Guardian vs War, no comment

in Guardian

Posted by: rbbthole.9074

rbbthole.9074

I see a lot of video and from what i see this guys are two of the best player around.

please tell me your opinion, i think there is something wrong.. if this war need only an adrenaline little nerf, guardian is NOT on the kitten good spot..

my opinion U.u —-———> arenanet = Planet of the Apes

ps: forgive my horrible english <3

in Guardian

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

Nhymx is not one of the best Warriors around. Guardian, problably, he alreay did a lot of builds and a lot of them work, but none had come to meta or nearly there. He tries to avoid that I think.
Stella is a good Guardian but his build is plain out crap vs Warrior. It relies too much on Symbol damage IMO and those are realy easy to avoid in WvW. Any decent player should know how to avoid them and with that out Mace goes with 1 skill to do damage which is #3, and I say this because AA is so slow and its damage its not that great that it should only be used while swap is on CD. This is why Sword or Scepter are better for WvW. Mace/Focus & GS can work nicely for Medi in sPvP, but since both used their WvW builds and battled in open spaces where they can simulate the “areas” of WvW, Stella was bound to lose from the beginning.

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in Guardian

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

That and the fact that he took all the hammer stuns right when the video started. Meditation guards usually have an easier time against berserker classes, especially warriors, than other damage dealers.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Warrior is fairly easy to beat as guard. You just have to manage your blinds and blocks correctly, which I didn’t see.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Might be a stupid question, but what keeps proccing the 4 confusion stacks on the guard?

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

There’s a warrior trait in the strenght traitline adding 4 confusion stacks on interrupt:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Distracting_Strikes

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Thanks for the info, wasn’t aware. I don’t know what to say about that trait either

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

if there really are 4 confusion stacks on the guard sometimes then that should be the master (4 points) trait in strength of the warrior, where he applies 4 stacks of confusion on interrupt
if you want to see the best players around watch the weekly ESL, top teams are for example cheese mode, 55hp monks, ctg (i think its ctg right?)

ah yeah btw, going after the gw2 all star tourni (i think it was called) the best warrior = ROM, thief = sizer, guardian = tage, mesmer = helseth, ele = denshee

PvP, Teef & Engi

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

if you want to see the best players around watch the weekly ESL, top teams are for example cheese mode, 55hp monks, ctg (i think its ctg right?)

Where can i view these tournaments please?
thx

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

“Unity Jebro” (youtube) usually uploads the ESL-cups after they streamed them on twitch (normally moderated/commented by Chronickgamer and Unity Jebro)
to get their twitch i’d reccomend just checking them out on youtube, i stick to the ESL vids jebro uploads though

PvP, Teef & Engi

in Guardian

Posted by: Michaeas Magister.1589

Michaeas Magister.1589

It’s actually just a good example of the one real weakness/flaw with the Guardian. That is the only thing easier to kite than a Guardian, is an actual kite.

Several times Stella almost had the fights only to watch Nhymx move out of range and stay out of range long enough to reset his cooldowns with the superior mobility the Warrior enjoys. At least Stella was fighting another melee spec. It would have been even more one-sided versus a ranged spec.

However, Stella was a nuisance and that is exactly the standpoint the developers have as far as the Guardian’s role is concerned. See: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/How-to-be-a-nuisance/first#post4357218

Thanks.

It’s as I have always said,
“You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick,
than you can with merely a kind word.”

in Guardian

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

I see a lot of video and from what i see this guys are two of the best player around.

please tell me your opinion, i think there is something wrong.. if this war need only an adrenaline little nerf, guardian is NOT on the kitten good spot..

my opinion U.u —-———> arenanet = Planet of the Apes

ps: forgive my horrible english <3

so this why they nerfed the 100b and adrenaline ?

my opinion is that the problem is not the warrior skills but the guardian was predictable med build and warrior knew what to do against him and what guard will do …..

i have killed many full legendary / ascended guardians with my full exotic warrior in 1 vs 1 in wvw ( and with battle standard not used ) because i know med guardians . he was my first character and most played … i know the advantages and the weaknesses of guards and the main weak of guards is the low overall stats against warriors and without stability is a real stun-eater !

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in Guardian

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Funny, Warriors can’t handle Condi guard or Medi guard but because they can handle symbol guard, Guardians are officially in need of help?

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Funny, Warriors can’t handle Condi guard or Medi guard but because they can handle symbol guard, Guardians are officially in need of help?

A warrior can handle a condi guard? yet hey can handle heavy condi spammers.. you must have fighting really bad warriors.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

A warrior can handle a condi guard? yet hey can handle heavy condi spammers.. you must have fighting really bad warriors.

