[Guide] WvW/PvE new AH Guardian build

in Guardian

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

New Altruistic Healing Build

-update 8 july-
Definitive Build (may not match the description below)
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/guardian/?3.0|1.1g.h1|c.1g.h1.d.1g.h4|1g.a7.1g.a7.1c.a7.1g.a1.1g.9c.1g.a7|2s.d1e.2s.0.3s.0.3s.0.2s.d1e.2s.d1e|0.5.u54b.u28b.5|39.1|w.17.18.19.1i|e

Equipment structure:
the new equip is formed by a mix of Soldier, Knight and Berserker pieces and will grant you high survivability and very high damage (not as a full berserker one but with 102% crit damage multiplier you will easily see great numbers)

The most important change, from previous version, is the sightly reduced precision and thougness and the greatly improved damage, crit multiplier and hp.

Anyway, the reduced precision isn’t a real problem because you can always use food to improve it and get other advantages. For this reason i might suggest you to use as food:
-> Bowl of Curry Butternut Squash Soup
for 100 more precision (about 5% crit chance) and 10% increased crit damage.

->Superior Sharpening Stone
for extra increased damage (for 143 more power)

Weapon sets and description
Greatsword:
Main source of DPS especially in aoe fights, so basically use it to start every fight unless you need a more defensive approach.

Sword/Focus:
Very strong set if you need to reach enemy and a the same tme to hit them hard (mainly with #3 and #5) and remember to use this set always during a fight end to get you stack of perception for extra precision

Some good actions (in progress) :
Massive damage burst
1) use save yourselves for extra crit chance and damage
2) use Focus 5# then switch to GS
3) activate VoJ
4) leap to enemy with GS 3#
5) GS #2
now if you are quicker you can add, before point 5:
4.5) use GS 5# for extra damage
6) if enemy run away pull them to you

Might spam (tested) :
1) use VoC for aegis and protection (you need to mitigate damage…)
2) run inside a zerg
3) attract enemy attention by using GS 5# and/or GS 2#
4) when a lot of enemy are attacking you use shelter
5) you get a ton of might stacks (depending on how many enemies are attacking you)
6) switch to S/F then use Focus 5#
7) fastly use Renewed Focus to avoid enemy attacks
8) let your shield explode for massive aoe damage (about 3k without might stacks)

Full heal:
there are a lot of methods basically dependends from AH
1) use shelter while under massive attack (you get might and hp as well)
2) use save youselves (1300 base hp + regeneration) followed by another shout to remove incoming conditions (if you are inside a zerg for exemple) and get more boons and heals
3) use VoJ, VoC and VoR near more allies you can then use Renewed Focus and use again VoJ, VoC and VoR. You will gain 1100hp per allies near you + 1100hp + 2xhealth from VoR + 10 sec of regeneration

-> i’m looking for more combos… if you know please tell me and i will add them.

Other sets:
Staff
Very usefull for might spam, and so massive heal, and for Staff 1# spam inside a zerg or simply for Staff 5# which allow you to block enemies and if you get practice to positioning it you can also use it as a good interrupter in 1vs1

Scepter/Focus
Very good for the immobilize skill and range. You can also combine it with torch and get a good burst from torch 4# and 5# while enemy is immobilized.

Hammer
High burst damage and with the symbol spam inside a zerg you can get protection… or simply heal from allies walking inside. Also you have a combo leap (with GS 4#) which give retailation and a very good immobilize which is very good if followed by a full GS 2# rotation (especially against running classes)

Conclusions:
The new equip mix will allow you to resist better to conditions and at the same time to hit harder. The sostitution of rune of lyssa with divinity is necessary in order to get enough stats and damage multiplier so that you can hit even more harder (infact with this equip you have only 19 less power than a full berserker one). The only problem is to stack perception, first of all, and then you can start to hit very hard (with 52%+ crit chance at full perception stacks) with 102% base damage multiplier and 3630 effective power while still having a 34% damage reduction from thougness and 1200+ base HP.

Thank you and let me know if you have questions, troubles and suggestion

Thank to Brutaly, akamon and others for help
PS: sorry for grammar errors… i will correct them later

(edited by Kjeldoran.3849)

in Guardian

Posted by: colerunner.6198

colerunner.6198

I have a similar build using a different armor set up.
I get the same attack stats but 3k armor and 15k health

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I wouldn’t use Lyssa, since in wvw some boon pop are only 5s instead of 10 and condition duration isn’t needed.

in Guardian

Kjeldoran.3849

I wouldn’t use Lyssa, since in wvw some boon pop are only 5s instead of 10 and condition duration isn’t needed.

hello Charak.9761,
rune of lyssa is very important… maybe in wvw some boon lasts only for 5sec (instead of 10) but you still need the simply “boon” to get the bonus and health… and rune of lyssa give you like 8 boons so you can easily get a nice advantage (8 boons are always 8 boons) and 600-700 hp istant recovery which isnt an huge ammount but still better of nothing especially if you consider the “boon itself”

20%condition duration is also important for 2 reason:
you can keep up for 1 more sec burning (which is another tick) and get a longer condition duration when you put your condition on enemy through rune of generosity
thant all thank you for participation and let me know if there is something of wrong with the build ^^

in Guardian

Kjeldoran.3849

Hi colerunner.6198,
i’m pretty sure you can do this…. but you will surely have a low crit chance united with a low critical damage multiplier. This build is done in order to carry out a great and sustained damage: with 50% crit chance and 76% critical damage you will hit very hard! and for very hard i’m talking of about 2k+ with auto attacks. Thank you for feedback, surviving is the most important thing and it’s the base of this build

