Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Just saying i found more satisfying a support focused build with the dragonhunter than with the druid. More heals and better support overall. Also i’m able to deal some damage that is always welcome.

i’m going to leave it here.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeTn0ABFditCBmCB0EhlBiS+6/+x3KAWgCI7AXwYA-TRhGwArU/ZnyPAKB5s/oP4r5PA-e

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Posted by: Recursivision.2367

Recursivision.2367

You are using rune of the dolyak.

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Posted by: Rutee.1058

Rutee.1058

For the love of christ, stop kittening spamming threads. Make one: “Other classes are better healers”. This is kittening noise.

I mean, this doesn’t look like a better healer, unlike some of the other builds you’ve posted, but for kitten’s sake, increase your signal to noise ratio.

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Posted by: Scar.2658

Scar.2658

I agree, to play a ranger u need to run dragon hunter, to run a guard run druid…. even guard would be sad w/ the low heals, ok, actually dragon hunter works for guard too. As a main Ranger for over one and a half years, I am again feeling ranger got the shaft yet again. I also noticed that the damage and heals in the demonstration is said to be w/o stats, but I did less w/ stats w/ trying multiple builds, I was no where close to what they claim was w/o stats.

(edited by Scar.2658)

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

anduriell.6280

I know it can get better. but this is for testing purpose in the beta.

In this forum are a lot of people that enjoy healer theme. With Dragonhunter can get so much better and also give so much support than the druid.
So i think is important to help them in this regard. It is not noise it’s something i discovered..

I TOLD YOU SO

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

In this forum are a lot of people that enjoy healer theme. With Dragonhunter can get so much better and also give so much support than the druid.
So i think is important to help them in this regard. It is not noise it’s something i discovered..

It’s still a Guardian build, post it in the Guardian forums where people who actually like Guardians will see it. Maybe one of them might like to try healing.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Posted by: Seth.8906

Seth.8906

druid bersek can heal a looot more. 10K with 2 skill how can DH do it better?

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Posted by: bluesnacks.2301

bluesnacks.2301

like the druid better, thanks.

Quand on parle du loup, on en voit la queue.

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

anduriell.6280

Dh can heal 5 allies 50K each with one skill. use my link and have a look. You have a bow also although pure guardian would heal much more.

Anyway Druid can not heal 10K even with 4 skill cast.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQFAWn0rCFsiVsCmsCEtiEaGAOcWA-TRhGwArU/ZnyPAKB5s/oD4r5PA-e

I TOLD YOU SO

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Seth.8906

Dh can heal 5 allies 50K each with one skill. use my link and have a look. You have a bow also although pure guardian would heal much more.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQFAWn0rCFsiVsCmsCEtiEaGAOcWA-TRhGwArU/ZnyPAKB5s/oD4r5PA-e

celestial mode skill 4 and 6 puff 10k
And you can heal 50k only when the elite is ready 144 sec lol and 4sec cast time

(edited by Seth.8906)

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

You’re not using Healing Breeze, Monk Runes, the honor trait line, or even a staff. Also Battle Presence is garbage ever since it got nerfed. How on earth does that build offer more healing.

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Rutee.1058

Um, it can heal max HP, not 50k, once every 2.5 minutes. Your own build that you keep slamming can easily push 10k in 3 skill casts – it gets 7.8k in 2. The DH you’re posting here looks incredibly unimpressive for the purpose of healing – it might be better at keeping people alive with some of those utilities, but its looking solidly worse at HP/S.

This doesn’t mean the DH is worse – if the DH can keep people alive while doing better dps, welp. But it appears a weaker healer.

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

anduriell.6280

celestial mode skill 4 and 6 puff 10k

Just have to stay on the top of your team for 5 seconds for that. SoS will not save you with conditions.
In WvW i couldn’t give more than one or 2 pulses before die or fly, because you have to stay in the middle of the zerg to make this skill useful. And while you do that you can’t cast anything else.
So CAF#4 is a no no.

So like other player said: in paper everything looks nice but if you play with the class you see everything is just dysfunctional.

Um, it can heal max HP, not 50k, once every 2.5 minutes. Your own build that you keep slamming can easily push 10k in 3 skill casts – it gets 7.8k in 2. The DH you’re posting here looks incredibly unimpressive for the purpose of healing – it might be better at keeping people alive with some of those utilities, but its looking solidly worse at HP/S.

