Guardian needs a % movement!

in Guardian

Posted by: Shatto.3524

Shatto.3524

well, i have been in pvp/wvw/pve and as i see, all classes got a % movement bonus…. when im using a close combat weapon vs a ranged class, they just run and i can’t get them cuz of low speed…
what do you think guys?

in Guardian

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I think the speed signets should be for the lighter professions. I’m not a believer in giving heavy classes speed signets, well because I always though of lighter armor and squishiers classes to be the mobile ones, where the heavy guys would be the slow moving, but deadly in terms of defense/offensive capabilites.

Also, there seems to be a lot of signet talk for all classes lately, which doesn’t entirely make sense to me, because if you give all classes speed signets, what would be the point? Everyone would still be walking the same speed, and you might now use a speed signet in combat, but speed signets are more valuable in walking time, where everyone can simply switch a utility skill out as they are out of combat.

Just my opinion

in Guardian

Posted by: Shatto.3524

Shatto.3524

ya, your opinion is good, but atleast a 10% speed, even warrior got on discipline talents: warrior sprint (runs faster wielding melee weapons)

in Guardian

Posted by: Wafflesomg.4820

Wafflesomg.4820

Convenient, yes, but hardly in line with the class I think.

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

10% speed will not help you with your problem. and i feel we got fairly enough gap closers(the best ingame actually) as well as long duration speed options.

you are right though. guardians have a general problem catching up to very mobile ranged classes if you stick to pure melee yourself

in Guardian

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

guardians dont need a % speed increasing(this is out of the main class concept), but a % slow movement against the enemy.

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

in Guardian

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

Guardian’s aren’t a “selfish” class. We have staff symbol + retreat which helps get the zerg from a to b.

My thief for example has the passive 25% movement speed trait and Shortbow #5, but I have NO group buffs except for traits that I have to sacrifice damage for.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

guardians dont need a % speed increasing(this is out of the main class concept), but a % slow movement against the enemy.

^^^^ this

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: Metaphysicist.9427

Metaphysicist.9427

Gem for +7% or just boon duration if you want to always run at Swiftness speeds.

in Guardian

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

Well on my thief I enjoy the freedom.. But miss the group support.. i guess with 20% less CD on 2h and +boon duration, bamm you got nearly perma swiftness:). And you can freely change weapon without think ohh snap used all my initiative on infitrator’s arrow..

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I don’t need to move faster. I need my opponents to move slower.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fiorrello.8126

Fiorrello.8126

giving everyone a movement speed signet kind of defeats of point of certain classes having a movement speed signet.

as far as i can determine guardian is in a pretty good place right now. if i where you i wouldn’t ask for any buffs. engineers did that and look what happened to them.

in Guardian

Posted by: Metaphysicist.9427

Metaphysicist.9427

Well once you normalize everyone’s speed to be faster.. The same issue crops up. People can’t catch anyone else or get out of fire..

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Signet ( one with imobilize/cond)…. Remove the condition damage and add an area effect movement reducer… Oh say by 15%… The fact that almost every class has a passive speed boost is ridiculous…. Anet…

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

As a class that needs to be in mele range to do optimal damage it’s necessary to stay on top of your opponent.

Guardian has a few of ways to keep up. Swiftness shouts/JI/roots/wardings.

I do agree that guard should have acess to cripple or more chill as well though… and giving ranged classes more access to mobility when they don’t need to be in mele range to deal their damage is a bit wth…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Guardian

Posted by: shaperofworlds.8759

shaperofworlds.8759

I don’t think we need a speed signet.
BUT
A lower CD on retreat would be nice.
Or keep retreat CD as is and make it so when you pop it, you cripple or freeze nearby foes.
Either of those things would turn retreat into, at least, a useable skill.

Or at least allow guardians to proc cripple or vulnerability on crits…. It only makes sense that an essentially Melee class would be able to inflict those two conditions, which we don’t atm. If I’m smashing a light armor class with my massive hammer, it would make sense for me to cripple or cause vulnerability on them in my opinion

in Guardian

Amins.3710

As much as I ~want~ a cripple / chill… and believe me, I do… I think we would become so grossly OP it wouldn’t be funny.

I do like the idea of evening the playing ground in terms of Movement Speed… or a reduction of it in some sense that balances everyone elses movement speed.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: shaperofworlds.8759

shaperofworlds.8759

Maybe give us a signet that creates a circle around the guardian, about the size of our increased symbols, and any foe’s increased movement speed is negated while the foe is in the circle

in Guardian

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Before anyone else comments. If Guardians have a reliable signet that have a decent swift uptime, then there will be balancing issues. Anet will be force to give Mesmer a speed boost too. Mesmer are a very mobile class, but they are slow of combat. In fact, Mesmer are slower than Guardians out of combat.

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Pretty sure mesmerism have a focus offhand that’s on par w/ staff…. Pretty sue their heals are on a 15s cool down and with rune of centaur have a 5s downtime per cast.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Petty sure that the focus offhand is Mesmer only swiffness skill…(Technically, chaos storm, but it is very unreliable) Pretty sure that Mirror is one of the mesmer weakest heals. I rather be stuck with retreat in a guardian than mirror in a mesmer during battle.

Rune of the centaur applies to all classes.

Btw, focus is horrible to play with if you do not trait for it.