Guardian only with spirits. Possible?

in Guardian

Posted by: kristof.7182

kristof.7182

Hello! My main is engineer.
I was thinking about rolling for guardian. I loved my ritualist in GW1 so I’m going to take spirit weapon build.
But I’ve heard that spirit weapons suck. Is it true? It’s almost 2 years after release. Is it kittened up as turrets are?

I prefer WvW and tPvP.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Spirit weapons die quickly to any kind of AOE damage. I don’t recommend them for … anything.

in Guardian

Posted by: xsquared.1926

xsquared.1926

If you want spirits you should consider rolling ranger instead, Spirit ranger is a viable spec in tpvp.

Guardian is more of a bunker class with consecrations, shouts and virtues if you want to play defensive, or triple/double meditation and 1 shout for offensive builds

Master Ruseman. Lv80 Mesmer 10/20/0/25/15
Boon Dispenser. Lv80 Guardian 15/25/0/20/10 Boom Dispenser – Lv80 Engineer 30/30/0/10/0
Chuck Thunderstruck – Lv 80 Ele 30/10/10/10/10

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

The short answer is No.

The long answer is Nooooooooooooooooooooo.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Hello! My main is engineer.
I was thinking about rolling for guardian. I loved my ritualist in GW1 so I’m going to take spirit weapon build.
But I’ve heard that spirit weapons suck. Is it true? It’s almost 2 years after release. Is it kittened up as turrets are?

I prefer WvW and tPvP.

When spirit weapons are up, the damage is amazing. Then they die and your damage is no longer amazing. They will be dead most of the time, so its not worth it.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

While Spirit Weapons aren’t the best, they are viable in pvp and wvw (if you solo roam or small scale, larger fights they just evaporate).

The hammer is easily the best spirit when it comes to pvp/wvw. It hits extremely hard and has CC potential. The sword is just straight up dps, so it’s not a bad choice either. The shield I find too unreliable, with the way Shield of Absorption procs. However it’s viable and can be used as a stunbreak. Lastly you have the bow, and it’s terrible. Horrible condition removing, and subpar healing. Never use it.

If you want to make a spirit build, it’s best to take only two spirits. Third slot can be whatever of your choosing, I’d personally go SYG or Purging Flames.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

You can only make a spirit weapon build for sPvP where the burst will get your furthur than in WvW/PvE where you’ll need some sustain.

However, I noticed that my current spirit build has started getting heavily countered and loss its former glory. One aspect of the build was using lyssa rune to go into tome for the #5 full heal, since it’ll grant you stability when you go into it but it’s since been butchered.