This doesn’t mean the DH is worse – if the DH can keep people alive while doing better dps, welp. But it appears a weaker healer.

I agree with you, the build is not the best.
But even then it pulls better support than the druid. And a ery decent healing: it will heal 150HP /tick plus 1.5K every 8 secs just for being there.

Druid needs to build up the energy, and after that the healings are available for a very short time. Also how the heals are designed it put you always in the worst of the combat, which actually kills you most of the time. That if you want to heal.

I TOLD YOU SO

(edited by anduriell.6280)

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Recursivision.2367

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBmYD7keVogVsiVwkVgoVkMzAwhTD-ThRDABGqE8S1fia/hsU+BwDAQPdAkCwvhWA-e

Ancestral Grace and lunar impact to AoE heal 10k+ every 12 seconds. Glyph of rejuvenation in Celeform will do about the same. Tidal surge for another 5k or so, and blast the water with warhorn on the way out. And, well, you can do this pretty often.

If you really want to compare numbers with other builds, you’re going to lose. Druid is tops heals, bud.

(edited by Recursivision.2367)

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

If he posts this thread in the Guardian forums they’ll eat him alive!

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

anduriell.6280

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBmYD7keVogVsiVwkVgoVkMzAwhTD-ThRDABGqE8S1fia/hsU+BwDAQPdAkCwvhWA-e

Ancestral Grace and lunar impact to AoE heal 10k+ every 12 seconds. Glyph of rejuvenation in Celeform will do about the same. Tidal surge for another 5k or so, and blast the water with warhorn on the way out. And, well, you can do this pretty often.

If you really want to compare numbers with other builds, you’re going to lose. Druid is tops heals, bud.

You are using the cele form that is not available all the time. It is like using reaper shroud to say the necro is OP.
CAF only last for short time, 8 seconds? each time you use a CAF skill a chunk goes away.
And then you have to build up again. That with staff is fast enough in exchange for very weak damage.

Ventari can heal you for standing close. Plus 2K if moves the tablet. Plus 2.5K every 2 seconds.
plus 600 with the staff AA every 2 sec. Plus 2k every 15 sec.
For me that’s healing more than enough.. And it does not depend on you building up for CAF. And again, if so much healing is not needed Rev can change to another legen and give another kind of support.

Guardian don’t have numbers that high but also pulls a lot of healing. Plus a lot of support.

Druid only heals mostly when in combat and even that doesn’t get it right.

I TOLD YOU SO

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Rutee.1058

You are such a transparent liar. But you know, not only is your DH build worse, you should probably know, Guild Wars 2 builds’ site is blatantly off with druid heals. With half the healpower and the default traits on logging in, I have notably more healing than the one for your build. I hope you have actual parses, at this point.

And having just checked, they seem more or less accurate for Guard heals (I’m a little short on both raw heals and healing power).

(edited by Rutee.1058)

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I have yet to see someone do a HPS analysis … until then, the QQ about who’s the better healer is just talk.

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

anduriell.6280

You are such a transparent liar. But you know, not only is your DH build worse, you should probably know, Guild Wars 2 builds’ site is blatantly off with druid heals. With half the healpower and the default traits on logging in, I have notably more healing than the one for your build. I hope you have actual parses, at this point.

Identical build with the Druid.
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQBeusRicSkmSmoSopSgwSSAAgVA-TxgGgArq/sr8DQJIA-e

For me the support the druid gives is really bad compared to the Dragonhunter. And you have the longBow and traps (in case you do trapper ranger in WvW).
So really i still see the DragonHunter so much better healer than the druid. In spike and sustained healing.
I think Druid should forget the haler theme and stop using Druid as tome of courage 2.0

It didn’t work then it won’t work now.

I TOLD YOU SO

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Recursivision.2367

You are using the cele form that is not available all the time. It is like using reaper shroud to say the necro is OP.
CAF only last for short time, 8 seconds? each time you use a CAF skill a chunk goes away.
And then you have to build up again. That with staff is fast enough in exchange for very weak damage.

Ventari can heal you for standing close. Plus 2K if moves the tablet. Plus 2.5K every 2 seconds.
For me that’s healing more than enough.. And it does not depend on you building up for CAF. And again, if so much healing is not needed Rev can change to another legen and give another kind of support.

