[Guardian] Taking Questions/Suggestions

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Hi everyone, I’ve been a main Guardian since Head-Start of GW2, I’ve been in the process of adding additional tips for the Guardian class through my youtube channel (www.youtube.com/maxwilso)

If you have any questions or need assistance in getting better with your Guard, I will be happy to help.

Current WIP

- SPvP Spirit Weapon (Druid Build)
- WvW Solo-Roaming
- Fractals

Attachments:

in Guardian

Posted by: Phoenix Fire.6203

Phoenix Fire.6203

Do you know any good support builds? Or tank builds. Right now I have staff/mace and shield weapons. Utility usually switches with the situation but is mainly Sanctuary, Bow of Truth, and “Hold the Line”. My elite is Tome of Courage.I don’t remember my Traits right now, but it’s my traits and utility I need help with.

Plays on Fort Ranik.
Ceara Bramble 80 sylvari engineer.
Freyr Treewalker 80 sylvari ranger.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

@Charak, why are you putting [Guardian] in all your guide threads? Why not [Guide] itself?

@Phoenix, never use Bow of Truth. That’s probably one of the worst Guardian skills to use. Also, what are you supporting? WvW, PvP, or PvE?

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Guardian

Phoenix Fire.6203

I play PvE mostly.

Plays on Fort Ranik.

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Do you know any good support builds? Or tank builds. Right now I have staff/mace and shield weapons. Utility usually switches with the situation but is mainly Sanctuary, Bow of Truth, and “Hold the Line”. My elite is Tome of Courage.I don’t remember my Traits right now, but it’s my traits and utility I need help with.

That’s tricky because in PvE you would want to take on a DPS role. Staff and mace can work but shield will not, focus will be your primary off-hand (shield/torch will sit in your bank 99% of the time).

Tomes are a unique niche, but they aren’t that great either. The damage from wrath is negligible but is a great way to give allies quickness at the start and then immediately canceling the elite. Tome of courage I actively used in conjunction with lyssa rune in sPvP because it used to give stability… so stability + full health cast was better than renewed, but the new rune is worse now and it only triggers stability off fear so courage takes a back seat now. The only usable time for it is dragon fights like jormag/teq.

You can try my current WvW -Zerg build that uses Mace/Staff:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAW5dl0ApUo1CxVI8DNhDRl9OUfdJ2PwI8BXFAA-TxDBAB7phRLlGipMDNlgKt/wgaCA4ACknGhQuAAgq+TCHBAGOACb8AA0THQAHsACBIbLA-e

Why vamp runes? Think about this, at 20% you can’t be CC’d or Damaged and you get 3 seconds to reset the fight for yourself, meaning you can not be bursted down. It’s also my favourite rune in sPvP, it’s a bit unconventional but when you got people spamming daze/stun with no DR, it’ll save you from that burst.

Utility will always be: stand your ground and hold the line

you then can swap between retreat/save yourselves depending on the situation.

Or you can opt for something like this generating strong heals to your allie:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAW5dl0ApUo1CxVI8DNRCRld+9fnJ2ZQLUCXFAA-ThDBAB7phRr9HlGipMDNlgDqJAgDIQeaEC5CAAq6PJcEAY4AIsxDAQPdABcwCIEgstA-e

Just remember that 2700 armour is soft cap, so try moving around stats to feed other areas after that point.

(edited by Charak.9761)

in Guardian

Phoenix Fire.6203

Thanks. I will try this next time I get on.

Plays on Fort Ranik.