Guards now effectively counter Wars

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

Try it out yourself. its hilarious. Depending on the warrior skill level you might just be able to face tank them.

Med guards are the now the true kings of melee.

D/D comes in second ofc, but i find that our burst and cooldowns let us just put in enough pressure to get them on the defensive for a while if not force them off point and whatnot

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Are you trying to get us nerfed or something? Shh

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Posted by: Hyperion.4638

Hyperion.4638

Honestly if i am on war or i am loosing i can always outrun them, they are slow as turtles plus if they don’t have travelers runes than turtle with a broken legg, i’ve tried medi guard yeah its great for 1v1 but very very slow.

in Guardian

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

Try it out yourself. its hilarious. Depending on the warrior skill level you might just be able to face tank them.

D/D comes in second ofc, but i find that our burst and cooldowns let us just put in enough pressure to get them on the defensive for a while if not force them off point and whatnot

Kings of melee, with our CC? AHAHA nice joke
We counter Warriors sure, but what else? There is no other melee build easier to kite than ours

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in Guardian

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

We counter Warriors sure, but what else? There is no other melee build easier to kite than ours

Scepter op yo. 1/4s cast with 500 base atk autoatk is insane, does more than GS auto and its ranged! Not to mention scepter 2 does insane dps if ppl are standing on it and its also 1/4 cast lol.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Scepter op yo. 1/4s cast with 500 base atk autoatk is insane, does more than GS auto and its ranged! Not to mention scepter 2 does insane dps if ppl are standing on it and its also 1/4 cast lol.

-Moves side to side, doesn’t stand in the circle with floating blue fists in it,- Uber damage yo. Works best at near melee range.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

-Moves side to side, doesn’t stand in the circle with floating blue fists in it,- Uber damage yo. Works best at near melee range.

This ^.

Guardians have the worst ranged potential in game not because the damage per attack is so low but because the orb is so slow that anyone moving around at more then 600 range can easily avoid it.
Smite is also quite bad. It is a multi hit attack, not a true AOE & because it takes 4 seconds to do its full damage it can be easily avoided again by moving.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

As to what the OP said.

Guardian kind of counters a warrior, at least any warrior not smart enough to make use of their mobility & ranged weapons.

VS any person using a ranged weapon with the knowledge of how to kite med guard is quite easy to kill. It’s just the people who try to melee med guards who get recked.

in Guardian

Posted by: AGGabriel.9230

AGGabriel.9230

They are beginning to feel the pressure when they face a guard on equal ground and the fun part is that they beginning to complain about that hahaha

in Guardian

Posted by: Mavis.1572

Mavis.1572

I would sacrifice a goat in the name of ArenaNet while naked in public, screaming something Guardian like, if they made our scepter auto into a beam attack ( Mesmer GS style ). You know, instantaneous connection.

or just speed up the orbs, that’s more realistic. Didn’t they speed up the orbs once long ago?

in Guardian

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

This ^.

Guardians have the worst ranged potential in game not because the damage per attack is so low but because the orb is so slow that anyone moving around at more then 600 range can easily avoid it.
Smite is also quite bad. It is a multi hit attack, not a true AOE & because it takes 4 seconds to do its full damage it can be easily avoided again by moving.

You forget about immobilize on scepter 3? You can side step but unless you’re a ranger/mesmer or running away the scepter is going to hit. Don’t give me the I can dodge anything + everything because the tells on scepter is so hard to see and the thing is 1200 range. Most classes fight close + medium ranger, scepter does rather well in most situations.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

If people stopped pretending WvW or PVP was a duel, none of this would matter. If something counters something else, play smarter. Carry on.

in Guardian

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

You forget about immobilize on scepter 3? You can side step but unless you’re a ranger/mesmer or running away the scepter is going to hit. Don’t give me the I can dodge anything + everything because the tells on scepter is so hard to see and the thing is 1200 range. Most classes fight close + medium ranger, scepter does rather well in most situations.

Scepter #3 is on a 20 cd with a 2.5 sec root. Mini-staffing makes the 1200 range a non-issue.

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Seriously, i still melt guardians with my condition warrior (bow/sword/warhorn).

If i get in trouble i just swap to bow and start circling the poor little thingy.

in Guardian

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

It’s 1/4 cast and it has like ~1/2 second aftercast so ye… Not better than GS auto at all. Also it’s easy to avoid by straffing when you’re on range.

Bullet Punch

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

They are beginning to feel the pressure when they face a guard on equal ground and the fun part is that they beginning to complain about that hahaha

i think they will QQ and ask for a new class update becouse some need more effort to kill.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Posted by: AGGabriel.9230

AGGabriel.9230

i think they will QQ and ask for a new class update becouse some need more effort to kill.

the most funny thing is that they do have one https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Warriors-vs-Guardians-Post-Feature-Patch/first#post4461458

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

The problem for both classes seems to be very limited number of effective builds.

TBH I can beat a similarly skilled Warrior on my Guardian and a similarly skilled Guardian on my Warrior. It depends a lot on what is on or off CD and who initiates the fight. ATM they are pretty balanced with each other.

My Warrior seems to have an easier time with Ele, Necro and Engi but the Guardian seems to do better vs Rangers and Thieves.

In the end they both have their pros and cons. Warrior definitely wins in mobility and range attacks whereas the Guardian seems to be able to do better burst. On the whole I would say they are more balanced than ever.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)