in Guardian

Posted by: colerunner.6198

colerunner.6198

I agree with Kjeldoran.
Also, Lyssa runes paired with save yourselves is amazing! Save yourselves takes all conditions from your team and using elite with lyssa runes will remove all your conditions and give you 8 boons.
You can completely wipe conditions from your team and its a stun breaker.
I was in WvW yesterday in a big zerg fight. We rushed in and after about 5 seconds I used save yourselves. I received a ton of conditions(from my whole zerg) then removed them all with my elite plus broke my stun. That is priceless because now my whole zerg is free of initial conditions and I am not caught in the middle stunned and dead

in Guardian

Kjeldoran.3849

:) thank you coleruneer for approvation,
remember that you can also simply use save yourselves and run in the middle of a zerg and use wirling wrath; what happen? you team is free from condition and you enemy have back their own with sigil of generosity ^^ not bad at all…

anyway remember that you can run in the middle of a zerg but you need protection which mean: 33% less damage from protection and 40% less damage from thougness = 73% less direct damage which, unite with an excellent condition removal, allow you to easily run inside a zerg enjoy

in Guardian

Posted by: Seraph.9635

Seraph.9635

Could we have the GW2Buildcraft link for your build as shown in your pictures?

in Guardian

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

hello Charak.9761,
rune of lyssa is very important… maybe in wvw some boon lasts only for 5sec (instead of 10) but you still need the simply “boon” to get the bonus and health… and rune of lyssa give you like 8 boons so you can easily get a nice advantage (8 boons are always 8 boons) and 600-700 hp istant recovery which isnt an huge ammount but still better of nothing especially if you consider the “boon itself”

It’s 9 boons. You probably are forgetting Aegis.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Guardian

Kjeldoran.3849

It’s 9 boons. You probably are forgetting Aegis.

hello Phoebe Ascension.8437,
no i was wrong… when i said “like 8 boons” I was going to say a lot of boons…
save yourselves actually give you 7 boons (450hp + 1300hp with regeneration):
-retailation (10 sec +1)
-protection (10 sec +1)
-might (1 stack 10 sec +1)
-fury (10 sec +1)
-regeneration (10 sec +1)
-swiftness (10 sec +1)
-vigor (10 sec +1)

in Guardian

Posted by: jadfang.6850

jadfang.6850

I just saw this thread an I will say I love it,1 question that is nagging me,i see you got your toughness over 1600 on your equipment screen,whats killin me is I have exact same armor an weapons,same runes an sigils,only thing different is your ammy ,which I don’t have.So how did you get it over 1600?

in Guardian

Posted by: jadfang.6850

jadfang.6850

sorry my toughness is 1531

in Guardian

Kjeldoran.3849

I just saw this thread an I will say I love it,1 question that is nagging me,i see you got your toughness over 1600 on your equipment screen,whats killin me is I have exact same armor an weapons,same runes an sigils,only thing different is your ammy ,which I don’t have.So how did you get it over 1600?

Hello,
sorry but i dont understand what do you mean with “ammy” (i’m not english sorry)…
Amulet is the only ascendent (if was referred to this) thing i have and it’s berserker but you can easily get an exotic one from TP… anyway there is a problem in the screen because it was on an old site. Now strength in number give you 150 thougness up from 70… so thougness is 1601+80=1681 while in combat…. the only thing that allow you to reach 1681 thougness are equip (full knight) and 300 thougness from traits

in Guardian

Posted by: seven.6390

seven.6390

I run exact build except I use knights acce, with azurite stones.

I will try this. I wvw a lot and I think I still have the acce for this.. =) thanks!

I currently have boon duration runes.. 2x water, 2x monk, 2x major water.
Will see how it goes. =)

(edited by seven.6390)

in Guardian

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Running same build with soldier runes. 6th bonus stacks with pure of voice, will try lyssa runes next ;p

(edited by Yasi.9065)

in Guardian

Kjeldoran.3849

I run exact build except I use knights acce, with azurite stones.

I will try this. I wvw a lot and I think I still have the acce for this.. =) thanks!

I currently have boon duration runes.. 2x water, 2x monk, 2x major water.
Will see how it goes. =)

i strongly suggest to try out lyssa
this evening i had some 1vs1 pvp in wvw… i dont knew enemies set up and equip but they wasnt leveled up to 80:
-against hammer guardian= it started very slow but i kill him without use all of my utilities and rune of lyssa helped me to break his burn and immobilize. A great tactic will be to use sword 2# to reach him when you are closed inside the ring… not so hard
-against regen ranger= very boring… catch him was a little hard but i hitted him for like 3-4k per attack so not difficult at all
-against a rogue (perma invisibility)= just wait for him to spawn while turning on your selves XD then you can smash him… then way again for spawn and smash again… and again… until he decides to run away… here a full berserker guardian will die with the first backstab.
-against an elementalist (dagger dagger)= very easy … simply attack… and remove burning by attivating a shout… down in few seconds (WW + VoJ + Save Yourselves = 6.5k damage + burning, 500 per tick = almost done)
-hammer guardian (maybe the same i killed before) + thief = not so hard but really difficult to win so when i downed guardian i prefered to runaway…

unfortunatelly i cant record videos in wvw because my pc is a bit dog kitten… and this was another disadvantage for me because i was lagging during every fight…

in Guardian

Posted by: seven.6390

seven.6390

Tried the new build. It is awesome. I am mainly a zerg person, and my main build reflects that. Needed maximum uptime for protection and stability, thus boon runes. I also tried it with soldier staff and greatsword. Good for zerg fights. Greatsword/ scepter focus is also awesome. 1-2k crits. But I think staff benefits from this the most. I was criting for 2.7k specially with the might buff. 2.7k per person in 5 person arc during a zerg clash.

Not bad.. thanks for the idea!

in Guardian

Kjeldoran.3849

Not bad.. thanks for the idea!

thank you for support

here is a pic with full ascendend gear but without foods ^^ so that someone can learn something about damage (like foodfad)

Attachments:

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

You realise that your build isnt optimzed at all.

