Guardian Spirit Weapons were OP, apparently.

in Guardian

Posted by: Melo.9615

Melo.9615

I play SW-Burning-Guardian since I play GW2 (so I never changed my build). I was really shocked when I tried to explore some parts of Orr. The Weapons break soooo fast because of all the poison and other incoming dmg. I especially skilled my build in that way that the SW last longer. What for? They can’t tank much dmg and won’t last longer because they will be destroyed before the time is up.

I grinded a lot this annoying Sylvari-Ini (don’t know the English name). I really enjoy the style and the stats fit very well. But what now? CC is melting your SW.

I tried out PvP, WvW and PvE to compare where the build is really strong. This build was strong in PvE the most time. Tanking and dmging the mobs.

I think SW are good in PvP but not the best build there. Because people will get dmg, even if you don’t get close to them.
In WvW…SW are really week. Why so? You have to summon them, which takes some time. If an enemy surprises you, you won’t have the time for that. Which means you should always have your SW up, everybody knows that something like that won’t work.

Starting GW2 I experienced it as a game where the player can choose his own playing style without having problems with others (getting flamed for bad build). All builds worked in some way. Some were stronger others were weaker.

But now I feel like every guardian have to play with Greatsword or Hammer. NO!? I like to burn enemies and see my SW help me out from bad situations.

I don’t know what they wanted to do with this change. I will stay a SW user even if I suck more now. For PvP, WvW I will change to my thief.

Thanks for reading,

Melo

in Guardian

Posted by: Ozymandias.5704

Ozymandias.5704

fps issues, blue-screen, file archive issues

Update our drivers and check you PC. I have non of those problems on my 2 year old laptop. Don’t ascribe your own hardware problems to the devs.

It steam engines when it comes steam engine time.
- Charles Fort

in Guardian

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

Update our drivers and check you PC. I have non of those problems on my 2 year old laptop. Don’t ascribe your own hardware problems to the devs.

I have no problem too, but its a known issue that the game engine is not really optimized and give crappy performances even on recent hardwares.

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

in Guardian

Posted by: Edenwolf.6328

Edenwolf.6328

Thanks a kitten ton anet, from someone who enjoyed spirit weapon build.

You think nerf nerf nerfing everybody is gonna keep players, you got another thing comming.

Alistat the White-Guardian, Edenwolf-Thief, Grimtech Jones-Necro Borlis Pass

(edited by Edenwolf.6328)

in Guardian

Posted by: grayskull.2367

grayskull.2367

Nice work anet i want be touching my guardian again until this is lifted/fix you have destroy any fun the guardian had with this crap!

spirit weapon build where fun not OP do you understand?

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Lets be honest here. The only spirit weapon that was ever worth using, even fully traited, was the shield.

Now it seems even the shield is completely useless. Have fun in your high level fractals people.

You kidding. Had a guild SPVP nite. Was absolutely pwning people with my SW build. The hammer was awesome.

Gee, and we all sit around wondering why SW’s were nerfed ><

in Guardian

Posted by: RAVVSlathotep.5463

RAVVSlathotep.5463

Lets be honest here. The only spirit weapon that was ever worth using, even fully traited, was the shield.

Now it seems even the shield is completely useless. Have fun in your high level fractals people.

You kidding. Had a guild SPVP nite. Was absolutely pwning people with my SW build. The hammer was awesome.

So if someone is doing good with something then it means it needs a nerf? What if he was fighting blind, one-armed people? In my case I’ve been more sucessful at killing people with burst builds than SW ones. Does that mean whatever stupid builds I pulled out of the proverbial kitten should get nerfed?

