Guardian and bosses

Guardian and bosses

in Guardian

Posted by: Eric.6395

Eric.6395

I have a low level guardian but before i want to level it, How is the guardian going with boss battles?
I havent really focus on it when i was playing with other characters, but the guardian has no long range weapons. (Bows and Rifles)

How does it handle big bosses like Shadow Behemoth or dragons? Because you have to come close and then you get in a sort of danger zone

Guardian and bosses

in Guardian

Posted by: Siam.1278

Siam.1278

Big bosses usually lower their head enough for melee characters to hit and you can also hit them at their feet/hands. You can always use a Scepter if you want to go range.

Guardian and bosses

in Guardian

Posted by: DarkAynjil.5793

DarkAynjil.5793

Also, give the staff a chance. It has performed pretty well for me in PvE.

Guardian and bosses

in Guardian

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

as an guardian vs bosses, you can stay close range , use hold the line, heal from staff tank for few seconds , you should be able to take 5-6 hits then retreat and use range weapons

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

Guardian and bosses

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

I’ve only did the Shadow Behemoth in terms of really big bosses, and I found I was running around too much to really do much damage. I apparently did enough, because I got Gold, but I spend a lot of time supporting (not that I really mind that).

“Come on, hit me!”

Guardian and bosses

in Guardian

Posted by: Tomkatt.1684

Tomkatt.1684

At level 30 and up, an aegis heavy build with retreat and renewed focus (and maybe a mace+focus) will let you block and negate damage from 7-10 attacks in a row. I laugh at bosses until I run out of aegis and dodge (that’s rare, btw).

Guardian and bosses

in Guardian

Posted by: Klazmaunt.2591

Klazmaunt.2591

I solo champions and group events with Scepter/Shield and Hammer.

Pretty easily, actually.