Guardian Stat Setup Help

Guardian Stat Setup Help

in Guardian

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

So I am getting ready to buy 7 pieces of ascended gear, but I want to make sure the stats I am going for work first since swapping around ascended stuff is a little bit more complicated than swapping around exotic stuff.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/guardian/?3.0|1.5c.hy.d1a.0.0|2.5c.hy.d1a.0.0|1c.7x.1c.7x.1g.7x.1c.7x.1g.7x.1c.7x|211.d1a.2u.d19.3u.d1a.2u.d1a.3u.d1a.2u.d19|0.5.u46b.u28b.5|15.7|0.0.0.0.0|e

This build is designed for a guardian that will primarily be running frontline in WvW with and against groups no smaller than 25-40. Do you guys have any suggestions on the stat work up? The primary focus here is the stat setup not the traits and stuff.

Guardian Stat Setup Help

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/guardian/?3.0|1.5c.hy.d1a.0.0|2.5c.hy.d1a.0.0|1c.7x.1g.7x.1c.7x.1g.7x.1c.7x.1g.7x|2s.0.2u.d19.3u.d1a.2s.d1a.3s.d1a.2u.d19|0.5.u46b.u28b.5|15.7|0.0.0.0.0|e

Something more like that is what you want. Chest and Legs get the short end of the stick on critical damage, you want Shoulder/Gloves/Boots for that when mixing in crit damage on armor. You also want crit damage on Accessories, and the Celestial amulet is kind of pointless, so I switched that as well. You still retain 3k armor and 20k health but your damage is vastly improved.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Guardian Stat Setup Help

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Every top guardian I know runs pvt armor for wvw.

Given your build pvt armor/beserker jewellery. Or pvt armor/emerald jewellery. Maybe a second pvt or beryl neck for saturdays.

With food and oils you can get 50% crit and crit damage, 18k + health and about 3k armor and power.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Guardian Stat Setup Help

in Guardian

foofad.5162

It’s not optimal to split your gear between armor and jewels. You get different ratios of stat point costs per point of critical damage depending on the slot, and some convert more efficiently than others. You can calculate this cost by adding the total non-crit damage stats in Berserker or any other crit damage containing stat allocation and dividing it by the critical damage. Lower is more efficient. You can compare each slot this way, and decide which slots give the best conversion of stats to crit damage. You’ll find that Rings are pretty bad, and so are the Head, Chest, and Leg slots. I forget where Amulets and back items stack up.

Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Guardian Stat Setup Help

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUIQJARCoIyFYLA7BGhfHvekQKyQA-jkCBofBK5ZIrZPRsyqIasaaQKbYqXK1qYAmzJyieY1yAwsAA-w

Assassin Gear isn’t in the buildcraft yet.

Also Note, the 150 Toughness isn’t added into the stats… so it’s really 3230 Armor

I cannot figure out how to get 22k Health w/ this… as for whatever reason, I LOVE having 22k health.. dunno why, i just do…. Maybe cuz w/ stacks it gives me 24.5k health… a nice number.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

(edited by Amins.3710)

Guardian Stat Setup Help

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUIQJARCoIyFYLA7BGhfHvekQKyQA-jkCBofBK5ZIrZPRsyqIasaaQKbYqXK1qYAmzJyieY1yAwsAA-w

Also Note, the 150 Toughness isn’t added into the stats… so it’s really 3230 Armor

I cannot figure out how to get 22k Health w/ this… as for whatever reason, I LOVE having 22k health.. dunno why, i just do…. Maybe cuz w/ stacks it gives me 24.5k health… a nice number.

I’d venture a guess that it’s also because of the underlining meta condition problem.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Guardian Stat Setup Help

in Guardian

timidobserver.7925

To get 22k health you’d probably have to put in a sentinels exotic or 2 somewhere?

What build are you running with 22k health and what stacks are you talking about?

Guardian Stat Setup Help

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Just swap out the Assassin for Soilder.