“Even though the beginning is followed by the end, the end still draws the future.”

in Guardian

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

Here is a brilliants idea lets nerf a pet thats up 50% of the time or less so it dies in 10. SW were far from useless before this nerf. I’m tired of reading that. They were hilarious and often powerful when the awful pathing didn’t defeat them. I used to roll up insane kill ammounts in free tournaments with them. Sure they weren’t the most optimal but they really were a lot of fun for me pvp. I’ve since changed to a more routine spec but it saddens me I won’t be able to pwn bad glass cannon builds in free tournaments in under 10 seconds with them anymore.

in Guardian

Posted by: Twill.6217

Twill.6217

This was probably meant to be a nerf for how OP the shield spirit weapon is in pve. unfortunately it makes the others useless as a result.

yes, the shield was “op” in fractals, but was it THAT much op? it could have been balanced out by either increasing cooldown or decreasing duration. but now, what good is the shield if it dies before it can pulse to shield itself from harm??
it’s absolutely useless! what is the point of this bull-kitty “fix” if it makes all spirit weapons completely unusable now?

i just…. i have no words to express my anger. whoever at anet thought this is “balance” must have had a lobotomy recently.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

So if someone is doing good with something then it means it needs a nerf?

You missed my point, which was admittedly subtle so I will let you slide. Obvious there is a reason this is getting nerfed. It’s not simply a random occurrence or as completely unreasonable as people intend to make it sound. Personally, I don’t think people are being as honest with their SW assessments in these threads as they should be. Their is no requirement that players know, understand and agree with changes before they can happen. If you are a veteran of MMO’s, you already know this to be a fact.

I’m not against people voicing their anger to things, but it goes beyond reasonable to claim that we know better than the devs on what and how things should be changed, including the insults directed to them that usually go with those claims. That’s simply going to get you no where except moderated.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

So if someone is doing good with something then it means it needs a nerf?

You missed my point, which was admittedly subtle so I will let you slide. Obvious there is a reason this is getting nerfed. It’s not simply a random occurrence or as completely unreasonable as people intend to make it sound.

But
1)we dont still know the reason
2)if they are working about something else, well they can just do the nerfs, when all the modification is ready.

its like sell a car to someone without the wheels. yeah maybe the seller will procure the wheels as intended, but if he say absolutely nothing about, i have right to ask clarification or be concerned.

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I have no issue with them being nerfed as they could be pretty OP. The hammer would basically follow your target around from any distance CCing them and making their life miserable. Basically other characters only had 1 defense to them, dodging.

Go ahead and nerf them somewhat. But don’t make them totally useless.

Giving them so little health is totally ridiculous. 2 or 3 hits for a utility that needs at least 3 tactics to be usable is simply unfair and unusable.

Solution give them 1/2 your character’s health, 2000 armor, 90% immune to AOE, does not attract Aggro in PVE. Make the person you are fighting really make a decision, fight the guardian or fight the hammer. Have the weapon return to the guardian if it gets more than 2000 away.

You could do this with Ranger Spirits as well. I think people would see such changes as quite reasonable.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Yeah i’m calling bs on Relentliss claim. They die in 3 hits with AoE, you’re telling me that your weapons stayed alive among all the aoe of group and single fights? I don’t think so.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

I can see the next patch notes already:

Ranger Guardian

• Spirit Weapon health increased by 25%.

>_<

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Guardian

Posted by: Archer.1658

Archer.1658

They were pretty OP. They increased my damage 10 fold. Im glad they nerfed them, now I might lose.

Çookies – Mesmer – [GF]/Ebay
Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

in Guardian

Relentliss.2170

Yeah i’m calling bs on Relentliss claim. They die in 3 hits with AoE, you’re telling me that your weapons stayed alive among all the aoe of group and single fights? I don’t think so.

A dps character can kill them in 3 sec if they target them.
Standing in 2 or 3 AOEs in WvW they last less than 5 sec.
Various AOE from Champion and Boss mobs kill them in a few seconds.

The 90% immunity to AOE is simply the way other games have handled the pet dying to random AOE and a very easy solution.

in Guardian

Posted by: Legacy.7360

Legacy.7360

Easy solution for this madness. As stated before with all the help many of the classes need such as -Zeal- needing a overall(Severely now with this SW nerf), with the amount of massive community feed back on it as well. They go on and do this. I know I speak for a good majority of the community of players here… I am very concerned for the direction they are going with this game…very.

