Guardian the class for the "clickers"

in Guardian

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

But lets get to your quote. How about wells get massive damage buffs? Eh? Like on par with guard traps? Go ahead and respond. I’ll see to your hippocratic response.

Mesmer or Necro wells? Are we ignoring the fact that wells are ranged ground AoE while traps are melee and have to be triggered?

Not to mention, only 2 traps do decent damage, 1 of which is not used in pvp and the other only when you cross the barrier. Also both are pretty much only damage sources and have no other utility (apart from the daze trait)

Meanwhile, wells puke boons, condis and cc. And mesmer wells do pretty good damage already, it’s just that they are DoT instead of damage nukes.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Go ahead and respond. I’ll see to your hippocratic response.

This has nothing to do with helping the sick or abstaining
from administering poisons

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

He’s a necro though so it’s the opposite

in Guardian

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

But lets get to your quote. How about wells get massive damage buffs? Eh? Like on par with guard traps? Go ahead and respond. I’ll see to your hippocratic response.

Mesmer or Necro wells? Are we ignoring the fact that wells are ranged ground AoE while traps are melee and have to be triggered?

Not to mention, only 2 traps do decent damage, 1 of which is not used in pvp and the other only when you cross the barrier. Also both are pretty much only damage sources and have no other utility (apart from the daze trait)

Meanwhile, wells puke boons, condis and cc. And mesmer wells do pretty good damage already, it’s just that they are DoT instead of damage nukes.

You’re actually saying that being able to set your traps in advance, wait for them to recharge again, and still gain full effects of your first set triggers is not as good as ranged ? The damage isn’t even in the same ballpark. But continue to act like its completely fair.

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

We’ve had a Salt Lake, and we’ve had a Salt Flats, but never before have we had a Salt Waterfall until this thread.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

The problem with the DH build currently being used (it abuses symbols) is that it’s too easy to play. You don’t need a ton of skill to get really good results from playing that build. THAT’S a problem.

The OP can easily just jump on DH and do almost just as good as ANY guardian player in this thread. That’s a huge problem, and warrants a hefty nerf in my book.

What Anet needs to do is somehow figure out how to infuse a higher skill floor into DH. Look at the high skill floor classes in this game….granted there aren’t many anymore lol, BUT you have to dump serious time into learning how to play these classes at a high level. DH you do not.

in Guardian

Kuya.6495

The thing is, the symbol spam isn’t a DH buff. It’s a core guard buff.

in Guardian

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

^ anything that anet does to buff core guard will ultimately buff DH. Just one reason why Elite specs are horribly designed.

in Guardian

Azukas.1426

The thing is, the symbol spam isn’t a DH buff. It’s a core guard buff.

When you are seeing 3-6 guardians in matches there’s a problem. Stop denying it.

in Guardian

Kuya.6495

Yea, it’s called a long time favorite class finally being good again in pvp, so everyone who ever had a guardian flocks to it. plus everyone else wants to see what all the hype is all about.

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

^ anything that anet does to buff core guard will ultimately buff DH. Just one reason why Elite specs are horribly designed.

If that’s your problem, then what would you have done differently? The situation as it stands was one of the more solid options talked about in the CDI years ago.

Fishsticks

(edited by Ghotistyx.6942)

in Guardian

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

having played a DH significantly during sPvP, I can can conclude that DH pubstomps noobs that don’t know how to play the game or have a lack of knowledge on it.

DH’s get wrecked by condi necros big time, or any condi build, not to mention alot of the necros kitten is unblockable. If you put pressure on them they are going to blow every cooldown in the book. So you have to be patient, force them to use significant skills then attack when the time is right.

DH isn’t that hard to play but you can definitely tell the difference between a good and a bad one.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Guardian

Posted by: Nikachu.1475

Nikachu.1475

Season 2 & 3 > DH one of the worst pvp classes > beat people with DH > get flamed
Season 4 > DH one of the best pvp classes > beat people with DH > get flamed

This is why the pvp forum community sucks. Y’all are never happy.
I’m just glad my favourite class isn’t kitten any more.

