HAMMER QoL and buffs changes sugestions.

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikhael.2391

Mikhael.2391

Ill start by stating the obvious:
1° hammer 5 cast while moving.
2° hammer 2 small leap like gs3
3° the third atack on auto should have a decreased cast.

in Guardian

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

I’m not sure why people keep using the phrase, Quality of Life, when referring to clear buffs to existing abilities.

With that said, Ring of Warden to be cast while moving would be nice. Mighty Blow is fine as it is. And third chain should most definitely have a decreased cast time.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Guardian

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Hammer #3 should be targeted like Deflecting Shot/LB3.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Guardian

Mikhael.2391

I’m not sure why people keep using the phrase, Quality of Life, when referring to clear buffs to existing abilities.

With that said, Ring of Warden to be cast while moving would be nice. Mighty Blow is fine as it is. And third chain should most definitely have a decreased cast time.

You r right. ill just change subject.

in Guardian

Mikhael.2391

Hmm you mean like druid staff root aswell… it could work but i think its better as it is regarding the possible combos right now. Also it would be slower due to point and cast.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Changes I’d like to see to hammer from a pvp/wvw perspective:

1. Decreased cast time on the hammer auto-attack chain. Personally I’d like it to be placed on the first two hits but if the cast time was reduced on the third strike that would be alright.

2. Mighty Blow is fine as is. I would prefer that it moved you a bit faster or had a slight range increase but a 4 to 5 second blast-finisher that hits pretty hard when traited isn’t half-bad.

3. Increase the immobilize time to 2.25 or 2.5s again. I don’t think the increased speed justified the nerf to the immob time.

4. Banish should affect up to 3 targets considering it’s long cast-time and animation.

5. Mobile ring of warding! This I want the most.

in Guardian

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

I’d honestly love it if Banish had a bit more use then just being a solo-knockback.. like a small cone of damage behind the target.

Just my two cent.

in Guardian

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Hmm you mean like druid staff root aswell… it could work but i think its better as it is regarding the possible combos right now. Also it would be slower due to point and cast.

Pretty much. This skill is far too easy to strafe when there’s a bit of distance between you and the target. If it were aim-able, you could atleast try to anticipate your opponent.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Guardian

Mikhael.2391

Changes I’d like to see to hammer from a pvp/wvw perspective:

1. Decreased cast time on the hammer auto-attack chain. Personally I’d like it to be placed on the first two hits but if the cast time was reduced on the third strike that would be alright.

2. Mighty Blow is fine as is. I would prefer that it moved you a bit faster or had a slight range increase but a 4 to 5 second blast-finisher that hits pretty hard when traited isn’t half-bad.

3. Increase the immobilize time to 2.25 or 2.5s again. I don’t think the increased speed justified the nerf to the immob time.

4. Banish should affect up to 3 targets considering it’s long cast-time and animation.

5. Mobile ring of warding! This I want the most.

Regarding ur banish idea i think it would be usefull to knock back maybe 3 people close together. Maybe add a burn or 2 to it?

in Guardian

Mikhael.2391

Pretty much. This skill is far too easy to strafe when there’s a bit of distance between you and the target. If it were aim-able, you could atleast try to anticipate your opponent.

I try to aim by untargeting and facing the direction i want it. but not that confortable :/

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

1. Remove one tick from SoP and adjust the casting (and dps) of step three in the chain to maintain overall damage.
2. Increase range on mighty blow .
3. lower the speed on Zealots embrace to what it was before but increase damage so its a part of a damage rotation in pve and a burst rotation in pvp.
4.Increase damage and make it two/three opponents. Making it more valid in pvp and making it a part of a burst/dps in rotation in pvp/pve.
5. Make it possible to move while casting ring of warding and make it a fire field.

Imo this would make the weapon up to date and more fun to play.

Also lower cd on RoW and Banish. Those are crazy long cool downs (RoW especially) considering that the amount of stability has increased greatly. This is a flaw many guardian skills have, the cool downs are not in relation with the impact of the skill. Imo no weapon skill should have more than 15s cd. Its just boring to swap to a weapon and find only 3 skills (one of them is the chain) being off cd. I think its counter intuitive to the weapon swapping concept.

(edited by Brutaly.6257)

in Guardian

Mikhael.2391

1. Remove one tick from SoP and adjust the casting (and dps) of step three in the chain to maintain overall damage.
3. lower the speed on Zealots embrace to what it was before but increase damage so its a part of a damage rotation in pve and a burst rotation in pvp.
4.Increase damage and make it two/three opponents. Making it more valid in pvp and making it a part of a burst/dps in rotation in pvp/pve.
5. Make it possible to move while casting ring of warding and make it a fire field.

Also lower cd on RoW and Banish. Those are crazy long cool downs (RoW especially) considering that the amount of stability has increased greatly. This is a flaw many guardian skills have, the cool downs are not in relation with the impact of the skill. Imo no weapon skill should have more than 15s cd. Its just boring to swap to a weapon and find only 3 skills (one of them is the chain) being off cd. I think its counter intuitive to the weapon swapping concept.

I like your ideas m8 but those seems like near perfect changes that wont happen ever unfortunatly. I think the increase damage on 3 and 4 would have to be very small otherwise every hit from hammer would be big.

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

I like your ideas m8 but those seems like near perfect changes that wont happen ever unfortunatly. I think the increase damage on 3 and 4 would have to be very small otherwise every hit from hammer would be big.

It depends on the reduction on the chain. My point is to maintain overall damage (DPS) on the weapon but incorporate more skills (and skill) in order to achieve it.

To be honest, chain MB, ZE, Banish and RoW as skills are very telegraphed and i can actually see a slight DPS increase in the weapon if the player had to use 4 skills to achieve it. This would increase burst in pvp and also making it more fun in pve and at the same time force the palyer to swap to an other weapon (in pve) in order to maintain dps, given that som damage was distributed from the chain into skill 2-4.

in Guardian

Mikhael.2391

Humm maybe yeah. also i would like some changes in the hammer trait. Maybe domethi g diferent from the chill?

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

Humm maybe yeah. also i would like some changes in the hammer trait. Maybe domethi g diferent from the chill?

1:st i would like it in an other traitline, that is the important part imo.

Second i could actually see that the trait would apply burn on everý third hit, including SoP. That would make it so it has lots of synergy with other traits and trait lines and open up some build diversity in both pve and pvp/wvw.

Or why not bleed so we would have access over time to a reliable cover condi.

in Guardian

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Get the hammer trait the hell out of virtues to start with.

in Guardian

Mikhael.2391

hammer on a diferent trait line? Only if it were on DH traitline. i dont see myself running hammer at all in wvw if the trait wasnt in one of the mandatory traitlines. would not sacrifice neither virtues or medis so hammer would be useless.

in Guardian

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

hammer on a diferent trait line? Only if it were on DH traitline. i dont see myself running hammer at all in wvw if the trait wasnt in one of the mandatory traitlines. would not sacrifice neither virtues or medis so hammer would be useless.

You could move it to Valor and instead put the shield, a supportive buff weapon, in Virtues where it would thematically makemore sense.

At least in my opinion. Guard-Shield in Valor always feels… weird to me.