Hammer #5 petition

Hammer #5 petition

in Guardian

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Why hammer #5 cant be used while moving like warrior hammer #4? In the warrior was a QoL change, why guardian hammer #5 dont? Is pretty annoying stop to use it.

Hammer #5 petition

in Guardian

Posted by: Periclitor.1892

Periclitor.1892

Cause that would make us equal to warriors in one aspect, Anet does not want this game to be balanced. They want warriors to be top at everything, there is a reason it is called Guild Warriors 2.

Periclltor – Guardian
Account and Char® name could
be the same, Profanity!?

Hammer #5 petition

in Guardian

Posted by: Finnway.2183

Finnway.2183

there is a reason it is called Guild Warriors 2.

Thanks for clarifying that.

This game is not about out-DPSing you. It’s about out-flashing you.

Hammer #5 petition

in Guardian

Posted by: xFireize.6318

xFireize.6318

Go ahead and play Warrior. Why struggle playing a class that’s constantly compared to another? I’m fine with Hammer #5. There are other more important things to fix.

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend
Why bother being a Guardian if you don’t guard anyone?

(edited by xFireize.6318)

Hammer #5 petition

in Guardian

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Go ahead and play Warrior. Why struggle playing a class that’s constantly compared to another.

I have a warrior full equipped, i want to play with my guardian too. The guardian hammer 5 and warrior hammer 4 has almost the same mechanic with different effect. In the warrior they “fix” it in a QoL change (their words), why not in guardian? In the warrior an aoe push/disable is more effective in movement than guardian hammer #5 in balance terms. But they said “is a QoL change”.

Warrior and guardians are too similar, and dont say “guardian has more support” because the warrior has the same support but more offensive. Both heavy melee oriented class with strong support abilities if builded for that.

Hammer #5 petition

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

there is a huge difference in Warrior 4 and Guard 5 hammer skills from my perspective though. warrior 4 can knock you back ONCE. while Guardian 5, the ring is a warding and if you have someone who hasn’t encountered a RoW before, they can be knocked down 3, 4 times. so perhaps it is compensation for that. you can trap people, you can hold a choke, it’s a combo field… while the warrior 4 cannot do that.

many Guards have been asking for hammer 5 to be either instant cast, or to be able to use it while moving. though, it’s more or less, fine as is right now. though, if you put it taht way, i guess changing this could also be a “QoL change” as well for the Guard.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Hammer #5 petition

in Guardian

Posted by: Oren.1736

Oren.1736

I don’t think technically you can even have skill 5 work on move, it would then need to be instantaneous. I think the way it is now is fine, hard to execute but in a proper group fight getting stuck in that is high chance of death.
The only thing that needs fixing is how easy it is for some classes to cheese their way out with weird evade dodges they learned to do.

S U P E R Oron – [TCHU]
Charr Guardian – Gandara(EU)
“KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOMS”

Hammer #5 petition

in Guardian

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

I would just like to see speed boost to hammer #5
it is so slow

Hammer #5 petition

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

yea, shorter cast time, but still rooted would be fine by me as well.

and yea, it’s a bit weird how certain dodges / evades or even jumps, i’ve heard?? can completely negate the warding. (though ain’t gonna lie, love it when i bypass an enemies ring, muahahahah)

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Hammer #5 petition

in Guardian

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Nope only stability and teleport can go throught warding.
At least what I have seen so far.

Hammer #5 petition

in Guardian

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Making this usable while moving would be great. Its sooo slow right now a person would have to be afk or stupid for you to effectively use it against them. It just needs to come out a tiny bit faster and be usable by moving. And i mean come on, its not like i’m going to outrun anyone while wielding a hammer anyway. Has no movement skills on it and guards are pretty slow to begin with.

Hammer #5 petition

in Guardian

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

How about they fix it so that when the ring is casted ontop of you it’s not a perma knockdown.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

Hammer #5 petition

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Why hammer #5 cant be used while moving like warrior hammer #4? In the warrior was a QoL change, why guardian hammer #5 dont? Is pretty annoying stop to use it.

Hah! Are you crazy. This change will never happen. Guardian is suppose to be the slowest and most sluggish class in the game, because they are so powerful. A change like this would make it so guardian actually has some sort of mobility.

Remember Anet wants guardians to port to a spot and expected to stay there and fight it out. Even if there is no one around and in worst cases, they want to damage you outside your spot.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Hammer #5 petition

in Guardian

Posted by: Aimhirghin.7502

Aimhirghin.7502

I’m less concerned with hammer 5 and more concerned with hammer #1’s third strike. I get that it’s a defensive symbol, but actually landing the third strike on pretty much any class that’s dim witted enough to just stand next to you? It’s so rare.

My options are get kited trying to land hammer 1.3 or hammer 5, or stand in place and pray the arrows raining down on me are from a friendly spirit bow. Because, you know, people use those.

Hammer #5 petition

in Guardian

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Go ahead and play Warrior. Why struggle playing a class that’s constantly compared to another? I’m fine with Hammer #5. There are other more important things to fix.

Why even bother though…

Devs like JP come on and ask for feedback, get tons, and go back to doing what they would have done without the feedback.

Getting changes made to the Guardian class is like trying to squeeze water from a stone with your bare hands. It may feel like you’re getting somewhere, but that’s just the sweat from your palms…not the stone.

Hammer #5 petition

in Guardian

Posted by: BlackStabbath.9780

BlackStabbath.9780

“Guardians” are suppose to stand in one spot and whack anything that comes near them. Hence their name “to guard”. Therefore, don’t expect anet to deviate from this and redesign them into a mobile force like the warrior.

The original design of the class allowed guardians to be very effective at holding points. Because so many people complained and their classes were “buffed” beyond anything the guardians of old could defend against. Now the guardian class as a whole is just an underpowered or watered down warrior with none of their inherent mobility tricks.

Hammer #5 petition

in Guardian

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

there is a huge difference in Warrior 4 and Guard 5 hammer skills from my perspective though. warrior 4 can knock you back ONCE. while Guardian 5, the ring is a warding and if you have someone who hasn’t encountered a RoW before, they can be knocked down 3, 4 times. so perhaps it is compensation for that. you can trap people, you can hold a choke, it’s a combo field… while the warrior 4 cannot do that.

many Guards have been asking for hammer 5 to be either instant cast, or to be able to use it while moving. though, it’s more or less, fine as is right now. though, if you put it taht way, i guess changing this could also be a “QoL change” as well for the Guard.

Staff 4 is also on the move and that was an amazing change when they did that.

Gate of Madness