Guardian hammer skill five

in Guardian

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I love running hammer in wvw and spvp. My main complaints with the weapon is that it is slow and that skill five roots us in place.

I doubt anet will speed the AA chain up. But maybe a change to hammer five?

I frequently will select judges intervention to blink after a retreating foe. Does anyone think it would be to overpowered to add a secondary function to hammer five that would allow us to shadow step if we hit five again while casting hammer five. Anet could treat it like our torch and add an extended cool down if we are forced to shadow step secondary function otherwise it would just activate as normal. Thoughts?

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

in Guardian

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Hammer 5 is an area denial skill, it doesn’t fit a shadowstep imo. The hammer 5 cast time is 1/4 a sec faster than staff 5 ( it does have an aftercast, though), but since it’s larger than staff’s, I believe making it achievable on the move would cause balance problems.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Guardian

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

the problem with 5 skill on hammer is that it has wrong/bugged animation time and the cast time of it is definitely not 3/4 seconds ……

at least until the last time i used it …. some months ago. if they fixed it, i don’t know

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in Guardian

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

It’s 3/4 sec, but it has a huge aftercast.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Just make it usable while moving, just like they did with Line of Warding.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in Guardian

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

I equate Guardian 5 hammer Ring of Warding to Warrior 4 hammer Staggering Blow.

Pre-Warrior Hammer update, Staggering Blow was virtually useless unless you CC’d/immobilized the target first. Then ANet changed Staggering Blow to be used while the Warrior is moving.

It’s the same clunky feeling with Guardian hammer 5 Ring of Warding as the old Warrior hammer 4 Staggering Blow. It’s a relatively long cast and long aftercast and roots you to the ground in order for it to go off. As a Guardian, you need to CC/immobilize the target first (just like the Warrior) or use Judge’s Intervention to circumvent the clunky root and cast time.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

Ring of Warding is significantly more powerful than Line of Warding, as it allows actually trapping other players. (Plus it’s on a better weapon, which is also an upside.) It needs to have a drawback.

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Ring of Warding is significantly more powerful than Line of Warding, as it allows actually trapping other players. (Plus it’s on a better weapon, which is also an upside.) It needs to have a drawback.

You can easily trap players if you place your line correctly. The ring already has a number of drawbacks: high CD time, clunky animation, useless against stab and invulnerability skills.

People always complain about guard not having enough soft CCs, this is one small QoL change that would help alleviate this issue.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in Guardian

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I equate Guardian 5 hammer Ring of Warding to Warrior 4 hammer Staggering Blow.

Pre-Warrior Hammer update, Staggering Blow was virtually useless unless you CC’d/immobilized the target first. Then ANet changed Staggering Blow to be used while the Warrior is moving.

It’s the same clunky feeling with Guardian hammer 5 Ring of Warding as the old Warrior hammer 4 Staggering Blow. It’s a relatively long cast and long aftercast and roots you to the ground in order for it to go off. As a Guardian, you need to CC/immobilize the target first (just like the Warrior) or use Judge’s Intervention to circumvent the clunky root and cast time.

I was pretty much remembering this.

Guess I will just stick to running with judge’s intervention. Be nice if anet would consider how clunky our animations are next time the feel the need for a quality of life change.

Cheers

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

in Guardian

Posted by: rajule.8054

rajule.8054

I have no problem trapping people with ring of warding. If they’re out of melee range you just start the cast animation and then immediately judges intervention to them before it finishes. If they are closer you could root with hammer 3, pop a speed boost or even dodge roll to get a few feet in front of them and then you’ll have enough time to catch them in it.

I’d be ok if you could at least move at a slow pace while casting but I’m ok without and it doesn’t need it’s own shadow step

in Guardian

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

You can easily trap players if you place your line correctly. The ring already has a number of drawbacks: high CD time, clunky animation, useless against stab and invulnerability skills.

People always complain about guard not having enough soft CCs, this is one small QoL change that would help alleviate this issue.

Also Line of Warding has a 1,200 range. That in an of itself is the balance between Hammer 5 and Staff 5.