.

Revenant
•Precision Strike: This skill no longer targets enemies using stealth effects.
•Phase Traversal: The cost of this skill has been increased from 20 to 35.

EVERY. SINGLE. CHANGE. was either cosmetic (Guardian, one Mesmer point) or a NERF.

No one’s asking you to be pleased with the state Guardians are in, but at least learn to recognize when you dodged a bullet. The nerf bat was out in force, and it struck Guardian not at all.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

If guardian were really “in a good spot” and at the target balance position like you claim they would be nerfing the utter crap out of elementalists, revs engineers & possibly others.

No not really. That assumes they are comparing classes to each other for balance. That’s not how they balance things. It’s obvious it’s not the way you say or you would be right.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

Until they fix close to useless weapon attacks, utilities that never see the use of them because it does so little on the CD they have, and traits that doesn’t make any sense being in the lines they are or doesn’t synergies with anything else at all.

That has actually zero to do with balance so my question still stands. Those things don’t work but that doesn’t mean Gaurdians don’t perform like Anet wants them to.

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

No not really. That assumes they are comparing classes to each other for balance. That’s not how they balance things. It’s obvious it’s not the way you say or you would be right.

Offcorse not on Anet u kill a static mob has they have already shown.

Joking asside the class balance Anet is doing is really awfull,i bet they jsut throw values to the air with poor iteration process, they just change one gameplay for another and some dont work, or result in broken stuff.

As example instead of really balancing classes they remove trinkets to hide how broken the class design and balance is…
This is the quality of the actual game…

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

I’ve yet to play a game with multiple classes that gets balance right … what you see here isn’t exceptional, it’s standard.

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

but here is to bad…..

in Guardian

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

They can design encounters to capitalize on certain strengths or weaknesses of the classes.

Funny thing you say that tbh. Even PvE encounters are extremely anti-guardian right now. Most of the t4 fractals? Boon stealing fun times. Have fun with the perma protection on bosses and not to mention retal by bringing this awesome class into 80+ fractals!

Raids? One could argue that guardian is ok-ish there but let’s face it it’s rather on the low side of dps, and who the kitten still needs protection nowadays anyway…

in Guardian

cranos.5913

I’ve yet to play a game with multiple classes that gets balance right … what you see here isn’t exceptional, it’s standard.

While that’s true, in most games there’s a “flavour of the month” type of thing and you don’t have to wait for a new xpac before the class stops sucking. But hey, it might not take as long as necro to balance. xD

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

This game has as much FOTM as any other. We had shifting meta’s for years before the first Xpac was released.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

cranos.5913

This game has as much FOTM as any other. We had shifting meta’s for years before the first Xpac was released.

Let’s face it, that only happened in sPvP. WvW was GWEN for life and pve… well was pve I guess.

in Guardian

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

While I’m sitting here waiting for a meeting to start, I have to ask why they don’t do Q/A session about what we’d like to see regarding DH/Guardian changes.

At the very least they can see where they can focus their efforts of thought and where the most impactful changes can be made.

Guardian/DH has some pretty clear and definitive holes and when we wait for changes and are met with graphical fixes, it’s very frustrating as a customer.

User input is how a melee paladin got morphed into a DPS ranger <,<

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

Let’s face it, that only happened in sPvP. WvW was GWEN for life and pve… well was pve I guess.

OK, but that doesn’t change the fact that GW2 isn’t unique somehow for class balance in MMO’s. In fact, if there is ANY place where an MMO has the most class balance complaints, it’s PVP anyways, so your just confirming my point.

in Guardian

cranos.5913

OK, but that doesn’t change the fact that GW2 isn’t unique somehow for class balance in MMO’s. In fact, if there is ANY place where an MMO has the most class balance complaints, it’s PVP anyways, so your just confirming my point.

Meh even in sPvP some classes have been trash tier for over a year without them taking any action. I don’t doubt class balance is terrible in other games too, but that also doesn’t change the fact that balance is absolutely dreadful in this game.

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

I think that’s just a matter of experience. Absolutely dreadful? how do you even measure that? Compared to what? Other MMO’s with class unbalance in PVP? It doesn’t even makes sense to do so. I’m not here to convince you Guardians are great in PVP or anything but let’s have a realistic baseline. No one who has the authority to change any of this is going to respond to sensational statements like that.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

cranos.5913

I think that’s just a matter of experience. Absolutely dreadful? how do you even measure that? Compared to what? Other MMO’s with class unbalance in PVP? Well, I guess you can convince yourself of whatever you want.

I don’t compare to other MMOs because quite frankly I’ve never been invested in another game as much as GW2 (aside from GW1 but they had split-balance between gamemodes so there was much less of an issue from my PoV). All I can say is I hate what they’re doing to the class. They made it into a wannabe ranger with skills that are so honest to god broken that they have to continuously nerf it further and further.

So as a guardian main I’m displeased with what they’re doing and I’ll continue to voice my concerns regardless of pointless arguments like “other companies do it too”. This is what the forums are for.

And yes as a PvE player I do think their balance is abysmal. Broken things like FGS and icebow burst stayed in the game for years and only got nerfed when it started to get used in PvP modes.

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

K, you hate what they do to the class … let’s not cloud our objective judgement with emotions here. A few skills that were OP’ed were acknowledged and fixed. Yup, it took a few years … again, that’s not unique to GW2. I’ve played lots of MMO’s where specific broken skills were allowed to persist for years.

in Guardian

cranos.5913

K, you hate what they do to the class … let’s not cloud our objective judgement with emotions here. A few skills that were OP’ed were acknowledged and fixed. Yup, it took a few years … again, that’s not unique to GW2. I’ve played lots of MMO’s where specific broken skills were allowed to persist for years.

Have I ever said any of these issues are unique to GW2?