Having trouble with Dragonhunter

in Guardian

Posted by: Avipt.9632

Avipt.9632

In PvE ive only been able to just unlock the DH so i cant speak how well it plays with dmg with Zerk gear adn such.

But ive been trying it in PvP, im not a hardcore pvp player but i cant really find a spec that works and sorta find a wep combo for the bow that suits it, i dont really know the place for DH. Sure ive been able to use spear to drag people into my traps.
I dont seem to do enough dmg to make a diffrence really.

Anyone got a nice build for LB?

in Guardian

Posted by: ebslike.1852

ebslike.1852

I have been running something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAT8NnsABVDBekittendilEi6aZDgEQe5j+sPL/+vAE

It is basically Meditations but with dragon hunter / bow. Use the empty utility slot for Contemplation of Purity or another trap, whatever you fancy.

Bow is obvious, when the target has taken some damage use sword 2 to blink on them and drop all your traps + sword 3 for sick damage.

in Guardian

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAT8ensABVdilDBeDB8DhlEi6aZDgEQe5j+sPL/+vAE-TZBFABiXGohjAQN7PswkittenHAAA

I recommend that build. It gives you more sustain than the previous poster. 2 stuns breaks plus the best condition clense in the game and gap closer.

Renewed focus also adds an insane amount of sustain since you have an extra VoC shield to tank then another 4k heal with condi clense.

The shield is a personal choice, but you can decap points really easy with your bow knockback and shield knock back

Also with shield and that trap you can set up the big combo I love.

-Lay the trap which puts up that white fence
-hit them with VOJ chain
-shield 5 to knock them through the fence trap
-VOJ chain pull them back through it.

If it crits twice yoy are looking at 7k damage ez.

Also remember if projectile finish through your light field bow #4, you remove conditions.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

(edited by Cat Has Ducks.1982)

in Guardian

Posted by: ebslike.1852

ebslike.1852

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAT8ensABVdilDBeDB8DhlEi6aZDgEQe5j+sPL/+vAE-TZBFABiXGohjAQN7PswkittenHAAA

I recommend that build. It gives you more sustain than the previous poster. 2 stuns breaks plus the best condition clense in the game and gap closer.

Renewed focus also adds an insane amount of sustain since you have an extra VoC shield to tank then another 4k heal with condi clense.

The shield is a personal choice, but you can decap points really easy with your bow knockback and shield knock back

Also with shield and that trap you can set up the big combo I love.

-Lay the trap which puts up that white fence
-hit them with VOJ chain
-shield 5 to knock them through the fence trap
-VOJ chain pull them back through it.

If it crits twice yoy are looking at 7k damage ez.

Also remember if projectile finish through your light field bow #4, you remove conditions.

Interesting build, I had sort of ignored Test of Faith because why would people run through them anyway? With the shield and VoJ we get ways to push or pull people through, nice! The only thing I don’t see is Judge’s Intervention since you already have sword blink; why would I want a longer range blink than that when I have a longbow? Lastly won’t you lose a lot of burst with this build so comparing them might be pointless (I don’t know though).