Guardian don’t have numbers that high but also pulls a lot of healing. Plus a lot of support.

In most situations outside of very small encounters (1v1, etc.) you can have Celeform back up in less than 20 seconds without even trying. So, I don’t really see that as a limiting factor here. Still 5k AoE burst healing very 12 seconds on staff-3, nice sustain healing from staff and traits, and massive heals in the fairly accessible Celeform.

In terms of pure healing, druid is the best.

Give ventari a try and honestly tell me it’s a better healer. It has decent sustain healing if you’re standing in one spot. It has no capability to burst heal and becomes almost unusable when players are moving.

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Rutee.1058

For me the support the druid gives is really bad compared to the Dragonhunter. And you have the longBow and traps (in case you do trapper ranger in WvW).
So really i still see the DragonHunter so much better healer than the druid. In spike and sustained healing.

Are you illiterate, or are you just so intent on seeing the answer you want to see that you can’t see anything else? Let me repeat:

According to the GW2builds site, with twice the healing power I heal for less than I do in the actual game. I logged in with Cel armor and a no-stat staff (I haven’t bothered picking stats for it yet). I heal for 10% more on most skills, with up to 30% difference. And because you do not read, I repeat: This is with half of the healing power. Guardian heals are as the site says.

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Seth.8906

Guardian and DH is useless a revenant can do all better. After hot no more guardian bb

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

anduriell.6280

In most situations outside of very small encounters (1v1, etc.) you can have Celeform back up in less than 20 seconds without even trying. So, I don’t really see that as a limiting factor here. Still 5k AoE burst healing very 12 seconds on staff-3, nice sustain healing from staff and traits, and massive heals in the fairly accessible Celeform.

In terms of pure healing, druid is the best.

Give ventari a try and honestly tell me it’s a better healer. It has decent sustain healing if you’re standing in one spot. It has no capability to burst heal and becomes almost unusable when players are moving.

Staff-3 does 1.6K healing every 12 secs. which is subpar even to the 1.5K healing every 8 secs from the guardian.
The Druid does only have sustain healing if there hare many players around. You with your pet is not going to be enough.
The CAF (celestial avatar form, not my acronym) is same useless when players are moving: CAF-1 takes +1 sec to land. CAF-2 2 secs t activate.
CAF-3 is the only skill useful but mostly used to attack. CAF-4 radius too small and healing to weak, CAF-5 make you a damage sponge while channeling.
And that’s CAF. Druid should be able to pull good support when in normal state being superb when in CAF, and there it fails miserably.

As i said i like the support theme because i had enough selfishness with the ranger. I just want the profession to be well designed not another ranger bad like profession that is subpar to any other healing build.

I TOLD YOU SO

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Rutee.1058

Staff-3 does 1.6K healing every 12 secs. which is subpar even to the 1.5K healing every 8 secs from the guardian.

Staff 3 does 2.1k with half the healing power. Stop. Talking.

Attachments:

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

anduriell.6280

Staff 3 does 2.1k with half the healing power. Stop. Talking.

Still not the 5K it’s pointed. That’s actually half.

So my point is still valid.

I TOLD YOU SO

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Rutee.1058

So my point is still valid.

No. It is in fact, not. Because your point, in what I quoted, was that Staff 3 (2.1k at 500 healing power every 12 seconds – I hadn’t traited in that screenshot) was worse than 1.5k (at 1.2k healing power) every 8 seconds. Just. Stop. Talking. You can’t argue your points for kitten. Let literally anyone else extoll the virtues of other healers – you suck at it. You refuse to see that your arguments are actively harmful to your case, because you’re looking at less HP/S from the guardian as a win from the kittening guardian.

If someone claimed 5k from that, I’d like to see it, but I could easily see it breaking 4k (Staff-3 is a blast, you bloody maroon).

(edited by Rutee.1058)

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

This…This might be the only pro-Druid thread active on the forums, and it was made because somebody told people that Druid wasn’t as good as Dragonhunter.

Quick! The guardian side of the fence hates Dragonhunter! Someone post a Druid build and say it’s better than DH! See if we can trick people into appreciating their new specs!

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Just gonna throw this out there. You cannot say something is a fact if you refuse to test your theories.

