Guild Warriors 2

Guild Warriors 2

in Guardian

Posted by: Abe Kleine.3568

Abe Kleine.3568

I hate to say I agree, but I agree. Guardian is in a good spot…they need to nerf warriors. Guardian is useful in every aspect of the game…whether it is fractals, or dungeons, or WvW….its just that Warriors are too OP right now that it makes guardians seem bad. They are in no way as bad as Rangers or Ele’s right now though….those two classes and even Mesmer needs far more help than guardian.

…… Spirit weapons…. drops the mic

stop whining about bad utilities. every class has some of those.

compared to warriors they seem lacking, but guardians ARE pretty good in every mode of the game (rather on the OP side of balance, imo). other classes definitely need more attention.

Ahem….. Spirit Weapons… drops the mic a 2nd time

Guild Warriors 2

in Guardian

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

drop your mic all you want, doesnt make your point any more valid.
there are A LOT of useless utilities across all classes, not just spirit weapons.

this thread is easymode class No.2 complaining aboud easymode class No.1.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

Guild Warriors 2

in Guardian

Posted by: Abe Kleine.3568

Abe Kleine.3568

drop your mic all you want, doesnt make your point any more valid.
there are A LOT of useless utilities across all classes, not just spirit weapons.

this thread is easymode class No.2 complaining aboud easymode class No.1.

No, my point it pretty valid. It’s not just 1, 2 or maybe even 3 utilities that are useless. There’s an entire utility set that’s useless that’s 4, plus signet’s of wrath, mercy and bane that’s 7 and if you happen to be a sylvari, that’s 9 COMPLETELY USELESS UTILITIES! I don’t want easy mode I want FUN mode

Guild Warriors 2

in Guardian

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

There is a misconception that being efficient equals to quality play. I am currently leveling my Guardian alt, he is 60 right now. Indeed we can be quite efficient and irreplaceable for many groups. We are in a good spot. But we are not in a fun spot. I also have a 80 level Necromancer and I can say that the two classes have problems that share the same point.

The problem is, both classes share a pet playstyle that is not integrated to class and both classes share the same amount of energy and investments as Mesmers and Rangers, classes that are thoroughly integrated with the concept of pets. Necromancer’s Death Magic line was practically dedicated to its minions. He also has two other trees that has master and grandmaster traits dedicated to minions. Whereas he only has one trait in all 5 of the trees that is concerned with signets. Though Guardians do not have an entire trait tree dedicated to spirit weapons, up to 4 trees have major traits dedicated to spirit weapons, also consisting of master and grandmaster traits. Whereas he has only several traits that is concerned with signets that have questionable values and uses. At the end however, both minions/spirit weapons and signets are utility skills and should be addressed equally. However, as it stands if you do not choose or flat out unable to use minions/spirit weapons you also can’t efficiently build on signets either, so you are left with only 8-10 skills. There seems to be a silent trade off between the two utility skill sets that ultimately results in cancelling them out. No matter how deep or efficient these skills may be, they will not be enough to keep players interested for too long.

The reason Warriors are so good is that they are quasi Guardians that do not have the problem of having too much energy spent on an arguably broken option and too little on another set of utilities. All 4 of their utility skill sets are efficient and has more or less equal energy shared for them.

Guild Warriors 2

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

No matter how deep or efficient these skills may be, they will not be enough to keep players interested for too long.

I think the entire post was great.

Guardian’s problem has not been its overall power. Its sat in the middle of the pack since Beta. Its problem is that the gameplay is not fun. I know I grew bored some time ago.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Guild Warriors 2

in Guardian

Pregnantman.8259

Sometimes I cant help but to wonder if its the Zodiac Heavy Armor that gives me the motivation to continue leveling my Guardian Maybe it will get more fun when I get to 80, no?

Guild Warriors 2

in Guardian

Posted by: MercilessLemurs.7459

MercilessLemurs.7459

Guards are in a great spot. Say what you wish, but their boon support is second to none. No damage you say? Meditation pvp zerk build guys, hits like a truck. If you aren’t satisfied you aren’t playing it right. It’s not an easy class, but it’s very rewarding.

Guild Warriors 2

in Guardian

Pregnantman.8259

Most people in here aren’t complaining about the damage, the support or general efficiency. Guardian is in a great spot as you say, but when you are limited to use half of your utility skills and only a bunch of builds (which offer more or less the same gameplay) and it is mostly better to auto attack you start not to care about how satisfying or rewarding the class is.