Guardian changes 7/23/13

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Guardian:

Virtue of Courage: Updated the aegis skill fact to display the proper duration.

Tome of Courage/Wrath: Using these elite skills will now drop the player’s currently equipped bundle instead of destroying it.

Leap of Faith: Fixed a bug that caused a longer than intended blind when hitting multiple targets.

Sword of Justice—Command: Removed the range indicator for this skill, as it was unnecessary.

Monk’s Focus: This trait now scales 40% with healing power, up from 10%.

Merciful Intervention: This skill’s recharge has been lowered from 80 seconds to 50 seconds. Base healing for this skill has been increased by 48%. Scaling with healing power has been increased to 60% effectiveness, up from 20%.

Symbol of Judgment: Increased the spell effect and AoE rings to match the actual radius of this skill for both the base and when traited with Writ of Exaltation.

Symbol of Wrath: When traited with Writ of Exaltation, this skill now applies retaliation to the correct radius. Increased the spell effect and AoE rings to match the actual radius of this skill for both the base and when traited with Writ of Exaltation.

Symbol of Protection: Increased the spell effect and AoE rings to match the actual radius of this skill for both the base and when traited with Writ of Exaltation.

Symbol of Faith: Fixed a bug that caused this skill to hit 3 targets instead of 5 when traited with Writ of Exaltation. Increased the base radius to 180 and a 240 radius when traited with Writ of Exaltation. Increased the spell effect and AoE rings to match the actual radius of this skill for both the base and when traited with Writ of Exaltation.

Symbol of Swiftness: Increased the base radius to 180 and a 240 radius when traited with Writ of Exaltation. Increased the spell effect and AoE rings to match the actual radius of this skill for both the base and when traited with Writ of Exaltation.

Writ of the Merciful: Fixed a bug so that the healing area provided from this trait will correctly scale its radius with the Writ of Exaltation trait.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/july-23-content-release-notes/

Monk’s focus is looking mighty fine imo. I might give it a go and see how well it compares to AH.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

Merciful Intervention

This skill’s recharge has been lowered from 80 seconds to 50 seconds. Base healing for this skill has been increased by 48%. Scaling with healing power has been increased to 60% effectiveness, up from 20%.

Ermahgerd

Very welcome changes to Symbol of Swiftness and Monk’s Focus.

Shame about Leap of Faith… although they mention duration… does it still stack in intensity?

Symbol of Judgment/Protection: Increased the spell effect <—- I take it that means visual effect, and not the boon effect

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: McClueless.1974

McClueless.1974

This is a great fix/patch. It seems the leap of faith mass aoe vulnerability might have been nerfed, but I cant prove this at the moment

MI buff! Definitely was needed.

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

Holy crap on a cracker!

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

Wait wait wait…So the base radius for our symbols is now what it used to be traited with Writ of Exaltation??? Does this mean I can finally run something else instead of ensuring my symbols actually hit something outside of the range of my toes? Sweet.

Also, 40% healing power scaling with MF. Sounds tasty.

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: Kilandros.2098

Kilandros.2098

Whoah whoah, wait. Someone explain the new symbol sizes to me (all I know/knew is that previously untraited symbols were small, traited symbols substantially larger).

Are untraited symbols now the same size as previously traited symbols? If true, are traited symbols now going to be 50% bigger than that?

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

Also, 40% healing power scaling with MF. Sounds tasty.

Yup – although most DPS focus builds ( ie very low healing power ) this still will only equate to about 100 extra HP. Might be a good choice for mid-range builds though

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Blasino.3128

@Kilandros

According to the notes the symbols of faith and swiftness are bigger. Up from 120 to 180, traited 180 to 240.

I’m excited about this, since I like running symbols.

vT

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: Kilandros.2098

Kilandros.2098

@Kilandros

According to the notes the symbols of faith and swiftness are bigger. Up from 120 to 180, traited 180 to 240.

Hey man, thanks for the size specs! This is awesome. Symbols are my bread and butter.

Edit: So all other symbols remain the same? The rings are merely being adjusted to reflect the actual size?

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Blasino.3128

In addition its about the same size for some of the staff ele’s skills.

vT

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

Something else that indirectly effects us:

Warrior

• Signet of Might: The activated unblockable buff now lasts for 5 strikes.

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Blasino.3128

@Kilandros

Hey man, thanks for the size specs! This is awesome. Symbols are my bread and butter.

Edit: So all other symbols remain the same? The rings are merely being adjusted to reflect the actual size?

It looks like that. I wish I wasn’t at work right now…

vT

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: Ryan.2758

Ryan.2758

It looks like the symbols are being buffed to the range of traited symbols.

