Guardians in Dungeon Runs

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

You’re both arguing semantics, it’s never going to reach a conclusion.

Agreed, but it’s the lack of acceptance that’s the most offensive here. Does anyone seriously think that they are going to ‘fix’ the problem with casuals? When someone says other people are bad because they don’t play a certain way, they aren’t doing it to ‘help people out’. It’s a thinly veiled insult solely for the reason to insult others. Do we need that?

Then who is bad?

Why does it matter … no, SERIOUSLY. Make teams with people that share YOUR game values and it won’t matter who is bad and who isn’t. Just play your game, ignore the people that don’t align with what you value when you play. It is literally THAT simple.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Oh look at you deflecting from the point again.

You just can’t admit that people who don’t understand the game are bad.

“They’re just different!”

Sure, ok, and when I used to range bosses, that was me being “different”, not bad or anything, no not at all.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

It doesn’t serve a purpose to do so. Here is an example of the difference between a discussion and an argument. You argue because you don’t understand (or care to understand) what people are saying. If you wanted to have a real discussion and try to be convincing, you would have seen my point is that gaming values is what drives someone to play a certain way. What a player values doesn’t predispose them as ‘good’ or ‘bad’ players.

To be more specific; even if a player understands you get the most damage from zerkers doesn’t mean that the values they have will automatically dictate they use it. As I already stated, … if other players do a proper job to find and team others that share their values, then they will have no reason to complain about the ones that don’t.

People that have different ideas than you will always exist and their will always be alot of them. The responsibility is on YOU to avoid them if they are so misaligned to your own way of playing the game. There good? There bad? Completely academic and irrelevant. The difference is that you decide to label them for your own personal agenda.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Then who is bad?

Why does it matter … no, SERIOUSLY. Make teams with people that share YOUR game values and it won’t matter who is bad and who isn’t. Just play your game, ignore the people that don’t align with what you value when you play. It is literally THAT simple.

You haven’t answered my question.

Or you’re pretending that everybody is a great player – just that some doesn’t share my idea of DG running and thus play with horrible builds and gear and facetank everything and dies every single boss swing?

(And no, that isn’t summed in “They’re not skipping/stacking/using full zerk”.
There’s a difference in “non min/maxed” playing and “simply and downright bad” playing.
Get it.)

Again, enlightend us.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Guardian

colesy.8490

boring QQ

still waiting for you to admit it and not ramble on about play how you want

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

Then who is bad?

You haven’t answered my question.

Or you’re pretending that everybody is a great player – just that some doesn’t share my idea of DG running and thus play with horrible builds and gear and facetank everything and dies every single boss swing?

(And no, that isn’t summed in “They’re not skipping/stacking/using full zerk”.
There’s a difference in “non min/maxed” playing and “simply and downright bad” playing.
Get it.)

Again, enlightend us.

The answer is that I never really thought to hard about it. I know it’s not a black and white issue. There’s no ‘line’ to cross going from bad to good. Put it this way, I don’t think the gear you choose determines if you are good or bad.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

boring QQ

still waiting for you to admit it and not ramble on about play how you want

People that don’t understand the game tend to be bad players. If I don’t understand chess, that would make me a pretty bad chess player. That goes without saying, that is to say you aren’t making much of a point with that statement. No one in this thread said otherwise. Your just trying to be argumentative … again. It also doesn’t change what my point was in the other posts I made.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

colesy.8490

awesome

/flies away

in Guardian

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

A good player wouldn’t use bad gear/build end of. It’s just selfish in a group situation if you’re not playing to your full potential because of a crap stat set of gear.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

Depends what your game values are. not everyone puts value in ‘full potential’, especially considering this isn’t a competitive aspect of the game. Their opinion on what they need to do will be different. It’s selfish to tell someone their values don’t matter so they should adopt someone else’s. Therefore, we have a bunch of people that play how they want being selfish .. we have a bunch of people telling them how to play being selfish. Selfishness is clearly not a motivator to convince people to throw away the things they value to align themselves with others values.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Its selfish no matter how you look at it. If you choose not to be more effective your selfishly slowing the group down. Whether the people in the group care or not is a different story but it doesnt change the fact that using bad gear is selfish.

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

You missed the point … selfish isn’t a reason to tell people how to play, no matter how bad you think their gear is. Think of it this way, being a jerk isn’t a reason to tell people they can’t post on the forums, no matter how offensive they are.

I’m not debating if you want to call it selfish. Call it whatever you want if it makes you warm and tingly. It’s really not relevant what label you want to put on them because they aren’t going anywhere. They aren’t changing their gaming values because others don’t like it. If you don’t like selfish people, don’t play with them.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Same goes to the selfish PVT/condi/ranged/clerics what ever people who join my parties despite the advertisement that I want zerker players with optimized damage builds.

stop wasting my kittening time

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Guardian

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

Well, clerics aren’t totally selfish, c’mon at least they’re building to help their team, in a kind of subpar way, but they have good intentions, PVT on the other hand… :|

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

in Guardian

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Well, clerics aren’t totally selfish, c’mon at least they’re building to help their team, in a kind of subpar way, but they have good intentions, PVT on the other hand… :|

It’s the thought that counts T_T

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Guardian

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

It would be so awesome if there were some kind of restriction on dungeons/fractals that prevented entry with PVT equipped and prevented equipping PVT once inside. Maybe a filter you could set for entry into a group.

(edited by ODB.6891)