Guarding seriously needs a dedicated long range dps weapon

in Guardian

Posted by: Goit.8192

Goit.8192

I’m a scepter dps crit build with condition effects on crit and it totally kitten in WvW. Even more so in base defense. Buff projectile speed but please leave the skill set alone.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ninjah.6298

Ninjah.6298

Give eles plate armour and take a longbow for yourself..

in Guardian

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

However, complaining that you lack enough CC is patently false. The tools are ample for sticking with all but the squirreliest targets, and if we’re talking WvW, sending them running is still a win.

WHAT? and how is supposed to have badge if you let people run? the winner in this case is the one that flee, because he dont have to pay the repair cost! is you are a simple melee class, when you are in 1v1 if you cant control\slow the enemy for sufficent time and keep him in you range attack, you lose, or max its a draw because the enemy flee, and you are an elementalist so i bet you know well this thing.

Now, try to force and enemy in you range with leap of fait, or flashing blade, its simply continue to run lol. im not saying that we dont have CC, but some weapons, need some better of theese! for now the only good weapons that can fulfill this job are scepter(but need that kittening fast ball) and hammer, the GS pull is not good as you think, and it have a long CD.

Oh sure, I’m great at getting away as an ele, but not just from guardians. About the only thing that can run me down is a thief or another D/D ele, unless I push my luck well past the point it matters. That’s not unique to guardians, and anything other than those two classes I don’t have trouble sticking with on my guardian. She’s just 50ish so I’m obviously missing some traits.

Do guardians make great lone WvWers, if they want a guaranteed kill? Nope, but they’re not alone in that.

WvW isn’t about chasing down one lone straggler halfway across the map for a badge.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

in Guardian

Posted by: Tuccos.8592

Tuccos.8592

The scepter Orb moves to slow and hits nothing in PvP / WvW. You can spam 100 Orbs into an enemy Zerg and get 2 hits out of them.

The orb coould at least have some intelligence and try to hit the target, not 100% but at least it could change its direction a little when the target moves.

I saw nasty Orb shots right into the sky when a NPC or player moved. Or the Ranger Bow principle should work on the orb, at least 20-30% of the orbs would hit if the orb moved faster.

Atm Scepter is completly useless in WvW it doesnt hit anything, not from a Wall not in a Zerg. Its so slow that even a 80 year old grandfather player could dodge roll the orbs.

The Orb needs some extras like a Chill, Condition damage or whatever too. Its the most boring attack in GW 2 so far.

In addition the Orb would be better with 1300-1500 range consdiering it hits nothing anyways.

I dont understand why guildwars only uses Ranges 300, 600, 900, 1200 and 1500 thats completly strange and mysterious to me. Looks like strict math to me without any freedom or dynamic.

Why not also 500, 800, 1300 , 1400 Range ???

(edited by Tuccos.8592)

in Guardian

Posted by: Baz.7305

Baz.7305

Why dont they give us a heavy crossbow with firey bolts of light. It could also have a skill that stuns or knocks back depending on distance and an aoe attack that shoots three bolts at 1 time.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sarpadon.7506

Sarpadon.7506

Well if a mesmers can use a GS why can i have a SB
not that that is what i want just pointing out that stereotyping a class because of how you perceive its class name is not a valid argument on what weapons it should or shouldn’t have.

personally i would be happy with just a increase in projectile speed of the scepter i also like Ynna idea on skill 2 being made a symbol.
what i really want is axe for no other reason then looks is axe and shield would look freaking awesome on my norn guard

in Guardian

Posted by: Saxi.9136

Saxi.9136

Yeah… let’s make this already very overpowered profession even MORE overpowered

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

Why don’t they give us a heavy crossbow with fiery bolts of light. It could also have a skill that stuns or knocks back depending on distance and an AoE attack that shoots three bolts at 1 time.

I’ll give you two reasons:

1. We don’t actually need a new weapon, just tweaks to our existing ones.
  2. I doubt they’re going to introduce a new weapon-type in a random patch.
“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

or at least boucing orbs :< since our trident as a similiar atack and it heals!

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

Lots of people seems to only have pvp or WvWvW in mind in this topic. When I read that we are in plate and shouldn’t go range at all or reroll another class, I find it amusing. In some dungeons, you simply have no choice. While I really prefer to be fighting at melee, I sometimes must equip a range weapon if I don’t want to be a burden for my group and waste my money in repairs. When these situations arise, I use the scepter and I don’t really enjoy it as I find its damage to be unreliable on a moving target. I’m not asking for a 1500 pew pew megalaser autoattack, just a weapon that makes me feel I’m not completly useless damage wise when it comes to some content in this game.

As I said before, our ranged isn’t something we are meant to have equiped for long periods of time. As a result, I totally AGREE that when in dungeons and you find yourself in situations were you must be at range for long periods of time – our ranged weapons really do not stack-up. Staff’s #1 range is too small and #2 has a long wait between orb casts. Scepter all you do is auto attack, since #3 is a kite and #2 as it is, is kind of lame.

However, I have a solution for this situation that shouldn’t make us too overpowered. Give us the ability to “grab” the spirit bow. I.e. after we summon the spirit bow, we can interaction with it using ‘F’ and grab it. We’ll get just one attack but it’ll do a fair bit of damage and also keep us at a bit of a range. The bow is immediately destroyed if we “drop” it and the spirit bow skill goes into cool down. This should make us not suck when prudence dictates we stand in a corner, far, far away and just shoot mob X in dungeons (or PvE in general). But is unlikely to be too overpowering in WvWvW or sPvP. In fact, you can disable that function for PvP.

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

(edited by Tinni.4351)

in Guardian

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

Yeah… let’s make this already very overpowered profession even MORE overpowered

Someone’s pissed they got rolled over by a Guardian.

But I digress. Scepter really needs a rework – at least orb and smite. Those skills are so ill-conceived it’s frightening.

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46