Hammers look terrible, Please fix

in Guardian

Posted by: Zydon.4587

Zydon.4587

Seriously, who designed the Hammer models.

Greatswords look AWESOME!

Hammers look like a knobby toothpick, even the top end ones. The designs are good but the heads are way to small.

And don’t tell me it’s realistic, cause the Greatswords are freakin huge.

Please, for the love of Hammer users everywhere.

Please Please Please make them look better.

in Guardian

Posted by: Eveningstar.6940

Eveningstar.6940

Have you considered the Ebonhawke hammer?

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/ebonvanguardweapons1.jpg

The hammer looks amazing, and costs a paltry 9800 Karma. That’s two days worth of Dailies. It’s my favorite Hammer model, and the one I’m swinging now. Their staff is pretty nice, too.

Valerie Cross: Roleplayer, Writer, Tarnished Coast

A Beginner’s Guide to Guardians

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Vigil faction gear all the way, the swords look awful but the rest is just amazing. I run a full vigil setup on my vit/tough/pov besides swords.

The focus, candles (lol), is just beyond cool and fitting for a guardian. Scepter, hammer and staff are all great design, imo the best looking gear in the game.

@EveningStar
Where can i buy that hammer, would like it on one of my hammers that has a pearl skin which is just awful.

in Guardian

Posted by: Eveningstar.6940

Eveningstar.6940

Go to the Fields of Ruin, in the Ebon Vanguard stronghold. There are Karma vendors there who sell weapons.

All three tiers of Ebonhawke weapons have the same skin, so just buy the T1 and transmute.

Valerie Cross: Roleplayer, Writer, Tarnished Coast

A Beginner’s Guide to Guardians

in Guardian

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

Actually when I saw this post I was pretty excited because I think the seperatist hammer is one of the better looking hammer models in the game. I went to the stronghold and was a little dissapointed to see that they made the texture so flat and ugly when the seperatist hammer looks like a nice polished steel hammer. I grabbed one anyway and threw it in my bank but I`ll probably never use it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Trungalung.7850

Trungalung.7850

http://www.gw2db.com/items/67167-foefires-power-of-peril#

Nothing better than smashing someone face with a spirit hammer. Yes, it glows and have a chain connected to it just like our skill.

in Guardian

Posted by: Zeke Minus.5720

Zeke Minus.5720

I found the asura cultural hammer to be quite nice compared to most choices.

in Guardian

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

They have some nice hammer designs but come on, its a giant hammer what do you expect them to have done with them really.

in Guardian

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Also running peacemaker weapons (gs, hammer, staff and switching as needed) but having Mjölnir as a long-term goal (Lightning Hammer skin).

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i personally feel many of the hammers are great! the Ebonhawke one is very nice indeed, Eveningstar. i ran with the glyphic hammer for a while, and that was pretty fun. the Norn hammer is not too bad looking and currently i’m running with the Lionsguard hammer. agree that the heads can be bigger, while some of the shafts seem shortened on certain models, but some existing models are pretty darn great.

tat being said, always welcome new models and skins in later dates!

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Draeka.5941

Draeka.5941

It’s a bit pricey, but the Punisher is an awesome hammer skin. Much more affordable than the Foefire/legendary, though. Plus, the Honor of the Waves hammer skin is quite nice.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

I like the Seraph one, for some reason. The tiny head as a focus point for smashy time.

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

I like my weapons simple and realistic. I pretty much abhor fantasy weapons that look like they’ll break or get stuck when you actually use them.
For Hammers I’ve liked the elegant simplicity of the (I think) Krytan skin.

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Posted by: Daedalus.3954

Daedalus.3954

I have to agree. Some of them look paperthin. Like giant axes. Puff out those Hammers and make them look like the sledges they need to be!

Commander Kaena Godsfire – Guardian
Server – Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Posted by: kuroi.5467

kuroi.5467

i can’t lie if you’re a guardian looking for on-theme weapons and frequent dungeons, teh AC ghastly set is pretty awesome. They’re MUCH easier to get than Foe Fire, and I personally think they actually look /better/ when they’re lit up (again they only light up in the dark, but dungeons count). Especially the 2H weapons.

in Guardian

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

Depending on your race, it will vary due to the scaling.

