Guardian elites.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: ref.8196

ref.8196

I think a few changes need to be made.

First of all, renewed focus is not that great. You can’t move while casting which makes it even worse. Does anyone else agree?

Secondly, tome of wrath, the damage output on the 1st skill is rather…weak.

Thirdly, tome of courage, is great.

But there are a few normal utility skills that could become useful elites.

Sanctuary has a 120 second recharge, which already puts it in the ranks of elite skills. The long recharge time makes it hard to use effectively, especially in sPvP. I think it should become an elite, but lasting longer, with a greater heal, with the same recharge. This would give us an elite that isn’t a tome, and useful (since renewed focus kinda sucks). The other skill I was thinking of was merciful intervention, it also has a long recharge.

Lastly, underwater elite skills (especially playing a guardian sylvari) the only choice we have is renewed focus. Another good reason to put sanctuary as an elite, as it could be cast underwater.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

I use Renewed Focus a lot, since I don’t really like how the Tomes play. It’s a bit underwhelming to say the least, but I don’t feel severely hampered by the lack of a great elite skill.

“Come on, hit me!”

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I would like the elite tomes to be another health bar. When you use the tome skills with like 50% of your HP left, a new HP bar will appear and slowly go down. If you get damaged the bar will go down faster, and when the elite skill is over, you will come back to your current 50% HP you had before.

Like Necromancers elite skill.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Dungfish.7509

Dungfish.7509

Sanctuary used to be an elite skill like you suggested but they changed it to what you see now.

I like the concept of the tomes but I feel defenseless while using one, if they let us use our utility skills during tomes it would be great imo

Its not their elite skill its their class specific ability, like our virtues

Guardian

(edited by Dungfish.7509)

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: shedim.8504

shedim.8504

Renewed focus is pathetic, since it actually immobilizes you for three seconds and honestly, I’m not so sure if the renewed virtues on a 90 seconds cooldown is worth an elite skill. As for the tomes, well I don’t want a knight to pull out a book right in the middle of the battle and read some fairytales.

I’d gladly swap the elite skills for something else, that fits my playstyle more but unfortunately the is no such option.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

I would like the elite tomes to be another health bar. When you use the tome skills with like 50% of your HP left, a new HP bar will appear and slowly go down. If you get damaged the bar will go down faster, and when the elite skill is over, you will come back to your current 50% HP you had before.

With the survivability guardians have, I would believe this would be a bit too powerful. The tomes really don’t need anymore buffs at the moment as they are already one of the stronger elites. Renewed Focus could use a few buffs here and there to make it more on par with the tomes such as being able to move while casting.

Renewed focus is pathetic, since it actually immobilizes you for three seconds and honestly, I’m not so sure if the renewed virtues on a 90 seconds cooldown is worth an elite skill. As for the tomes, well I don’t want a knight to pull out a book right in the middle of the battle and read some fairytales.

I’d gladly swap the elite skills for something else, that fits my playstyle more but unfortunately the is no such option.

Guardians are more of a battle priest/paladin/holy warrior than a knight, without the religion part of course. Warriors already fill the knight role currently. All guardian’s attacks have at least a little magic in them but not all attacks are physical, so they are actually bit more of a magic caster than a soldier.

Playable Tengu please!

(edited by Esorono.1039)

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Isn’t their elite skill called Lich Form like that?

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: ref.8196

ref.8196

Sanctuary used to be an elite skill like you suggested but they changed it to what you see now.

I like the concept of the tomes but I feel defenseless while using one, if they let us use our utility skills during tomes it would be great imo

That’s interesting to know.

Thinking about it, if renewed focus was not an elite skill and had the same recharge etc, I wouldn’t even put it on my utility bar.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Dungfish.7509

Dungfish.7509

Isn’t their elite skill called Lich Form like that?

No their Lich Form is exactly like our tomes, gives them bonus hp and 5 new skills

That’s interesting to know.

Thinking about it, if renewed focus was not an elite skill and had the same recharge etc, I wouldn’t even put it on my utility bar.