Guardian has a lot of things that the other classes do not. Blinds, Aegis and Stability. It’s the same reason why Medi Guard can beat Warriors.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Guardian has a lot of things that the other classes do not. Blinds, Aegis and Stability. It’s the same reason why Medi Guard can beat Warriors.

Aegis is actually of very little use in pvp due to the fact it only blocks one hit which tends to be AA hits.

Blinds are useful vs some specs, mainly extremely slow hitting ones. Vs fast attacks it’s useless though unless their going to do a well telegraphed attack.

Stability, well your right it is quite nice. It does give us an edge against the countless Hambow warriors.

in Guardian

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Overall I was quite surprised by the nerfs warrior got in the upcoming patch.

The hundred blades skill was quite avoidable.

If anything on the greatsword needed a nerf it is whirlwind & rush. & by nerf I mean making them require a target which they move you towards.
As is they can be abused to run away from fights to reset CD’s or fights completely.

in Guardian

Ragnar the Rock.3174

As for DPS guardians, when it comes down to it the thing they need the most is a reliable way to slow down enemies to keep them in range.

If they would simply add a 3 second cripple to the sword #2 & greatsword #3 they would be fine.

in Guardian

Spartacus.3192

With the changes to adrenaline coming for warriors does that mean if a guardian blocks a warrior attack, the warrior loses adrenaline (after the new patch due this month). Will that not make it a more interesting fight between guardians and Warriors?

in Guardian

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

With the changes to adrenaline coming for warriors does that mean if a guardian blocks a warrior attack, the warrior loses adrenaline (after the new patch due this month). Will that not make it a more interesting fight between guardians and Warriors?

by total destroying skilled player tools the “fantastic” QA team of anet , they are destroying any will from skilled players to stay in game.

seriously question to QA team , not you spartacus .

the cleansing ire was the problem , the adrenaline or the first damages of 100b on warriors or the build of meditation that makes guardian a stun-eater ?

i am sure you have no clue what is wrong in-game skills /traits and you are doing wrong changes to every class . for the record PU mesmers still laugh with the changes on mesmers , as power thieves laughed in the past on the changes in ferocity

back on topic to guardians . the mediation build even with 72 seconds renew focus will have 72 seconds to eat as many stuns a warrior will deliver to him. he will be dead again from a skilled hammer warrior in the first 72 seconds …

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in Guardian

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

Not sure what the issue is here. Guardian played with a bad build vs a warrior, didn’t mitigate damage and ate a ton of damage, and failed to land substantial damage on his opponent since. Not that impressive nor a point and case example of “nerf xxx or buff xxx.” Sorry…

in Guardian

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

if there really are 4 confusion stacks on the guard sometimes then that should be the master (4 points) trait in strength of the warrior, where he applies 4 stacks of confusion on interrupt

ah yeah btw, going after the gw2 all star tourni (i think it was called) the best warrior = ROM, thief = sizer, guardian = tage, mesmer = helseth, ele = denshee

Easy fella
Tage best Guardian? Best bunker Guardian yes it is. This is about Medi Guardians so far and he is not one of them I think (never actually saw him play it serious, only is some solo q in Stream, but since NA meta doesn’t use bunker Guardian too much ther must be some Guardian that play Medi better than Tage)

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in Guardian

Posted by: AGGabriel.9230

AGGabriel.9230

I begin to cry each time i see the vid , seeing the guard so easily stomp easily put down by ore lost weapon (hammer)

in Guardian

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

I’m sorry but these arnt “the best” players by a long shot. Mediocre at best, random dodges, misuse of skills, easily getting hit by earth shaker. Both running mediocre builds, the guard could have run any number of changes to his build and beat the warrior. Too much break time between bursts, the guard could have won a couple times by supplying continual pressure but instead allows the war to stall gaining health back through heal sig.
Then summed it all up with: “why doesn’t your health drop?”
“Wvw build, mad regen.” Seriously? It’s healing sig and adrenal health with 4-6 deep in defenses just like any other warrior runs in this game.
Sorry there’s nothing to judge here and with the upcoming adrenalin nerf it will be even easier to kill warriors, trust me.

Säïnt

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

by total destroying skilled player tools the “fantastic” QA team of anet , they are destroying any will from skilled players to stay in game.

Who pays more? Skilled or unskilled?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Guardian

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

I’m sorry but these arnt “the best” players by a long shot. Mediocre at best, random dodges, misuse of skills, easily getting hit by earth shaker. Both running mediocre builds, the guard could have run any number of changes to his build and beat the warrior. Too much break time between bursts, the guard could have won a couple times by supplying continual pressure but instead allows the war to stall gaining health back through heal sig.
Then summed it all up with: “why doesn’t your health drop?”
“Wvw build, mad regen.” Seriously? It’s healing sig and adrenal health with 4-6 deep in defenses just like any other warrior runs in this game.
Sorry there’s nothing to judge here and with the upcoming adrenalin nerf it will be even easier to kill warriors, trust me.