Within 5 minutes i can post a build that has:

Higher effective power (dps over time)
Higher burst capability in individual hits
Higher effective healthpool (withstand direct damage)
Higher absolute healthpool (withstand conditions.)
Benefits more relatively from protection
Benefits more in absolute numbers from from fury.

If i were you i wouldnt be so smug versus a guy (Foofad) that actually has an understanding of the numbers in this game, when you post kitten like that.

in Guardian

Posted by: Nespinha.3165

Nespinha.3165

If i were you i wouldnt be so smug versus a guy (Foofad) that actually has an understanding of the numbers in this game, when you post kitten like that.

Post that build so everyone can see what you´re talking about

Nespinha – Level 80 Guardian [DDE]

in Guardian

Kjeldoran.3849

Do you not feel ridicolous? you pretend to create a build with:
high damage, burst, health pool, condition remover and protection???
So that build will be … the best one … sure! no one can kill you! … yes, you are the best …
… I would feel really ridiculous to say something like … especially if i have a build sticked here… you lose all my respect… only a flamer like others…
i’m waiting for your invincible build! cmon! show us your invincible build or leave this discussion and hide yourselves…

in Guardian

Kjeldoran.3849

and
PS: i wasnt “smug” against foodfad… i only wanted to show him that power and damage of this build are exactly the same he posted in another thread, supposing to be the best one. You both have much to learn about the concept of humility…

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Brutaly is well respected in the Guard community, and knows what he’s talking about. I’d listen to him.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

This isnt optimzed and i can squeeze out more from it if i try but that is what you get from 5 minutes sloppiness. So no its not the best one which makes the build you propose even less so.

Power 2040
Precision 1669
Toughness 1396
Vitality 1396
Critical Damage + 103%
Condition Damage + 60
Condition Duration 0%
Healing Power 360
Boon Duration 10%
Critical Chance 39.85%
Damage 10%
Armor 2607
Health 15605
Endurance Regeneration + 0%
Agony Resistance 15
Virtue Recharge Rate 10%
Damage & Survivability
Effective Power 3612.1
Effective Health (EHP) 22158
Damage Reduction 29.57%

Can take approx 5% more direct damage thru higher effective healthpool
Can take approx 15% more condition damage from larger healthpool
Does approx 2-4% more dps over time from effective power
Does burst for approx 20% more damage in individual hits thru more power and critical damage.
Lower armor and bigger healthpool makes it benefit relatively more from protection
Higher crit damage makes it benefit more from fury in absolute numbers.

You are welcome.

EDIT ofc with pure of voice and the same traits you use.

Can also be achived with rune of the soldiers and pure of voice but different armor pieces and still have better stats.

(edited by Brutaly.6257)

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

Do you not feel ridicolous? you pretend to create a build with:
high damage, burst, health pool, condition remover and protection???
So that build will be … the best one … sure! no one can kill you! … yes, you are the best …
… I would feel really ridiculous to say something like … especially if i have a build sticked here… you lose all my respect… only a flamer like others…
i’m waiting for your invincible build! cmon! show us your invincible build or leave this discussion and hide yourselves…

Off topic, this is what mean with smug, i gave you feed back in an other thread that you were acting out and now we are there again.

Chill.

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

Post that build so everyone can see what you´re talking about

Sorry wont post a build but start with all berserkers in trinkets and stay away from any piece that lowers you power in the armor, which is the individual stat that has the highest value per point when it comes to damage. Which leaves you with berserker, soldier and valkyrie. Soldier is actually very nice from a lever perspective since it translates the defensive stats, viality and toughness directly in to damage when you use sharpening stone and master maintenance oil and ofc retributive armor. I use soldiers to balance my dps centric builds to be spot on where i want them.

Crit damage is worth less in some pieces and here you use the calculator to figure that out so you put crit damge in the proper piece.

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

if you want optimized builds, stat wise, i seen CMF, Akamon and Foofad show some great insights. Im certain they can help you out since they are really helpfully in here.

in Guardian

Kjeldoran.3849

Power 2040
Precision 1669
Toughness 1396
Vitality 1396
Critical Damage + 103%
Condition Damage + 60
Condition Duration 0%
Healing Power 360
Boon Duration 10%
Critical Chance 39.85%
Damage 10%
Armor 2607
Health 15605
Agony Resistance 15
Virtue Recharge Rate 10%
Damage & Survivability
Effective Power 3612.1
Effective Health (EHP) 22158
Damage Reduction 29.57%

oh… sorry but this is very hilarious …
so let’s tell you something about this:
this is exaclty my build but with full zerker gear and another kind of runes and you want to show me … stats? are you kidding right?
let’s explain you how pvp works (especially in wvw)
1) knight main gear is necessary for thougness… you have 300 less thougnes and around 7% more direct damage taken (there is a problem with strength in numbers in the pics i have 1681 thougness)
2)you have exactly only 141 more power which i can fastly gain with 4 stacks of might (few seconds of fight…)
3)you are using runes of divinity which mean:
->600 hp…. that’s the difference which make your “health poll” enough against conditions?
->60 precision… and you lose about 11% crit chance…
->60 power … wow 60/141 strenght derives form there… maybe i can swap runes… that’s all…
->60 thougness … and still under of 300… so it’s basically 360 less thougness … very “solid” build…
do you understand that isnt very interesting that change because i have:
155 ( and more) more precision
10% more condition duration which mean i can reach the 6th second with VoJ and get 1 more tick…
more ways to gain boons… did this remember you something… like you get 75hp per boon … … that mean only that with renewed focus you get and istant heal of 1300 + every boon! … nothing you can compare to “60 more power” or something you can get from “runes of divinity” (btw… they cost 11g per rune…).
And at least i get a free all condition removal… do you think isnt enough? but inside a zerg it makes difference for exemple save yourselves+renewed focus … which is more important than 600 more hp…

came on man… don’t be crazy. All this to show me that with a zerker equip and rune of divinity MY BUILD can do more damage? i know it… and because of its futility i prefered to use knight and rune of lyssa…
That’s all, learn that damage isnt all, i dont think you like zerg or large group fights in general; you still have much to learn about tactics. Every one is good to play when others saves our butt and we only do “damage” (if you can call damage 141 more power) but the “guardian” saves butts first of all because this is a MMO which means (if you dont know) Massive Multiplayer Online, so we have to play WHIT other players and not FOR other player (like you). Try out another build… you will be more lucky next time.

ps. sorry for grammar

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

Stuff

Ofc its the same build how can you compare stats otherwise, it would be apple and pears.

