Hammer builds for WvW

Hammer builds for WvW

in Guardian

Posted by: Corvus.3681

Corvus.3681

What are some good builds that incorporate hammers into them for WvW?

Ideally, I’d like to hear about something with good surivability and let’s me be credit to team.

Edit: I just noticed the sticked AH and hammer build which pretty much covers what I am looking for! But what else have you guys come up with?

(edited by Corvus.3681)

Hammer builds for WvW

in Guardian

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

My current build runs like this:

Main Weapon: Hammer (5% damage increase sigil)
Secondary weapons: Scepter / Torch (20% chill chance when crit on scepter, 60% chance to remove boons on crit to enemies on torch)

Traits:
20 Zeal – With Binding Jeopardy and Fiery Wrath.
30 Valor – With Meditation Mastery, Retributive Armor, and Monk’s Focus.
20 Honor – With Superior Aria, and 2-Handed Mastery.
Utility Skills: Judge’s Intervention, Retreat, Contemplation of Purity, and Renewed Focus as my elite.

The overall focus of this build / weapon combo is to capitalize on the near constant burn effect that you can place on enemies, and the fact that you have 2 immobilize skills that also apply vulnerability on enemies is AWESOME in PvP / PvE. Plus with the scepter / torch combo you can have 3 aoe’s up at once (Smite, Zealot’s Flame [which works like a shout and can be activated while casting other skills], and Cleansing Flame.) This weapon / build focus is also geared at not having to worry about having someone targetted to do damage to them, so thieves and mesmers who try to abuse their invis skills can’t really do much when I can essentially set fire to everything around me, then just control / pound on them with the hammer skills. Also the scepter / torch moves are on crazy low cooldowns, so you can easily use all your scepter / torch skills to initiate, swap to hammer, and if they get some distance on you switch back to scepter / torch and everything will be up again. My utlities are all geared around breaking stuns, gap closing, and turning my conditions into boons. Lots of people are going condition damage these days it seems, and the fact that we can turn any conditions to boons for us is insanely powerful. My gear is mostly Power / Vitality focused, with Precision, Toughness, Healing Power, and Condition Damage / Crit Damage peppered in where I can. ATM My Guardian has about 3.2k attack, 2.6k armor, 22-30% crit chance, 50% increased crit damage, and almost 18k health. My Guardian is at his tankiest with his hammer due to the protection symbol proc from the hammer autoattack, and if you use the blast finisher on #2 when it’s up you and nearby allies gain retaliation which is always great. Lastly his runeset is the Superior Vampirism set. Did that for the 5% lifesteal chance, 100% lifesteal chance when you use your healing skill, and that mist form when you drop below 10% health has saved me on so many occasions when severely outnumbered in wvw to escape as you can heal and/or pop utilities while in mist form and they can’t touch you.

Hope that helps!