Bullet Punch

in Guardian

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

I’m sorry but these arnt “the best” players by a long shot. Mediocre at best, random dodges, misuse of skills, easily getting hit by earth shaker. Both running mediocre builds, the guard could have run any number of changes to his build and beat the warrior. Too much break time between bursts, the guard could have won a couple times by supplying continual pressure but instead allows the war to stall gaining health back through heal sig. . . . .

Pretty much this.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in Guardian

Posted by: thatcrazyasianguy.8371

thatcrazyasianguy.8371

Yeah, Stella could have won if he swapped out smite conditon with SYG and mace for scepter. Access to stability and with the ability to apply constant pressure would have given Stella the edge he needed. Now, if we could get one of the other regulars on this forum to face off this warr, it’d be interesting to see how strong their kungfu with the guardian is lol.

(edited by thatcrazyasianguy.8371)

in Guardian

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

Neither Stella nor Nhymx is what I would consider masters of their class, but honestly Stella was heavily outplayed. If anything I think Stella is just a skill spammer. She lacks the ability to mentally outplay Nhymx and she can’t dodge any of warriors moves consistently. A good medi guard never loses to warrior. NEVER. Obviously for much if the community it may be an issue fighting warriors, but really its just something yu need to learn. Learning to fight warriors will help you fight every class. Really.

-Teef Teef Teef Teef Top Tier Thief NA

Edit: What Saint Snow said

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

I’d take a shot at a few duels between one of these two, I’m confident in my dueling abilities :>. Just out of experience with both classes and they way he played, he plays like a lot of other warriors I see roaming around in wvW. The only warriors that prove difficult in beating is a M/Sh GS build(wp’d), and Axe/Sword LB Celestial build.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

I see a lot of money needs to be where mouth is

in Guardian

Posted by: TrOtskY.5927

TrOtskY.5927

take energy sigil, cos it makes playing against hammer hilariously easy, take sword, cos mace is truly terrible for 1v1. Mace 3 is impossible to hit on anybody with any sense. It’s actually more than possible for a player with swiftness to attack the guard as he runs through him when the guard is readying mace 3, not even dodge and just run beyond the counter-attack distance before it can even connect. Nothing quite says “kite me plz im slow” like mace. This can be seen at 13 mins in the video, where the guard is just kited endlessly while the warrior regens. Sword 2 ends this kind of nonsense.

Warrior will barely be able to touch you if you have all that evade and blind access. Simply open the fight with a blind, start putting on pressure, wait for them to exhaust endurance, THEN go into GS5+JI combo and land a full burst. Another tip to increase your sustain is to exhaust his dodge, Focus 4 from a distance then Sword 2 or JI as it lands. The ray will bounce back and forth doing decent damage and giving your a solid block of regen, and even cure a couple of conditions. It’s these minor plays that I am not seeing in this video that show the difference between a top med guard and a decent med guard.

Only a really good warrior who can capably kite with longbow can really do much to a guard. A pure melee set up should never really be beating a guardian.

(edited by TrOtskY.5927)

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Mace 3 is not hard to land its just hard to land in a duel. Scepter would be better for a duel as somene said.

Guardian is better when the fights start to involve groups.

Anet does not balance around 1v1.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

Oh my god that warrior and guardian are SO bad wtf. This is considered top play?

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Oh my god that warrior and guardian are SO bad wtf. This is considered top play?

No this isn’t considered top play, they are just both youtubers, so some people might considered them “top” players.

If you want to watch top players, watch ESL and all the major tourneys.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

This is what happens when it’s perma swiftness vs no swiftness. Like he mentioned, you can completely control a fight with a 33% mobility advantage and an abundance of gap closers. He just kept kiting him while recovering with HS and adrenal health.

And that’s why I opt for sw/f and runes of the pack. Especially in an off point 1v1.

in Guardian

Spartacus.3192

So im fairly new to the game. I have a level 47 Guardian (my main). Well 2 days ago i levelled a warrior to level 7. Then went to hotjoin as a Hambow (i had never used a long bow in pve on my war, so first time using those skills were in arena). Well it was like night and day. The skill floor for hambow is so freaking low its in the basement. I was killing players and lasting way longer than my med guard ever did and i have many matches of experience on my guard.

Guardian is still my fav for pve and very satisfying when i manage to kill someone in arena but i gotta say the Pew Pew of a hambow warrior in arena is just plain ridiculous.