And no its not all berserker, its only two well placed berserker pieces in my armor.

Smug! I got 2k hours in wvw and Tpvp, its all i do in this game. Once again chill, if you post stuff in the forum you need to be prepared to have a serious discussion about it.

1. What you mean is that knights is necessary for you, that is more of a matter of competence level than an actual universal truth.

Toughenss is, once again only good versus direct damage, while vitality works versus both when you calculate mitigation you need to consider both.

No its not 300 in difference, its 200 and i havent even got strength in numbers traited there, so either remove SiN from your mitigation or add it to mine. Or have i misunderstood you that you havent got SiN in those pics then the difference is about 200. If you do have SiN than the difference is about 130 i believe.

Post you build as a link so we can compare

2. Hmm, so my build cant generate might as well as yours, which is weird since i use the same traits distribution. Your argument is moot.

3. As i said i can use an other rune like soldiers and compensate with gear since i dont use all berserkers. Once again a weird argument since i could say the same, you use Lyssa which has an upside in precision. Once again moot.

The only extra boons you get, compared to me, is one random each heal (yay) and all boons for 5s each 90 sec. And not teamwide. As i said i can achieve better stats with rune of the soldier than you have and also have a team wide condiremoval. Each and everyone can decide for them selves what they prefer.

Btw i took away the divinity runes and altered so this is with orbs that cost 20 silver a piece and no berserker in the armor:
Critical Chance 41.97%
Damage 10%
Armor 2699
Health 14845
Agony Resistance 15
Virtue Recharge Rate 10%
Damage & Survivability
Effective Power 3630.9
Effective Health (EHP) 21823
Damage Reduction 31.97%
Reference Armor 1836

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/guardian/?3.0|1.1g.h1j|0.0.0.0.0.0|1c.a7.1c.a7.1n.a7.1c.a7.1n.a7.1c.a7|2s.d14.2s.0.3s.0.3s.0.2s.d14.2s.d14|0.0.u65b.u28b.a2|0.0|0.0.0.0.0|e

It can still mitigate more damage (both condi and direct), do more damage and create higher bursts.

Once again its not optimized statwise.

Im all for that damage isnt everything and my point wasnt that, my point was that you are smug versus a guy that has some great knowledge in the numbers in this game and present a subpar (from a stat optimizing perspective) build as an argument and also say its a high damage build.

Edit: And since you dont answer or address all arguments but just the ones that suits you i have to bring this forward again.
The build i posted benefits relatively more from protection and absolutely more from fury.

(edited by Brutaly.6257)

in Guardian

Kjeldoran.3849

And no its not all berserker, its only two well placed berserker pieces in my armor.

-> yes it was full berserker i saw it before you deleted the build link; lying (but if you want to consider “not full berserker” a build with only 2 soldier piece in the entire equip) +

1. no sense adfirmation…

-> thougness is really important for direct damage mitigation… but as you can understand guardians havent a lot of hp and cond removal for you ins’t enough in big zergs

2. Hmm, so my build cant generate might as well as yours, which is weird since i use the same traits distribution. Your argument is moot.

-> yes, the build is pretty similar to mine but the heal boon and elite boon isn’t “nothing” but make the difference only trying it you will learn how much +

3. As i said i can use an other rune like soldiers and compensate with gear since i dont use all berserkers. Once again a weird argument since i could say the same, you use Lyssa which has an upside in precision. Once again moot.

-> read above: that was full zerker lying. Plus also with full soldier set it’s not enough and the second build you post was worst than the first one +

As i said i can achieve better stats with rune of the soldier than you have and also have a team wide condiremoval. Each and everyone can decide for them selves what they prefer.

-> team “wide” removal?? with 2 condition removal x 3 shouts??? do you know whats a “zerg”? i dont think so…

Btw i took away the divinity runes and altered so this is with orbs that cost 20 silver a piece and no berserker in the armor:
Critical Chance 41.97%
Damage 10%
Armor 2699
Health 14845
Agony Resistance 15
Virtue Recharge Rate 10%
Damage & Survivability
Effective Power 3630.9
Effective Health (EHP) 21823
Damage Reduction 31.97%
Reference Armor 1836

-> worst than the first one: a bit more power, lower toughness, lower crit, lower survivability and pretty the same trait build… but you forget the most important one (strength in numbers) which make the difference you will learn how much trying to put in and sostitute some pieces

It can still mitigate more damage (both condi and direct), do more damage and create higher bursts.

-> no you cant. you take about 5%more direct damage and have a lower crit chance which mean you get no boons and less cond removal and less heal… THAT makes the difference +

Once again its not optimized statwise.

-> you cant optimize… and “optimizing” you are always closer to mine +

Im all for that damage isnt everything and my point wasnt that, my point was that you are smug versus a guy that has some great knowledge in the numbers in this game and present a subpar (from a stat optimizing perspective) build as an argument and also say its a high damage build.

-> i’m not smug… read the thread from beginning. When someone tell that your build is kitten … you will change consideration for those people ^^ and you are another of them … +

The build i posted benefits relatively more from protection and absolutely more from fury.