Neither me, I didn’t even consider it for a long time because the tomes looked so much better, and I was assuming you could run around and attack/cast during the invincibility. When I found out that it basically stuns you for the duration I completely forgot about it.

Guardian

(edited by Dungfish.7509)

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: ShadowbaneX.6273

ShadowbaneX.6273

Some of you are looking at Renewed Focus the wrong way.

Yeah, it’s not as showy as say Tornado, or Moa Morph, it’s not a Force Multiplyer like Time Warp or Battle Standard, but when you get down to low health, it can do something that no other elite can: give you time. It buys you 4 critical seconds to get more energy for dodging, to get skills to recharge to allow you to keep on fighting, to get conditions to end. You can use Virtues while you’re channeling it for extra Health, and since you’re invulnerable that’s an extra hit you can take when it ends. If you’ve got Inspired Virtues you’ll also get Regeneration & Protection which is more survivability.

Once it’s done, your passives come back so you can pop them again for more health, soaking another attack, possibly applying AoE Blind if you’ve got Blind Exposure.

Can the Guardian Elites in general be improved? Yeah, they’re not used nearly as often as the other classes’ elites, but Renewed Focus used at the right time they can save yourkitten in a way that no other elite can. Tome of Courage can save the party, but it is a bit more proactive. Tome of Wrath? I think that’s a bit more of a sPvP skill.

Heroes of the Horn [HotH] – Yak’s Bend

(edited by ShadowbaneX.6273)

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Razor.9132

Razor.9132

That would make us pretty much un-killable and certainly overpowered. I personally don’t have any problems with our current tomes, in fact I consider them the most powerful elites in the game.

Also, necromancer elite skills don’t have any additional health pools, they are similar to ours.. ours having better (passive) bonuses.

Agreed with ShadowbaneX.

(edited by Razor.9132)

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Esorono.1039

Yeah, it’s not as showy as say Tornado, or Moa Morph, it’s not a Force Multiplyer like Time Warp or Battle Standard, but when you get down to low health, it can do something that no other elite can: give you time. It buys you 4 critical seconds to get more energy for dodging, to get skills to recharge to allow you to keep on fighting, to get conditions to end. You can use Virtues while you’re channeling it for extra Health, and since you’re invulnerable that’s an extra hit you can take when it ends. If you’ve got Inspired Virtues you’ll also get Regeneration & Protection which is more survivability.

Once it’s done, your passives come back so you can pop them again for more health, soaking another attack, possibly applying AoE Blind if you’ve got Blind Exposure.

Again, not as showy as most elites, not a game wrecker for damage, but if used at the right time it can save yourkitten in a way that no other elite can.

I’d rather just use the full heal from tome of courage than use Renewed Focus for stalling time so I can regen for 321 hp. It has uses, but as a heal, no.

Playable Tengu please!

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: ShadowbaneX.6273

ShadowbaneX.6273

It’s not a Heal, your Heal Skill is your Heal. Renewed Focus (hopefully) buys you the time to use it. Tome of Courage requires you to get it out and then cast it. If you’ve got the time to do that, then by all means, go for it. If you’re in the middle of a fight with no time to escape or if you’re knocked on yourkitten it’s not going to be much help.

Heroes of the Horn [HotH] – Yak’s Bend

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kosmos.3907

Kosmos.3907

I use renewed focus after I started using a shout/boon/anti cc build.

The change that I would like to see on Renewed Focus would be any one of the following:

- recharge all virtues, invulnerability 3 secs, and grant protection and regen for 5 seconds to up to 5 allies. (600 yards and cooldown is now 120 secs)

- recharge all virtues, invulnerability 3 secs, break stun and remove all conditions to you and up to 5 allies (600 yards and cooldown is now 120 secs)

- create a dome that prevents enemies/projectiles from entering and heals up to 5 allies for 1/5 of health over 6 seconds (600 yards, remove invulnerability, last 6 seconds, and cooldown is now 120 secs). – Close to the Sanctuary but tweaked.