It also says, however, that the symbol will now actually be the size of the area it hits, whereas before you’d have the symbol and then an area all around it where it would still do damage.

Based on this wording, the spell itself got bigger, and the actual symbol on the ground got much bigger.

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Blasino.3128

^^^^ Exactly, Is it time to go home yet??

vT

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

Interestingly this hasn’t been adjusted on all other professions. I’m sure static field, for instance, would stun you if you got too close ( but still outside ) of the ring

On a side note: with 1k Healing Power, Merciful Intervention should now heal for 2554 ( base heal is 1954 ).

Hopefully it reliably stacks with Monk’s Focus now. Even with 0 healing power that would be a burst heal of nearly 4k every 50 seconds ( 40 seconds with Meditation Mastery )

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: Asur.2510

Asur.2510

Regarding the symbol changes, here’s a bug report with a screenshot of how they act pre-patch.

Looks like they streamlined all symbols to be the same size and with a spell effect that covers the entire area. The increased size on Symbol of Swiftness will be nice for making sure a tick goes off while running across.

(edited by Asur.2510)

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: McClueless.1974

McClueless.1974

You’ll see meditation zerker builds using JI and MI now to do zerg busts.

Shield of wrath > JI > Smite Comd. > WW or MB > MI right back out

And do that every 50 seconds (40 when traited)?
This is going to get interesting. Especially in tPvP what with such a now amazing escape mechanic!

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

This is going to get interesting. Especially in tPvP what with such a now amazing escape mechanic!

In terms of disruptive zerg pre-emptive attacks it’ll probably do your raid more good to JI in with a ring of warding or sanctuary, followed by Zealot’s Embrace before teleporting out. That will force the enemy to burn precious stability and/or break their momentum.

Not sure if it’s worth losing a utility slot over though – in a coordinated raid, you’ll want to be the vanguard your team, so you teleport ahead, drop CC to disrupt the enemy and then let your team roll over your location – so being to teleport away is only useful in small scale harassments ( and relies on the fact there’s no one standing next to you )

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

That’s assuming that there’s someone outside of the zerg that has the lowest amount of health in comparison to those within the zerg, which I don’t think will be very likely.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

That’s assuming that there’s someone outside of the zerg that has the lowest amount of health in comparison to those within the zerg, which I don’t think will be very likely.

I’m fairly certain that “player with the lowest amount of health” part of the skill has never worked and won’t have been fixed in this update. It’ll just choose the nearest team member ( Party→Party Pets/Minions→Other Allies→Other Allies Pets/NPCs )

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Hm….wish Merciful Intervention was a stun breaker…but that’s asking for too much xD Gonna drop contemplation for it to see how it pans out in tpvp.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Leap of faith is 3s, when you hit 2 mobs, it did 6s blind to both.

I don’t like this ‘fix’

(edited by Charak.9761)

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

Hm….wish Merciful Intervention was a stun breaker…but that’s asking for too much xD Gonna drop contemplation for it to see how it pans out in tpvp.

Is it not when traited with Focused Mind? ( I don’t know, I’ve never used it ;-)

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

Is it not when traited with Focused Mind? ( I don’t know, I’ve never used it ;-)

Focused Mind makes it instant (Able to cast it in the middle of casting other spells) but I don’t think it makes it a stunbreaker.

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Focused Mind makes it instant (Able to cast it in the middle of casting other spells) but I don’t think it makes it a stunbreaker.

Yeah, you’ll teleport but with your cc’d state still in tact. Just hope your teammate isn’t standing in the same exact spot you were in aha

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: ref.8196

ref.8196

Leap of faith is 3s, when you hit 2 mobs, it did 6s blind to both.

I don’t like this ‘fix’

Because the patch isn’t up yet.

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

OMFG I want to play my guardian so much now.

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

So these changes will not default me to a Heal´din, killing of my cherished Damage-Guardian ?

Polish > hype

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Merciful Intervention

This skill’s recharge has been lowered from 80 seconds to 50 seconds. Base healing for this skill has been increased by 48%. Scaling with healing power has been increased to 60% effectiveness, up from 20%.

That change I were waiting a lot time. I’ll try this later to see if the skill is now viable to use.

Sorry for my english.

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

This is a buff to AH healing as well.
If more people are on standing on symbols, more ticks for you.

Now, with those healing scalling buff, can we start to consider healing worth stacking?

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: wolfie.7296

wolfie.7296

Very welcome changes to Symbol of Swiftness

Still does not stack speed with other symbols of swiftness. Running over 2 swiftness symbols or trying to refresh your speed if you also have Retreat doesn’t work. Unless it is an undocumented change?

