Guardian hammer - Feedback

in Guardian

Posted by: Nero.8047

Nero.8047

Agreed with Rod,
Due to the abundance of medi-trapping DH’s playing a hammer-guard or even a bunker-guard proves effective in quite some situations simply because people don’t know all the ins and outs of the playstyle.

Hammer is slow and hard but when you pull it off well it can be great.

As always: stability is hellish due to hard-countering Guardians’ wards.

Paragon of the Seraphim Order [Ankh]
a small, casual Guild with a play as you want style.

in Guardian

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Some dmg should be switched from the AA to skill 2. It´s kinda sad that this hard hitting ability does not increase dps.

in Guardian

Posted by: Assic.2746

Assic.2746

Some dmg should be switched from the AA to skill 2. It´s kinda sad that this hard hitting ability does not increase dps.

You really think that if Mighty Blow will deal 1k more damage hammer will become viable in PvP? At the same time guardian will lose its place in raids because of weak chain attack, which is the only reason guardian is taken into raids – decent damage and protection.

Don’t forget that you can’t balance the profession by looking on it only from PvP player perspective.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Maybe you have seen this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/49jj6a/datamining_upcoming_features_from_the_march_8/

Superior Sigil of Vortex

• Pull nearby enemies towards you when executing a blast finisher (600 radius). (Cooldown: 10 Seconds)

It would make Mighty Blow and most of the warrior skills insane. Sadly we don’t know if this trait will ever get into the game (even if it might not be allowed in pvp).

My ideas:

1. Now when the number of targets affected by a single ward is limited it could also deal damage to foes, who try to cross it (unblockable). Slight improvement to wards, which wouldn’t make ward skills insanely OP. Enemy player can always wait for ward to disappear, but if he’s willing to take damage it’s his choice.

(edited by Assic.2746)

in Guardian

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

1. I don´t care about pvp. dps=damage per second, and its useful in pve, not pvp.
2. I play Hammer in pvp, and prefer it over s/f or gs.

For pve balance, there are alot of other things to do.
Viable condibuilds, useful torch or mh dps sword.

And most important, split pvp/pve balance.
Trueshotnerf in pve……………………………..why?!!!!

(edited by Norjena.5172)

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Haven’t read all the comments but here’s my 2 copper.

Finishing the third auto chain is basically a huge waste of time and should never be done. Protection is not rewarding enough to do so. The damage might be rewarding enough if it ticked faster and if the symbol was larger so it can actually hit targets. I always Stow to cancel the auto to follow up with another ability because the chain is otherwise debilitating to use… it’s not even useful on downs.

The Glacial Heart trait… too little damage to sacrifice considering the much needed AoE condi cleanses we need now. A 2k Crit burst would be nice considering every class has a single burst trump card except Guardians.

To be honest, it’s not as much of a Hammer (or weapon) issue as it is simply a DH issue in general. Virtues are sluggish; they’re easily interruptible, an exploitable weakness that players take advantage of when DH needs no exploiting.

Other QoL changes…

• Shield knock back should trigger Heavy Light’s Stability.
  • F1 burns should proc when we’re downed.
  • Defender’s Dogma’s minor trait needs to not get consumed by our F1 procs.. it’s a wasted minor trait.

HoT has really hindered a lot of core values in this game.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Assic.2746

Finishing the third auto chain is basically a huge waste of time and should never be done. Protection is not rewarding enough to do so.

Hammer’s chain attack is probably one of the most interesting chain skills. Especially when we have to deal with tons of boon strips. It pulses protection. Even if some necro strips it of you it will be reaplied in a second. I hope hammer’s AA will never be changed (mechanic).

It’s true that most of the damage is concentrated around the 3rd chain skill. Adding some damge to the rest of the skills would be nice, but I don’t believe that balancing anything by enormous damage buffs (like trueshot) is the right way. The problem is that skills #2, #3, #5 are not good enough.

(edited by Assic.2746)

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Finishing the third auto chain is basically a huge waste of time and should never be done. Protection is not rewarding enough to do so.

Hammer’s chain attack is probably one of the most interesting chain skills. Especially when we have to deal with tons of boon strips. It pulses protection. Even if some necro strips it of you it will be reaplied in a second. I hope hammer’s AA will never be changed (mechanic).