-> ERR … you are wrong again ^^ i can get 5 more seconds of fury and your “benefits” are only of 9%… do you want some numbers so i can show you that i know “numbers”!?
with 9% more damage and 40% crit chance:
every 10 attacks you do:
4x crits +9%
6x non crits

wtihout 9% more damage and 50% crit chance:
5x crits (without 9%)
5x non crits

difference? the fifth crits (in my build) hits for 150%+86% crit damage which is pretty much than a non crit of yours + 9%x4= 36%damage …
so basically i do about 200% more damage (200% of an attack) of you every 10 attacks

And i have still more thougness due to elite and heal.

read corrections ^^

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

Nice job, instead of discussing you just try to diminish arguments.

As you said i posted the wrong build and instead posted an other one which also has better stats.

I can even post a lyssa build with better stats if you want or why not a full soldiers armor with orbs that outshince yours in every area except reliability in crits.

The fact remains I can have better stats in dps, burst, direct mitigation, mitigation versus conditions and if you cant get that simple fact but instead turn to ridicule than discussing with you have no purpose nor sense.

Post the build instead of screenies of stats and i can help you, if not, you have no interest in actually improving anything but your ego and if so i bid you a good day.

in Guardian

Kjeldoran.3849

Nice job, instead of discussing you just try to diminish arguments.

As you said i posted the wrong build and instead posted an other one which also has better stats.

I can even post a lyssa build with better stats if you want or why not a full soldiers armor with orbs that outshince yours in every area except reliability in crits.

The fact remains I can have better stats in dps, burst, direct mitigation, mitigation versus conditions and if you cant get that simple fact but instead turn to ridicule than discussing with you have no purpose nor sense.

Post the build instead of screenies of stats and i can help you, if not, you have no interest in actually improving anything but your ego and if so i bid you a good day.

ah ah ah that’s all? ^^ so you are over… i have a lot to discuss… but your argumentation is insufficient. Stats are nothing compared to effects and a good fusion between attack and defense.
Second, you arent of help here unless you want to add something to my build (there are screenshot of every aspect under the description so there isnt nothing of hidden).
So, if you want to add something you are welcome but if you want to tell me that your build is better than mine (without know really what are you saying) you are free to leave
and, for the next time: learn to “keep calm” and control your “ego”.

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

Stats is the same as effect, thats the thing, this is math in the end.

I agree, you need a mix, the issue with your mix is that you can build for better stats in all areas, mitigating direct damage, mitigating condition damage, burst and dps. i shown it with the calculator thru plain and simple numbers.

Screenshots says nothing, i cant see what gear you actually have, they can be from different occasions. For instance if i follow your “guide” i dont turn out with the same attack as you do so something isnt correct, or i misread it to begin with.

I will make it simple.

Just go to the calculator and swap those knights to soldiers, keep lyssas, and spice it up with a berserker chest and a piece of valkyries and see what happens with effective power and effective healthpool.

you can almost replicate the stats while having >1k more health (condition cushion) and more burst.

if that doesnt tell you that you havent optimized your stats, you wasted 100 points, nothing will.

To bad you wont post your build as a link so i can alter it and show you how to get a bit more from your gear. I cant see the point of trying to make a guide but you dont give people the chance to see it in context and the link is imo a superior contribution to context.

As long as you wont post a build link i just see at as an inflated stat sheet with low credibility.

(edited by Brutaly.6257)

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

Btw here is my stats on a full knights with lyssa and berserker weapon and trinkets and 0/0/30/30/10.

As you see they dont match with your stats.

Critical Damage + 83%
Critical Chance 51.13%
Armor 2747
Health 13805
Virtue Recharge Rate 10%

Damage & Survivability
Effective Power 3491.02
Effective Health (EHP) 20655
Damage Reduction 33.16%

(edited by Brutaly.6257)

in Guardian

Kjeldoran.3849

ok… this is the build:
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/guardian/?3.0|1.1g.h19|c.1g.h19.d.1g.h1h|1n.7i.1n.7i.1n.7i.1n.7i.1n.7i.1n.7i|2s.d13.2s.d13.3s.d19.2s.d13.3s.d19.2s.d13|0.0.u46b.u28b.a2|0.0|w.17.18.19.1i|e

i dont know why but i was wrong … it was 83% not 86%… anyway all the remaning is correct…

i dont know if put soldier gear will help… i dont need more HP. Most important, for me, are power, thougness and crit chance.

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Use Unscathed Contender instead of Vengeful, in conjunction with Retreat! in order to score a DPS boost for the duration of the shout, or until you get hit. If you don’t like that, I’d get rid of Virtues altogether in favor of Zeal 10 + Fiery Wrath. I also wouldn’t use Generosity runes; They’re very expensive for what you get, and Force will help your anemic damage out, especially paired with Fiery Wrath.

Even with those changes, the damage from this isn’t the best, but it’s not terrible. Personally I would exchange the Knight’s armor for Valkyrie in order to take advantage of more critical damage and higher Power. You’ll in turn get more value out of Fury any time you have it, and the loss of critical chance won’t affect your Empowering Might much. If you’re zerging, swap the Valkyrie for Soldier’s.

Alternatively, suck it up and use Berserker armor as well. You’ve already got Pure of Voice and Altruistic Healing, you’re not going to die easily.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Hi Foofad, others.

Average player here Sucking it up and using Berserker armor, and accessories, would be a death blow – lol. Not sure how else to put it but I’ll be perfectly honest. I’m using a healing build with clerics everything outside weapons, and feel like I’m on top of the world because 1 or 3 things happen with this setup.

1. I out last them and they get bored. That is, if I don’t make a mistake. Usually they will get bored because I can manage their input of DPS. They get tired, reliease I’m not a easy kill, and go on. Most of the time we sync up, chat a bit, and move on.

2. I out last them until help comes This one I actually enjoy and feel like I actually did something. Like people have said WvWvW there really are not many objectives to hold or bunker down. However, there are a few things like camps or flags you can mess with. Same with guarding the mules running supplies – lol.

3. I mess up and die during the fights by not remembering who is doing what or when based on their annimations. Face better players. Or, simply get focused so that more dps input is happening than I can mitigate. Out played too.

