Guardians need an improvement

in Guardian

Posted by: Adry.7512

Adry.7512

i dont want better base armor nor damage….i want better support skills and better counter skills, because honestly, in WVW guardians might be useful, but in spvp they are pretty low on the “useful” scale. in a group they thrive, but they cant stan their own ground at all vs any experienced pvp’er

in Guardian

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

I don’t know what you mean. A bunker Guardian is almost impossible to kill 1on1 in either WvW or PvP game modes. A Thief may succeed in killing you, but that’s only if he keeps resetting the fight at a rate faster than you can.

Every other class won’t even come close to the same level of longevity and will eventually tire out and die to your meager staff hits.

The problem is more that a Guardian must fight every opponent due to being slow. There is no escape from any battle, and even though the Guardian can keep resetting the fight with their 32sec full HP heal, shouts, virtues, and converting conditions to boons every 48sec (ALL of these dispel when traited properly), ultimately they have to either win or die because there is never any escape.

It would be great if they had some method of chosing their battles like every other class has access to (Thief Stealth/Initiative leaps, Warrior GS/Hammer/CC, Mesmer Stealth/Blink/Portal, Elementalist Teleport/CC, Ranger LB Stealth/GS Leap, Necromancer Fear/DS tanking/Walk).

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)