(edited by wolfie.7296)

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: Kaim.5483

Kaim.5483

lol the current radius of Symbol of Swiftness says 180 in the tooltip but it’s actually just 120 just like Symbol of Faith. I thought ANet were going to increase its radius to 180 from… 180 XD

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: dovrak.4376

dovrak.4376

Clearly guardian needed buffs..

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: Empressium.5482

Empressium.5482

I knew it all tis time! We’ve been trolled hard for our symbol’s radius effect not affected by teh 50% symbol raidus increase trait! I’ve been wondering why the hell all my would be improved symbol’s effects kinda bugged as its only effective at the epicenter not spreading more outwards

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Wait wait wait…So the base radius for our symbols is now what it used to be traited with Writ of Exaltation??? Does this mean I can finally run something else instead of ensuring my symbols actually hit something outside of the range of my toes? Sweet.

Most of the symbol changes were just correcting the effects to match the actual area of the symbol. A lot of the symbol’s effects were 120/180 when the actual area was 180/240.

That being said, we did increase Symbol of Swiftness and Symbol of Faith from 120/180 to 180/240 to be consistent with the other symbols. =)

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

I’ll still be running AH when zerging(Zerg = 30-40 people or more), but I definitely will be running Monk’s Focus when doing any camp flipping or small man stuff.

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

Not every guardian is support/heal based, but some people are happy I guess.

Crazy Leg

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

Most of the symbol changes were just correcting the effects to match the actual area of the symbol. A lot of the symbol’s effects were 120/180 when the actual area was 180/240.

That being said, we did increase Symbol of Swiftness and Symbol of Faith from 120/180 to 180/240 to be consistent with the other symbols. =)

Ah, I see. Looks like I’ll probably still run WoE. Thanks for the clarification!

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Not every guardian is support/heal based, but some people are happy I guess.

Yeah, but it’s a good way to make supporting stronger and more wanted than Berserker only.

It’s a beginning.

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Nice, Symbol of Wrath looks larger. I’ve got a feeling as if I could ignore WoE when taking the hammer now.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: Kaim.5483

Kaim.5483

I’m so totally gonna ignore WoE now XD lol

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

I’m so totally gonna ignore WoE now XD lol

I wouldn’t do that, I was able to cover an entire borderland in 1 giant symbol of swiftness

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Roy, how about that fix to MI…. you know, the one we’ve been asking about since conception?

~make it targetable~

It’s a ~death Sentense~ as it stands. Who know’s where you’re going to end up or what side of the zerg you’ll be on… IE: oh look at that thief in the back lines that needs “the most” healing….

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Good guardians were already doing this for dueling, solo fights etc. This just made them stronger. In zergs I know that people prefer AH but considering our aoe heal now, plus the damage this will make it so I never have to switch out MF.

If you haven’t already you should check out the stunning styles videos. Though you might want to consider trading out zerker helm/chest/legs for something like soldier/knight.

I’m personally running a few things magi (wvw)because I’m trying a new setup. Gets me well over the 75% crit while only dropping me down to around 1900 power before might stacks.

I was already killing AH guardians, this is going to make it even easier.

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

and just to confirm.

Leap of Faith + Blind Exposure no longer applies 3 stacks of vulnerability multiplied by the number of AoE hits *sniff

( but it does apply 3 stacks per target – max 5 targets )

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

GSSBlunaspike.4153

and just to confirm.

Leap of Faith + Blind Exposure no longer applies 3 stacks of vulnerability multiplied by the number of AoE hits *sniff

( but it does apply 3 stacks per target – max 5 targets )

Inner fire was always better in pvp, it might be better in pve now I don’t know. There are some really good options.

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

In case it wasn’t clear, Monk’s Focus does NOT stack with Merciful Intervention’s heal. MF only works with Smite Condition, Judge’s Intervention, and Contemplation of Purity.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

And some guildies and I tested it and it’s still HORRIBLE.

I had 1 guy w/ 50% health, at 600 range, and another guy at 90% health, at 300 range, and it consistently went to the closer of the two.

It could be a LOS issue, it could be a 1st check issue… who knows…

Make it TARGET-ABLE already.

Sheesh.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

In case it wasn’t clear, Monk’s Focus does NOT stack with Merciful Intervention’s heal. MF only works with Smite Condition, Judge’s Intervention, and Contemplation of Purity.

Is this a bug or….?

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Guardian changes 7/23/13

in Guardian

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Is this a bug or….?

Probably but it’s been around long enough so that at this point it’s just standard. I run it sometimes because it still has it’s uses in the right setup. Mostly you can ignore it because stand your ground, or save yourselves is better.