Now if this change is to stay… SW should have the same amount of Health + Armor as the caster WITH 90% passive AoE chance to miss and honestly this should play in effect for the Majority of Pets of other classes as well. It’s been proven to work on other AAA Title MMO’s… To me – It Just Makes Sense

Guardian <3
Dragon
Platinnum – Zerker Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

It’s easy to understand, Izzy got killed by a SW Guardian
See : Smiters boon.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Smiter%27s_Boon_

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Guardian

Posted by: lenexkabol.9438

lenexkabol.9438

Easy solution for this madness. As stated before with all the help many of the classes need such as -Zeal- needing a overall(Severely now with this SW nerf), with the amount of massive community feed back on it as well. They go on and do this. I know I speak for a good majority of the community of players here… I am very concerned for the direction they are going with this game…very.

Now if this change is to stay… SW should have the same amount of Health + Armor as the caster WITH 90% passive AoE chance to miss and honestly this should play in effect for the Majority of Pets of other classes as well. It’s been proven to work on other AAA Title MMO’s… To me – It Just Makes Sense

I don’t see that ever happening. You want a pet that can have 20k + hps and 3k + armor. with 90% chance to dodge aoe damage. On top of that you could have it perma -30% damage from boons heal it and buff it to hell. Gaurdian’s can be hard enough to take down. Having two pets that are just as buff as the Gaurdian attack while they just kite/heal/evade is a bit much.

Imagine a guard with the right traits triggering all his virtues. He hits you once pets agro and your sitting in no less then 15 seconds of burn damage plus the 1 second per hit of each weapon. On top of that the guard and his pets have block and regen up. He uses his elite to become immune to damage and reset his virtues and then does it again. And there is not point in going after the pets because they are freaken harder to kill the then guard lol.

It just looks like they made the change but did not check if the hps and armor scaled with level because damage already should. Some one else posted that at low levels they are pretty tanky. If that is the case it should be a easy fix. But I don’t think spirit weapons should be stronger then every other pet or summon out there.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Or even adjusted the AI, terrible before this.

in Guardian

Legacy.7360

Before the Nerf, SW were immune to dmg and were still mediacore now your trying to analyse the fact that my propse changes are asking abit much? It’s quiet laughable to hear.

Point is, SW shouldn’t be 3 shotted as they are now, if you wish to remove there pets single target them would be a strategic choice if they are a threat. Let’s not forget… these SW are not permanent, it was RARELY used in sPvP and tPvP and this is while they were IMMUNE.

Your point is invalid… I’m sorry.

Guardian <3
Dragon

in Guardian

lenexkabol.9438

Before the Nerf, SW were immune to dmg and were still mediacore now your trying to analyse the fact that my propse changes are asking abit much? It’s quiet laughable to hear.

Point is, SW shouldn’t be 3 shotted as they are now, if you wish to remove there pets single target them would be a strategic choice if they are a threat. Let’s not forget… these SW are not permanent, it was RARELY used in sPvP and tPvP and this is while they were IMMUNE.

Your point is invalid… I’m sorry.

it’s more then a bit much what you want is a joke. you want a pet that can evade 90% of ALL damage. Just about every weapon does AOE around where it lands. If I auto attack with most weapons you hit more then one target if they are clustered together.

On top of that you what the pet to have up to 20k + hps and 3k+ armor . While they can be affected by heals/boon/virtues/traits.

in Guardian

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

I don’t see that ever happening. You want a pet that can have 20k + hps and 3k + armor. with 90% chance to dodge aoe damage. On top of that you could have it perma -30% damage from boons heal it and buff it to hell. Gaurdian’s can be hard enough to take down. Having two pets that are just as buff as the Gaurdian attack while they just kite/heal/evade is a bit much.

