Guardians get a knew Aura (basically)

in Guardian

Posted by: Abe Kleine.3568

Abe Kleine.3568

Profession Skills
General
New Aura: Light Aura
Gain 2 seconds of retaliation when struck. (Cooldown: 1 second)
Apply 8 seconds of vulnerability when struck.
Light Field:
Leaping through a light field now grants 5 seconds of light aura.

Now GS 4+3 gives us an aura instead of just retaliation

And the duration can be further increased by using the new rune set

Superior Rune of Radiance:
+25 Vitality
When you receive an aura, you gain 5 seconds of swiftness.
+50 Vitality
When you use a heal skill, you gain 4 seconds of light aura.
+100 Vitality
The duration of auras you apply are increased by 33%.

Since guardians can make the most lightfields out of any other profession in the game I’m guessing that this was targeted towards guardians over other professions. Made more obvious by the swiftness that is gained when using the rune set. What are fellow guardians thoughts on this?

in Guardian

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

Well the aura is pretty much as useless as the lightfield+leap combo was before but it looks kinda cool so I can’t complain.

Bullet Punch

in Guardian

Posted by: Hostility.4961

Hostility.4961

Too early to tell. Works only with gs. Gives more retaliation source and vulnerability without traits. Could be nice offensively if the enemy smacks you fast you could stack 5-10% more dmg on them. Nothing mindblowing. Not something we desperately needed. There are better runes if u want swiftness.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

Slightly more useful and gives us an extra source of Vulnerability. I approve.

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Too early to tell. Works only with gs. Gives more retaliation source and vulnerability without traits. Could be nice offensively if the enemy smacks you fast you could stack 5-10% more dmg on them. Nothing mindblowing. Not something we desperately needed. There are better runes if u want swiftness.

This more or less.

Also should take into consideration that leaping through a light field will not longer proc altruistic healing.

That being said the new aura is pretty nice and if your using a hammer in PVE content it can be pretty much abused by allies.
Did a dungeon tonight with a thief in the party and he had the aura up 24/7.

Now if only we had a reason to want to use mace/hammer in PvP, we could give out that aura all the time.

in Guardian

Posted by: Abe Kleine.3568

Abe Kleine.3568

This more or less.

Also should take into consideration that leaping through a light field will not longer proc altruistic healing.

That being said the new aura is pretty nice and if your using a hammer in PVE content it can be pretty much abused by allies.
Did a dungeon tonight with a thief in the party and he had the aura up 24/7.

Now if only we had a reason to want to use mace/hammer in PvP, we could give out that aura all the time.

Until they made hammer skill 1 faster I don’t think anyone is going to want to use it

in Guardian

Posted by: Dezuel.4519

Dezuel.4519

I’ve been using the 4+3 quite alot prior to this change, it made you get like 9 seconds of retaliation. (At least with the build I was using). In comparison, you’d get this aura, which would give 10 seconds (without matters of build, runes and so forth involved) and also applying vulnerability. So this is a minor buff for us, and the effect looks pretty neat in my opinion.

“With these wings of fiery destruction, I shall smash everything into dust!”

in Guardian

Posted by: Esreyr.6304

Esreyr.6304

Question about the application of Retal and Vulnerability.
If an enemy smacks you and you have Light Aura active and no other boons which happens:

1. Enemy does damage to you – procs Light Aura.
2. Light Aura procs, Enemy continues attack, causing dmg to you and retal to themselves.

(edited by Esreyr.6304)

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

The problem I see with this aura is its hard to utilize it as a guard since our leap is a blind, so you’re negating the value of the on-hit.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lytalm.5673

Lytalm.5673

I’d like if blasting a light field would give aoe of the aura, it would prove a bit better. Yet, I don’t feel I’ll use actively light aura very much on purpose.

Les Pirates du Styx [xQcx]
Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

^Agreed. 3 seconds of AoE retaliation is really awful to me.