Guardian runes for pve and some wvw

in Guardian

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Hi. I just started playing around with my guardian and have never put runes in her gear. I am just working on world exploration and am enjoying the playstyle so looking to invest in runes for her. What would be the best overall rune if I just want 1 set to play around in- mostly pve with some wvw on occasion? I was looking at strength since I have the trait to have might all the time, but it seems like I am neglecting other things for only 7% increase in damage. Would traveler’s runes be worth it? Thanks for your time!

in Guardian

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

If you’re really just doing open world content (and not dungeons) then I suppose you could pop Traveler’s (or Speed if cost is an issue) for the speed boost.

It’s a different story in dungeons and (to some extent) WvW though. I could advise you on the dungeons bit, but not WvW.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

in Guardian

jazzllanna.1278

I have not gone to any dungeons so far. If I really like her after world completion then I would try that out. I was thinking traveler for the speed.. but if they are not going to help me after world completion not sure I want to dump that much gold into them! :p

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

If you want to go for super, extra low budget cheap, you could grab citadel runes. Gives long lasting fury with fury boosting goodness and a chance for bomb on hit. They’re like, 3 silver per. Other runes will be better, but they’ll also be much more expensive.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Lindbur.2537

Well, just as an add-on, but you are able to keep swiftness permanently up with just a staff, so if you don’t mind having to stop every so often to sit in a symbol for 5 seconds then that’s a good alternative. You could also use Retreat so you can run longer before you need to use the symbol again, at the expense of a utility slot (or emergency block).

Speed runes also grant a 25% move speed buff with their 6th bonus, but the first 5 bonuses are rather weak compared to Traveler’s, hence the lower cost.

A remnant of times past.

in Guardian

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

If you want to do group content in PVE you should always aim to use Scholar runes

in Guardian

Lindbur.2537

If you want to do group content in PVE you should always aim to use Scholar runes

Without a doubt.

A remnant of times past.

in Guardian

jazzllanna.1278

Scholar runes. Ok I will give those a shot. Thanks so much!

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Traveler’s.