Imagine a guard with the right traits triggering all his virtues. He hits you once pets agro and your sitting in no less then 15 seconds of burn damage plus the 1 second per hit of each weapon. On top of that the guard and his pets have block and regen up. He uses his elite to become immune to damage and reset his virtues and then does it again. And there is not point in going after the pets because they are freaken harder to kill the then guard lol.

It just looks like they made the change but did not check if the hps and armor scaled with level because damage already should. Some one else posted that at low levels they are pretty tanky. If that is the case it should be a easy fix. But I don’t think spirit weapons should be stronger then every other pet or summon out there.

I don’t think you understand.

Spirit Weapons have niche usefulness, and a build for them takes dedication via traits and sacrificing very good utilities. In traiting for them, you sacrifice a lot of vital traits as well.

Before the patch, they were barely viable (and even then, very situational). What the poster suggested is actually worse than before the patch, but better than now.

You claiming that his suggestion makes them OP is essentially claiming that Spirit Weapons were OP before the patch.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

in Guardian

Posted by: green plum.7514

green plum.7514

I think this is spot-on. Unfortunately, ANet are known for slipping here and there in their patches. They need more quality control.

I believe that any sort of pet should be killable in PvP – but it should be a decision of the player to focus the pet. I also believe that a pet should die within 7-10 sec max when focused – this gives the pet owner a window of opportunity to attack the enemy while they are busy with the pet. So its fair.

Now, AOE is a problem – especially in PvE. Either the pets should get some passive AOE defence, or they should be smarter in avoiding it. E.g. if the player dodges, the pet should dodge as well; in addition, the pet should run out of red circles.

in Guardian

Aveneo.2068

If it’s supposedly such a problem in PvP, then split the skills. That way they are killable in PvP and unkillable (like before the patch) in PvE.

Why does PvE always have to suffer where PvP gets involved?

Or was it because of Fractals because we had an extra absorption bubble that may or may not block projectiles when you need it to? Highly unlikely…

My Spirit Guardian was the reason I got GW2 in the first place. I was nowhere near OP and had to work really hard to get my ‘build’ to work properly (in PvE). And now Jon ‘Warrior’ Peters comes along and apparently flips the ArenaNerf button on Spirit Weapons for no apparent reason.

What I simply want to know is WHY. And that is probably what everyone else wants to know as well. What was so kittened unbalanced that caused them to do a complete 180 on how Spirit Weapons have worked since launch and made them from barely viable (if traited heavily and sacrificing a lot in terms of utility) to completely and utterly useless (along with all their related traits).

That’s what I’d like to know.

in Guardian

Legacy.7360

If it’s supposedly such a problem in PvP, then split the skills. That way they are killable in PvP and unkillable (like before the patch) in PvE.

Why does PvE always have to suffer where PvP gets involved?

Or was it because of Fractals because we had an extra absorption bubble that may or may not block projectiles when you need it to? Highly unlikely…

My Spirit Guardian was the reason I got GW2 in the first place. I was nowhere near OP and had to work really hard to get my ‘build’ to work properly (in PvE). And now Jon ‘Warrior’ Peters comes along and apparently flips the ArenaNerf button on Spirit Weapons for no apparent reason.

What I simply want to know is WHY. And that is probably what everyone else wants to know as well. What was so kittened unbalanced that caused them to do a complete 180 on how Spirit Weapons have worked since launch and made them from barely viable (if traited heavily and sacrificing a lot in terms of utility) to completely and utterly useless (along with all their related traits).

That’s what I’d like to know.

You are Mistaken. SW were nerfed solely because of PvE. This time it was the opposite. Can thank Fractals for that.

Out of the Thousands of complaints to have traits fixed, and .5% complained about SW were too dramatically “OP” in PvP they foresaw this nerf to take precedence. Where is the logic to this madness I wonder?

Guardian <3
Dragon

in Guardian

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

Oh you’re right, it’s probably my fault. Seeing as my computer was exactly the same before the patch, and everything ran fine.

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

in Guardian

lenexkabol.9438

(You claiming that his suggestion makes them OP is essentially claiming that Spirit Weapons were OP before the patch.)

