Guardians, PLEASE AUTOATTACK

in Guardian

Posted by: Teamkiller.4315

Teamkiller.4315

Autoattack has no cooldown and does pretty high dps when you consider our other skills on all the weapons. Why is it I see so many guardians not autoattacking except with maybe staff or scepter. Really now -_-. In duels a lot of guardians simply wait around doing absolutely nothing for their #2 skill on the hammer or greatsword…

in Guardian

Posted by: Flintbrow.7985

Flintbrow.7985

I do it!….when I can’t do anything else.

Neenu Waffler-Warrior for what once was the Toast-

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Is this really a thing?

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Guardian

Posted by: Kharel Arhew.1437

Kharel Arhew.1437

I’ve actually seen this in fellow guardians in many cases, and it’s kind of sickening. Guardian autoattacks (especially with our most popular weapons) are actually quite powerful, and often provide amazing bonus effects. Seeing a greatsword autoattack crit for 2k is by no means uncommon, and you can get several of them off between whirling wrath autoattacks!

The greatsword’s third strike gives you might (up to 3 stacks depending on how many targets you hit). The hammer gives you protection on the third strike. The mace heals you on the third strike. The sword procs burning from VoJ at least once on every autoattack chain, and has the highest autoattack damage of any weapon in the Guardian arsenal (single-target). Scepter has the highest single-target ranged damage of any ranged weapon in the game, according to a dev, but many of those projectiles won’t land… So, you’d better spew as many of them out as you can while you’re waiting on other cooldowns. The staff has an amazing cone autoattack with more multi-target damage potential than many other classes’ melee weapons.

There’s really no reason not to autoattack every single moment you’re not doing something else.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Is this really a thing?

+1? with you on this.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: ZXfrigginC.2357

ZXfrigginC.2357

The problem about auto-attacking occurs out of a need to push buttons. I get really disappointed that my autoattack is better than my GS Whirlwind (want to switch to 1h sword, but still need the torch), but I push that god kitten button anyway, out of a natural need to push buttons.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I’m lost … are there actually people out there playing Guardians that do NOT have any attack on autoattack? Can anyone think of any reason NOT to have an autoattack?

in Guardian

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I’ll autoattack a boss with my hammer but it does make for a pretty boring fight. Though if I’m trying to burst something down, kitten straight I’m smashing all my buttons (well it’s more controlled than that, but i’m not just auto attacking since I get better DPS when I fire my skills).

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Is this really a thing?

+1,,,,,,,,,,,

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Is this really a thing?

I’ve never heard of this either.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Yeah this is news to me too lol….can’t say I’ve never seen this happen before. Now Guardians autoattacking with a staff in a 1v1? See that kitten all the time, and man are they easy kills lol.

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

hmm. lol.

now i’ll have to find those that only 2, 3, 4 and 5.

not to go off track, is there a viable 1v1 build with staff?

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

Two different subjects in this thread.

Subject A, The autoattack, skill 1, and that some dont use it.

Subject B, Setting an attack to auto when in range.

Subject A, there are always people that hasnt got the skill and timing to hit with the chain on melee weapons and subsequently adjust their gameplay to suit their level of skill. This is what i believe OP is adressing and its not worth a thread tbh.

Subject B, using autoattack on a skill (most common on skill 1) actually has drawbacks. Not so much in pve but the impact can be severe in pvp. I wont tell you what because as long as people use autoattack on skill one and dont understand the drawback in melee melee primarily, i win more fights.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Now Guardians autoattacking with a staff in a 1v1? See that kitten all the time, and man are they easy kills lol.

I can see where this would be a problem. People switch over to staff to get #4 off and then are stuck with the staff until the swap cooldown is gone. It’s one of the reasons I don’t use staff too often.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Guardian

Posted by: Alfred Nobel.2914

Alfred Nobel.2914

Autoattack+confusion=win

in Guardian

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

Now Guardians autoattacking with a staff in a 1v1? See that kitten all the time, and man are they easy kills lol.

I can see where this would be a problem. People switch over to staff to get #4 off and then are stuck with the staff until the swap cooldown is gone. It’s one of the reasons I don’t use staff too often.

Using 2 on the staff would actually have a higher single target damage return.

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/

in Guardian

Posted by: Jarvis.9540

Jarvis.9540

Completely agree with the OP, and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD… Guardians start wearing armor and push F to loot every now and then. Breathing also helps you keep from passing out at your keyboard.

in Guardian

Christos de Soufre.3802

And move your legs every now and then. Don’t sit on them. That kills you.

in Guardian

akamon.2769

that moment when you fall off the chair cause both legs are numbbbbbbed.

don’t forget to consume H2O either! though that then introduces the need for taking bathroom breaks.

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

don’t forget to consume H2O either! though that then introduces the need for taking bathroom breaks.

