Guardians and Ascended weapons

in Guardian

Posted by: Aven.7295

Aven.7295

Greetings all you guardian crafters! So as we all know ascended weapons are comming out. I figured we can start a fun little conversation on who is excited for it and what weapons you guys will be crafting first.

I personaly will be aiming to craft myself a greatsword right off the bat and then will aim for a hammer. How about you guys?

Aven Scorchfield, lvl 80 Guardian
Server: Maguma
Guild: Judgement [Eye]

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Nothing, i played the trader extensively since release so i have two legendarys and those fulfill my needs. Stat swap ftw.

in Guardian

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

For WvW? Staff
For PvE? GS

in Guardian

Posted by: Kelnis.1829

Kelnis.1829

I have greatsword covered with a legendary. My other weapons are primarily scepter/sword + focus. It will be one of those three things. Probably scepter first, then sword, then focus. I’ll build up the rest of my arsenal slowly.

in Guardian

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Hammer legendary here, that’s set – if i’d have to say i think going for Sword as first.

Then Staff, Scepter, and the the rest following.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Guardian

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Not particularly excited about it. It’ll probably add what 10 to each stat over an exotic? I don’t see what there is to be excited about, unless the skin on them is awesome or something.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kelnis.1829

Kelnis.1829

The damage range on the weapons should increase by 5%~ which is the largest, and most exciting part to look forward to.

in Guardian

Posted by: Pleurodesed.7625

Pleurodesed.7625

First hammer and then staff.
But what I really want right now is the new armor.

in Guardian

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

Mace, I’ve been looking for a good looking mace for a long time. Got Sunrise/Juggernaut/Bolt for other specs/builds

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

None actually. In fact, depending on your stance this is actually a deal breaker for me. Zerg warfare it won’t matter stat for stat because you hide behind the numbers.

However, for any small group or solo player, the overall total stat of those who have vs. those who have not, well, will be noticeable I feel. So wish A.net had a pair of brass you know what and stopped the gear addition back when the mega thread in General generally said we’ll pass on it…

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Well I already have GS, hammer, mace, and torch covered. Sword will probably the first ascend weapon I try to get. Since I use it extensively now.

Overall I’m not to worried about stats, I’ll get them when I get them. In zergs it won’t matter, and in small group skill will still carry you.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

Skill and build > gear any day of the week. Your a bad pvp’er if you think gear carries in this game lol.

in Guardian

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

For WvW? Staff
For PvE? GS

You use staff to do damage in WvW?

in Guardian

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

For WvW? Staff
For PvE? GS

You use staff for a multitude of reasons…tagging is a large part, healing, might building, line of warding, etc. – do you actually play WvW or simply roam with your zerker guardian? ^^

in Guardian

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

For WvW? Staff
For PvE? GS

You use staff for a multitude of reasons…tagging is a large part, healing, might building, line of warding, etc. – do you actually play WvW or simply roam with your zerker guardian? ^^

Unless you’re going after an staff with healing power there is no reason to go after it before other weapons, tagging shouldn’t be top priority unless you run inside your fluffy and comfy zerg 24/7 (and if you’re in a zerg, you might as well run with an green staff), empower and symbol of swiftness have no scaling aside from boon duration and line of warding doesn’t scale with anything at all.
I think his question is pretty valid.

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Skill and build > gear any day of the week. Your a bad pvp’er if you think gear carries in this game lol.

I don’t think anyone said gear carries in this game. However, I’ve yet to see anyone out in WvW naked and PvP’ing. Point being, the combined stats will make a difference for those roaming. Just how big of a majority that is is anyone’s guess.

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I don’t think anyone said gear carries in this game. However, I’ve yet to see anyone out in WvW naked and PvP’ing. Point being, the combined stats will make a difference for those roaming. Just how big of a majority that is is anyone’s guess.

It’s not going to make a difference until more ascend gear is released. That’s one thing I like that Anet did, they released them in parts. First trinkets, now weapons, then later armor. It’s not like they just released it all at once and said lol.