I tried to balance it with longer recharge but I dunno just some thoughts.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Esorono.1039

It’s not a Heal, your Heal Skill is your Heal. Renewed Focus (hopefully) buys you the time to use it. Tome of Courage requires you to get it out and then cast it. If you’ve got the time to do that, then by all means, go for it. If you’re in the middle of a fight with no time to escape or if you’re knocked on yourkitten it’s not going to be much help.

The heal from ToC heals far more than any of the three heals from guardians, so I feel I can safely call it a heal as well. Also you have to time it so that you aren’t already dead by the time you cast it. As for the knockdown problem, guardians can apply stability before ToC, and ToC comes with a free passive protection. If timed correctly, ToC can restart your entire fight which is a lot more powerful than a 3 second block and restoring virtues.

Playable Tengu please!

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Otiveht.5482

Otiveht.5482

Be Asura, and use the Attack Golem!

“If you can get there, You can go there”

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

I use renewed focus after I started using a shout/boon/anti cc build.

The change that I would like to see on Renewed Focus would be any one of the following:

- recharge all virtues, invulnerability 3 secs, and grant protection and regen for 5 seconds to up to 5 allies. (600 yards and cooldown is now 120 secs)

- recharge all virtues, invulnerability 3 secs, break stun and remove all conditions to you and up to 5 allies (600 yards and cooldown is now 120 secs)

- create a dome that prevents enemies/projectiles from entering and heals up to 5 allies for 1/5 of health over 6 seconds (600 yards, remove invulnerability, last 6 seconds, and cooldown is now 120 secs). – Close to the Sanctuary but tweaked.

I tried to balance it with longer recharge but I dunno just some thoughts.

Oh please no, leave it as it is with 90s. I don’t want a longer cd.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: tasbury.3674

tasbury.3674

The heal from ToC heals far more than any of the three heals from guardians, so I feel I can safely call it a heal as well. Also you have to time it so that you aren’t already dead by the time you cast it. As for the knockdown problem, guardians can apply stability before ToC, and ToC comes with a free passive protection. If timed correctly, ToC can restart your entire fight which is a lot more powerful than a 3 second block and restoring virtues.

ToC actually used to give stability throughout the entire duration, but has been nerfed and no longer does this. Even so it’s the most powerful elite skill no matter how you are set up.

I think that Renewed focus would actually be worth using if you had the ability to move and use abilities during it’s duration. Since other classes have non-elite skills that grant invulnerability that still allow them to perform actions on shorter cool-downs and longer durations the skill really needs to be looked at.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ixath.6314

Ixath.6314

Renewed focus is amazing. I love it and use it frequently. I’m completely fine with not being able to move.. I do seem to get hit sometimes while it’s active though, but that might be a lag issue or something.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

I’m not sure renewed focus is as bad as it seems. I think tome of courage is fantastic, but it isn’t without its counters. Any form of crowd control will interrupt unless you have stability. Light of Deliverance has along cast time so it cannot be relied upon to save you in situation where you are the target and rapidly losing health, or you are the target and the mob in question has knockbacks, launches, dazes, or stuns. Pacifism will help get off light of deliverance, but it isn’t without its own cast time and it only lasts for part of the cast time Light of Deliverance has.

On the other hand Renewed Focus will protect you from having new crowd control applied and would work in the difficult situations above. I think Renewed Focus isn’t worth it though if you aren’t investing in boosting your virtues (not a easy task since nearly every trait line can do this in someway). It also isn’t as helpful as tome of courage when it comes to saving others when you are not the target. Some question though on renewed focus:

- Does it renew the virtue of courage passive? So, for example, can I get four aegis blocks in quick succession: One from courage passive, one from courage active, one from courage passive after renewal, and one from it’s active after renewal?
- Is its duration increased like the other elite skills with the trait?

I think at the very least Renewed focus should grant stability, and allow for movement and action. Endure pain does this, and while warriors are without a number of healing abilities guardians have, I don’t think this would break the skill.