I have a bag full fo knights gear I’m trying to tweak now and thinking of trying the berserker weapons and accessories. In fact, I am sitting on 110 laurels now that I’d love to use mixed in with badges. So I can get some accessories that work with both maybe I’d love to try. Probably have enough badges too for weapons if I have the wrong stuff.

I just don’t have a lot to work with in regards to expensive runes or another set of armor like soldiers or valks. I’m tapped

Anyway – long post, sorry. When I saw the suck it up and go Berserker it hit me that yeah, it would be nice. But I think those of you using it know better when you can charge, when to cut it and run, or just play…

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: animalmom.1062

animalmom.1062

not to be a nooge but it is TOUGHNESS, not thougness. I realize English isn’t your first language.

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

ok… this is the build:
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/guardian/?3.0|1.1g.h19|c.1g.h19.d.1g.h1h|1n.7i.1n.7i.1n.7i.1n.7i.1n.7i.1n.7i|2s.d13.2s.d13.3s.d19.2s.d13.3s.d19.2s.d13|0.0.u46b.u28b.a2|0.0|w.17.18.19.1i|e

i dont know why but i was wrong … it was 83% not 86%… anyway all the remaning is correct…

i dont know if put soldier gear will help… i dont need more HP. Most important, for me, are power, thougness and crit chance.

Thx for posting., which explains a lot! you have power in all your 50 gold infusions slots which i dont and you also have strength in numbers which i dont.

Now just go into your build and change the chest to valkyrie, you will loose <2 points (out of 3424) in effective power which corresponds to a dps decrease of 0,3% but you will gain 300 health in effective healthpool (direct damage mitigation) and 720 health in absolute healthpool (condition mitigation).

The power and crit damage increases your burst and also you gain a dps increase from fury (you have about 30s uptime each 90 s) relatively the build you have. The increase from fury combined with higher crit damage/power fully compensates the decreased dps you get from the valkyrie piece.

You loose out on 2% mitigation which means when i land my 10k instant burst on you you will take 10200 in damage but with an increaseed healthpool you will still have more hp left.

Or use all soldiers and berserker head and chest. Also notice how much different gears benefit from sharpening stone and you will find that mixing gear types actually is beneficial.

Same build and traits and no infusions and no strength in numbers.

All knights
Power 1889
Critical Damage + 83%
Effective Power 3464.38
Effective Health (EHP) 20617
Healthpool 13805

Mixed armor (soldiers with berserker chest)
Power 1980
Critical Damage + 88%
Effective Power 3456.69
Effective Health (EHP) 21527
Healthpool 15325

Summary
Power Power +4,8% (increased burst)
Critical damage +6% (increased burst)
Effective power or dps over time -0,2% a slight decrease which is full compensated when you have fury running, due to more power and crit damage, which you have just under 30% uptime, on your own, and even more so in zergs.)
Effective health +4.4% (the increase amount of direct damage you can take before dying.
Healthpool +11%, increased condition mitigation and cushion.

I can remove those -0,4% (making that stats positive compared to your build) if you want, by rearranging the gear a bit, but i think this serves its purpose.

Even with those changes, the damage from this isn’t the best, but it’s not terrible. Personally I would exchange the Knight’s armor for Valkyrie in order to take advantage of more critical damage and higher Power. You’ll in turn get more value out of Fury any time you have it, and the loss of critical chance won’t affect your Empowering Might much. If you’re zerging, swap the Valkyrie for Soldier’s.

Alternatively, suck it up and use Berserker armor as well. You’ve already got Pure of Voice and Altruistic Healing, you’re not going to die easily.

First part is exactly what im trying to tell you and i hope my last example shows it in numbers. All soldiers (except chest infact out performs the setup you use.

Any armor that isnt mixed isnt optimized, its just that simple. The exception to the rule is full dps but in the guardians case you need to mix stats in the trait tree instead.

Second part, use a valkyrie/berserker armor and rune of the soldier and you will still have better stats than all knights with lyssa and better team support.

Not saying any of the above is what you should do, im just saying the setup you have isnt optimized from a stat or team perspective.

edit
Berserker with soldier runes that actually add value to the team and also has a synergy (huge one since its a triple shout build) with your utilities.

Power 1980
Critical Damage + 99%
Armor 2477
Health 15455
Effective Power 3530.64
Effective Health (EHP) 20851
Note that this one is “better” in all stats incl effective power.

(edited by Brutaly.6257)

in Guardian

Kjeldoran.3849

no i dont approve these changes… let’s explain why:
1) whit valkyrie + berserker you have more power… more crit damage but you forget the 2 most important things: thougness and precision!
Especially precision is the most important thing in this build because for every 1 crit i get:
aoe might → heal → a condition from me on enemy → damage
and you understand that a lose of 10% of crit chance is very important…
2) 600 more hp dont make the difference… if there is a way to combine that with more power but without lose precisione… it will be ok, but on the contrary i dont think will help.
3) i would not consider foodfad, he just want the “full berserker” equip because he thinks that “stunningstyles” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgYhGde9Qmc&feature=c4-overview&list=UUTR1RaHwL3UEx4DB6SzoiBQ) is really a pro gamer… anyway please dont use references to his useless posts.

look at this one:
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/guardian/?3.0|1.1g.h19|c.1g.h19.d.1g.h1h|1n.7c.1g.7c.1n.7c.1g.7c.1n.7c.1n.7c|2s.d13.2s.d13.3s.d19.2s.d13.3s.d19.2s.d13|0.0.u46b.u28b.a2|0.0|w.17.18.19.1i|e

with a mix of knight/berserker main equip and sostitution of rune of lyssa for ruen of pack (i dont think is a good idea…) i have about the same thougness but 3807 effective power …

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

@Kjeldoran – to each their own. we all have different styles of playing and have different opinions of what’s most effective. and precisely because i can put together a build right now to the very exact detail, repliacte it 4 times over, have Brutaly, foofad, yourself and myself all play it and it would all work out differently for us.