Nica Spiritkeeper | Guardian | Aurora Glade

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Nikachu.1475, people fail to realize that is not DH alone killign them, lack of certain stats on some classes, DH/Guardian to reach pvp, can only pvp medi trapper, easilly contered by warriors and few other classes that have skill that stresses alot Guard/DH…sometimes is needed to autplay the adversary, instead of try to spam keys and expect a auto win(many players still play this game relying on high damage only).
When they loose they blame a few auto atacks blocked and trap damage, altough i would not mind trapper CD only after it get triggered, i think would be fair.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Azukas.1426

Yea, it’s called a long time favorite class finally being good again in pvp, so everyone who ever had a guardian flocks to it. plus everyone else wants to see what all the hype is all about.

No.

Stop trying to rationalize validity in your denial of the truth.

in Guardian

Azukas.1426

No.

Stop trying to rationalize validity in your denial of the truth.

I didn’t know being 100% right about something was called rationalization, but i guess when you suck at pvp and are sure it’s because dh is too op, that’s the way it goes.

Not making any claims on my skill, but speaking from my experience actually playing this class.

Thx

in Guardian

Kuya.6495

So much experience with the class that he complains that Anet needs to infuse more skill into DH when what was buffed was one handed weapons from core guard by adding symbols.

in Guardian

Azukas.1426

So much experience with the class that he complains that Anet needs to infuse more skill into DH when what was buffed was one handed weapons from core guard by adding symbols.

Again trying to validate your denial doesn’t make the truth go away. DH skill floor/ceiling is extremely low and when compared to the effectiveness to skill input screams for a change. I don’t want the effectiveness of the class nerfed. No I want the skill required to succeed to be theffective same as the high skill classes.

That isn’t a bad thing and it’s something you should be supporting as well.

in Guardian

Kuya.6495

If you’re asking for a nerf to one handed symbols to “raise the skill floor” you’re not asking for a nerf for DH specifically. You’re asking for a nerf to core guard.

Let me enlight you with some proper information since it’s clear you lack experience with the class:

The "low skill ceiling " spec is the full trapper DH spec that simply requires you to spam all your traps on a point. This used to be the only thing the short bus in the pvp forum complained about. To nerf the full trapper alls you need to do is nerf trap damage and increase utility.

(edited by Kuya.6495)

in Guardian

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

I think what probably has to go, after thinking about it a long while is Hunter’s Determination. It’s a big contributing offender of skilless play, not to mention it does too much for a passive on CC’d proc. You stunbreak, you leave a trap, that damages and dazes and gives stability. On top of that it does provide aegis up to 5 you can pick up, From what I can see it straight out denies CC openers for a long time. The trait needs to be replaced with something else.

Traps need to start cooldown on trigger. Giving them a manual activation with some added benefits like shorter cooldown, or lingering AoE damage or boons would help out a bit for compensation.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in Guardian

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

The problem with the DH build currently being used (it abuses symbols) is that it’s too easy to play. You don’t need a ton of skill to get really good results from playing that build. THAT’S a problem.

The OP can easily just jump on DH and do almost just as good as ANY guardian player in this thread. That’s a huge problem, and warrants a hefty nerf in my book.

What Anet needs to do is somehow figure out how to infuse a higher skill floor into DH. Look at the high skill floor classes in this game….granted there aren’t many anymore lol, BUT you have to dump serious time into learning how to play these classes at a high level. DH you do not.

I would say 90% of the DHs I see in sPvP do exactly what you mentioned and absolutely suck. Yes, if you have a game of full below average players DH will do well, but who gives a flying kitten or balance around how noobies perform?! Balance is done almost exclusively at high end of play. Is DH currently dominating high level of play?! They are viable, but so is every class.

And the argument about class difficulty is bullkitten. Anyone with 1K plus games in sPvP with bound keys playing any class with any build from meta battle will do well. No exceptions on any class.

in Guardian

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

I think what probably has to go, after thinking about it a long while is Hunter’s Determination. It’s a big contributing offender of skilless play, not to mention it does too much for a passive on CC’d proc. You stunbreak, you leave a trap, that damages and dazes and gives stability. On top of that it does provide aegis up to 5 you can pick up, From what I can see it straight out denies CC openers for a long time. The trait needs to be replaced with something else.

Traps need to start cooldown on trigger. Giving them a manual activation with some added benefits like shorter cooldown, or lingering AoE damage or boons would help out a bit for compensation.

I think that reducing the duration of traps from 3 minutes to 15 seconds will go along way in reducing their domination in low level of play.

If Hunter’s Determination is nerfed to lets say making the CD 60 secs, everyone will probably use Bulwark. It may not be a bad idea though. Ironically that major master is the most powerful in all of guardian lines, considering that the third skill is Zealot’s Aggression.