It does make them overpowered. But that does not mean I think the skills were overpowered prepatch. Prepatch you could not use boons/virtues/traits or any thing else that effected allys on them. He does not say he wants them back to prepatch. So he wants the above plus.

20k+ hps
3k+ def
90% dodge

How is that balanced or even fair to other classes with summons/pets ?

in Guardian

Posted by: grayskull.2367

grayskull.2367

I will be shelving my guardian never to be touched again now as change this trait-line and making the SW utility useless has change the guardian into a kitten tier warrior so nice work on destroy any unique appeal the guardian had Anet nice one! “clap clap clap clap”

in Guardian

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

now you are one step closer to becoming engineers lol. also you guys are overreacting 80% guardians dont even consider using spirit weapons except for sPVP wich is where they where overpowered. maybe Anet only wants to have mesmers thiefs and eles as their only game classes?

in Guardian

Posted by: Tim.9850

Tim.9850

It’s like I said in a thread before, these nerfs will never stop because there are always the people who will defend Arenanet no matter what they do.

Anyone claiming these spirit weapons were overpowered has never played a guardian using them. They have such a very short duration, and on top of that, rarely swung to attack in that short time, that no one can honestly defend this nerf that totally destroyed them.

in Guardian

lenexkabol.9438

It’s like I said in a thread before, these nerfs will never stop because there are always the people who will defend Arenanet no matter what they do.

Anyone claiming these spirit weapons were overpowered has never played a guardian using them. They have such a very short duration, and on top of that, rarely swung to attack in that short time, that no one can honestly defend this nerf that totally destroyed them.

who is defending them ? Link the posts with players saying they are ok the way they are now ? I think every one agree’s that the hps for them are to low now. Btw has any one tested how much hps a low level summoned one has compared to a lvl 80 ?

in Guardian

Posted by: Natas.1306

Natas.1306

Make the spirit weapons skills go on cooldown as soon as you summon them, problem fixed!

in Guardian

Posted by: Saint.4952

Saint.4952

They definitely need to think these updates through before releasing them like this. I always thought spirit weapons were nice, unique utility skills for the Guardian that would eventually be made useful to enough to have a build that could revolve around their usage. Unfortunately, what they’ve done is made them completely useless as well as any traits associated with spirit weapons, which kills off a lot of build diversity and experimentation. I hope they realize that nerfing things into oblivion is not a proper way to balance the game.

in Guardian

Posted by: Twill.6217

Twill.6217

They definitely need to think these updates through before releasing them like this. I always thought spirit weapons were nice, unique utility skills for the Guardian that would eventually be made useful to enough to have a build that could revolve around their usage. Unfortunately, what they’ve done is made them completely useless as well as any traits associated with spirit weapons, which kills off a lot of build diversity and experimentation. I hope they realize that nerfing things into oblivion is not a proper way to balance the game.

very well put.
making skills useless is not balance. that just takes away diversity from the game making already limited choices even more limited.

in Guardian

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Now just imagine if your entire profession mechanic was based on those unreliable Spirit Weapons staying alive reliably :P

I’ve been saying for some time that all minion type pets (uncontrollable pets) need to be made more reliable. They simply don’t scale with content at all. The second you step into group situations the sheer damage and mass of AoEs makes utilizing them unreliable at best and impossible at other times.

I’ll admit that the Hammer was extremely annoying when a guardian was on a point in sPvP, but I’m still sorry you guys got pulled into this along with Necros, Mesmers, and Engineers. Though to be fair rangers aren’t much better off.

in Guardian

Posted by: Rainu.6871

Rainu.6871

I’d also guess this change is due to pvp rather than pve, if for no other reason than Anet seems to ignore pve in favour of pvp whenever some balance change is implemented. That SWs were invulnerable were definitely wrong but just as Anet did with engineer grenades, mesmer might-on-shatter trait or any number of other examples it seems like they took the nerf too far. I never used SWs in pve after hitting lvl 60 but they are quite fun (although hammer was way OP in pvp and shield might have been OP in fractals, I don’t do them so can’t comment there)

in Guardian

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

I don’t know what is Anet doing with the spirit weapon nerf. They die in a few hits as many has said in a heated battle, lasting 3-4 seconds max. Their HP is too low.