it’s good that you feel confident about your own build and abilities, but there is no reason to call out others and call them “useless” without really knowing them.

stunningstyles video he said he made was just for fun himself. and that’s what it was, it was fun to watch. no reason to put him down either with implications.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Kjeldoran.3849

stunningstyles video he said he made was just for fun himself. and that’s what it was, it was fun to watch. no reason to put him down either with implications.

is the exact thing i’m saying but someone (like foodfad) pretend to judge others simply because different from this “stereotyped” build… ridiculous.
And second, this is my build thread so i’d like to see only constructive posts, thank you.

in Guardian

Posted by: Laceration.4290

Laceration.4290

[quote=2339433;Kjeldoran.3849:h

is the exact thing i’m saying but someone (like foodfad) pretend to judge others simply because different from this “stereotyped” build… ridiculous.
And second, this is my build thread so i’d like to see only constructive posts, thank you.[/quote]

What ive read is that Brutaly is trying to help you improve your build, isnt that constructive? You cant post a guide on the forums and expect to get only positive feedback. Im sure it would help alot if we could see the build in action and do all the thinks you say it can pull off.

Dr Laceration [AiD]
YouTube?

in Guardian

Kjeldoran.3849

What ive read is that Brutaly is trying to help you improve your build, isnt that constructive? You cant post a guide on the forums and expect to get only positive feedback. Im sure it would help alot if we could see the build in action and do all the thinks you say it can pull off.

brutaly started his intervention here by supposing that my build is kitten and that he could do better in 5 mins… that’s all but a costructive post in my opinion…
Unfortunately i can’t do videos in wvw because my pc really suck :< but isn’t hard to undersand what my build can do… tha’s not something of spectacular or incredible…

anyway now it seems that brutaly is trying to help seriously… let’s see how it will end

and please stop with these no sense posts… the thread is about the build and i dont want to explain to each one how things are going on… so: build help or nothing.

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

okay, one small feedback.

stick with generosity sigils if you like them, but i would swap out sigil of battle for something like Force or Accuracy depending on if you want even more crit chance, or 5% damage, which is always nice and adds to DPS for sure.

reason being all sigils, including both on-swap and on-crit, share cooldowns . and both generosity and battle have a CD of 10s and 9s respectively. if generosity procs on GS and you swap, no battle proc. if you are in combat, you switch to sword, battle procs, so for the next 9 seconds, generosity won’t be able to proc.

when i try to mix and match sigils, i usually don’t mix and match on-swap and on-crit. especially if i am relying on my on-swap sigils, which from my point of perspective are controlled to a certain extent, for e.g. energy for an extra dodge or hydromancy to chill my enemies before i plan to land a big hit, etc etc.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Kjeldoran.3849

okay, one small feedback.

stick with generosity sigils if you like them, but i would swap out sigil of battle for something like Force or Accuracy depending on if you want even more crit chance, or 5% damage, which is always nice and adds to DPS for sure.

reason being all sigils, including both on-swap and on-crit, share cooldowns . and both generosity and battle have a CD of 10s and 9s respectively. if generosity procs on GS and you swap, no battle proc. if you are in combat, you switch to sword, battle procs, so for the next 9 seconds, generosity won’t be able to proc.

when i try to mix and match sigils, i usually don’t mix and match on-swap and on-crit. especially if i am relying on my on-swap sigils, which from my point of perspective are controlled to a certain extent, for e.g. energy for an extra dodge or hydromancy to chill my enemies before i plan to land a big hit, etc etc.

mmm are you sure of this? i cant test it now (but i will surely test it later…) but in my opinion this isn’t much correct:
1) Sigil of Battle hasn’t internal cd, or maybe there is but less than 2 sec… let’s explaying why: i have a warrior with the trait i have 4 sec CD for weapon swap and i have sigil of battle on both weapons … i can stil get 3 stacks of might with every swap and the total (to return to the first weapon) is also 4+4=8 sec so basically 1 sec less of your supposed 9 sec

2) generosity and battle dont share a common cd because a lot of times i activate them both (for exemple: activate generosity then swap and get 3 stacks of might without problems then again remove condition with sword’s sigil of generosity)

anyway 5% more damage nor 5% more crit are good because: 5% more damage isn’t enough (on averange 3000-4000 damage it’s 150-200 more damage…) and 5% more crit isnt needed because i still have 50% crit chance and this boost on sword (which is only an utility weapon) isn’t really usefull…

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

no i dont approve these changes… let’s explain why:
1) whit valkyrie + berserker you have more power… more crit damage but you forget the 2 most important things: thougness and precision!
Especially precision is the most important thing in this build because for every 1 crit i get:
aoe might -> heal -> a condition from me on enemy -> damage
and you understand that a lose of 10% of crit chance is very important…
2) 600 more hp dont make the difference… if there is a way to combine that with more power but without lose precisione… it will be ok, but on the contrary i dont think will help.

Finally we are discussing, thx for that.

1. The thing is thakittens not precision that determines the number of might stacks its the internal cooldown on EM and anything over 50% (including food) with fast hitting weapons like gs/sword or aoe setups like GS/staff/hammer isnt going to improve the number of stacks. If you dont trust me on this go to the mist and use steady weapons and hit a golem.

Or fraps wvw with two different setups and watch frame by frame and take notes, this is the best way imo and how i determined my own crit rating when running EM builds.

There is literally no difference. The important part is to hit several targets, not to have hysterical high crit chance. Positioning is more vital than spamming skills.

Before they changed vigorous precision (5s internal cd) i would have fully agreed with your argument but not as long we have internal cool downs.

The thing is in zerg versus zerg, which you say this is for, you will find that the limit isnt set by precision. Lets say i have about 3,5 might stacks running in average and you might get 4,0 and <5 stacks is the max limit when lucky. That is the difference. not more and im generous when i “give” you 4.