As a Human, I find most of the Hammers to be completely unrealistic AND unappealing.

The only 3 Hammer skins I’ve liked are:

1.) Orrian Traveler’s. It’s the tallest Hammer in the game. The ratio of the head size to the length of the handle is actually visually appealing. It’s not just a sledgehammer with a head the size of my torso.

2.) Seraph Hammer. It’s realistic and also has a nice head size to lenge of handle ratio. It’s not that tall, but the size of the head actually matches the length of the handle.

3.) The Juggernaut. No explanation needed.

Edit: I now use The Punisher, so make that 4.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Alarox.4590)

in Guardian

Posted by: xeroslash.1032

xeroslash.1032

Personally I’ve been a fan of Glyphic weapon skins in general – hammer isn’t too shabby and I use the skin too.

Moreover, Glyphic weapons are dirt cheap on the TP if you want to just use them as skin material for transmutations

in Guardian

Posted by: Poplik.8697

Poplik.8697

any idea how to get this one?

http://www.gw2db.com/items/54582-magmas-arm#

in Guardian

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

any idea how to get this one?

http://www.gw2db.com/items/54582-magmas-arm#

That was my favorite hammer in gw. I Liked the way it looked back then better though. The lava texture looks ugly. Every once in awhile you see one of these on the tp but it costs a fortune.

in Guardian

Posted by: GrandMaster.6195

GrandMaster.6195

Seriously, who designed the Hammer models.

Greatswords look AWESOME!

Hammers look like a knobby toothpick, even the top end ones. The designs are good but the heads are way to small.

And don’t tell me it’s realistic, cause the Greatswords are freakin huge.

Please, for the love of Hammer users everywhere.

Please Please Please make them look better.

in Guardian

GrandMaster.6195

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Foefire%27s_Power This what you’re looking for? :D

in Guardian

GrandMaster.6195

It’s a bit pricey, but the Punisher is an awesome hammer skin. Much more affordable than the Foefire/legendary, though. Plus, the Honor of the Waves hammer skin is quite nice.

in Guardian

GrandMaster.6195

How much does The Punisher cost tho? 1 gold? 5 gold?

in Guardian

Posted by: Telegraph.7509

Telegraph.7509

How much does The Punisher cost tho? 1 gold? 5 gold?

The Punisher is actually one of the lowest-cost exotic hammers you can get. Usually it runs around 1-2 gold for instant buys. I bought it for about 65 silver with a buy order.

But I am not really sure if it’s that great looking – it just a giant grey spiked mace.

(edited by Telegraph.7509)

in Guardian

Posted by: Bargaw.4832

Bargaw.4832

Did you mean modnir punisher? You can buy this skin for 500karma at http://www.gw2db.com/npcs/300936-forward-scout-greta
It looks nice, but it’s just mace;/

(edited by Bargaw.4832)

in Guardian

Posted by: Storm.3952

Storm.3952

As a Charr I bought the cheap skin from the event we’ve just had (which i’ve been told exists the rest of the time too), which is a golden lion. I think it looks quite nice and almost a mini me :P

Attachments:

in Guardian

Posted by: Glog.4275

Glog.4275

I think Norn’s T2 cult hammer looks pretty good.

Attachments:

in Guardian

Posted by: ThePainTrain.8190

ThePainTrain.8190

Have you seen the magmaton hammer it’s what I use for appearance I love it?
The lava actually moves in the hammer so cool! And it doesn’t have a tiny hammer at the end!

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magmaton

Also the legendary hammer OMG it looks so cool! Once I have my twightlight sword I’m getting that bad boy.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lenrt.6102

Lenrt.6102

I like the look of the Kodan hammers. You can get them at the Honor the waves dungeon merchant.

in Guardian

Posted by: Cultus.8031

Cultus.8031

THIS is what i love about GW. On first glimpse you could think that hammers are ugly as a Quasimodo, but once you google a bit you can see that there are some kick * hammers in game, you just need to work for those. A bit of exploring, a bit of transmuting, a bit of grinding (if you are type to craft Mjolnir for example) and you can have awesome hammer. THAT is difference between GW and rest mmos, if you wanna look tough you need to work for it.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gallery_of_hammers …..and there is much more to it

in Guardian

Posted by: xScrubking.2748

xScrubking.2748

The designers would do well to hear their fan’s suggestions.

What I’ve been seeing is huge, immaculate, stunning, and intimidating Greatswords. The kind from the Anime shows – you know, the small fella swinging a ridiculously large halberd (Bonkotsu). Now that’s really really cool.

Here is our characters who’re hammer wielders… they swing slightly bigger maces. Instead of a ball at the end, it’s a square.

What would be far out is if these hammers were scaled along with greatswords, and designed with more consideration for detail and “awe.” I want to appear like I’m swinging around a feather-lite Great. Big. W-A-R-H-A-M-M-E-R. SMASH. CRUSH.
Since the weight is at one end, the hammer should swing with such force and then SLAM against things.

It really only looks and feels like a slightly bigger mace. Help us your lowly hammer wielders.

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Krytan (Human T1) is literally the only hammer skin I will ever use. All the rest are hideous. It’s also the only one that looks like an actual weapon.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

xScrubking.2748

I see that one. It looks pretty decent.

in Guardian

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

THIS is what i love about GW. On first glimpse you could think that hammers are ugly as a Quasimodo, but once you google a bit you can see that there are some kick * hammers in game, you just need to work for those. A bit of exploring, a bit of transmuting, a bit of grinding (if you are type to craft Mjolnir for example) and you can have awesome hammer. THAT is difference between GW and rest mmos, if you wanna look tough you need to work for it.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gallery_of_hammers …..and there is much more to it

So you mean GW2 is better than other MMOs because almost every skin sucks and you have to put in a lot of effort to not look like a clown? I agree that finding good looking skins is a lot of fun, but you don’t need everything else to look stupid for that to be possible.

I would prefer there to be more decent looking basic skins in addition to rare and really good looking ones, instead of just the latter.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Alarox.4590)

in Guardian

Posted by: FWB.1704

FWB.1704

This post is right on! Sure you guys can list a few decent hammer skins, but the by and large the hammers look like a mace with a slightly longer handle. They’re really, really disappointing scale wise. 2 handed hammers should be the same size as the greatswords. Moreover the heads on most of them need to be larger. I can’t tell you how disappointed I was when starting my hammer guardian. Sure he’s an asura, but does the hammer need to be half the size of my tiny character?

in Guardian

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

I use the Icebreaker as my main hammer.

I had a Ghastly Hammer but didn’t care for the look, so I put the Candy Cane skin on it – it’s fun enough. When I run a particular dungeon a lot, I usually put a +10% vs X sigil on that one.

The Magmaton uses the same skin as the Hammer precursor – it’s one of the better skins for sure.

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

magmadon is sweet.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: Minibiskit.6158

Minibiskit.6158

I think hammer skin preference really depends on your choice of armor and armor dye. I wanted a rugged look with a solid hammer that looked physically top-heavy.

Here is what I went with:

Weapon: Dredge Pulverizer (weaponsmithing)
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Dredge_Pulverizer.jpg

Armor: Plated set from Iron Marches Karma Vendors
http://www.gw2armor.com/human/male/k6/heavy/display_looks.php

Hope this helps you in your search!

Attachments:

in Guardian

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

My new favorite legendary is the juggernaut, the weapon itself is not that great looking, but the effect it gives on your armor (glossy) is so amazing. silver/gold goes great with that legendary you look like a freaking GOD. Would totally pick this over sunrise/twilight.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

(edited by Zogyark.4597)

in Guardian

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I think the juggy naught looks pretty nice though :P More of those please!

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Guardian

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

On a side note, there’s 2.5 (3?) greatsword legendaries and everything else only has one. It feels like greatswords were favored by the design team.

in Guardian

Posted by: Twill.6217

Twill.6217

i believe Mjolnir is by far the best looking hammer in this game…

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/b/b9/Mjolnir.jpg

..but… yeah, 350 loadestones. i guess it’s not exactly worth it.
if you can afford that, you’re better off just making a legendary one.

in Guardian

xScrubking.2748

What hammer is both huge and visually awe-appealing as well as being not entirely difficult to get?