Guardians need spirts weapons redo

in Guardian

Posted by: khenthorne.8736

khenthorne.8736

Q:

I believe the Guardian’s sprit’s weapons need a redo. They shouldn’t be used as utility skills instead use them as pets like the ranger has. Give us sprit pets and weapons would be nice. They could have a f4 button that we could switch to.

Also we could use utility skills that uses chill conditions.

I know this idea sounds stupid, but at least it gives us sprits in a better way.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kasei.8726

Kasei.8726

A:

I understand where you’re coming from, but I don’t think looking at the Ranger for tips is good for the Guardian at all. Especially when it comes to pets.

Pets are a core functionality of the Ranger profession. The entire class including skills, traits, and stats are built around it. If you give guardians the option to toggle through spirit weapons like pets, then the whole class would need to be reevaluated.

Now if it was optional, and we gained some kind of stat debuff when we have our pets out (to even out the damage, etc), I would agree. However, Rangers don’t even have that option, it’s all or nothing.

in Guardian

khenthorne.8736

I was only using the ranger pets as a idea for the sprit weapons in order to use them better. I use a guardian more and think the sprit weapons could be used in a better way. The sprit weapons are kind of used like pets anyway since they do follow us around. So change it that way wouldn’t make a big difference from being used now.

in Guardian

khenthorne.8736

Also I like to have a sprit bear or tiger following and fighting with me.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

I believe the Guardian’s sprit’s weapons need a redo. They shouldn’t be used as utility skills instead use them as pets like the ranger has. Give us sprit pets and weapons would be nice. They could have a f4 button that we could switch to.

Also we could use utility skills that uses chill conditions.

I know this idea sounds stupid, but at least it gives us sprits in a better way.

A lot of people are against buffing AI pets. I can’t say that I blame them, but at this point in the game its highly unlikely Anet would revamp spirit weapons.

If I had the ability to change them, I’d change it so they are no longer pets but skills that modify existing weapons.

Spirit hammer amplifies the hammer weapon, giving it access to attributes it doesn’t have normally. Like wise sword and shield do the same thing. I believe some ritualist skills worked in a similar manner.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Honestly, Hammer of Wisdom could work as Necromancer’s Flesh Golem, really.

An elite skill, which is a pet, that follows around and is up permanetly. It can also knockdown.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

My biggest hangup with these things is that they suffer the ill effects of BOTH a skill (limited uptime and cooldown) and a pet (it can die).

Either make the weapon so it can’t die ( but have a set uptime and cooldown like a REAL skill does) OR …

Make the spirit weapons like pets, but in the case of Guardians, that pet would occupy a skill slot.

Either of those are reasonable compromises IMO. While it doesn’t fix SW’s to make them worth using, it’s close.