EM can be calculated as well and how often it proccs with different attackspeeds, numbers of targets and precision levels and if you do that math you will find that im right here.

And yes i do understand what EM does, i think i wrote the guide on AH with the help from about 50 other players. ;-)

2. 900 more versus direct damage and 1500 versus condition based damage and retaliation. Soldiers armor with berserker chest. And ofc higher burst damage.

You dont have to loose 10%, you only have to loose around 5-6% if you swap your gear around a bit and the 80-90 or so difference in armor wont make any difference what so ever other psychological even though a factor to be taken seriously. I got a better build on the drawing board but i cant see myself using it but i know its only psychological. since it number wise its more effective.

The builds i posted wasnt optimized and its possible to get about 46% crit chance, higher power, 1500 more health, 90-70 or so less armor and i think >90% crit damage is possible. in short you wont lose out on anything but you will gain some very nice stuff where 1500 health isnt to be trivialized.

Some minor stuff
10% condition duration from lyssa wont add an other tick of burning from activated or passive VoJ. At least not in Tpvp when i tried them out almost a year ago. If i remember correctly you need 25% conditionduration for active VoJ to tick once more. It might be changed and than i stand corrected.

And yeah the guys above are right, sigils of the same type (swap, crit, kill) etc share cooldown or counter and only one of the will grant its effect. it would be pretty awesome if bloodlust and perception stacked. Your battle example is correct though, you can have battle in two different weapons and gain three stacks on each swap.

(edited by Brutaly.6257)

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

10% condition duration from lyssa wont add an other tick of burning from activated or passive VoJ. At least not in Tpvp when i tried them out almost a year ago. If i remember correctly you need 25% conditionduration for active VoJ to tick once more. It might be changed and than i stand corrected.

Correct with 25%.

( and foofad’s burning guide holds durations for other skill effects too )

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

Kjeldoran.3849

Before they changed vigorous precision (5s internal cd) i would have fully agreed with your argument but not as long we have internal cool downs.

The thing is in zerg versus zerg, which you say this is for, you will find that the limit isnt set by precision. Lets say i have about 3,5 might stacks running in average and you might get 4,0 and <5 stacks is the max limit when lucky. That is the difference. not more and im generous when i “give” you 4.

EM can be calculated as well and how often it proccs with different attackspeeds, numbers of targets and precision levels and if you do that math you will find that im right here.

The builds i posted wasnt optimized and its possible to get about 46% crit chance, higher power, 1500 more health, 90-70 or so less armor and i think >90% crit damage is possible. in short you wont lose out on anything but you will gain some very nice stuff where 1500 health isnt to be trivialized.

And yeah the guys above are right, sigils of the same type (swap, crit, kill) etc share cooldown or counter and only one of the will grant its effect. it would be pretty awesome if bloodlust and perception stacked. Your battle example is correct though, you can have battle in two different weapons and gain three stacks on each swap.

ok,
1) i didn’t know there was an internal cd for EM… that changes all….
2) during zergs i always have 5 or more might stacks simply because of VoJ (3 stacks) + third GS auto attack (1stack or inside a zerg 2+) + possible stack from activating a shout + stack from save yourserlves + stack from elite + 3 stack from swapping. I know i can’t get all at the same time but i have an averange of 5+ stacks … surely…
3)ok you are right… but gs isnt so fast and i need at least 45%+ crit chance, only a little and stupid exemple:
if EM procs only every 5sec and my auto attack (1 sinlge attack) requires 1sec to land, if my crit chance is over 50% i may need 2 attacks to get the crit and so i would lose 1 second… but isnt that problem…
4)the build you posted was right… but there are few things i dont like,
this is an exemple of a typical build which i like to play:
power -> as much as i can
thougness -> around 1600 (under 1600 i cant accept… maybe you are right … it’s a psychological fact … but i cant xD )
crit chance -> 45-50% not more that 50% nor less than 45%
crit damage multiplier -> more than 75%
vitality -> at least 300 (from traits) but isnt a priority for me

so in ordeto to start to work on this build i want to start with thougness which has a cap (1600) and basically i need an equip that give me 1600-916 (base) -150 (strength in numbers) – 300 (traits) = 234 thougness from equip
same process for precision:
to reach 45% crit chance i need 1777 precision
so basically: 1777 – 916 (base) – 80 ( precision which i get from retributive armor with exactly 1600 thougness) = 781 – 128 (from GS berserker) = 653 precision from equip

starting from those i can do some exemples with full single type gear:
full berserker/ full knight (main) : 224 precision/ 224 precision and 315 thougness

trinkets:
full berserker (only ascendend withouth gems or anything over): 376 precision

first conclusions for precision:
653 – 376 (full zerker off set)= 277 precision remaining
so i still need all the main equip full zerker or knight and arent enough because i need 53 more precision in order to reach 45% crit chance.

Now the question is: what rune use on equip?? because:
-if i use rune of soldier:
i need less thougness on equip so i can swap knight for valkyrie or berserker
-if i use rune of pack:
i need 47 less precision from equip so i swap knight/berserker for valkyrie
-if i use rune of lyssa:
i need 102 less precision from equip so i can swap a lot of pieces from knight/berserker for valkyrie

i dont know what to do here… because that chooise will change everything in the build and i dont want to pay 54g for 6xrune of cittadel…
any suggestion?

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

3) i would not consider foodfad, he just want the “full berserker” equip because he thinks that “stunningstyles” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgYhGde9Qmc&feature=c4-overview&list=UUTR1RaHwL3UEx4DB6SzoiBQ) is really a pro gamer… anyway please dont use references to his useless posts.

Lol, what? I didn’t even post in Stunningstyles’ thread.

I don’t know why you have such a huge problem with me, but any time you’d like to address it substantively instead of trying to insult me every other post in this thread without me even being a part of the conversation, please: send me a PM instead of kittening up your own thread. You’d be doing yourself a favor.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.