Healbot Guardian For WvW?

in Guardian

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAW5dl8ApZo9CxTI0ENRCBl9M+fOweEtoEXFAA-TlRDAB4o+jhKBja/hsU+BwRAQPdDECA5WA-w

Just messing around, want to build something fun, not necessarily good, nor bad.
So there’s the idea, go full hardcore Cleric/Healing Power and pretend to be a Monk.
For WvW/Zergs.

Your Opinions people?

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Your build can heal a lot, but you could even swap Signet of Mercy (which is too weak) to Bow of Truth (with high heal power, which is your case, can heal up to 6k AoE). And swap the Master of Consacrations for +50% Spirits duration allowing to cast the command of the bow twice.

Or you could even swap Signet of Mercy to Stand Your Ground. This signet should even exist, in my opinion, its too weak and boring.

Sorry for my english.

in Guardian

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

Terrible idea. If your goal is to heal the melee train, which you will only be able to do to your own party leaving the rest of the melee groups unaffected, you will have to be with the melee.

Now, you take away one person who can do damage. If everybody had a “guardian healbot” you just crippled 1/5 of your comp.

You don’t have any condition reduction. Conditions such as chill, cripple, and immobilize will leave you trailing behind in a well bomb.

Your only source of stability is on a 70 second cool down.

Your only source of protection is not reliable.

You don’t have an invul (Renewed Focus) to pull off a well bomb.

You don’t have shelter to use as a block if your health is low and you need to pull off a hit.

Virtue of Resolve, Hold the Line, and Elementalists who know what they are doing can keep almost complete up time on regeneration. The bulk of healing done comes from using blast finishers inside water combo fields.

Guild Wars 2 combat system was designed around group synergy instead of the infamous “holy trinity” system. This is why there are no such things as dedicated healers and tanks in GW2.

Jade Quarry since Beta

in Guardian

Nick.6972

Eh, yeah, the idea might not he great, but I want to try something different. Allready have all the other meta builds and setups.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Hi there!

try this out:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVQQNAW5dl8ApVo1CxdI8DNRCRldR8fBI2fQLUCXFAA-TlSDABOcQAMUJIMq/klSKqUi8kyBo2fAgLEgEPBgU0NQKAmUGB-w

2000 power
3000 armour
20k + HP
dodge roll heals 1000
absolute res: 523
symbols: 180 per sec

but…

you can scrap the half of this…

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVQQJAWRl8ApVo1CxdI8DNRCRldR8fBI2fQLUCXFAA-TlyGwAAuAA4VCKS9nlKpMqEJoyhDHCAX7PIRXAhnAApAYSZE-w

With GS you can hit like a truck with 2150 power (no stacks and might) decent armor: 2812+150
16800 HP + guard stacks.
dodge still heals for 950…
symbols: 172 heal
absolute res: 504

:D

#I no words have"

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

The build works, but I recommend getting Consecrated Ground and possibly replacing Purging Flames and/or Signet of Mercy (with Bow of Truth, and maybe Merciful Intervention, or possibly a shout). Normally I’d say keep Purging Flames, but the skill is glitched with Consecrated Ground (it only removes one condition with the trait), which you’ll need to deploy Wall of Reflection. The build is somewhat glassy-ish, so do note that positioning is quite important. Proper use of Tome of Courage is also essential, but its downtime is a big weakness.
Probably replace the mace with a scepter too. The healing the mace offers is insignificant and difficult to direct onto allies who need it, and the build is more fragile than normal WvW builds, so melee range should usually be avoided.

Snip

You mean different builds offer different things!? Insane!
Also, one healer guardian can outheal many water blast finishers. That argument has always been nonsense as far as I’m aware of.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

in Guardian

Nick.6972

Thank you for the input, had a cleric armor from the good old days and wanted to make something fun and different.
And of course you can’t be a healer in gw2 and healing power scales terribly, but whatever, at least a nice change for a bit.

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Hi there!

try this out:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVQQNAW5dl8ApVo1CxdI8DNRCRldR8fBI2fQLUCXFAA-TlSDABOcQAMUJIMq/klSKqUi8kyBo2fAgLEgEPBgU0NQKAmUGB-w

2000 power
3000 armour
20k + HP
dodge roll heals 1000
absolute res: 523
symbols: 180 per sec

but…

you can scrap the half of this…

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVQQJAWRl8ApVo1CxdI8DNRCRldR8fBI2fQLUCXFAA-TlyGwAAuAA4VCKS9nlKpMqEJoyhDHCAX7PIRXAhnAApAYSZE-w

With GS you can hit like a truck with 2150 power (no stacks and might) decent armor: 2812+150
16800 HP + guard stacks.
dodge still heals for 950…
symbols: 172 heal
absolute res: 504

:D

I run something similar to your last build although I’m over 1,200 healing and I sport Defender runes. Mace / focus is good. If we are pushing then I’ll go mace shield.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

The amount of extra healing you get off of running full clerics is about the same as two guardians without heal power. Beside that, I explained why you would have trouble keeping up with a fast moving melee train and still be able to pull off a well dump in this build.

Also, one healer guardian can outheal many water blast finishers. That argument has always been nonsense as far as I’m aware of.

This is not true. Blast finishers do not have a target limitation unlike most skills such as symbols which affect allies. A single blast finisher done by a person without healing power will heal for more than a full cleric guard’s traited symbol. Those symbols only affect up to 5 people. A blast finisher inside a water field will affect everyone within a 360 radius (little more than a dodge roll) of the blast. On top of that, the symbol healing is pulse and the blast is a burst heal.

The only thing which actually scales well with healing power is Selfless Daring which scales on a one to one ratio with healing power.

However, theory crafting is still just theory until proven in combat. Show me a video of this build sustaining a party and being able to survive and I’ll change me mind.

Here’s my video of hammer/staff running typical double stabo AH in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy-AdTa27JA

Jade Quarry since Beta

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

0/0/2/6/6 high healing works exceptionally well in small groups and havoc. However, I do agree, it’s not really needed in larger fights, due to the amounts of fields. As for the build; Mercy isn’t worth using, and Consecration are a bit iffy due to the mobile nature of WvW.

Personally I use this: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQJASWlsApWotCxfH8DNRCRldR8fBI2fwJkCXFAA-TFyDAB9q+zVK/GUJ4u6CA4IAU8DAQp9Hg4SAEAABwRP6RP6RPaH9mH9mH9olCwrlRA-w

Also a video if anyone is interested:

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Man, I wish I could record videos, but crappy comp doesn’t have enough, and wvw after all is taxing.

It’s generally a bad idea to mix tomes and virtues line because the traits clash. Not taking renewed focus means you can’t refresh the virtues which sorta defeats the purpose of going so deep into virtues.

Signet of Mercy is bad. 180 healing power passive isn’t really that good given the mediocre active. Leave that stuff to warbannering warriors.

The other thing is investing in symbol healing is a bad idea because you generally move too fast. The only reason to care about say, mace symbol, is to proc AH. Otherwise, forget about it. And those light fields too. Consecrated ground is on too long of a cooldown, sadly.

The final problem is that the lack of damage becomes apparent, and being a dead weight is no good.

Anyhow, use a hammer because it offers much more support:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQJAWSlsApZo1CxVI8DNRCRl9MEg/H2fQIUCXFAA-TFyGwAAuEA4VCKS9nh7PYUpxSlZm1FQ4JAQGgltA-w

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)