Guard Stacks 2.5k Health

Amins – Guardian

Guardian Stat Setup Help

in Guardian

timidobserver.7925

Guard Stacks 2.5k Health

What do you mean by Guard Stacks?

Guardian Stat Setup Help

in Guardian

timidobserver.7925

Guard Stacks 2.5k Health

OHhhh I know what you mean. I won’t be able to get that until the reset.

Guardian Stat Setup Help

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Guard Mastery – WvW

Amins – Guardian

Guardian Stat Setup Help

in Guardian

timidobserver.7925

Guard Mastery – WvW

Yeh, I went into other stuff before that was added. I won’t have enough to get it until the reset.

Guardian Stat Setup Help

in Guardian

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

I’d look into Celestial accessories if I were you. You’re missing a lot of potential by neutering your Healing Power that badly. Here’s what I hit with my stat combo:

1800 Power (w/ Sharpening Stone, no might)
22% Crit Chance
62% Crit Damage
3100 Armor
21k HP (20k base; 22k w/ food active; 24.5 w/ guard stacks)
700-860 Healing Power depending on my active weapon

I like your stat distrib; too many people run 30 virtues when you really only need 1. Neutered self-sustain, too.

Empowering Might isn’t as useful as Two-Handed Mastery, unless multiple guardians are traited for it (my personal opinion).

My dodge rolls heal for 1k a pop and book 1 spam for even more. You’re hurting yourself if you don’t look into healing power.

On-kill sigils should be used in open-world WvW zergfest bonanzas, but never, ever bring that to a GvG or any small-scale fight where you know the enemy won’t be dropping like it’s hot. Go for Fire or Energy in those cases.

Edit:

Something else I forgot to mention. GS/Hammer is usually only taken if you’re planning on running with Judge’s Intervention in order to catch the enemy and prep for a bomb. GS/Staff is better and more general, in my opinion. Although I don’t really know the level of organization the group you run with typically displays.

Which server are you on?

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

(edited by Boonprot.6274)

Guardian Stat Setup Help

in Guardian

foofad.5162

Attack isn’t a meaningful stat, list Power.

Guardian Stat Setup Help

in Guardian

timidobserver.7925

I’d look into Celestial accessories if I were you. You’re missing a lot of potential by neutering your Healing Power that badly. Here’s what I hit with my stat combo:

2900 Attack (w/ Sharpening Stone, no might)
22% Crit Chance
62% Crit Damage
3100 Armor
21k HP (20k base; 22k w/ food active; 24.5 w/ guard stacks)
700-860 Healing Power depending on my active weapon

I like your stat distrib; too many people run 30 virtues when you really only need 1. Neutered self-sustain, too.

Empowering Might isn’t as useful as Two-Handed Mastery, unless multiple guardians are traited for it (my personal opinion).

My dodge rolls heal for 1k a pop and book 1 spam for even more. You’re hurting yourself if you don’t look into healing power.

On-kill sigils should be used in open-world WvW zergfest bonanzas, but never, ever bring that to a GvG or any small-scale fight where you know the enemy won’t be dropping like it’s hot. Go for Fire or Energy in those cases.

Edit:

Something else I forgot to mention. GS/Hammer is usually only taken if you’re planning on running with Judge’s Intervention in order to catch the enemy and prep for a bomb. GS/Staff is better and more general, in my opinion. Although I don’t really know the level of organization the group you run with typically displays.

Which server are you on?

I do have a full exotic clerics set of armor for when I want to heal, although this build is more about eeking out as much damage and survivability as I can with my ascended items. Though, it is worth considering trading off some of the crit and crit damage for healing power. Given that do know that the 1 to 1 heal scaling on Selfless Daring is very good once your healing power reaches a point.

As far as the traits and weapon choices go, I didn’t really focus on filling that stuff in on the build because it changes a lot. I have something like 4 full exotic gear sets on the bank. I run with Staff/Hammer, Staff/GS, or Hammer/GS. Staff/GS is what I run when im pugging because of the swiftness and the leap, because pugs don’t group swiftness very well on my server. For the third utility slot I either run judge’s intervention or signet of judgement depending on what group I am running with and what I am trying to accomplish. My trait/weapon/skill setup typically changes around depending on what I am doing ,who I am running with, and who are we going against.