(edited by SirMoogie.9263)

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Qelris.6901

- Does it renew the virtue of courage passive? So, for example, can I get four aegis blocks in quick succession: One from courage passive, one from courage active, one from courage passive after renewal, and one from it’s active after renewal?
- Is its duration increased like the other elite skills with the trait?

I think at the very least Renewed focus should grant stability, and allow for movement and action. Endure pain does this, and while warriors are without a number of healing abilities guardians have, I don’t think this would break the skill.

I don’t know about first question, but according to wiki, duration increase to 5s with Elite Focus or whatever is the Major Trait. You don’t need it if you time it well. 3 seconds is plenty.

As for granting Stability, I like the idea. Imo, they shouldn’t give us the ability to move while casting Renewed Focus, but a 3-5 seconds Stability would be pretty nice.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: LastDarkness.7390

LastDarkness.7390

Reknewed focus is more of a pvp skill especialy with the virtue boosting traits.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Renewed Focus is great if you max out the Virtue trait line. It makes you virtually unlockable and almost unkillable from DoT.

If Renewed Focus was made mobile, that would be incredible. However, it would probably be OP at that point.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

Tome of Courage is ok, I agree that we could get a protective shield or something like that while using it, but I like it anyway.

Tome of Wrath, I dont like it… I expected more from it and dont think it is really worth in combat.

Renewed Focus, duration is too short, and cast is too slow. I would not say it is useless I have used a while but dont think it worths a slot.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Moophious.1735

Moophious.1735

Can the Guardian Elites in general be improved? Yeah, they’re not used nearly as often as the other classes’ elites, but Renewed Focus used at the right time they can save yourkitten in a way that no other elite can. Tome of Courage can save the party, but it is a bit more proactive. Tome of Wrath? I think that’s a bit more of a sPvP skill.

Sometimes you can’t tell when a boss is about to one-shot you so this slowly losing HP and pop a spell doesn’t always apply.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Qelris.6901

Renewed Focus, duration is too short, and cast is too slow. I would not say it is useless I have used a while but dont think it worths a slot.

Are you talking about it’s too long to renew Virtues?

If not, you got me totally lost. How is 3 seconds of immunity too short AND too long?

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Shimond.2478

Shimond.2478

Tome of Courage is ok, I agree that we could get a protective shield or something like that while using it, but I like it anyway.

Just run with a stability utility if that’s a concern. Stability + #5 and you’re an unstoppable lifesaver, literally.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kindread.9481

Kindread.9481

I use my Virtues nearly every fight, so I usually pop Renewed Focus practically on cooldown.

I like Tome of Courage, but feels it hinders my playstyle a bit. I suppose if I spent more time with it, it may become smoother, but I have become accustomed to using Renewed Focus and it works quite well with my build.

I do wish you could use Renewed Focus on the move, but being immune to all damage while you are casting it is quite nice.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Esorono.1039

ToC actually used to give stability throughout the entire duration, but has been nerfed and no longer does this. Even so it’s the most powerful elite skill no matter how you are set up.

I think that Renewed focus would actually be worth using if you had the ability to move and use abilities during it’s duration. Since other classes have non-elite skills that grant invulnerability that still allow them to perform actions on shorter cool-downs and longer durations the skill really needs to be looked at.

I know it doesn’t give stability anymore, which is why I suggested using a stability skill before ToC. And I still don’t think it will be worth losing ToC for even if it allowed movement, The tome is incredibly powerful under the right conditions. Don’t get me wrong, Renewed Focus is good, but ToC overshadows it.

Playable Tengu please!

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: kabaal.1832

kabaal.1832

The problem ToC finds itself with now is that with stability it was a tad over-powered compared to most classes elites but now without it becomes the only elite that requires you to use a utility before it for it to become viable. Not only that you have a cast time on it then a huuge cast time on the number 5.