The Skill Editor is NOT an infallible source. If you aren’t willing to go into the game to check your facts you don’t really have a case.

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

I’m telling you that DH build is more useful than druid.

You’re being wrong.

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Just gonna throw this out there. You cannot say something is a fact if you refuse to test your theories.

The Skill Editor is NOT an infallible source. If you aren’t willing to go into the game to check your facts you don’t really have a case.

This right here.

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Rutee.1058

Again, you keep misleading with your arguments:
You need the water field.
Base numbers are not the 5k they claim.

No one gives a wooden nickel for base numbers. People care about actual HP/S. Your guardian build CAN’T blast a water field; Druids have what, 3 easily accessible blast finishers in your half-finished build? And at least one water field, going solely off your build?

Hell, you kittening argue the same for base numbers – I mean have you seen CA’s channel? The base numbers on that are INCREDIBLE. IT’s up to 6k AoE healing – AT 500 Healing power. You probably won’t get that in PvP or Wuvwuv, but you will ABSOLUTELY get that in PvE.

Also i’m using the numbers from that site:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/
Because i will not put the game again just to check if the amounts are correct. And that could mean that also the numbers in Guardian skills are wrong.

They are accurate, for Guardian, except possibly Signet of Courage (Which I didn’t check at all). But they are inaccurate, for Druid. IT’s like the Guardian skills are old and not being tweaked constantly, and the Druid is new, and being tweaked constantly, or something.

In any case i don’t care. I’m telling you that DH build is more useful than druid.

Okay, and I’m telling you I’m the queen of england. Neither of these is a particularly believable statement.*

In my OP i stated that if you want to go healer going DH is more satisfying than Druid, because heals better and more often. And that’s a fact.

If it’s a fact, demonstrate it. All you have is theorycrafting, and you KNOW now that the Druid numbers you’re using are wrong – it’s trivially demonstrable.

*Well, technically, I’m agnostic, still, on whether the DH is more useful overall. Mace/Shield have cool defenses, many of which help the party. But it’s a less good healer.

And DH is a selfish profession.

lol. As a whole, sure, but YOURS? You have a LOT of group utility here. kitten , you’re using Mace/Shield. Be less blatantly dishonest.

(edited by Rutee.1058)

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

I disagree, with Cleric gear, and Monk runes, along with traits, the druid provides the best heals in the game IMO. With entering Cele form constantly, Iam able to keep my party’s health at max in dungeons with no issues.

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Posted by: Mono.7320

Mono.7320

Wrong forum section bud, go post in here
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian

Healer? Go Dragon Hunter

in Guardian

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBmYD7kQFolFskVwWQgrFskJYwz0d6P9pGkqecNJrAwB4kXVpVA-TZxHAB1+EAQqMgBHEAAuAAYs/AA – Build

Raw stream VoD: http://www.twitch.tv/rym69/v/18962824

Numbers in attachement. I was able to reach 1,1 million healing done to allies on single game later, 900k was when I was still learning everything. 500-600k is average Conquest game.

Don’t make me laugh, OP. 50k? That’s nothing. Forget anything you knew. Damage fills Astral Force really slowly, but I dare you, I double dare you – launch that beam from Staff #1 through any ally.
Full Astral Force within 4s. Launch through 2 or more, you basically have no downtime on Celestial Form. I switched to Druidic Clarity and the effects are beyond OP. You have full self cleanse every couple second in teamfight.

Druid can sustain whole Lord’s room on Stronghold on it’s own. It can carry summoned Hero under heavy focus the entire way to Lord’s room and keep him above 90% hp pretty much entire time. There was one game where I was sustaining whole team in enemy Lord’s room and Healing Drood on opposite was doing the same. Results? No one could die. It’s pretty much “focus the Monk” situation from GW1.

No other healer I played can reach such sustain and healing. Revenant is better in some aspects, but as it stands now with Astral Force generation, Druid, as long as your team has braincells, makes your team pretty much unkillable.

I haven’t tested much of Celestial Shadow trait yet because I was afraid of random Reveals for allied Thieves, but I will test it tomorrow. Seems super powerful for transporting Hero on Stronghold, since Astral Force is absolutely no problem.

Oh and Staff #5 is Water Field.

Attachments:

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)