It’s true that most of the damage is concentrated around the 3rd chain skill. Adding some damge to the rest of the skills would be nice, but I don’t believe that balancing anything by enormous damage buffs (like trueshot) is the right way. The problem is that skills #2, #3, #4, #5 are not good enough.

The other hammer skills is what makes the weapon efficient, not the chain.

Everyone has safe rez’s like invulnerabilities, stability etc but downs do not, so Banishing downed targets can be extremely helpful when there’s 3 picking him up and your team has no safe stompers.

RoW can either help with survivability, CC a group to burst down, or deny players from the point so you can contest. I’ve completely contested points with Ham#3,#4,#5.

Ham#2 offers decent 4k AoE bursts. Any more and it’ll be OP. The issues I pointed out earlier are the reasons DH in general have issues in competitive play, it’s not our weapon sets per say.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Assic.2746

True, Banish is a powerful launch skill. Though I would like it do deal some more dmg or even better have this mechanic: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wild_Blow

I don’t have good experiences with Mighty Blow. In 1v1 it’s good, but then it should be even better in team fight. Well not really, random blinds counter it hard.

(edited by Assic.2746)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

I’ve read most suggestions for this thread and most of them are nonsense as they would leave the hammer as the most OP weapon in the whole game. The main problem with buffing damage or attack speed would be that in raids guardians would become the highest damage dealing class. If i recall correctly it was the third most dpsing class over time. Imagine with a higher symbol damage or less casting time between symbols it would be insane (I would love it though, yet not viable)
Now the only possible buff we could get would be a damage increase to #2, and casting time and/or reduced cooldown on #3,4,5. The dynamic of hammer skills are fine as they are the problem as was stated before was the duration/channeling/cooldown. That is what we have to aim to get Anet to modify.

On a side note though… hammer aa in spvp is not viable, do not try to make it happen because it will not happen. GW2 pvp is fast paced, the hammer swing is slow and since it’s attack speed won’t likely change we might as well forget it.

You didnt actually read suggestions thing considering people did not recommend simply buffing speed without toning down the dps? Are you saying warriors hammer is op since its really fast to then? You might as well. The hammer is boring and slow, and it does need help being faster because of pvp you can hardly bring that third strike down at times.

in Guardian

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

A thought came to me when I was playing ranked pvp now.
What if hammer’s symbol was under our feet and moving along with us? It might be an extra utility to Writ of persistence perhaps, but then it would force us to pick a whole traitline just for that.
Tough decisions, not enough profit :I

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Symbols provide area denial. Players don’t just stand on symbols for fun. Granted, it’s harder to place a symbol down when you want it on Hammer, but symbols don’t constantly have to tick for damage for them to be worth while.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: holychampion.7386

holychampion.7386

I’ve read most suggestions for this thread and most of them are nonsense as they would leave the hammer as the most OP weapon in the whole game. The main problem with buffing damage or attack speed would be that in raids guardians would become the highest damage dealing class. If i recall correctly it was the third most dpsing class over time. Imagine with a higher symbol damage or less casting time between symbols it would be insane (I would love it though, yet not viable)(…)

You didnt actually read suggestions thing considering people did not recommend simply buffing speed without toning down the dps? Are you saying warriors hammer is op since its really fast to then? You might as well. The hammer is boring and slow, and it does need help being faster because of pvp you can hardly bring that third strike down at times.

The problem is you’re not analizing the skills each class have. You’re comparing apples and oranges. The warrior’s hammer IS faster but their skills are different so the fact that you’re trying to bash me from that point of view is useless.
What I’ve said was that modifying the hammer’s attack speed without taking into consideration its damage would imply a general imbalace in pve content so as to say raids. In pvp if you try to use the autoattack a thief will store 11 pulmonary strikes at you (At least in the pvp lvl I participate).
Do not get me wrong, I do like hammer as a CC weapon but since the balances and tweaks are general and not play style – based it is hard to get the proper modifications. I do agree that this weapon needs to be looked at… like torch and scepter aswell, among others.

Before posting or disliking someone’s opinion you have to take into account what said modifcations would bring to the game. It takes 10 seconds to think in advance. Being sensible while posting is critical

(edited by holychampion.7386)