Compare it to the the fire and forgets with none or short cast times like the Engineers fantastic elite then you have a problem. Its a fire and forget heal/damage/mez that repeatedly does it’s thing. We have to waste a utility to get ours off never mind cast it’s main use skill. I suppose you could run around spamming number 1 but it makes you the number one target so good luck with that in tournaments.

I’d honestly be happy if they halved the cast time on number 5 but made it also only 50% heal. 50% is enough to turn the tide of a fight.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Krisko.4093

Krisko.4093

Renewed Focus is amazing in all aspects of play.

In PvE, you really don’t need an elite; but if you get in over your head, it gives you a few seconds to breath and blow your virtues.

In sPvP, 3-4 seconds of invulnerability in combat soaks up a looot of your enemies cooldowns and leaves a surprise thief attack fruitless. Bonus points if you get two thieves to waste their initiative on you.

In WvW, Justice shouldn’t be off cooldown, so an extra cast always helps. Two uses of Courage on the retreat is also a good way to get more people out alive.

In Dungeons, all of the above.

My only problem with Renewed Focus is the fact that you aren’t truly invulnerable, condition damage seeps through. A trait that makes it purge or convert conditions would be nice.

I’m not entirely sold on the Tomes, but they have their uses.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Zizi.7860

Zizi.7860

Be Asura, and use the Attack Golem!

This is what I do. That or Mistfire wolf for that sweet, sweet AOE.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Apathy.6430

Apathy.6430

It needs some effect for every time you get attacked for it’s duration.

Maybe a small heal, maybe retaliation, maybe burning on attacker, or something.

Edit: Or remove a condition every time you would take damage. Would make more sense with the whole “Renewed Focus” thing.

(edited by Apathy.6430)

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Personally I wish they would just change Renewed Focus so that it lasts 5 seconds & allows you to move/use other abilities while invulnerable.

After that it would be fine.

Also it would be nice if the tomes could be used under water, having only 1 real choice for underwater elite’s kind of sucks.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

shedim.8504

Personally I wish they would just change Renewed Focus so that it lasts 5 seconds & allows you to move/use other abilities while invulnerable.

Also it would be nice if the tomes could be used under water, having only 1 real choice for underwater elite’s kind of sucks.

5 seconds invulnerability is obnoxious to play against. Invulnerability is an anti-fun mechanic. It’s okay that you can’t move but it feels completely lackluster in comparison with the other elite skills.

I’d love it to create a combo field of your choice after you channelled it that lasts several seconds. Just refreshing your virtues is not strong enough IMHO.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

5 seconds invulnerability is obnoxious to play against. Invulnerability is an anti-fun mechanic. It’s okay that you can’t move but it feels completely lackluster in comparison with the other elite skills.

I’d love it to create a combo field of your choice after you channelled it that lasts several seconds. Just refreshing your virtues is not strong enough IMHO.

Alright 3 seconds of invulnerability (while being able to move) & 10 seconds of Regeneration, Retaliation, Might, Fury & Swiftness.
While recharging your virtues.

That would put it on par with the other elite skills & make it something that allot more people would actually consider using.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tesq.1432

Tesq.1432

renawed focus on bw2 let you move!! this is the prob dont know why now not!!
about the the underwater and santuary, yea the tome should be useable and become target click dont area, then ALL the guardian skill need a lower coldown, all other classes have max 10-15 sec our 24 or 48………..the double think this is not balanced

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

shedim.8504

Alright 3 seconds of invulnerability (while being able to move) & 10 seconds of Regeneration, Retaliation, Might, Fury & Swiftness.
While recharging your virtues.

That would put it on par with the other elite skills & make it something that allot more people would actually consider using.

Or just adding to the current version an AoE nova around you that pulsates/ticks every full second, applies regeneration to you and your allies and burns surrounding foes for every tick. Similar to the staff 3 or 4 ability, only better.

On the same cooldown as it is now (90seconds).