This is getting too complicated, I can’t fit all these things in my head!

in Guardian

Christos de Soufre.3802

Breathe, Jax! Breathe.

in Guardian

akamon.2769

“Stand your ground!”
(full Soldier Runes equipped and Pure of Voice traited.)

feel better now?

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

This is getting too complicated, I can’t fit all these things in my head!

Directions unclear; pulled a Bear Grylls.

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

“Stand your ground!”
(full Soldier Runes equipped and Pure of Voice traited.)

feel better now?

If that doesnt help nothing will.

Numb legs and dizziness removed and numbness converted in to Powerade. Great initiative.

Lets hope he isnt at a LAN-party so he pulls condition from 5 gamers around him.

in Guardian

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

This post marks the end of skillful players.

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

in Guardian

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

Isn’t autoattack the worst thing a guard can do?

I mean, lets say you are GS, you #3 in, #2, and dodge away before you get hit!

In the world of 8k hits, you can’t just stand there pressing #1

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

in Guardian

Posted by: Laceration.4290

Laceration.4290

What about after youve dodged those 8k hits? Run around waiting for skills to come off cd or autoattack the enemy? Hmm tough choice :P

Dr Laceration [AiD]
YouTube?

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Using 2 on the staff would actually have a higher single target damage return.

So you just sit around waiting for #2 cool down to finish? Sure it’s quick, but you can also get a few #1’s in there. O.o

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

Lets hope he isnt at a LAN-party so he pulls condition from 5 gamers around him.

breaks out the clearasil just incase

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

foofad.5162

Isn’t autoattack the worst thing a guard can do?

I mean, lets say you are GS, you #3 in, #2, and dodge away before you get hit!

In the world of 8k hits, you can’t just stand there pressing #1

And after you come out of the dodge, you just… sit there? What? :l

Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

Dodge out of range, then immediately start whirling wrath – I would expect 1 or 2 of the bolts to hit at least!

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Dodge out of range, then immediately start whirling wrath – I would expect 1 or 2 of the bolts to hit at least!

You can hit WW, dodge, and then immediately hit WW again!? Wow, I never knew dodge reset WW cd!

O.o

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

You can hit WW, dodge, and then immediately hit WW again!? Wow, I never knew dodge reset WW cd!

O.o

no no dodge first then WW ( but only once you’re at 600 range at least darnit! )

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

O.o

no no dodge first then WW ( but only once you’re at 600 range at least darnit! )

That was just playful sarcasm btw in case you couldn’t tell.

in Guardian

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

what is this… I don’t even…

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

in Guardian

Posted by: Sheriff.9128

Sheriff.9128

Problem with auto-attacking is confusion/retal, which could cause you to burn a couple cool downs if you aren’t careful.

r42 Guardian for Honor Police [hP]

in Guardian

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Is this even a thing? PUGs not using autoattack in PvE?

Wow…. Worst part, is I’ve seen this happen and I thought it was just the 1 guy.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

Problem with auto-attacking is confusion/retal, which could cause you to burn a couple cool downs if you aren’t careful.

Although it’s always worth it for the vigor (unless you have 3+ confusion stacks or would die from it).

in Guardian

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

Autoattack has no cooldown and does pretty high dps when you consider our other skills on all the weapons. Why is it I see so many guardians not autoattacking except with maybe staff or scepter. Really now -_-. In duels a lot of guardians simply wait around doing absolutely nothing for their #2 skill on the hammer or greatsword…

You must be on a higher tier where individual skill has been forgotten about.

EDIT: since gw2 players are mostly oversensitive, this isn’t an insult, just an observation.

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

in Guardian

Posted by: kenzuro.1073

kenzuro.1073

Who doenst auto-attack LOL?

Asiimar
Guardian of The Acolytes
www.acolytesgamingcommunity.com

in Guardian

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

wait…what? there are people who don’t autoattack?

what?

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

in Guardian

Posted by: ChuckUFarley.1637

ChuckUFarley.1637

I run around with fireworks on autoattack

in Guardian

foofad.5162

EDIT: since gw2 players are mostly oversensitive, this isn’t an insult, just an observation.

It is a pretty vague insult if you don’t actually explain what your reasoning is. You basically just told him he swims in the kiddie end of the pool without explaining the difference between that and the other side. It’s very arrogant sounding.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

It is a pretty vague insult if you don’t actually explain what your reasoning is. You basically just told him he swims in the kiddie end of the pool without explaining the difference between that and the other side. It’s very arrogant sounding.

Yeah…. apparently higher tier = less skill now? Dueling is dueling, don’t get what being in a certain tier has to do with anything.

Also… who the hell is having issues with auto-attack, I seriously can’t understand how this thread was birthed in the first place!

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

I will never auto attack now.

If this wasnt a thing before, we should totally make it one

Mwahahahaha!

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET