Hammer

Hammer

in Guardian

Posted by: Hopeless.5403

Hopeless.5403

Banish spell I’ve noticed the npc or target will be knocked back but then it will reappear at its original location. Is this intended?

Hammer

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Do you have Ring of Warding up? They’ll be knocked back, but get stuck on the Ring instead of flying to the full extent of the spell.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Hammer

in Guardian

Hopeless.5403

Do you have Ring of Warding up? They’ll be knocked back, but get stuck on the Ring instead of flying to the full extent of the spell.

No I usually don’t use the ring spell. It’s weird, they fly the full extent but find it instantly back at its original location. Could be lag I guess??? It doesn’t happen every time.

(edited by Hopeless.5403)

Hammer

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Lag is all I can figure then. If it’s a player, and they use a stunbreak during their flight animation, they can cancel it but it just drops them on their feet wherever they are rather than back at their original location. NPCs don’t have stunbreaks that I know of.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Hammer

in Guardian

Hopeless.5403

Lag is all I can figure then. If it’s a player, and they use a stunbreak during their flight animation, they can cancel it but it just drops them on their feet wherever they are rather than back at their original location. NPCs don’t have stunbreaks that I know of.

No, I don’t use in pvp / wvw. Currently I’m just leveling the character doing pve stuff….

If it continues I’ll try and grab a vid of it and post it on the forums. Ty for the info!

btw nice guardian thread you’ve posted.

Hammer

in Guardian

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Sometimes it happens in terrain I’ve noticed with other such spells. like for example if you punt something onto a wide stone flat or something changing in the terrain they can isntantly snap back when they get up, it’s really disorienting.

I can’t recall it from before so it must be a newish thing. Or else just less lucky lately. Also that was all pve experience

Hammer

in Guardian

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

I noticed this with all CC skills of that kind (push, knockback, launch) for quite some time now. It could be lag, but apart from the NPCs resetting to their original location I don’t experience anything.
Sometimes it works on my own character as well (Engi rifle 4 for example), where I get reset to my original location instantly.

My guess? With all the teleport hacking in the game they changed some things to add checks for movement and sometimes movement induced by skills is too quick or something, and you or the NPCs get reset.

Hammer

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

It a glitch or something. You can sometimes see it in Queensdale if you fight the moas or bulls near claypool. They fear themselves and will run away for a bit, then port right back to where they first had the fear. Its probably some movement and pathing code that’s getting jumbled up when these things happen.

Fishsticks