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: OneManArmy.5617

OneManArmy.5617

I feel that Tome of Wrath and Renewed focus are underwhelming.
Especially Renewed Focus.You are immobilised for 3seconds,to renew your virtues.
It says you are invurnerable to damage,yet you take full damage from conditions that are on you,which means you may die in those 3seconds. Is that a bug or working as intended?

To make it more appealing I would suggest that Renewed Focus, upon activation removes all conditions you have as well as break stun and resets virtues as it does now.
Once it finishes,it should give to you and up to 5 allies around you Stability and Aegis for 6 or so seconds.

Surrender is not an option!

(edited by OneManArmy.5617)

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tim.9850

Tim.9850

I’m not impressed with any of the elite skills the Guardian has. I’ve only been able to test them in the PvP area where you attack the golems. But they are just way too short for an “elite” skill. You even hardly have time to read the tooltip before the thing expires.

I’ve seen warriors and thief’s take the golems down faster than any skill I have, including the elite.

But then again it seems a lot of the skills in this game are way too short of duration.

The fast run speed of 25seconds, seems to be the best value of skill points of all the skills.

Their last beta guardian nerfing did not help things.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Shimond.2478

Shimond.2478

Tome of Courage is incredible, actually. Could be the best elite in the game.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tinboy.7954

Tinboy.7954

Well I agree that Renewed Focus is a little underpowered right now. Removing conditions/break stun isn’t that appealing. Any decent guardian would already have the trait with remove 3 conditions on virtue of resolve at the very least rendering that addition quite useless. Imo, since Renewed Focus is usually used when you’re in a pinch anyways, it should grant you something like quickness as well for say 5-10 seconds or something. If not quickness, it should give you protection for 10 seconds instead. Since you’re in a pinch, this allows you to give a short burst of damage to end it quickly before you’re dead OR slow down the damage taken until your heal finishes its CD.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

Renewed Focus is awesome if you trait into it, as as far as I know you can use it underwater. I can’t us any of my other elites underwater. I guess guardian kitties really don’t like to swim. >_<

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Spyder.7192

Spyder.7192

The sad part is for general run-around PvE I use my Asuran golems as my elite since they are better than the others.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

The elites are so poor that I would rather put a normal skill in there. Why can’t we have a tomes be permanent like Kits are on the Engineer?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Qelris.6901

The elites are so poor that I would rather put a normal skill in there. Why can’t we have a tomes be permanent like Kits are on the Engineer?

Then we would actually have an healer…

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Razor.9132

Razor.9132

Trolling much?

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

But then again it seems a lot of the skills in this game are way too short of duration.

It’s unfun thinking that you can defend or heal people only to find that the power runs out as soon as you’ve clicked it. My other gripe is that the passive defense on the Guardian feels like he’s NOT in heavy armour, or that heavy armour doesn’t do anything (which I’m guessing is true). The class feels very weak in many respects: Low Armour, Low HPs, Low Defense, Low Healing, Low DPS.

Sometimes, the Guardian feels abysmal. You end up thinking you can do something fantastic with all those great protection and defense and heal powers, and you can! But for 1 second every 30 seconds. There is a lot of room for improvement.

Guardian Class Assessment Grade: C- (requires aid)

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: DrakeWurrum.6049

DrakeWurrum.6049

Would certainly love to see a Spirit Weapon in the Elite skill (maybe even one that summons multiple Spirit Weapons?) at the least. Surely they could get more creative with the Guardian style and put out more skills!

I hope you haven’t forgotten my role in this little story. I’m the leading man.
You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

Guardian elites.

in Guardian

Posted by: Eveningstar.6940

Eveningstar.6940

The class feels very weak in many respects: Low Armour, Low HPs, Low Defense, Low Healing, Low DPS.

I haven’t had this experience at all. I think I can help you, but I suspect the problem may be a combination of build and playstyle. Could you link us a copy of your build? What weapons do you primarily use, in which situation? Are you speaking from the perspective of sPVP, WvWvW, or PVE?

Valerie Cross: Roleplayer, Writer, Tarnished Coast

A Beginner’s Guide to Guardians