Hammer Guardian in PvP?

Hammer Guardian in PvP?

in Guardian

Posted by: Lycard.8329

Lycard.8329

I recently started playing the game, and I’m thoroughly enjoying it. However, I desperately want to make a hammer guardian work in PvP. I’ve tried using the standard MediGuard setup with a hammer instead, and of course change a few of the traits around, but it just feels … off.

Is there something I’m missing about the hammer and the way you build for it (sigils, runes, stats, etc.)? Or is the weapon just really not that great in sPvP? I usually go Marauder amulet, and use the hammer as a support weapon in place of the S/F setup.

Usual combo being Ring of Warding -> J.Intervention -> Banish -> Sigil -> Spin, but it just doesn’t feel effective at all, so I’m wondering if I’m missing something.

So feel free to post your Guardian hammer builds, or other tips and general discussion about the hammer, would appreciate it. Cheers!

Hammer Guardian in PvP?

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

You can’t take Glacial Heart with Absolute Resolution. That’s why Hammer build is in such a bad place right now. You don’t have the right burst without Glacial hearts and you don’t the right survivability without Absolute Resolution.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Hammer Guardian in PvP?

in Guardian

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

-You have No on demand Interrupt.
-You have No on demand Damage Spike.
-By the time you complete the chain you are likelly dead.
-Easy to Kite

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

Hammer Guardian in PvP?

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

On that note, I don’t think burn guardians with Absolute Resolution and Indomitable Courage perform any better that power guardians of the same virtue trait line, imo.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Hammer Guardian in PvP?

in Guardian

Posted by: x indigo x.6981

x indigo x.6981

I’ve been fiddling around with a build these days but i haven’t fully decided on some things it it. It uses hammer so i figured why not share it here

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNArdSlsAhyhY1QwZIQQEHzD1tAahao+AXZAk/iU8FB-TZRGwAAeAAHOCAg2fwwpAYZZAA

I’ts follows similar princibles as the cele ele builds. By focusing on might stacking and sustain. You stack might thgouth the scepter attacks from a s distance then when you’re ready to engage, you place the Purging flames on the enemy, follow it with a Smite from scepter and may Chains of Light, you get in the purging flames and use Shield of Wrath for the blast, swap to hammer and use Mighty Blow for another blast , pop your Elite feel my wrath for quickness and keep cleaving with auto hammer until mighty blow is ready again and use it. When weapon swap is ready , disengage and use scepter again and rinse and repeat. Your meditations are mainly for personal sustain and possibly for extra fury if you need it.

Give it a shot and let me know how it feels. It’s not optimal but it’s a different way of playing guard.

Best of luck

Hammer Guardian in PvP?

in Guardian

Posted by: RevanCorana.8942

RevanCorana.8942

For hammer, sigil of rage is great.
I use this build with either marauder or celestial amulet as a sustain dps good for 1v1 and teamfights: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAS8elsAhuhY1QwcIwPEHNE1dYXgAAPBRQXmnv7L/A-TZxHwAEeAABOCAC3fAwFBoYZAA

It uses sword for the teleport and burst/block projectile, then shield that synergise with hammer and sword more than focus.
Honor gives vigor on crits and bonus endurance if virtue of resolve is up, dodging heals for 689 with celes. The Rune gives vigor too.
Heal with aegis for 925
Aegis pops with F3, at 50% health, or when disabled, and when reviving…

(edited by RevanCorana.8942)

Hammer Guardian in PvP?

in Guardian

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Both too slow, rogue is going to destroy you before you ever get to put the simbol down.

Dont have the damage to fight real bunkers.

Warrior and GS guardians will burst you down, have higher dps and you simply cant race them to 0.

The problem with hamme is that the simbol is at the end of the 3s chain. In a world where everybody crits for 3k every second, that is just an eternity.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

Hammer Guardian in PvP?

in Guardian

RevanCorana.8942

Nah the build works fine try it, against warriors and regular medi guards both, thieves are easier.
I’m not sure which amulet is the best yet but both work (Marauder and Celes)

The thing is the hammer is SLOW therefore require a bit more tankiness but all those CC are very good (and fun) and people don’t expect it from a guardian most of the time.
The autoattack symbol shouldnt be used often if you’re doing it right.

Hammer Guardian in PvP?

in Guardian

Posted by: x indigo x.6981

x indigo x.6981

It uses sword for the teleport and burst/block projectile, then shield that synergise with hammer and sword more than focus.

Could you please elaborate on why you think the shield synergise better than focus with hammer and sword?

Hammer Guardian in PvP?

in Guardian

RevanCorana.8942

Could you please elaborate on why you think the shield synergise better than focus with hammer and sword?

I simply thought
Hammer is a CC weapon
Shield 5 is an AOE knockback
That just goes together, you don’t want to have no CC option when swapping out your hammer that would break the flow.
Focus is only better for burst, shield has team protection with reliable animation.
Sword is the best gap closer for guards and it’s more projectile blocking

Hammer Guardian in PvP?

in Guardian

Posted by: lolo.6105

lolo.6105

i really love hammer and play it, but still need glacial heart and absolute resolution at same time, now i play with absolute ,its stronger choice for me but glacial heart is needed, Karl change it
sry for my bad english

Hammer Guardian in PvP?

in Guardian

Posted by: lolo.6105

lolo.6105

i really love hammer and play it, but still need glacial heart and absolute resolution at same time, now i play with absolute ,its stronger choice for me but glacial heart is needed, Karl change it
sry for my bad english

Hammer Guardian in PvP?

in Guardian

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Hammer in spvp died with the change to glacial heart.