They’re giving everyone an equal chance to stay on the same level. Once people are walking around in full ascend then there will probably be a gear gap between full ascend and full exotic. Even if you do run into someone with full ascend you should have a few pieces too, so it won’t be huge.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

Unless you’re going after an staff with healing power there is no reason to go after it before other weapons, tagging shouldn’t be top priority unless you run inside your fluffy and comfy zerg 24/7 (and if you’re in a zerg, you might as well run with an green staff), empower and symbol of swiftness have no scaling aside from boon duration and line of warding doesn’t scale with anything at all.
I think his question is pretty valid.

First off, there are distinct step-ups for either roaming or playing within them alleged “fluffy and comfy” zergs, Oxxy. Given the vast majority of the WvW population of any server plays within the confines of a guild or guild +pug zerg (which then begs the question of what or how do you define a “zerg”), the question was ludicrous as it relates to a support guardian, again, given most guardians within WvW are SUPPORT GUARDIAN’s using staff + GS, staff + hammer, staff + mace/shield or the oh so few support guardians that play GS and hammer or hammer + mace/shield. See the common theme here, Oxxy? Staff use….. =.=

(edited by Rigel.3092)

in Guardian

Yaki.9563

For WvW? Staff
For PvE? GS

My point is if you’re not using it as a DPS source then it’s almost pointless to upgrade that item first. None of what you said is at all dependent upon the weapon damage.

in Guardian

Yaki.9563

It’s not going to make a difference until more ascend gear is released. That’s one thing I like that Anet did, they released them in parts. First trinkets, now weapons, then later armor. It’s not like they just released it all at once and said lol.

The problem is that weapons have an extra stat that directly scales damage independently of other stats. A person with only ascended weapon will do nearly as much damage as someone with exotic weapon and ascended gear in every other slot, including armor. ANet goofed on their combat formulas and stuck themselves with this situation. Unfortunate, really.

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Yup, pretty much.

However, they can fix it rather quickly. Just treat WvW like they do S/T PvP and be done with the whole thing.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

hammer then staff for me.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Guardian

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

So will 500 weaponsmithing be required to make these or will they be tradeable?

Maid Of The Coast

in Guardian

Posted by: Kasei.8726

Kasei.8726

None, I’ll probably stay with my exotics forever unless an Ascended just lands on my lap, or if I can eventually buy them with badges.

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Already have Sunrise. Will be doing a sword and focus first. Probably focus first since sword and mace get swapped around a lot for me. And then I’ll need to do a staff and hammer and shield.. Then again, maybe I’ll do staff first since I do a LOT of group play lately.

Argh, decisions!

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Guardian

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

just gs..which is a dumb decision because i’ll be making the new legendary gs whenever it is released….

my other swap is covered unless i ever give up the shield(never)

in Guardian

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I’ll be rushing to get a Greatsword right off the bat, but after that I’ll be going for a Scepter and a Shield.

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

For WvW? Staff
For PvE? GS

My point is if you’re not using it as a DPS source then it’s almost pointless to upgrade that item first. None of what you said is at all dependent upon the weapon damage.

Healing power, boon duration, vitality, toughness boosts via stats. Ascended weapons have higher ones. In a large fight you may be in staff for a bit. Come to think about it I have no idea why my staff has zerker stats. :S

This is wvw we’re talking about not zerker zerker only pve land.

As for me, most likely GS for general use and then scepter.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Guardian

Posted by: chaplain.9261

chaplain.9261

With the new changes, they actually make legendaries worth crafting with not only the stat boost but also the versatility. So I am deciding between either one of the the greatswords or the hammer.

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

lol @ the people who think zerg = bad….. regardless, the staff is a great weapon anyways. but i do agree with the fact that with ascended, i am going for DPS. and my exotic staff, atm, more than serves its purposes when i pick it up.

have hammer and sword covered. most likely GS first. and the rest, well, depends on how they look.. hmm.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

lol @ the people who think zerg = bad….. regardless, the staff is a great weapon anyways. but i do agree with the fact that with ascended, i am going for DPS. and my exotic staff, atm, more than serves its purposes when i pick it up.

have hammer and sword covered. most likely GS first. and the rest, well, depends on how they look.. hmm.

Very true, when im mad i used to change to zerk/valk gear 2k 3k with first staff skill in AOE is pure win.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

I have Twilight, so that’s GS covered. I’ll probably go for Staff first then sword/focus. Not gonna bother with scepter since ranged weapons are kitten mode.

elite specs ruined pvp.