Guardian changes from stream:

in Guardian

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

not all the changes

Smite Condition will remove 2 conditions instead of 1

Piercing Light daze decreased from 1 second to 0.5 second, will no longer daze through block.

Test of Faith’s swords initial trigger damage reduced from 66% of the pass through damage to 50%

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in Guardian

Posted by: AGGabriel.9230

AGGabriel.9230

they have done it ……
THEY HAVE RUINED THE GUARDIAN/DH AGAIN what is next LB 2, DH spear of light(pull) , burning ?

in Guardian

Posted by: King Cephalopod.7942

King Cephalopod.7942

Mesmer got alacrity halved but got some more aegis. Ranger got 1200 range shouts, and “protect me” has group stunbreak like guardian F3 traited. Necro can corrupt boons even more. Thief has group unblockables. Berzerker is supposed to be the king of burning. I really hope they left a lot of guardian stuff out. I bet some friends when they first announced this that we’d get buffs to either shouts or medis, and now I’m really sad that I was right.

A little savagery now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Don’t cry, Signet of Mercy. Others may forget you, but I will always remember.
Our deficiencies may be overcome by practice and self-discipline.

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

Its official, game is being balanced for amber division skill level and QQ on forums.

Don’t expect the class to be viable before summer 2016. enjoy

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

If those are the only changes… I don’t think it’s too bad

kitten, this was only a preview of things to come

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

(edited by mrauls.6519)

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Nerfs weren’t as substantial as i was expecting, but this was only a preview.

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

Smite Condition change makes me think they realize how much we need better condition removal.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

If that’s all the nerfs we’re getting it should be alright. Also smite condi buff is nice.

Bullet Punch

in Guardian

Posted by: Maxodon.5243

Maxodon.5243

Mesmer got alacrity halved but got some more aegis.

The aegis thing is actually a nerf since they swapped 1 second of aoe invulnerability with 3s of aegis and Mesmer doesn’t have any aegis traits to improve that

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

The aegis thing is actually a nerf since they swapped 1 second of aoe invulnerability with 3s of aegis and Mesmer doesn’t have any aegis traits to improve that

Id rather have to go through aegis than worry about them being invul…

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: Soryuju.8164

Soryuju.8164

Trap nerfs look fine. Protective Reviver change is nice and will help compensate for the indirect nerf FMW is taking with the Quickness changes (same with Shelter not being affected by Quickness). Smite Condition buffs are great for keeping pace with the current condi meta, but frankly, I’d rather them just nerf condition application across the board. There are a few good nerfs in this patch, but from what we’ve seen, it still doesn’t feel like Anet is backing down from the power creep that began in the specialization update. Unless the rest of the patch notes are amazing, I doubt I’m going to start playing again after this update.

I’m mostly disappointed that the preview didn’t include any potential changes to our weak traits and utilities. I’m assuming that they’re not ready to show yet, but how can we provide any meaningful feedback on what might be coming if we don’t see even a single potential change?

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I liked smite condition on my meditrapper anyway and they made it better…LOL what the heck ANET…fix stuff that is broken ….

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Guardian

Posted by: River Strider.9860

River Strider.9860

I was going to say that I hope they do more changes. Was gong to say “that is all?”

You forgot to mention “Protective Reviver” will help rez speed since they are taking away swiftness and slow.

(edited by River Strider.9860)

in Guardian

King Cephalopod.7942

My intent was poorly phrased. It is a nerf, but when aegis is what we have left as a semi-unique support contribution and they give more to mesmer I get a sour taste in my mouth.

in Guardian

King Cephalopod.7942

I was going to say that I hope they do more changes. Was gong to say “that is all?”

They said it’s a preview and there are more changes yet unspoken. Just have to wait 11 days.

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

My intent was poorly phrased. It is a nerf, but when aegis is what we have left as a semi-unique support contribution and they give more to mesmer I get a sour taste in my mouth.

I understand. We do have pretty good aegis application for ourselves right now, though… from virtues, dragonhunter, that one trap… Maybe they could give us a trait that gives us a power boost when we break an enemy’s application of aegis

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

We also have to keep in mind what our changes really mean by comparing them to the changes the game itself is about to experience. Huge incoming changes…

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: DanAlcedo.3281

DanAlcedo.3281

Test of Faith’ nerf is VERY welcome to WvW!
Its does a bit to hard dmg for a capless aoe (The first hit has a 5 man cap the swords have noe aoe cap)

in Guardian

Kuya.6495

If anything i’m more afraid of the buffs they gave thf. Unblockable basilisk venom? Wow.