As far as GvGs go, I am not really worried about that. Given that GvGs are going away next month, I am not really building my ascended set for those. However, I do have a an exotic GvG set of weapons. I run sigils of fire when GvGing.

I play on Tarnished Coast ATM, although I am seriously considering hopping down toward the middle of League 2. League 1 isn’t going to be very much fun. I feel like League 2 is going to be very competitive. On TC we don’t ever get good matchups anymore. We either blow people out or get blown out. We haven’t had an actual close score in a very long time.

(edited by timidobserver.7925)

Guardian Stat Setup Help

in Guardian

Boonprot.6274

GvGs will still exist. There are areas in which the Bloodlust buff won’t apply, as well as the possibility of guilds playing interference to stop the buff from appearing during the match. It’ll be more difficult, but the scene will still exist. It’s a pity that the devs are trying so hard to strangle the GvG community (scnd vs VII gvg stream had over 1k viewers), but that’s another argument for another thread.

The problem with full Cleric’s is that your health is dangerously low. Around 14000, iirc. That’s about 6k HP lower than where you need to be. Especially during the queue fights that TC encounters where lag kicks in and it becomes a game of “who spams 1 the best.” I do use some Cleric’s armor in conjunction with Celestial accessories to hit my stat caps, but I’m not entirely in Cleric’s gear. I’d be far too squishy if that was the case.

TC is in an odd place because it has the coverage of a tier 1.5 server. Enough to put up a halfway decent fight in T1 and more than enough to dominate T2. Mag, my server, is in a similar place being T2.5. We have literally 0 SEA/Oceanic guilds, an NA pop that can queue 2 maps on a good night, and an EU pop that is composed of NA daytime players and a scattered few EU who are in the karma train. So, I feel your pain. That said, I’d never transfer anywhere else because Maguuma is, imo, the best server NA. Fantastic community, an above-average skill level, lots of GvG guilds, etc… Love it here.

Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

Guardian Stat Setup Help

in Guardian

timidobserver.7925

GvGs will still exist. There are areas in which the Bloodlust buff won’t apply, as well as the possibility of guilds playing interference to stop the buff from appearing during the match. It’ll be more difficult, but the scene will still exist. It’s a pity that the devs are trying so hard to strangle the GvG community (scnd vs VII gvg stream had over 1k viewers), but that’s another argument for another thread.

I haven’t seen any confirmations that there are areas that Bloodlust won’t apply, and interference probably won’t help. Point being, there is no point in wasting my ascended gear on a GvG set given that GvG is going to be taking a huge hit next month if it doesn’t go away entirely. I’ll just build an exotic GvG set. The ascended build is pretty much going to be whatever I plan to run most of the time.

Yeh TC is in a horrible place. All matchups we get a horrible and boring. That isn’t Anets fault because a good matchup simply doesn’t exist at the moment. I do like TC, but I am not so attached that I’ll tolerate being bored to death for to much longer. I think that the winner of League 2 is going to be inflated with players, and maybe that server will be a good match for TC and Season 2. However, Season 1 is going to be a bust for us.

(edited by timidobserver.7925)

Guardian Stat Setup Help

in Guardian

Boonprot.6274

Oh, for sure. Anyone who thinks that these garbage WvW seasons are going to be about anything but coverage are kidding themselves. WvW success in this game isn’t measured by individual or server skill; it’s measured by the number of ACs you have guarding gates/chokes and how many bodies you can throw at a tower/keep/castle door. I think that’s both sad and utterly boring in a game mode that has incredible potential.

Also, something important to remember, what works in GvG always works in general WvW, but what works in WvW rarely works in GvG. That is, I build my character the same (barring a weapon swap) for general WvW with my guild as I do for our GvGs. My build may change a bit, depending on what we need, but it’s fairly static.

Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma