Guardian if you have an 80 Warrior?

in Guardian

Posted by: Stripeknight.6458

Stripeknight.6458

Why make a Guardian if you have an 80 Warrior? I am just curious what advantages the Guardian class has over warriors and if there is any real advantage of making one for those that have a max level Warrior already?

Thanks!

in Guardian

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

in pve? there arent really any “advantages”, its necessity, guardians keep zerker warrios alive so they can keep dealing damage

in Guardian

Posted by: JoeyB.3509

JoeyB.3509

Just different playstyles. I leveled a Warrior to 80 before I rolled a Guard and I prefer the Guard because of its typical role within a group/zerg.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

aesthetics…

I loved my paladin in W.o.W. I loved my warrior priest in Warhammer.

So I want to love the guardian.. but I get much more enjoyment from my warrior.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

in Guardian

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

for the hints achievement?

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

Its so you can carry your entire group in fractals

in Guardian

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

In terms of WvW, guardian > warrior. You’ll own warriors 1v1 all day long.

Maid Of The Coast

in Guardian

Posted by: Lalnuir.4957

Lalnuir.4957

In terms of WvW, guardian > warrior. You’ll own warriors 1v1 all day long.

WvW isn’t only about 1v1. Warriors have their place in a group.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bond.4602

Bond.4602

Just one word – sustain

Both have their pros and cons and as such full fill different roles in a team. Guard more support/DPS and warrior more burst/control.

(I am hugely generalising here)

Skirr
37 WvW kills, R2 PvP and no legendary

in Guardian

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

Why make a Guardian if you have an 80 Warrior? I am just curious what advantages the Guardian class has over warriors and if there is any real advantage of making one for those that have a max level Warrior already?

Thanks!

warriors are too squishy for me… also if geared in toughness and vitality you will be squished most of the time… simply because you haven’t much way to restore your hp and your damage is strongly dependent from hundredblades… fail it = fail a fight … and it’s really easy to avoid.
As a guardian (and my first pg was a warrior) i can say… i can squish a lot of people… not easy as warriors… but i have more choise from my damage skills and i have too many ways to mitigate damage… to give support.. to heal… to save me and party.
The only thing i miss from warriors is the range… but hey, who need range when you can squish someone with a ballista?!

survivability > burst
burst can be avoided… survivability depends on your skill.

ps: just a fun thing, try to go face to face to a gs warrior and laugh at his 100B by using shelter (+ Might of the Protector ) … then you are a warrior (for damage comparison)
-true story

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

That’s kind of like asking if you should roll a Necromancer if you already have an Elementalist.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

Posted by: Assassin.7890

Assassin.7890

for me warrior means more action and guard means more sustanibility

in Guardian

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

I have both and i prefer warrior in pve. I’m using full berserker i don’t need any guardians to keep me alive can easily melee most bosses guess its a matter of preferences but i prefer warrior. my warrior can hit 20-40k with hb depending on mobs and my guardian hits only 3-4k with zerker gear.

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Warriors do not have to spec for damage, it’s inherent in thier makeup.

Guardians do not have to spec for support, it’s inherent in thier makeup.

Take from that what you will.

Both have sustain.

Most warriors dont’ spec sustain.

Most guardians don’t spec dps.

Both can do either.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Thanks!

I have an 80 Warrior, it was my first 80. I have 3 80 Guardians.

There are a great many advantages for Guardian in WvW, and PvP, which is what I do most of the time. On the occasion I do go into PvE my guardian manages to get almost as much damage, while having a very high survival rate. I could never solo a champion on my warrior (probably a l2p issue), but I can do that easily on my Guardian.

When I need to farm, I go on my guardian. I can Aoe farm much easier on my guardian, plus I can generally ignore anything that poses a threat while I gather resources.

For me there is very little my warrior has over my guardian. He has a group fury buff, and a slight (very slight because of my build) damage increase. That just isn’t enough, in my opinion, to overcome the advantages that my Guardian has.

I have both and i prefer warrior in pve. I’m using full berserker i don’t need any guardians to keep me alive can easily melee most bosses guess its a matter of preferences but i prefer warrior. my warrior can hit 20-40k with hb depending on mobs and my guardian hits only 3-4k with zerker gear.

How do you have your guardian built, because that’s about my AA damage.

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Yeah, Sword autoattack chain is about 10-12k buffed as a zerk guardian.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.