*even funnier to think about since they wana take daze away from test of faith.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

haha as I said they don’t know to balance guardians, they buffed already ok skill (meditation smite) and everything else stays the same

balance score: 2/10.

in Guardian

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Of course, that sword AA #3 that miss everyone will never get fixed. You would think stuff that affects everyday operation like AA would get attention. But then again, knowing our Mr. derv who works in mysterious way, I wouldn’t be so supprised. I do have some slight hope that it would be in the yet-to-be-seen “balancing” that we will be seeing soon.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Is that everything we’re getting for this quarter?

Lol. No comment.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

hoping they forgot to note a fix for DH resolve… all the movement skills in the game got updated to not be affected by chill/cripple/etc but not our resolve yet

in Guardian

Posted by: Artixera.5107

Artixera.5107

they have done it ……
THEY HAVE RUINED THE GUARDIAN/DH AGAIN what is next LB 2, DH spear of light(pull) , burning ?

I dunno what part of the game you’re talking about that ruined DH, PvP?
I got Legendary as DH only in this bunker meta so the class can’t be that useless just because they lowered some daze and test of faith dmg.

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

What I really want to know is will they actually buff what doesn’t work, if they buff what already has a place (what is show) and don’t touch what is useless I’ll outrage.

Sorry for my english.

in Guardian

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

they have done it ……

You need to see this in the context of most other classes who receive changes as well (among them nerfs).

Its not that all others remain the same and that only guardian gets changes.

Its all relative.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Is that everything we’re getting for this quarter?

Lol. No comment.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

This is really embarrassing for the devs, they hyped these balance patches so much and yet these list of changes are so insignificant they could have been patched in with Wintersday.

It is disgusting to try and pass this balance patch as a major feature.

Guardians desperately need major changes, i don’t want to spend the next three months worthless in PvP and PvE, we have already been worthless since HoT launch!

Where are the devs? Why are they ignoring our forums? Why is there literally ZERO communication?!

• Spirit Weapons STILL need a complete redesign.
  • Signets STILL need a complete redesign.
  • All our one-handed weapons need adjustments.
  • Half our Traits need redesign.
  • We need sustainable damage, less burst damage!
  • We need a viable role to play in raids!
  • We need to be competitive in high-end PvP!

Why are Guardians the number one most neglected and hated profession by the devs?

in Guardian

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

they have done it ……

I dunno what part of the game you’re talking about that ruined DH, PvP?
I got Legendary as DH only in this bunker meta so the class can’t be that useless just because they lowered some daze and test of faith dmg.

Reaching legendary isn’t a prove of a healty status for guardians; most of players in the league are randoms fighting without coordination so anyone can be carried. Not a single guardian in use in the 80 classes of the Pro League is a more accurate reminder of the true of our value. Same for thieves and warriors. I bet guardian/dh will not be competitive in the first half of 2016.

in Guardian

Kuya.6495

I wish they would just make the shout trait remove 3 condis instead of 1. That might help put the class back in meta.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I wish they would just make the shout trait remove 3 condis instead of 1. That might help put the class back in meta.

Or aegis remove 2 or 3 condis when traited with the DH trait, :P, but Anet is trying to get only the Medi guardian back in meta, it will be a full melt meta now with 3 reapers and 1 thief X) hehehe …. people only play what is super effective, doubt we will see the number of elementalists. that we have now, not many know how to play ele w/o certain stats.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

King Cephalopod.7942

Arnath I agree on the underwhelming nature of what they decided would be good enough to deserve a highlight on stream, but guardian isn’t the most hated. The problem isn’t disdain, just that they think we’re “in a good spot”. Because of that I think they see fit to ignore the problems with the class because what the class did well (used to, at least) worked. And that’s medis and shouts. And they’re buffing a medi as a solution to an underlying weakness to the class when condis are strong: tiny health pool and not enough cleanse on things that aren’t medis or shouts. No consecration that offers resistance, one offering 3 cleanses and some reduced duration on a 35 second cooldown in a small area (with no boons for AH synergy), healing signet only cleanses once per 8 seconds when traited, no condi cleanse on signet activation when traited. Only one spirit weapon offers a boon, and I’m not even sure how well the bow does for conditions, but the cooldown is rather prohibitive.
Aeolus I think it would be better if DH kept the removal on block, but another trait tree got “aegis applied by you removes a condition when broken”. As long as aegis is our thing now, might as well try to go all-in, even with all these unblockables floating around.

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

(…)
Aeolus I think it would be better if DH kept the removal on block, but another trait tree got “aegis applied by you removes a condition when broken”. As long as aegis is our thing now, might as well try to go all-in, even with all these unblockables floating around.

Ooooh yeah my bad, got confused with pure heart… that heals on block….no comment… point taken.
Unblockables… that is a very awfull gimmick that Anet added to the pirate cancer, Syg inside a consecration HG and still being , dazed and kd and interrupted that i cant even move… shelter dont even work, renewed focus goes on the same way, avoid range single but gets all the necro condis eheheh.