Congratulations, they’re now on par with every other summon in the game, all of which have that problem. In fact, that “in line with similar skills” is probably the point of the change.

in Guardian

Posted by: MasterOfMistakes.2089

MasterOfMistakes.2089

I mainly used a SW build in sPVP and used it as a staller, i could hold of 4 people for 10 seconds flat which was great for points, a friend of mine tried the build in PVE with great success say it was nice to have the cover, with todays patch he said it killed him(game wise), the main thing he related is there average lifespan is 3-8 seconds since there so squishy, he said he plans to abandon it for his old build which was just putting points in random places, I would like to know why did this happen Anet, this was a very minor almost nich build that i heard people use mainly for fun, now those sources say they never want to touch it again, please explain your mind set here!

in Guardian

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Congratulations, they’re now on par with every other summon in the game, all of which have that problem. In fact, that “in line with similar skills” is probably the point of the change.

Other summons don’t attack only once every 3-4 seconds, don’t die on use of their special ability (untraited), don’t disappear after only 20-30 seconds, ect.

Spirit Weapons have many limitations on them. They fact that they were at least invulnerable and thus relatively reliable was what made up for those limitations. To some extent. Now they’ve got nothing to make up for any of that.

in Guardian

Aveneo.2068

I’m assuming you are then referring to Necromancer minions, as I do not recall other class ‘pets’ that occupy a Utility Slot and I do not believe an Elementalist’s summoned weaponry counts.

However, if you wish to include Ranger Spirits, may I remind everyone that their max duration is 60s out of 60s (as their cooldown starts the moment after they are summoned)? Compared to our Spirit Weapons who are out for 20-45s (depending on SW and traits) and then go on a full cooldown after they vanish/die. To me Ranger Spirits function more along the lines of gimped Warrior Banners instead of actual minions (also because they do not fight for you). So for the sake of ‘similar skills’ I will not include those either.

So moving forward, I do recall that a Necromancer’s minions are permanent (until killed) after their initial summoning, not temporary with a hefty cooldown afterwards like our Spirit Weapons. So to make it ‘in line with similar skills’ they too should be summoned once and then stay up indefinitely until killed; agreed?

I also notice a ton of traits that provide additional benefits regarding a Necromancer’s minions. Let’s go over them then and see if our Spirit Weapons can be compared to their traits:

* Training of the Master – Minion damage is increased by 30%.
Unless their base damage is lower than a base SW, we only have a +10% damage trait.
* Flesh of the Master – Minions have 50% more health.
We don’t have a similar trait because our SW’s were temporary and immortal while active. Guess we’d need a change in Improved Spirit Weapon for an increase in health instead of duration.
* Death Nova – Whenever a minion dies, it explodes in a cloud of poison that lasts for 3 seconds.
We don’t have any On-Death effects, but I wouldn’t mind them blowing up and damaging enemies when killed.
* Minion Master – Minion skills recharge 20% faster.
Now this is the same as Spirit Weapon Mastery.
* Necromatic Corruption – Minions have a 10% chance to remove a boon when they attack.
Nothing similar comes to mind…
* Protection of the Horde – Gain +20 toughness for each minion under your control.
No passive benefits, but I guess this one could be considered similar to A Fire Inside.
* Reanimator – Summon a jagged horror whenever you kill a foe. 30 second cooldown.
Nothing similar comes to mind… Although I wouldn’t mind little Spirit Daggers popping up whenever I kill a foe.
* Vampiric Master – Minions siphon health and transfer it to you.
Oh, I’d LOVE for Spirit Weapons to transfer an enemy’s health to me. But seeing the number of passive healing we already have, I’ll let this one slide…
* Fetid Consumption – Minions draw conditions. Each minion can draw one condition every 10 seconds.
Guess we can also let this one slide, seeing the numerous condition removals we have.