If aint eating popcorn at range pressing bow 1111125111121111 from the back, aint playing right lol…

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I haven’t touched the Shelter Heal since prepatch… unless i’m dueling 1v1 of course.

So far the changes don’t phase me a bit.. I have little expectations in terms of our lame core traits and skills getting touched. My only concerned is where we’ll stand vs the other classes after the patch.

Right now, this isn’t an indication of anything.. other than condi defenses, probably because of the condi amy and soon-to-be condi Berserker War.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

I haven’t touched the Shelter Heal since prepatch… unless i’m dueling 1v1 of course.

So far the changes don’t phase me a bit.. I have little expectations in terms of our lame core traits and skills getting touched. My only concerned is where we’ll stand vs the other classes after the patch.

Right now, this isn’t an indication of anything.. other than condi defenses, probably because of the condi amy and soon-to-be condi Berserker War.

Balanced as easy kill if not playing how anet wants medi trapper or gtfo, somethign like that, as always been since we are balanced at Anet eyes.
Do players really think Anet will fix the stability and CC easy spam, beign venom share boosted to unblockable the real threat it is not the thief but all the AoE and range stunlock from other classes.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Posted by: casius van.5186

casius van.5186

So far, the only way this has affected me is I can’t use tof to interrupt blocks from chrono, war and herald anymore. Which is fine, I guess, I just hope the other core get some fixes. Guess we’ll find out Friday.

in Guardian

Kuya.6495

It’s not too bad. F1 can still be used to interrupt, albeit, that’s less effective than tof used to be. I just hope they buff shout guard and keep nerfs to DH as a minimum.

in Guardian

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Its official, game is being balanced for amber division skill level and QQ on forums.

Don’t expect the class to be viable before summer 2016. enjoy

I love arguments like this. If its only good against Ambers and you are a pro why do you care so much then if traps are being nerfed. It doesn’t make sense to argue like that because obviously you think its pretty strong and don’t want it weakened. These are fair nerfs. The interrupts were too long and needed to be made blockable. Lots of classes are getting nerfed much more hopefully after the dust settle DH will still viable and also maybe old bunker guardian, medi guard, and burn guard a couple of those can come back in to the meta. But to say something is only good against bad people yet cry to see it untouched that’s a stoopid transparent argument.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Hope they nerf all the elite specs down to the ground, DH included. kittening tired of playing old Guardian and having it outmatched in everything.

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Posted by: Lazeris.1725

Lazeris.1725

then don’t play old guard

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Of course I will play it, as I did before any expansion came. Elite specs were supposed to be an alternative, not superior to core class. You aware of that? Let’s see if you are still playing DH when it gets toned down or bandwagon to something else.

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

So far, the only way this has affected me is I can’t use tof to interrupt blocks from chrono, war and herald anymore. Which is fine, I guess, I just hope the other core get some fixes. Guess we’ll find out Friday.

Why Friday?

in Guardian

Posted by: InsidiousWaffle.7086

InsidiousWaffle.7086

I mean, none of these are bad… at all. Trap dazes were all brought in line, test of faith’s initial damage was slightly nerfed, but that just encourages you to use your traps carefully, and plan/play with them instead of fireing and forgetting.

I mean, they left true shot alone, and we got buffed in regards to condi clear and rez speed, which helps guard fill the role of combat support.

QQ some more tho, maybe acting like children will make us godmode

Edit: Changed “teat of faith” to “Test of Faith” for obv reasons

in Guardian

King Cephalopod.7942

Why Friday?

Probably hoping for more balance previews on the next “Guild Chat” stream.

in Guardian

King Cephalopod.7942

I mean, none of these are bad… at all. Trap dazes were all brought in line, test of faith’s initial damage was slightly nerfed, but that just encourages you to use your traps carefully, and plan/play with them instead of fireing and forgetting.

I mean, they left true shot alone, and we got buffed in regards to condi clear and rez speed, which helps guard fill the role of combat support.

QQ some more tho, maybe acting like children will make us godmode

Edit: Changed “teat of faith” to “Test of Faith” for obv reasons

To be fair this thread has far less QQ than many I’ve seen, and most here aren’t asking for godmode. The issue is that Anet is nerfing (even if slightly) an elite spec that performs mediocre at best compared to others, and buffing things that were already good when they said they’d buff less-used options. As far as I can tell, protective reviver was already a meta trait for bunker guard in pvp and frontliner in wvw, and medis were always meta for pvp power or wvw roaming builds. It isn’t bad that they’re getting better, but leads to wonder if they’re what Anet thought were “less used”.

in Guardian

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

for all intents and purposes, doubling smite condition’s condi removal does exactly jack kitten for guardians vs mallyx revs or necros.

almost every single weapon needs a rework to give guardians more sustained damage instead of the gimmicky “JI + insert combo” burst that we can only pull off every 30 secs

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que