The only difference I see is that Necromancers have no traits to prevent the sacrifice when activating abilities on certain minions, contrary to our Spirit Weapons which can be traited with Eternal Spirits so they are not destroyed when commanded.

So in conclusion, we would need to see a couple of additional changes in order to make them ‘in line with similar skills’ . Most notably the following:

• Spirit Weapons should be permanent once summoned until they are destroyed.
  • Increase their Rate-Of-Attack to match that of Necromancer Minions.
  • Increase Wrathful Spirits damage from 10% to 30% (unless base damage output was already higher on Spirit Weapons compared to Necromancer Minions and the 10% on SW reflects the 30% on minions)
  • Change Improved Spirit Weapon Duration +50% to Improved Spirit Weapon Health +50% (base health levels still need to be compared).
  • OR Ignore the above changes and simply make Spirit Weapons immortal again!

Only after those modifications are made (or the change reverted so Spirit Weapons are immortal again) can we consider Spirit Weapons ‘in line with similar skills’ in my humble opinion.

Jon Peters simply making Spirit Weapons susceptible to attack and thinking it was a productive balancing day and ‘in line with similar skills’ is not going to cut it!

If he wants to turn us into a Guardian Spirit Master similar to a Necromancer Minion Master, that’s acceptable (seeing we have little choice). However, I hope he can agree that more changes are required in order to make Spirit Weapons viable again, as currently they have been made beyond worthless.

I thank you for your time.

(edited by Aveneo.2068)

in Guardian

Posted by: AmFah.5974

AmFah.5974

Ranger Guardian

>_<

xD

kitten u anet! (’Y’Y’)^_^(’Y’Y’)

in Guardian

Relentliss.2170

Ranger Guardian

>_<

125% of Zero is still Zero.

in Guardian

Posted by: Zeoli.3402

Zeoli.3402

I tested the spirit weapons yesterday even though they died relatively fast… they were affected by any buffs and any virtues that i shared. I would believe that a-net wants this to be more skill based and not fire and forget. However, trying to keep them alive is kinda hard with the health that they have.

The upside to this is that they make the AH build with a SW variation more formidable with you being able to protect and grant your weapons with buffs and therefore healing you.

Downside is that they die too quickly to be useful.

I would therefore propose the following:

• increase the health by 25%
  • make the CD start when the weapon is summoned and not on death.
  • (this is actually for all pets) reduce the AoE damage taken by 75%

I propose these simply so that the time invested in keeping them alive past their CD is rewarded.

This also gives other players in PvP initative to kill the most threatening one to them first. i.e kill hammer or the shield first and not just AoE the Guardian and you will kill the spirit weapons…

I would love to run with these now as they don’t feel like free damage, however, they feel like i’m wasting my time after a 1.5/2 sec summon they get killed and then a 30-80sec recharge for something that attacks/defends every 4-5 secs.

The activated skills of these are in my opinion amazing. (Bow could be reworked to target your target on activation).

in Guardian

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

The only spirit weapon I ever used was the Shield in PvE because it made encounters SO much easier.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

in Guardian

Posted by: green plum.7514

green plum.7514

@Zeoli: excellent post!

in Guardian

Posted by: Zeoli.3402

Zeoli.3402

@Zeoli: excellent post!

Thank you.

in Guardian

Posted by: wolfie.7296

wolfie.7296

This is unbelievable. I used spirit weapons in pvp. Now they are useless. What is wrong with the developers? They said in a prior patch that they would not give in to whining for nerfs and that is what they have now done. I will no longer be using spirit weapons.

in Guardian

Posted by: wolfie.7296

wolfie.7296

All those initial design decisions they made at release are being throw out the window.

in Guardian

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Grandmaster trait Wrathful Spirits just got a whole lot better!